Chaos Field GameCube
5.3

1. Dec 28, 2012
    This game is too boring. if it had been released around the time of Super Mario Bros, somebody might have actually enjoyed playing the game. The game would be much nicer if it was given a real story mode with mid-stage saving. I got this game for $3 and am not sure if it's even worth the money.
  2. DevinD.
    Sep 4, 2006
    This game is not Ikaruga. Nothing will probably ever be able to recreate that exact formula. It is however a decent shooter. When I first saw this at gamestop it was $40. I simply waited until it was $25. Now you could probably find it for twenty. I have played better shmups for free. I have also played worse shmups for a lot more. For $20 you are getting a good shooter fix for the genre This game is not Ikaruga. Nothing will probably ever be able to recreate that exact formula. It is however a decent shooter. When I first saw this at gamestop it was $40. I simply waited until it was $25. Now you could probably find it for twenty. I have played better shmups for free. I have also played worse shmups for a lot more. For $20 you are getting a good shooter fix for the genre starved Gamecube. Graphics are 'meh' but the sound is excellent and the gameplay decent. Expand
  3. RyanM.
    Mar 5, 2006
    Of course those few will come to bash this game for not being Ikaruga. Ikaruga it is not, but it IS a respectable shoot-em-up worth a purchase. i expect this game to become rare as well, and in the whole scope of the genre, there is no reason why this game should be bashed over the supposed superiority of Ikaruga. this game keeps up equally in challenge, the graphics are crisp and Of course those few will come to bash this game for not being Ikaruga. Ikaruga it is not, but it IS a respectable shoot-em-up worth a purchase. i expect this game to become rare as well, and in the whole scope of the genre, there is no reason why this game should be bashed over the supposed superiority of Ikaruga. this game keeps up equally in challenge, the graphics are crisp and fantastic, and the game is so simple and fun...for a bit. the main plague to this game is that there is nothing else to it, a common fault in the genre. but fans will expect that, and hopefully come to this game offering it the praise it deserves. A 2d shooter is a rare commodity, cherish it and be hopeful that we will see ones in the future, better than chaos Field and maybe excelling the reasonably overrated Ikaruga. Collapse
  4. tonyG.
    Jan 31, 2006
    if you like shooterstry to track down ikaruga. it's rare but worth the hunt ... this chaos field sux.

1. Despite its nonstop action and requisite techno soundtrack, Chaos Field never ascends to the level of a shooter classic, like GameCube's beautiful "Ikaruga." It's all about finding a sweet spot and plugging away.
  2. The hit detection is more of a miss, the presentation is far below the standards set by so many of the game's contemporaries, and even the Chaos/Order gimmick could have been fleshed out and utilized far more than what the gameplay offers.
  3. In everything but gameplay, this game is basically standard fare.