8.9

1. Sep 9, 2013
    Now and then I get the urge to play an older game for nostalgia and to see what I missed back in the day. So this review is from 2013, but I'm trying to think with a mind of the past to be fair.

When compared to other games in the genre, I feel PoR is more linear, less customizable and less complex than other grid TRPGS(tactical role-playing games), like say Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea. It's by no means a bad game, but it is rather simple and straightforward.

For a novice to the genre, it's probably a good starter. For veterans of the genre, I would pass this one over unless you're just completely out of unplayed TRPGs.
  2. CarcasGalatic
    Jan 8, 2006
    I was so glad when I herd one was coming out for Game Cube but i was majorly disopointed. Graphics are terrible. I actully rate this game one point lower than the ones out for game boy. The story line is the only real good part.

1. While the presentation and lack of innovation may not wow you, you'll be sucked in by just how well judged every element of the gameplay is.
  2. It starts off brilliant, then erodes your enthusiasm over time.
  3. Sure, this game is nowhere near as difficult as its SNES and GBA predecessors, but it still requires all the strategy and thought required to make it great.