Killer7 GameCube
8.6

1. May 3, 2013
    What a game! For me, it's like a "Revolver" movie, if anyone watched. Surreal atmosphere, weird characters, interesting plot (with several layers), AWESOME visual style (close to both noir comic novels and some 80's anime) and, of course, music that suits the game ideally.
  2. Mar 12, 2013
    Killer 7 follows the story of a group of assassins known as The Killer 7 as they try to put a stop to terrorist group Heavens Smiles. Unusually for a video game it is this story, as much as the gameplay, that will keep most players interested and it is a story that most players won't forget in a hurry.

The unique gameplay sees the player following a set path around the game world by
    pressing the A button to move forward and hitting B to turn around. At first this seems restricting but it is quickly forgotten about as the game still allows the player to decide which direction to take at junctions as well as whether or not to enter certain doors. Whilst exploring and trying to figure out the puzzles a manic laugh will hint that an enemy is nearby. Pulling out your weapon switches the player to a first person viewpoint allowing accurate targeting of the Heavens Smiles in order to hit weak points or utilise the specific strategy required to defeat them. Once defeated the blood of some enemies is automatically collected for use in upgrading or healing your characters as well as unlocking special abilities. All the characters have attributes that can be upgraded. You can choose to focus on upgrading just one character or share-out the blood evenly. Each of your seven Killers have certain traits that make them suitable for getting by in certain situations such as lock picking breaking through a cracked wall.

Adding to the games uniqueness are the cel shaded, comic book style graphics. Each of the seven killers is well designed and some of the Heavens Smiles are a truly terrifying sight.

Some reviews have stated that controls can be a little fiddly, but since this is not meant to be a straight up first person shooter it is not a huge issue. In fact the only genuine criticism I can level at the game is that the pace can be a tad slow at times.
  3. Nov 16, 2012
    Well, this game isn't for all the publics... Its bizarre, gore, psycho, but I'm in love with it. Originally part of the Capcom Five for Gamecube. This is a action game, a survival horror. You can manage 8 alter egos with differents skills and skin. The version of Gamecube is better than the PS2 version.
  4. May 28, 2012
    I liked this game very unique. Story wasn't as good as I hoped tho.
  5. Apr 30, 2012
    This game is a great example of originality and I dare to say this game is ahead of its time not in the last generation but in this generation as well due to its unique design, mature storyline and for being a game that offers not only art but substance as well.
  6. Feb 8, 2012
    Eerily original. I've played games my whole life and this may be the most unique game I've ever come across. At times it can be frustrating but it's just unlike anything else, I loved it.
  7. Oct 31, 2011
    if you like resident evil or action and puzzle solving adventures this is a must have......original and mad i LOVED this game

The title's incredible atmospheric power is derived from how the presentation is conveyed through gameplay, and how the resulting simplicity helps strip the pacing down to a fine line.
  2. Between gamers' potential lack of patience and the people needlessly dismissing the title after half an hour simply because it's 'trying too hard', many are going to miss out on one of the most unique and rewarding gaming experiences of the last few years. [Aug 2005, p.120]
  3. It's eye-candy from start to finish - sometimes you forget you're playing a game and feel like you're controlling the outcome of a blockbuster film instead. The boss battles are some of the best I've experienced, the graphics are some of the best I've seen, the musical score will make every game I review after this one pale in comparison and the unique gameplay will be something that I miss when I finally have to put this gem down.