Donkey Konga 2 GameCube

6.0

1. Jul 3, 2016
    This game isn't well received as the first one and I don't know why? The music is fun and controls are amazing what is so bad about this game? I do recommend people play this game only if they enjoy it and they should enjoy it.
  2. JohnS.
    May 22, 2005
    Why the lame music? I had both the EU and US version of the original game and the tunes were so much better! Especially the EU version with it's classic end electronic pieces. This (US) version of Donkey Konga 2 contains the weakest music I've heard for a very long time.
  3. RyanM.
    Jun 24, 2005
    I finally got a chance to psot this review, over my busy life and my busy days playing this genius title. I may be a bit bias towars this game, so take it with a grain of salt. I find Doney Konga 2 to be pure undeniable fun. The game ranges greatly in difficulty so everyone can find a level they enjoy and can play without excessive frustration. The songs are definitely not as varied as I finally got a chance to psot this review, over my busy life and my busy days playing this genius title. I may be a bit bias towars this game, so take it with a grain of salt. I find Doney Konga 2 to be pure undeniable fun. The game ranges greatly in difficulty so everyone can find a level they enjoy and can play without excessive frustration. The songs are definitely not as varied as what we saw in Konga 1, but still what IS placed in the title are mostly fun and upbeat songs, great for the genre in which this game is. I find it a bummer, that the original artists are not doing the songs in this game, but I did not lose much sleep over it, for I was too busy tearing through mini-games and unlocking all those infamous Dixie notes. The Dixie notes are a great asset, where you are given hints and tricks and clues gradually, and unlocking every note is a major psychological reward. So basically, Donkey Konga 2 is great fun, but it is most definitely not for everyone. Fans of the previous have no choice but to pick this up, and rythm game fans should check out the previous entry before getting Konga 2. The rack list is more defining, and the improvements are little, but it is still great fun for anyone willing to give it time and patience. Expand
  4. BubbleM.
    Jun 17, 2006
    I'm not really sure. When I saw it I thought it would be as good as DDR but when I played it the controls were tough and it the music (that I've never heard of) goes too fast for me to figure out the controls. But it's a kind of fun game and I like the story to it. But now I kinda wish my sister bought me Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for my B-Day.

#45 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005

This game is a brave try, but most players will regard it as a step backwards from the previous game.
    With a much smoother front end and far more relaxing, sedentary backdrops in-game, visually, the game seems crisper and more vibrant with the overall quality of presentation a step up from the original. [JPN Import]
  3. By comparison, Donkey Konga 2's a bit too... (ah hell, why not?) humdrum.