Killer7 GameCube

8.5

1. BenjaminB.
    Apr 2, 2007
    The game is like art: you can discuss whether it is a masterpiece or just crap. so I want to review it as scientific as possible: graphics: pro: extraordinary, artistic style con: where are the textures?, you need a strong stomach sound: pro: fiting to the mood, disturbing con: not used very often and in an extraordinary way story: pro: sth. new, complex con: confusing gameplay: pro: 7 The game is like art: you can discuss whether it is a masterpiece or just crap. so I want to review it as scientific as possible: graphics: pro: extraordinary, artistic style con: where are the textures?, you need a strong stomach sound: pro: fiting to the mood, disturbing con: not used very often and in an extraordinary way story: pro: sth. new, complex con: confusing gameplay: pro: 7 characters with special abilities con: precreated paths, always walking and shooting - nothing else conclusion: when you are looking for a new gaming experience, it's your game. But don't compare it to other games and NEVER GIVE IT IN HANDS OF KIDS OR PSYCHIC UNSTABLE PERSONS, because after this game they will become mad and run amok. Carefully, I give it a 7, because you can only rate it in a serious way, after you played more games like this one. But it's the 1st one. Expand
  2. May 28, 2012
    I liked this game very unique. Story wasn't as good as I hoped tho.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Killer 7 follows the story of a group of assassins known as The Killer 7 as they try to put a stop to terrorist group Heavens Smiles. Unusually for a video game it is this story, as much as the gameplay, that will keep most players interested and it is a story that most players won't forget in a hurry.

The unique gameplay sees the player following a set path around the game world by pressing the A button to move forward and hitting B to turn around. At first this seems restricting but it is quickly forgotten about as the game still allows the player to decide which direction to take at junctions as well as whether or not to enter certain doors. Whilst exploring and trying to figure out the puzzles a manic laugh will hint that an enemy is nearby. Pulling out your weapon switches the player to a first person viewpoint allowing accurate targeting of the Heavens Smiles in order to hit weak points or utilise the specific strategy required to defeat them. Once defeated the blood of some enemies is automatically collected for use in upgrading or healing your characters as well as unlocking special abilities. All the characters have attributes that can be upgraded. You can choose to focus on upgrading just one character or share-out the blood evenly. Each of your seven Killers have certain traits that make them suitable for getting by in certain situations such as lock picking breaking through a cracked wall.

Adding to the games uniqueness are the cel shaded, comic book style graphics. Each of the seven killers is well designed and some of the Heavens Smiles are a truly terrifying sight.

Some reviews have stated that controls can be a little fiddly, but since this is not meant to be a straight up first person shooter it is not a huge issue. In fact the only genuine criticism I can level at the game is that the pace can be a tad slow at times.

#6 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

The title's incredible atmospheric power is derived from how the presentation is conveyed through gameplay, and how the resulting simplicity helps strip the pacing down to a fine line.
  2. games(TM)
    Between gamers' potential lack of patience and the people needlessly dismissing the title after half an hour simply because it's 'trying too hard', many are going to miss out on one of the most unique and rewarding gaming experiences of the last few years. [Aug 2005, p.120]
  3. AceGamez
    It's eye-candy from start to finish - sometimes you forget you're playing a game and feel like you're controlling the outcome of a blockbuster film instead. The boss battles are some of the best I've experienced, the graphics are some of the best I've seen, the musical score will make every game I review after this one pale in comparison and the unique gameplay will be something that I miss when I finally have to put this gem down.