Killer7 GameCube

8.5

1. Oct 31, 2011
    if you like resident evil or action and puzzle solving adventures this is a must have......original and mad i LOVED this game
  2. DemonicAngel
    Jul 17, 2005
    Quite, quite extraordinary. This is a game that has polarized opinions among the critics. Some think it's utterly fantastic. Others think it's pretentious drivel. I am definitely on the "fantastic" side. In killer7, you play as Harman Smith, a legendary wheelchair-bound assassin who has the mysterious ability to change his physical form to that of one of 7 split personalities, Quite, quite extraordinary. This is a game that has polarized opinions among the critics. Some think it's utterly fantastic. Others think it's pretentious drivel. I am definitely on the "fantastic" side. In killer7, you play as Harman Smith, a legendary wheelchair-bound assassin who has the mysterious ability to change his physical form to that of one of 7 split personalities, each with their own style, personality (well, duh), weaponry, strengths and weaknesses. The game plays like a combination of rail shooter, first-person shooter, point-and-click adventure and RPG. None of the gameplay elements are especially innovative or original in themselves, but somehow the game becomes greater than the sum of its parts, thanks in no small part to a unique, arresting and utterly gorgeous visual style that draws inspiration from animé, comic books and film noir to create a downright bizarre atmosphere. If you've an open mind and are tired of clones and sequels, give killer7 a try. You might just be surprised. Expand
  3. [anonymous]
    Oct 26, 2008
    A game that is unlike any other, a psychological thriller with many layers of symbolism creating a story that is unmatched in many aspects. The gameplay is great, and also unique, combining on-rail shooting, puzzle-solving, and first-person shooting.
  4. Dreamerdude26
    Jul 7, 2005
    This game is one of the coolest games I've ever played. Some will hate it for the controls and others for how it looks but if you can go into this with an open mind you will experience something totally amazing. The only complaint I have is that the story is kind of confusing at the start until you actually get into it.
  5. MahebruH.
    Jul 11, 2005
    There is not much else to be said from what the critics and other users are saying: this is a love-it or hate-it game, and there's no way around that. I, for one, am completely enthralled by this game. Outstanding piece of work that ranges anywhere from "mildly fun" to "insanely fun", most of the time spent in the middle, but never falling below "mildly fun".
  6. Tony
    Jul 11, 2005
    This game feels so badass when you're shooting down the Heaven Smiles.
  7. JohnDeaux
    Jul 13, 2005
    The reviewers at the "fine" men's magazines must be a bunch of mouth-breathers. Killer7 challenges the idea of what a video game can do in the first place. It's a narrative, story-driven game, and the gameplay is in SERVICE to the story...so it makes perfect sense. Provocative, visceral, beautiful, absurd, Killer7 is a game for people who don't want to be merely spoon-fed The reviewers at the "fine" men's magazines must be a bunch of mouth-breathers. Killer7 challenges the idea of what a video game can do in the first place. It's a narrative, story-driven game, and the gameplay is in SERVICE to the story...so it makes perfect sense. Provocative, visceral, beautiful, absurd, Killer7 is a game for people who don't want to be merely spoon-fed an experience. Expand
  8. GrahamM
    Jul 13, 2005
    This is a very interesting game, and the first game in which cell shading actually works! Beware, though, this is love it or hate it territory!
  9. Onionhead
    Jul 15, 2005
    I am reminded of a time from before the consoles; a time when stories were told & storyworlds were created that bore the idiosyncratic marks of their creators. Yes, the mechanics of Killer 7 seem bizarre at first and much has been said on this subject. I really can't fault Suda 51 for some of the decisions that were made when the total experience so absorbing. Just brace yourself for I am reminded of a time from before the consoles; a time when stories were told & storyworlds were created that bore the idiosyncratic marks of their creators. Yes, the mechanics of Killer 7 seem bizarre at first and much has been said on this subject. I really can't fault Suda 51 for some of the decisions that were made when the total experience so absorbing. Just brace yourself for something a little fresh. Expand
  10. BenV.
    Jul 16, 2005
    Much better than you can imagine. Don't trust the critics with lower scores. They just don't have an open mind and are glued to games only made by EA.
  11. TrevoJ.
    Jul 16, 2005
    This is a very fun game if you enjoy a darker theme. Don
  12. KarlMarx
    Jul 17, 2005
    One for the hardcore only, hence Maxim & Stuff giving it the lowest scores. if you are hardcore then buy the Gamecube version as it controls better and has fewer loading times. An innovative title that hopefully will spawn superior sequels.
  13. BradM.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Completely fresh and invigorating! I have the Gamecube version and have to say if you're an anime fan you've got to get it. You feel like you're inside an adult anime environment with depth and story.Characters and Boss battles Rock. Go-Go C-A-P-C-O-M!!!
  14. DaveB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Very strange but very good game ! If you want to play something different and not always the mainstream crap, then this is your game. But beware, it`s definitely only for adults !
  15. RyanM.
    Aug 12, 2005
    This is a game that will not under any circumstance appeal to a normal gamer that plays Madden. Capcom, in an odd manuever, has limited its audience and created a game that is so sadistic and odd that you can;t help but atleast rent it. Killer 7 has a stranger storyline than Metal Gear Solid, and better graphics than Windwaker and Viewtiful Joe. The art style is so fantastically well done,This is a game that will not under any circumstance appeal to a normal gamer that plays Madden. Capcom, in an odd manuever, has limited its audience and created a game that is so sadistic and odd that you can;t help but atleast rent it. Killer 7 has a stranger storyline than Metal Gear Solid, and better graphics than Windwaker and Viewtiful Joe. The art style is so fantastically well done, that it deserves a good score on that premise alone. But the controls are so weird and different, that anyone normal gamer used to first person shooters that flood the market will be annoyed at having to change their normal patterns around. If you contain an open mind, and have a strange sense for the...strange, then Killer 7 may be that psychotic title that you have been awaiting. Graphics gorgeous, story insane and odd beyond comprehension, and gameplay so unique that this game justifies for an 8/10. Expand
  16. ScottS.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Brilliantly original. a breath of fresh air in todays over-crowded video game industry. the intriguing storyline keeps you playing till the very end. Keep up the good work Capcom.
  17. EmilieN.
    Sep 28, 2005
    i loved playing this game and i really really hope that the creators of killer 7 will make a prequel about what made the smiths come together!
  18. WillF.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Great game, hands down! the transferring from one character to another adds great differences in style and the heaven smile are very original. by the way Dakidski... the graphics were SUPPOSED to be like that.... but yea im 14 so... but yea a great game!
  19. Brandon
    Feb 10, 2006
    On the whole, I have to say this is a curiously compelling game. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but once I got the basics of the gameplay mechanics down I realized that the gameplay isn't terribly difficult; however, it seems that way initially because the story and plot elements and other bizarre characters and bits of information that are thrown at you are so On the whole, I have to say this is a curiously compelling game. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but once I got the basics of the gameplay mechanics down I realized that the gameplay isn't terribly difficult; however, it seems that way initially because the story and plot elements and other bizarre characters and bits of information that are thrown at you are so seemingly off the wall that the game seems more confusing gameplay wise than it ultimately turns out to be. Having just beaten it, I must say that I still have only a vague idea of what was actually going on and what some of the symbolism was. I think this is mainly a game for people with a taste for things that are a bit extreme and who are aching for a new and unique game to sink their teeth into. As I said, the core of the gameplay turns out to be fairly basic, but the game as a whole is so strange and inventive and cool looking that you can't help but admire the developers for having the courage to bring something like this to market. I hope that more developers will be willing to push the envelope like this rather than sticking to stale old formulas. The game isn't perfect by any means, but I'm glad I played it. Expand
  20. I.Lynch
    Mar 25, 2006
    great game. this is what i consider mature gaming, not GTA . challenging, stunning graphics and a smart if sometimes confusing story.
  21. JPK.
    Jul 7, 2006
    Truly a vision. A depressing, convoluted, morbid one, but a vision nonetheless. Note that the bad ratings above came from magazines that tend to be sold to dull men seeking... something less than intellectual stimulation. This is a unique game, inhabiting its own universe. I've finished it and been blown away, finished it twice more and read a 30-page essay on it, and still I'm Truly a vision. A depressing, convoluted, morbid one, but a vision nonetheless. Note that the bad ratings above came from magazines that tend to be sold to dull men seeking... something less than intellectual stimulation. This is a unique game, inhabiting its own universe. I've finished it and been blown away, finished it twice more and read a 30-page essay on it, and still I'm not close to comprehending all of it. Play if you want to think. Expand
  22. Syc
    Dec 28, 2006
    Killer 7 is quality art house gaming. Twisted, inventive and intellegent with brilliant art direction and a clever, somewhat confusing story but, it's not for everyone and is definitely a game that you're going to either love or hate. Well worth checking out though.
  23. KeetonJ.
    May 2, 2007
    Though the controls may sometimes (but not too often) frustrate, the stylish cel-shaded graphics and great story can keep most hooked on this game. There's also some great level design and cool varied enemies. It's also just too cool to dislike!
  24. HerbM
    Jul 10, 2008
    One of the best games for the Gamecube. Story:....it broke my brain slug. (To confusing, play through it more then once to get it completely) Gameplay: Essentially, run on a rail and shoot your gun. A bit simple/repetitive, but not overly complex. As a plus you can change through six of the characters at any given moment. Graphics: A bit odd, not like usual games. my Verdict: Nine out of One of the best games for the Gamecube. Story:....it broke my brain slug. (To confusing, play through it more then once to get it completely) Gameplay: Essentially, run on a rail and shoot your gun. A bit simple/repetitive, but not overly complex. As a plus you can change through six of the characters at any given moment. Graphics: A bit odd, not like usual games. my Verdict: Nine out of ten. The boss fights are very interesting, and the characters are awesomesauce. Especially Dan. "The Name's Andrei Ulmeyda!" Expand
  25. Feb 8, 2012
    Eerily original. I've played games my whole life and this may be the most unique game I've ever come across. At times it can be frustrating but it's just unlike anything else, I loved it.
  26. Apr 30, 2012
    This game is a great example of originality and I dare to say this game is ahead of its time not in the last generation but in this generation as well due to its unique design, mature storyline and for being a game that offers not only art but substance as well.
  27. Nov 16, 2012
    Well, this game isn't for all the publics... Its bizarre, gore, psycho, but I'm in love with it. Originally part of the Capcom Five for Gamecube. This is a action game, a survival horror. You can manage 8 alter egos with differents skills and skin. The version of Gamecube is better than the PS2 version.
  28. May 3, 2013
    What a game! For me, it's like a "Revolver" movie, if anyone watched. Surreal atmosphere, weird characters, interesting plot (with several layers), AWESOME visual style (close to both noir comic novels and some 80's anime) and, of course, music that suits the game ideally.

The title's incredible atmospheric power is derived from how the presentation is conveyed through gameplay, and how the resulting simplicity helps strip the pacing down to a fine line.
  2. Between gamers' potential lack of patience and the people needlessly dismissing the title after half an hour simply because it's 'trying too hard', many are going to miss out on one of the most unique and rewarding gaming experiences of the last few years. [Aug 2005, p.120]
  3. It's eye-candy from start to finish - sometimes you forget you're playing a game and feel like you're controlling the outcome of a blockbuster film instead. The boss battles are some of the best I've experienced, the graphics are some of the best I've seen, the musical score will make every game I review after this one pale in comparison and the unique gameplay will be something that I miss when I finally have to put this gem down.