9.1

1. Jan 11, 2011
    i loved all three gba games, and at first i hated this game due to the slow and uninspired battle animations. after giving it a second chance 5 years after its release i actually really like the game. the animations are still poor, so i turned them off which speeds the game up and makes it more enjoyable in most situations, although ikes aether animation is sweet! i found th game just as good as the other three ive played, although i didnt particularly like the addition of animal units, they dont evolve and are just abit boring in comparison to human units, so i didnt really use them. overall a really nice game, and worth the expensive price now adays, i payed £30 for it, and i dont regret it :) Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Awesome, but mainly trying to balance out the stupid 0/10 for not being a handheld. The game reintroduces aspects from sacred war (abilities). The maps are great. The characters are very lovable.
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    The best Fire Emblem yet, mostly due to characters. The team felt very united and charismatic. Level design is superb and the challange will make you think harder not to loose that beloved unit. Some improvements were made on later games, but this one raised the bar way up from both GBA games.
  4. Oct 21, 2012
    My personal favorite for reasons I cannot comprehend. Maybe I just like the Gamecube, maybe it's what it added to the franchise, Ike, or the story. But regardless, this is a FE game your gaming library isn't complete without.
  5. May 27, 2012
    Wonderful game overall. I was worried because the Fire Emblem games seemed to recycle a lot of things from their older games, but this game has brought so many new things to the table and still keep some of the things we love about Fire Emblem! The 3D animations were well done, although they were a tad long and the story is unlike anything I've seen before! A must have for RPG lovers!
  6. May 5, 2012
    It's a pretty good game but there aren't any dark magic users or arenas! You can only earn money by visiting towns or selling items in stores. Other than that the game follows the old style of gameplay like its predecessors.
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    Epic story, amazingly interesting and relative characters, great RPG gameplay. Only big drawback is it's graphics that seem low budget (except from the cutscenes of course). 8.7/10
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    Great game, great series.

If you like Awakening, Path of Radiance offers a richer, deeper experience. The map design is far superior to Awakening, and the story is a lot less contrived.

Give it a chance.
  9. Sep 9, 2012
    Loved this game. Best strategy game since OgreBattle 64, good story, good characters, nothing bad to say really.
  10. Jun 1, 2011
    Fire Emblem, one of the world's toughest series makes it's way into 3D, looking breathtaking in the cinematics, but N64-ish in game! Com'on Intelligent Systems! Much like the GBA counter part(s), Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance features a deep story line, colorful and interesting characters, several locals and a challenge.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Now and then I get the urge to play an older game for nostalgia and to see what I missed back in the day. So this review is from 2013, but I'm trying to think with a mind of the past to be fair.

When compared to other games in the genre, I feel PoR is more linear, less customizable and less complex than other grid TRPGS(tactical role-playing games), like say Final Fantasy Tactics or
    Disgaea. It's by no means a bad game, but it is rather simple and straightforward.

For a novice to the genre, it's probably a good starter. For veterans of the genre, I would pass this one over unless you're just completely out of unplayed TRPGs.

1. While the presentation and lack of innovation may not wow you, you'll be sucked in by just how well judged every element of the gameplay is.
  2. It starts off brilliant, then erodes your enthusiasm over time.
  3. Sure, this game is nowhere near as difficult as its SNES and GBA predecessors, but it still requires all the strategy and thought required to make it great.