Mario Superstar Baseball GameCube

8.6

1. MattP
    Aug 26, 2005
    Very good game in my opinion. Fielding and baserunning are terrible though. Doesn't much depth but if you don't care about that stuff, buy it.
  2. BernieT
    Aug 30, 2005
    Passable, but with little to no depth. Nowhere near as good as Mario Golf was at adding Nintendo fun to an existing pastime.
  3. JasonR.
    Sep 22, 2005
    It is a fun game but needs 4 player exhibition matches.
  4. AaronB.
    Sep 9, 2005
    Can't believe this is a Nintendo game.
  5. Kenny
    Jan 3, 2006
    Wow, when i picked this up i thought it would be good but i didnt know it was gonna be THAT good. If you're looking for a hardcore nintendo type baseball game then you need to go someplace else, but if you're looking for just plain ol fun..this is the game to have. Lot ofs mini games keeps me coming back after completing the Challenge mode. Just another great addition to the Wow, when i picked this up i thought it would be good but i didnt know it was gonna be THAT good. If you're looking for a hardcore nintendo type baseball game then you need to go someplace else, but if you're looking for just plain ol fun..this is the game to have. Lot ofs mini games keeps me coming back after completing the Challenge mode. Just another great addition to the Nintendo line-up. Expand
  6. SarinaV.
    Sep 30, 2006
    I think this game is just excellent! I love it and I can't stop playing it! I will not stop! Good job, Mario designer, guys by designing this awsome new baseball game!
  7. MikeG.
    Nov 10, 2005
    This installment in Nintendo's campain to have Mario play every sport in existence is actually pretty good. Hitting takes some degree of skill, and fielding is fun when your doing it :) That is, its way too easy to hit fly balls, so expect to be extremely frustrated at times. Power hits are a nice addition to the game, and not nearly as annoying as they were in Mario Power Tennis. This installment in Nintendo's campain to have Mario play every sport in existence is actually pretty good. Hitting takes some degree of skill, and fielding is fun when your doing it :) That is, its way too easy to hit fly balls, so expect to be extremely frustrated at times. Power hits are a nice addition to the game, and not nearly as annoying as they were in Mario Power Tennis. Overall, this is by far the most difficult game in the "Mario Sports" series, but also extremely fun most of the time. Now when is "Mario Water Polo" coming out? Collapse
  8. BenF.
    Sep 1, 2005
    It's a real challenge but a lot of fun
  9. BaustinB.
    Jan 18, 2006
    This game is great for anybody who likes sports games or mario games.
  10. DavidO.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Fun game so far. Lots of minigames and the characters' strengths makes it even more interesting.
  11. CobraJ.
    Jun 15, 2007
    The best part of the game is really Toy Field, and the CPUs are cheap in that mode. Mini-games suck. Superstar status is IMPOSSIBLE to get for some characters (especially when those slow characters have to "Steal a Base!").
  12. HenryR.
    Dec 27, 2005
    Really good batting and pitching. Baserunning and Fielding was a little difficult at first, but I'm a pretty good gamer so it might not be so easy for you.
  13. Nov 7, 2011
    Mario makes any sport better, even baseball. It has enough challenge for experienced gamers, yet can be easy for beginners. The story mode is alright but it could have been better.
  14. Jan 19, 2013
    Offering pure fun for Mario and baseball fans alike, Mario Superstar Baseball gives players a twist on America's greatest pastime that keeps them coming back.
  15. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the ok mario games on gamecube
    this game has fun features and challenge on it
    one thing that wish game had was use for wii support as i think that be better fit for the game then on gamecube
  16. Jun 10, 2015
    THIS is a good game! I know it sounds ridicious, but this is one of the best looking games on the gamecube. Everything is really nice. I wish there were a few more options as far as pitching (change up and fastball? really?) but this is so damn fun. That said, I've mainly heard bad things about the wii one. Be cautious about its would-be sequel.

1. Sick of the MLB? Let the legendary plumber take your troubles away with this challenging baseball title, complete with the good-old Nintendo charm.
  2. The game contains all the elements to expect from a Ninty sport title; colourful graphics, classic Nintendo tunes and characters, addictive gameplay and simple fun.
  3. The controls and performance are too unreliable for non-baseball fans to make this a hit a la Mario Kart, and true fans just won't be satisfied by the troublesome fielding.