F-Zero GX GameCube
9.0

1. Jun 26, 2013
    There was a point in my life where I thought Need for Speed was fast. Then I played F-Zero GX.

This right here is how you make a good racing game. Crazy speed, insane techno music, awesome graphics, and ridiculous track designs all help to make this game what it is. And you know what? This game is HARD AS HELL. If you are able to beat the story mode, you deserve a plaque or something.

In my humblest of opinions, this is the best racing game to date. I just hope they make a new one some day. This franchise better not die.
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    If any of you guys a racer was more crazy then this game, you thought wrong. This is easily one of the best and downright craziest racing games ever made. The music is excellent, the visuals are the best on the GameCube (they compare to visuals from the 7th gen as well), the racing is high-octane and a great multi-player. The story however, is not that good (though it does not matter in a racer) and the game is just brutally difficult. This game is just fun in every sense of the word. Very hard, but extremely fun. Highly recommend it. Expand
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    Wipeout? forget about that **** This game right here is perfection when it comes to futuristic racing.
    Fast paced, superb controls, great tracks, awesome music, really great graphics, solid framerate and hard as **** difficulty just make the deal better. One of the best games that the Cube has to offer.
  4. Oct 21, 2012
    Will I ever beat this game? Ever? That's what makes F-Zero so great. When you die, and I mean WHEN, it makes you go "Let's try again, I'll do it this time!", but of course you die again. And again. And again. **** Here's what you'll get out of this game: Gameplay so hard it puts Battletoads to shame, magnificent visuals, a kickass soundtrack, and the chance to play as the spawn of Chuck Norris himself, Captain Falcon. If you only enjoy a game when you're constantly winning, you'll never enjoy this game because you will DIE, with nobody to blame but yourself and your need for speed. That's it, though. The gameplay works so well that you can't fault anyone but yourself. This game has no luck involved. It's just you racing 29 other contestants in a brutal death match of who can be faster. Expand
  5. May 30, 2013
    Probably one of the best racers I have ever played. Those that are panning the game for its style or difficulty are being silly and vacuous trolls (like Gamerfolife or KarlN). This game is very fast as it runs at a constant 60 fps. The tracks flow really well with constant speed and look really nice (plus they're functional). The graphics are great because they are very detailed, with some good animation cut scenes in the story mode. There are many unlockables and modes such as being able to customize your machine, to pilot profiles, to watching replays. The Grand Prix offers five cups with their varied track designs and plenty of replay value, coupled with interviewing the pilots afterwards. Story Mode is more like a Missions Mode with a plot behind it; it is very difficult, but totally worth beating. The game offers 41 pilots with their own machines, all unique from one another and making for a great character list. The music is pulse-pounding and very catchy to hear. My only complaints with F-Zero GX is that it is quite difficult, especially in the Story Mode where the AI cheats in some chapters (its still beatable, though), and that some of the voice acting and lip-syncing was a little off at times. Otherwise, it is a complete game with few flaws and I enjoyed every minute of it. Expand
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    An incredibly fast paced futuristic racing game, an amazing (electronic/rock) soundtrack, a HUGE character roster, ability to customize and create your own vehicle, very original race tracks with loopings and gravity defying mechanics, an ending movie with each and every one of the characters you finish Grand Prix with and a challenge mode which is incredibly hard and truly challenges you to come back for more...

Depending on your love for fast paced racing games this will be the game for you.
    It has a very arcade-y like feel to it, but this benefits the game even more, you just keep coming back to the game, learning how to maneuver every racetrack they throw at you, definitely worth your time as a race fan.

One of the best the Gamecube has to offer!
  7. Mar 23, 2012
    F-Zero GX is the current latest F-Zero game released on home-console, and it'll be almost ten years since its release.

If you play the game today, it'll feel like it's been released yesterday. This game definitely got ahead of its time with it's catchy soundtrack and high-quality graphics.

What's great: Gameplay elements, awesome graphics, amazing soundtrack, entertaining cut scenes, and
    it's story mode.

What's not so great: The difficulty of completing the game, but F-Zero is more than just a test of skill...

Would I recommend this game to a friend?
    "YES!" as the Falcon would say.
  8. Apr 1, 2013
    *9.8* Ocean of depth and entertainment.. Every failure creates a drive to win that builds to obsessive levels. An F-Zero update's arrival to the e-sports scene would cause a gaming revolution.
  9. Dec 2, 2011
    One of my favorite games, and easily the best racing game i have ever played, the game offers many characters and their vehicles which you can unlock... and a lot of race tracks (that you can also unlock). It could also well be one of the hardest games i have ever played, the story made really made me angry, but i still kept playing it until i finally unlocked all the courses, (still need to unlock the characters, but probably not going to cause of how hard the story mode is)... Games has overall fast paced gameplay, the most fitting and amazing soundtrack ever put into a game, and excellent vehicle customization... why would anyone give this game anything lower than a 10??? Expand
  10. May 30, 2012
    This is the last hardcore nintendo game, and boy is it a good one. This game oozes style, with uniquely-constructed settings and memorable courses, not to mention the blazing soundtrack keeping pace with the speed. It is a VERY hard game, but it keeps frustration to a minimum.

1. The challenge of this game will bring out the best or the worst in a gamer, a true test of ability and skill. All of this is given to us with a great story, memorable characters, vivid settings, all wrapped up in a presentation that's second to none.
  2. So-so bonuses notwithstanding, there's just nothing else like this on the GameCube.
    This version should be rightly deemed as the definitive racing game of this generation, and one of the best ever made. [JPN Import]