8.4

1. Jun 1, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games on the Gamecube, the three reviews that say it is absolute **** are really just absolute **** This game has one of the best environments and has wonderful graphics (for the time it was made). Every room is filled with detail and there's plenty of secrets and enemies to keep you entertained. All of the bosses and even the regular ghosts have so much character and attitude, and every boss has something unique about him and is exactly the type of person you'd expect to be living in a mansion like this (even if they're not technically living!). There are so many secrets and optional 'quests' to keep you looking all the time. The only cons for this game is that it is actually quite short, and it isn't 100% re-playable (although I have come back to it many times) also it is rather easy. Another con that I can think of is that it's 10 years old, and still no sequel! Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first luigi's mansion, I think you'll like this even more. Luigi is hilarious, the music is great, the environments are lots of fun, and the gameplay strikes a good balance between not changing it too much while adding a fresh new feel. They did change the game up a bit to be more "mission" oriented which is to help it work better for portable play. Rest assured, you can still explore the mansions and there are plenty of hidden secrets to hunt for. The multiplayer is a lot of fun if you play with friends either online or locally (IT HAS DOWNLOAD PLAY!! Yes!!!) I had some trouble going online playing against people worldwide, I'm not really sure why Point lost on that one though. The game doesn't have much replayability, but I wasn't really expecting it from this type of game. I've got other games to play and things to do, I just wanted a nice fun experience which is exactly what I got! Collapse
  3. Jun 15, 2011
    Well this game is fanastic! The first time I played it was when my Dad brought it home from his game whiz friend,Well I played on thinking well whats the point of this game? But then when I new what the point was it was one of the most fun games ive ever played! And can't wait for the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS although I dont even have one..;(
  4. Sep 10, 2011
    Though most people have considered this a lame and boring game and the black sheep of any of the mario games, but I would say this is one of the best mario games
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is a true classic. I have beat this game at least 7 times and it just seems to never get old. Even with today's consoles this games graphics still look great. The whole concept is just incredible. I highly recommend this game.
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    DRY BOWSER WAS RECENTLY FOUND IN LUIGI"S MANSION!!!! (This tells you how to fight him)

Dry Bowser was recently discovered in Luigi's Mansion. You have to have 6 coins, 6 dollars, and 6 gold bars and also this can only be done in the Hidden Mansion. There is a low chance of it happening, but if you want a higher percent chance for it to happen, then you have to beat the game 6 times on
    each files. If you get it to work, after you beat Bowser and King Boo it shows a close up on Mario and he is still banging on the glass as if you didn't defeat King Boo. The lights go out and it shows Luigi's Poltergeist 3000 releases King Boo again and he going into the celling. When he does this you will see a picture of Dry Bowser on the celling on the room. Luigi will get sucked into the painting. you battle of the roof again, but the background is blue fire instead of red fire, and it is the same cut scene when you fight bowser, except it is Dry Bowser. King Boo has 1000 HP instead of 500 HP. When the fight is over, you will get 2 extra gold diamonds (The gold diamonds are Dry Bowser's eyes). After you exit the painting, the ending of the game will still happen normally and you get a picture of Dry Bowser and King Boo instead of Bowser and King Boo. Good luck trying to find Dry Bowser.

I will be posting picture of the boss fight very soon. Probably 10-31-13 or 12-25-13. I haven't chosen a date yet. It is going to be one of those dates. And the place where I am going to release it has not been chosen yet. And if the pictures get enough publicity, then I will post my video of me fighting Dry Bowser. The boss fight is pretty hard (a lot harder than the regular boss fight). It is actually very hidden. From what I know, it can't be found when digging through the game's data. I will be posting more info about the boss fight throughout the year.
  7. Dec 1, 2010
    It's a really fun game, really unique, BUT controlls are kind of confusing and somethings are too unclear. It's still an amazing. I highly suggest you get it.
  8. Jan 8, 2011
    Great fun! Despite only having six hours of gameplay, unlike other games, you never get bored towards the end. Nintendo have finally used Luigi without Mario hobbling beside him like he always does. Highly Recomended!
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    If I put one game under the unique-genera, it would be Luigi's Mansion. This game offers a different environment and gives an alternate twist rather than jumping on goombas. The story is short and for a fast-paced gamer can take less than 3&1/2 hours to complete. The design is enlivening and can be very inspiring. The game itself is a charm. Wile some might call this boring, I say it is a charming, animated adventure. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    The gameplay is fun and engaging, but it is fairly short and has little replayability. The graphics are beautiful. It is an overall great game and it is Luigi's best moment.
  11. Nov 25, 2012
    This was a great departure from the normal Mario games. It features the same personality and charm that you get from the normally from the Mario based games, but adds a new element with the whole ghost thing.

This game is a fresh addition even to this day to the whole Mario series. It's a game that's a lot of fun to play, despite being a major departure in many ways from the rest of the
    series. Anyone who wants to play something that's within the series, but still something different would be advised to give this game a shot. Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2013
    Despite having a short playtime, Luigi's Mansion manages to cram in something that few games can achieve, maintaining entertaining gameplay and presenting us a lovable adventure for the timid Luigi.
  13. May 3, 2013
    Luigi's first game and one of the creepiest games I've played (without the horror aspect), Luigi's Mansion, is one of those little gems people often overlook when it comes out. Fortunately people see the game's incredible impact now and frankly so do I. This time the guys at Ninty I guess watched Ghostbusters one too many times because this game just simply screams that movie. Luigi wins a mansion from a contest that he never entered and asks Mario to meet him there to see it. Luigi arrives at the location (which is conveniently in the perfect horror setting) and finds the creepy house staring at him in the face. Luigi decides to check the place out, but can't find Mario. Suddenly in the midst of this EXTREMELY dark place, ghosts attack him. Fortunately Luigi is sort of saved by an odd old man named Prof. E. Gadd. They both escape the overwhelming onslaught of spirits and retreat to E. Gadd's nearby lab. Luigi tells him about his predicament and asks him if he had seen his brother. E. Gadd remembers seeing someone in red enter the spooky place (undoubtedly Mario) and agrees to help Luigi find his brother and his missing ghost paintings that had escaped since the mansion appeared (thats right the mansion appeared out of nowhere right next to his house). In this game Luigi uses the only arsenal capable of defending against ghosts. A vacuum cleaner, flashlight, and cool looking Gameboy (dubbed Gameboy Horror) to hold data, a map, and find hidden items. The device to capture ghosts is the infamous Poltergeist 3000, which E. Gadd had apparently been using to catch the spirits all those years before. Luigi can catch ghosts by flashing them into shock, which then leaves them open to be vacuumed. The ghosts all have health though, and special boss ghosts especially have an enormous amount. The key is to explore all 4 sections of the vast mansion, while looking for clues on Mario's whereabouts. Eventually you meet Boos in the game, which begins a huge hunt for them while you progress in the game. Soon you find out that Mario is trapped in a painting by these fiends and you must catch them all to make it to him. The leader of this army of ghouls is none other than King Boo himself. This game is really fun, but what makes it so distinct is the concept. Ghost hunting is a very lightly touched genre in gaming and surprisingly it's a perfect fit for Luigi's cowardly, but reluctantly persevering persona as he desperately fights not only the many ghosts in the mansion, but his own fear to save his older brother. The atmosphere is scary for a Nintendo game. The dark portions of the Mansion bring on a very grumpy tune that I'm sure everyone remembers and it's unsettling, but charming to see Luigi hum it along to keep himself calm. The difficulty is pretty tough, especially during the black out scene. Overall though the game provides lots of entertainment but is kind of short. The sequel would fix this, but the game does not suffer much for its length. Collecting money really makes you a money grubber and gems are hard to get, but reward you in the long run. I would give this game a spin if your interested. It's really an underrated classice. Expand
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Very underrated. It's not long or difficult, but it's very entertaining and charming with deceptive replay value. In attempting to create what amounts to little more than a graphical showcase as a launch title for Gamecube, Nintendo inadvertently made a quirky little title that deserves a place in any Gamecube library and that is one of my fondest adolescent Gamecube memories.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    Luigi's mansion is a must have Gamecube title. It's enough to buy a Gamecube just for this game, but if you have a Gamecube or wii (which plays Gamecube games) then you need this game. This game is the perfect blend of spooky and cartoony. It doesn't attempt to be a scary horror, but it doesn't attempt to be a happy game like other Mario (or should i say Luigi) games.
  16. Jun 16, 2013
    One of the GameCube’s earliest titles found Luigi hunting through Haunted houses in search of his lost brother Mario using a vacuum like device to trap any ghosts that should happen to get in the way. The gameplay could be a bit repetitive and one note but was for the most part still fairly fun. Add in a little of the usual Nintendo humour and you had a pretty decent launch title.
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    A totally charming game that really tries to do something different. Generally very easy, with one or two extreme difficulty spikes. Aside from it's charm it does get a tad repetitive and doesn't really have to much variety in its activities. Overall: A pretty decent game that is fun to play, but don't expect anything to grand from it either.
  18. Apr 16, 2012
    Luigi's Mansion is a fun but forgettable game about catching ghosts with a vacuum cleaner. The game has tons of charm but has some faults such as unbalanced difficulty, imprecise controls and an unusual turning circle. It is hilarious to see Luigi getting money for dry humping cabinets, though.... "Nnngg, Nnngg".
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    This was supposed to be the launch title for the NGC. Thats just sad Nintendo. This game is boring and confusing. I cant past the first level because I cant figure out where to go.
  20. Mar 27, 2013

1. Like getting socks for Christmas, it's good and comfortable, but not what we wanted. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  2. A competent, atmospheric adventure and truly a new direction for the characters, but at this length it simply isn’t worth the £35, let alone the cost of the console.
  3. Potential tension is sorely lacking. However, the challengingly physical and rewarding nature of the actual ghost-catching sequences does go a way to make up for this.