• Publisher: Natsume
  • Release Date: Mar 16, 2004
9.0

1. Jul 14, 2011
    This game is legitimately one of my favorite games on the Gamecube, ever. For something, that is in it's most simplistic sense, a farm simulator, it never manages to get boring. I plan to buy it soon, for I sold my Gamecube years ago, and enjoy all the farming fun again. Excellent work!
  2. KristenS.
    Mar 21, 2004
    Although the idea of a farming simulation might seem silly and absurd at first, you would be amazed at the addiction that easily forms from the excitement you get as you catch a rare fish, or the surprise as you walk into the Chicken Coop to find a golden egg awaiting you. Natsume never ceases to create a serene and tranquil setting of farming life, although the farming work itself might get a bit tedious. The things that set this HM apart from the other ones is a few key factors: 1. New fishing technique. 2. Instead of starting with a run-down and old farm, you start with a cow, 3,000G, and a whole pasture filled with grass. 3. Many new characters, each with their own likes, dislikes, and original personalities. 4. New ?dating? technique. Moreover, I could go continue to list positives. To put it simple, this game is not all lollipops and gummy bears. Even though Natsume has put their heads together and thought up some great ideas, they still did not take enough time to go through and fix spelling errors, or correct a glitch here and there. The detail put into the rooms and areas shows, balancing off a few things that they could have been improved. My biggest complaint would be the fact that although the shadows add a cute touch, terrain itself doesn?t give a shadow, making the illusion of, for example, while you?re standing beside a river, the shadow cast onto the river of you appears to be ?floating?. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Collapse

1. 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 31 silver [Vol 183; 16 July 2004]
  2. It's a life you'd want to live, and it's a truly refreshing escape from the pressures of reality into an imaginary utopia poised on the edge of an ocean.
  3. Much of the enjoyment comes from the awe and wonder at discovering the simple things in the world. Where previous Harvest Moon titles encouraged workaholic tendencies … the thrill here is in experimentation. [Apr 2004, p.105]