Mario Party 7 GameCube

7.9

1. JackH
    May 24, 2008
    Unfortunately, this is a sad repeat of a tiresome series. It probably would have been best if Nintendo had stopped with the third Mario Party. But as long as there are new gamers, there will be a new Mario Party, so there will probably be more Mario Party games than Super Bowls by 2030. You know, I'm not even sure why I bought this game in the first place. Why did I expect there to Unfortunately, this is a sad repeat of a tiresome series. It probably would have been best if Nintendo had stopped with the third Mario Party. But as long as there are new gamers, there will be a new Mario Party, so there will probably be more Mario Party games than Super Bowls by 2030. You know, I'm not even sure why I bought this game in the first place. Why did I expect there to be anything new or interesting about this version? This is truly Mario's low point. Even Mario himself would be baffled as to why there are 7 (SEVEN!!!) games in this series. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo, but I think that they need to put an end to this. To those who gave this game a 10, this is your first Mario Party game, isn't it? I for one know that this game is a repeat of an OK game. Even back when I actually liked this series (Mario Party 4), I most certainly would not have given it a 10. An 8, maybe, but not a 10. What's wrong with you all? This whole game is based on LUCK. Basically, that means that the single player is pointless. The only reason to play this game is for the mini games, and 1) you need to play single player to even get the mini games, and 2) not even half of the mini games are any good anyway. The only reason that I would bring out Mario Party 7 now is if I were desperate to entertain company, and I have much better games for that. That is, unless I have an ignorant 4 year old over, which has like a 1 in 1,999,999,999 chance of happening. Plus, what makes this game worse is that there is no final boss battle! The boss battle against Bowser in Mario Party 4 was awesome. It took me a while to finally beat that guy on his evil cube of death. Heck, even Mario Party 5 wasn't that bad. 6 and 7 have been awful, though, and they make me have nightmares at night about a possible Mario Party 50. Man, that gives me the shivers. Expand

#14 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005

1. The seventh iteration crams even more mini-games than you care to count, but sadly shies away from offering something truly innovative for loyal Mario fans.
  2. AceGamez
    Mario Party 7 probably is the best game overall in the franchise to date; however, even with that being the case it simply doesn't do enough new to warrant a definitive purchase.
  3. Basically Mario Party 6, but with less fun and [fewer] new ideas.