Freaky Flyers GameCube

6.5

1. May 22, 2013
    Freaky Flyers got some funny cut scenes, the music is pretty good, and I like the weapons that you can use while you're in one of the race. The graphics are okay but I don't care for the controls.
  2. JoeB.
    Aug 17, 2003
    It's always same thing!
  3. GaryS.
    Aug 13, 2003
    You are required to do a lot more than just race if you want to win (e.g., turbos have to be opened up and additional power-up slots have to be earned). There is more to this game than just memorizing the shortest route (which in many cases is not the fastest). I'm also very appreciative of the fact that they didn't include any cheap power-ups that are only available to racers You are required to do a lot more than just race if you want to win (e.g., turbos have to be opened up and additional power-up slots have to be earned). There is more to this game than just memorizing the shortest route (which in many cases is not the fastest). I'm also very appreciative of the fact that they didn't include any cheap power-ups that are only available to racers in last place (things like the gold mushroom or lightning bolt of Mario Kart 64). In most cases, the winner will be the best flier/shooter. The music and narration are corny and comical (good, light-hearted humor). Even though it took 2 GameCube disks for this one, my only complaint would be that I want more. I've been waiting for this one since Diddy Kong Racing! I was going to rate it a 9, but considering the fact that I haven't seen a decent Kart-style racer in so many years and this one manages to keep all that I love about the genre and yet add a unique twist to the battle aspect of it, I upped it to a 10. Collapse
  4. MarkE.
    Aug 12, 2003
    The levels are unbelievably huge!

#70 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003

1. Giving the characters stories within the game not only lends them more life than most racing game characters, it gives players a good reason to keep going until you've seen them all.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    The ease of the control system makes this a perfect rental for a day or two.
  3. While Freaky Flyers is not going to compete with "Mario Kart" by any means, it is a fun title with a dash of innuendo, a drop of multiplayer, and about 2 sprinkles too little of speed. All in all, a fun adult title in the land of 'serious sims' and 'shell tossing plumber-racer' games.