8.6

1. LuigiJ.
    Jun 2, 2002
    I really don't see what's so cool about some guy in green tights with a vacuum strapped to his back.
    Jan 4, 2002
    This game is a blast! It might not be best suited for hard core game players, but if you just want to see Luigi and Mario and have a little fun while doing so, don't miss it!
  3. JohnP.
    Jul 5, 2005
    The best GameCube game I have ever played.
  4. BruceC.
    Mar 8, 2002
    Beautiful graphics, but average gameplay and an awkward control scheme.
  5. BennyF.
    Apr 4, 2002
    Hardly played but it's GREAT!
  6. NiJones
    Apr 20, 2003
    The graphics were nice and smooth and it's great seeing Luigi finally staring in a game other than Mario's Missing for the SNES. I think that although not very long or that difficult, it is FAR from a rubbish game! The handling is quite smooth, after you learn how to control Luigi there isn't much problem. It's a very comical game overall and you can pick what your The graphics were nice and smooth and it's great seeing Luigi finally staring in a game other than Mario's Missing for the SNES. I think that although not very long or that difficult, it is FAR from a rubbish game! The handling is quite smooth, after you learn how to control Luigi there isn't much problem. It's a very comical game overall and you can pick what your favourite ghosts are. As an opening game it for me was fun to play and a bit of a laugh. It's suitable more for those who don't want blood fests, and as far as ghost horror games go, you don't usually get that - this is why it is original. Can you say that you've played another game where you attack ghosts with a hoover?! Expand
  7. D.C.
    Apr 3, 2003
    Ups: Great graphics, doll-house environments, simple fun Downs: Too mild for an adult game and too complex (capturing ghosts...) for a child. I got this for Christmas, and like it, but I didn't have to pay for it, and that's key.
  8. RyanM.
    Jun 1, 2004
    This game is absolute sh.t.
  9. AndyB.
    Nov 29, 2001
    This game is getting a bad rap. I had TONS of fun playing it. All my friends like it TOO!
  10. ClaudioP.
    Dec 7, 2001
    The game might be short but its a great game to have on your gamecube game list.
  11. AnthonyV.
    Sep 21, 2003
    Its a very fun game. even though its kinda short you got to give the game some credit its the first game for luigi to star on his own.im so happy for luigi :) even though i like mario more i noticed that luigi never had the spotlight but now he has his very own game :) good job luigi Mario and Luigi forever
  12. PaulW
    Nov 16, 2008
    Luigi's Mansion remained one of the best demonstrations of the Cube's fire, lighting and water effects- in fact only the Resident Evil remake rivalled it in that respect. It's essentially Luigi being a 'Ghostbuster' in an old Resident Evil-type mansion, all in a cartoon style. The animations are charming, the game has lots of atmosphere, it achieves what it Luigi's Mansion remained one of the best demonstrations of the Cube's fire, lighting and water effects- in fact only the Resident Evil remake rivalled it in that respect. It's essentially Luigi being a 'Ghostbuster' in an old Resident Evil-type mansion, all in a cartoon style. The animations are charming, the game has lots of atmosphere, it achieves what it clearly sets out to do and, in that respect, it's superior to Super Mario Sunshine and The Wind Waker to me. It also seems to have been more successful than Rare's similar in some respects 'Grabbed by the ghoulies', which is also a charming looking game. Expand
  13. Melody
    Jan 30, 2008
    It's a very nice mansion. I just feel sorry for the ghosts that have got captured. I love the things about the mansion. The mansion is big and I love it! I wish they do a second game of it.
  14. v0lrath
    Aug 25, 2002
    Simply put: this game sucks. It is tedious, repetitive, and quite possibly the worst game I've ever played.
  15. MikeH.
    Jul 28, 2007
    I truly enjoy this game. Its one of the best on the gamecube, in my opinion.
  16. DivineStorm
    Jul 11, 2008
    This was one of the games I really enjoyed. It has nice graphics, sound and gameplay. Unfortunately, It doesn't last very long with its low replayabilty and the game is very short. However, I can still recommend the game to those who like adventure games and mario fans will probably going to love this one.
  17. d8uv
    Dec 14, 2001
    Fun game, but has absolutley NO replayability.
  18. DaveB.
    Nov 18, 2003
    It's good, but only for the real young players.
  19. Apr 16, 2012
    Luigi's Mansion is a fun but forgettable game about catching ghosts with a vacuum cleaner. The game has tons of charm but has some faults such as unbalanced difficulty, imprecise controls and an unusual turning circle. It is hilarious to see Luigi getting money for dry humping cabinets, though.... "Nnngg, Nnngg".
  20. Jan 8, 2011
    Great fun! Despite only having six hours of gameplay, unlike other games, you never get bored towards the end. Nintendo have finally used Luigi without Mario hobbling beside him like he always does. Highly Recomended!
  21. Jun 16, 2013
    One of the GameCube’s earliest titles found Luigi hunting through Haunted houses in search of his lost brother Mario using a vacuum like device to trap any ghosts that should happen to get in the way. The gameplay could be a bit repetitive and one note but was for the most part still fairly fun. Add in a little of the usual Nintendo humour and you had a pretty decent launch title.
  22. Jun 1, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games on the Gamecube, the three reviews that say it is absolute **** are really just absolute **** This game has one of the best environments and has wonderful graphics (for the time it was made). Every room is filled with detail and there's plenty of secrets and enemies to keep you entertained. All of the bosses and even the regular ghosts have so muchThis is one of the greatest games on the Gamecube, the three reviews that say it is absolute **** are really just absolute **** This game has one of the best environments and has wonderful graphics (for the time it was made). Every room is filled with detail and there's plenty of secrets and enemies to keep you entertained. All of the bosses and even the regular ghosts have so much character and attitude, and every boss has something unique about him and is exactly the type of person you'd expect to be living in a mansion like this (even if they're not technically living!). There are so many secrets and optional 'quests' to keep you looking all the time. The only cons for this game is that it is actually quite short, and it isn't 100% re-playable (although I have come back to it many times) also it is rather easy. Another con that I can think of is that it's 10 years old, and still no sequel! Expand
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first luigi's mansion, I think you'll like this even more. Luigi is hilarious, the music is great, the environments are lots of fun, and the gameplay strikes a good balance between not changing it too much while adding a fresh new feel. They did change the game up a bit to be more "mission" oriented which is to help it work better for portable play. Rest assured, youIf you enjoyed the first luigi's mansion, I think you'll like this even more. Luigi is hilarious, the music is great, the environments are lots of fun, and the gameplay strikes a good balance between not changing it too much while adding a fresh new feel. They did change the game up a bit to be more "mission" oriented which is to help it work better for portable play. Rest assured, you can still explore the mansions and there are plenty of hidden secrets to hunt for. The multiplayer is a lot of fun if you play with friends either online or locally (IT HAS DOWNLOAD PLAY!! Yes!!!) I had some trouble going online playing against people worldwide, I'm not really sure why Point lost on that one though. The game doesn't have much replayability, but I wasn't really expecting it from this type of game. I've got other games to play and things to do, I just wanted a nice fun experience which is exactly what I got! Expand
  24. Jun 15, 2011
    Well this game is fanastic! The first time I played it was when my Dad brought it home from his game whiz friend,Well I played on thinking well whats the point of this game? But then when I new what the point was it was one of the most fun games ive ever played! And can't wait for the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS although I dont even have one..;(
  25. Sep 10, 2011
    Though most people have considered this a lame and boring game and the black sheep of any of the mario games, but I would say this is one of the best mario games
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    The gameplay is fun and engaging, but it is fairly short and has little replayability. The graphics are beautiful. It is an overall great game and it is Luigi's best moment.
  27. Oct 31, 2015
    Game: Luigi's Mansion
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo System: Gamecube (GCN) Total Score: 81/100 Value Score: 8.1/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 5/10 • Replay Value: 5/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Unique gameplay featuring horror and comedy themes to the storyline makes this a
    Game: Luigi's Mansion

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 5/10
    • Replay Value: 5/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Unique gameplay featuring horror and comedy themes to the storyline makes this a fanastic new experience for old and new players of the Mario franchise.
    +New characters bring a new atmosphere to the Mario series - new additions such as Professor Gadd and the ghosts have a backstory which will keep players interested as they venture through the game
    +Sound effects bring a new experience as if you are playing a horror game.
    +There are a lot of cameo and easter eggs for some of the items, music, etc players encounter/experience.

Cons
    -Game is really short - it would take players at least 6-8 hours to complete the game to its fullest
    -Camera control is non-existent and due to that players could possibly make small mistakes during the gameplay due to the lack of camera controls/aiming issues.
    -Although there are remixes of older Mario songs and of the Luigi's Mansion main theme - the OST is not as varied as previous Mario/Nintendo games.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    This was supposed to be the launch title for the NGC. Thats just sad Nintendo. This game is boring and confusing. I cant past the first level because I cant figure out where to go.
  29. Nov 25, 2012
    This was a great departure from the normal Mario games. It features the same personality and charm that you get from the normally from the Mario based games, but adds a new element with the whole ghost thing.

This game is a fresh addition even to this day to the whole Mario series. It's a game that's a lot of fun to play, despite being a major departure in many ways from the rest of the series. Anyone who wants to play something that's within the series, but still something different would be advised to give this game a shot.
  30. Mar 15, 2013
    A totally charming game that really tries to do something different. Generally very easy, with one or two extreme difficulty spikes. Aside from it's charm it does get a tad repetitive and doesn't really have to much variety in its activities. Overall: A pretty decent game that is fun to play, but don't expect anything to grand from it either.

#2 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2001
#2 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2001

1. GMR Magazine
    Like getting socks for Christmas, it's good and comfortable, but not what we wanted. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  2. A competent, atmospheric adventure and truly a new direction for the characters, but at this length it simply isn’t worth the £35, let alone the cost of the console.
  3. Potential tension is sorely lacking. However, the challengingly physical and rewarding nature of the actual ghost-catching sequences does go a way to make up for this.