Donkey Konga GameCube

8.3

1. Jul 3, 2016
    The music is fun this game is fast pace. Using the bongos is fun and play with others is a real blast! This game makes no harm when it's this fun. Please play it now cause it's great.
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    I consider a good game a game that accomplishes what it sets out to do. This method of scoring doesn't work when their goal is to make money, but in this case, Donkey Konga wants to be a music sheet simulator for the drum peripherals that are necessary to play the game. And in that case, this game is perfect. The controls work perfectly and there's even a few fan service songs like theI consider a good game a game that accomplishes what it sets out to do. This method of scoring doesn't work when their goal is to make money, but in this case, Donkey Konga wants to be a music sheet simulator for the drum peripherals that are necessary to play the game. And in that case, this game is perfect. The controls work perfectly and there's even a few fan service songs like the Pokemon theme song. In short, the only question you need to ask yourself to know if you want to play this game is: Do I think I (or whomever you're buying this for if you are getting this as a gift) like playing with bongos? Collapse
  3. JoshH.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Gr8 game to play especially with m8s around u. Gr8fun only europe side the song list is crap. oh well still amzing fun.
  4. Ryan
    Jan 8, 2005
    The only downfall is the weak song list. theres only 33 songs, and after awhilethey get a bit repetitive. but the beginning moments of this game are the most memorable. dont expect to come back forever, but expect frequent updates stateside.
  5. DavidM.
    Oct 29, 2004
    As a pro drummer I must say this game is challenging! It is a great tool to teach someone some basics of bongo drumming or drumming in general. My kids love it and my nephew who wants to be a drummer loves it as we bought one for him for his birthday!! Nintendo out did themselves with this one!!
  6. Sam
    Aug 14, 2004
    Played a demo and I love it! I hate rythm games and I still love it! Think of it as gamecube with Eyetoy, without seeing yourself.
  7. J.J.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Great game.
  8. Kevin
    Jun 4, 2004
    A lot of fun, even without 4 sets of drums, taking turns is still good.
  9. SallyC.
    Apr 17, 2004
    When you have four players, it's absolutely fantastic! You have to try this. Yes, there are not a thousand songs, but don't let that stop you.
  10. Myamoto
    Mar 9, 2004
    Very boring...
  11. FrankM.
    Jan 21, 2004
    Best Game ever. If it was in English it would be PERFECT.
  12. Aug 12, 2012

#18 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#20 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 31 silver [Vol 783]
  2. The range of songs is highly impressive, despite being covers rather than the original songs.
  3. Edge Magazine
    It's far too easy for veterans in singleplayer, but with four sets of the ludicrous peripheral - an unlikely scenario, admittedly - and each player tapping out their own, interlinking rhythm the game becomes a uniquely entertaining experience. [Feb 2004, p.111]