F-Zero GX GameCube

8.6

1. Gamerfolife
    Dec 4, 2003
    This game is way too slow. the futuristic graphics make no sense whatsoever. this game should wisen up and start using licensed vehicles and believable locations, like miami or something. you look like you are driving little toys instead of actual speed machines. mario kart is even more realistic than this. the graphics are terrible because they aren't real enough. the tracks areThis game is way too slow. the futuristic graphics make no sense whatsoever. this game should wisen up and start using licensed vehicles and believable locations, like miami or something. you look like you are driving little toys instead of actual speed machines. mario kart is even more realistic than this. the graphics are terrible because they aren't real enough. the tracks are completely implausible because you go in loops and upside down and stuff, makes no sense. f-zero has always been this bad though, since it first appeared on the sega genesis in 1994. i hear that the n-gage is going to release an f-zero game, hopefully they release something worthwhile on their new amazing handheld pocket god. Expand
  2. BenT.
    Oct 17, 2003
    This game is SO HARD!!!!! Especially the Time Attack. I MEAN IT!!!!!! Try it and you can see.
  3. KarlN.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I don't know why people think that this game is good. The characters look stupid. The 80's rock anthems grate on my ears. The ships are hard to drive.
  4. Feb 18, 2015
    The parts of this game I was able to play were pretty. Sadly it was much too difficult for my abilities, and I didn't manage to get far enough into the game to have a good impression of it.

Unless you're really good at racing games, F-Zero GX is going to be more frustrating than fun.
  5. Aug 14, 2016
    The eyes of most players here are blurred by nostalgia, for many it seems, childhood nostalgia, while I skipped this generation (during my early 20s) and returned to this game later in life (having experienced 3 or 4 generations of gaming before the Gamecube even appeared). The parts of this game where there is a track that doesn't launch you into oblivion are great; superb high-speedThe eyes of most players here are blurred by nostalgia, for many it seems, childhood nostalgia, while I skipped this generation (during my early 20s) and returned to this game later in life (having experienced 3 or 4 generations of gaming before the Gamecube even appeared). The parts of this game where there is a track that doesn't launch you into oblivion are great; superb high-speed racing. However, for many of the later tracks in the game then it is a matter of the game being so fast that you simply do not have time to avoid or see the ramps that launch you to an instant death. The only way to confront this unfair challenge is to play the challenges (or most annoyingly the whole cup) over and over again until you randomly succeed. This is not fun and massive design flaw. In many ways this makes the game impossible to complete without putting in a disproportionate amount of time (and anger) compared to the fun. I'd love a new F-zero game, but without this fundamental flaw. A game that is neigh-on impossible to complete, not due to size, but due to bad design = low score, simple as that. Expand
  6. May 23, 2016
    This game was clunky, people have nostalgia goggles on, the ones before it were better, honestly. The same nerds that hate on modern Nintendo games with challenge, praise this for far less.

#4 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#18 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. The challenge of this game will bring out the best or the worst in a gamer, a true test of ability and skill. All of this is given to us with a great story, memorable characters, vivid settings, all wrapped up in a presentation that's second to none.
  2. So-so bonuses notwithstanding, there's just nothing else like this on the GameCube.
    This version should be rightly deemed as the definitive racing game of this generation, and one of the best ever made. [JPN Import]