Mario Party 4 GameCube

1. NiJones
    Apr 20, 2003
    It's a nice piece of gaming. Unfortunately some of the games are a little tedious. I've been given booksquirm TOO many times on single player games...*dies* The boards are really good fun though and the basement games are really silly and better than most of the N64 version games. People are too critical giving a game like this 0!
  2. SolomonR.
    Oct 4, 2007
    It's not a bad game but doing story mode with all the characters can take very very long, mario party 2 was maybe a better game than this.
  3. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 2, 2002
    I believe the game could have been a lot better with just a few changes. But as it is, I'm still happy I picked it up.
  4. BrendanO.
    Mar 24, 2006
    It's not too bad..quite fun..but I'd definitely say that that Mario Party 2 on the N64 is by far the best!
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    A great family game! Me and my cousins used to always play this together! I just wish it wasn't so boring when playing alone....the mini games were mediocre and the board games could have been longer...
  6. May 22, 2012
    After 3 games, is getting old. Feels boring because of the lack of new game mechanics. One thing sure: if you play with friends, is still very funny. The main problems are the reduced number of mini games (maybe around 70) and the reduced number of playing zones.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    This is the point in the Mario Party games started getting repetitive. After Mario Party 4, they just all began to get worse and worse. This is the last great Mario Party, however it's not as good as the ones on the N64.

#12 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

1. The mini-games have different faces but they play ostensibly the same, and even with the visuals buffed to a sparkle the overall effect is very much ‘more of the same’.
  2. Does exactly what it sets out to do, and as such it comes highly recommended to anyone with more than one controller to their name.
  3. Nintendo Power
    The minigames are just as goofy as ever, with only one or two clunkers amid dozens of fun challenges. [Nov 2002, p.218]