8.5

1. RichG.
    Sep 15, 2005
    Madden 06 is a total joke and still proof that ea/Tiburon is more interested in successful marketing and shareholder profits than making a game worth playing.This years version is horrible and should be sued on a class action basis for causing such mental anguish.Need examples;no need to worry I have plenty of them :Like Alex Smith being able to run down from behind All Pro cornerbacks Madden 06 is a total joke and still proof that ea/Tiburon is more interested in successful marketing and shareholder profits than making a game worth playing.This years version is horrible and should be sued on a class action basis for causing such mental anguish.Need examples;no need to worry I have plenty of them :Like Alex Smith being able to run down from behind All Pro cornerbacks (no angle at all)and force fumbles to seal bogus victories for online opponents,how about Billy Cundiff shanking straight forward 38 yard feildgoals from the very center of the field with 100 percent accuracy and 97 power in a dome no less against the cpu(while playing Atlanta) after the opponent quit the game just to give the cpu another chance at a last second victory.How about certain players with lesser abilities making great clutch plays while others with much greater abilities dropping balls or fumbles when the A.I.feels the need to assist a playoff team or a team from California.Why is it that all a rookie need do is pick a 3-4 cover 3 zone package and put 8 in the box.Blitz the fastest linebacker or linebackers and your screwed.Iv'e been playing Madden for 16 long years and this is the worst version ever.MY tag name is Sutherndevil I was consistently in and out of the top 100 last year playing with the lowly Saints and didnt use glitches etc.to get there unless someone glitched me first and continued to do so.Yeah all the new "bells and whistles are neato torpedo" but the player attributes are a complete disreguard for reality and the computer A.I. totally disgusts me. Absolutely positively a reason to sue or turn them into the Better Business Bureau for such a poorly made game.People everywhere deserve theyre money back. Expand

1. Recent releases have seen plenty of tweaks, but they merely nudged the gameplay. This year's implementation of a quarterback's cone of vision really changes things by rethinking the foundations of passing the ball.
    Once again, EA and Madden manage to do the impossible: They made us fall head-over-cleats in love with this frigging game all over again.
  3. Madden NFL 06 is still an outstanding game, but EA needs to re-think the reality and practicality of its Superstar mode, and it has plenty of work to do to make QB Vision both effective and enjoyable.