Mega Man Network Transmission GameCube

• Release Date: Jun 17, 2003
7.6

1. GioD
    Mar 3, 2008
    This was, in my opinion, such a fantastic and perfect blend of old school side scrolling MegaMan with the Battle Network system. Arika couldnt have given me a better MegaMan game. Network Transmission updates EVERYTHING about classic MegaMan, great side scrolling levels, great cel shaded graphics, fun weapon chips to use, and one of the best music soundtracks of ANY MegaMan game (thier This was, in my opinion, such a fantastic and perfect blend of old school side scrolling MegaMan with the Battle Network system. Arika couldnt have given me a better MegaMan game. Network Transmission updates EVERYTHING about classic MegaMan, great side scrolling levels, great cel shaded graphics, fun weapon chips to use, and one of the best music soundtracks of ANY MegaMan game (thier insanely catchy). A good word to the wise though, the game is EXTREMELY HARD, probably the hardest MegaMan game to have come out in the entire MegaMan series ( yes even the X series). But overall i enjoyed the game tremendously from beginning to end. My 3rd favorite MegaMan game ever, which is only next to MegaMan 8 and MegaMan X Collapse
  2. MatthewD
    Jan 16, 2010
    Although somewhat frustrating in the beginning, if you can stick with it past Gutsman, you will find an amazing blend of 2D platforming with the psuedo-turn-based-RPG elements from the Battle Network series. I just wish they had used the English dub voices from the anime instead of sticking with the Japanese voices that I can't understand.
  3. MegaManFanX
    Dec 1, 2007
    It's rare to see a game of this magnitude. Combining the original NES style with Battle Network's strategy makes for amazing game play. Naysayers be damned, this game is a speck of gold in GAmecube titles. My favorte thing? The soundtrack. It's still awesome to Air-guitar Gravityman.exe's stage.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Loved it. It's a very good blend of traditional 2D megaman with RPG style elements. In terms of difficulty, it was just right. punishing some times, but nothing "Nintendo hard". More bosses and Chips would have been nice. Definitely recommended!
  5. Jul 21, 2016
    Its good but still flawed. Don't get me wrong this game is great but doesn't mean this amazing game doesn't have any mistakes. Don't listen to the bad reviews please don't.

#51 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003

1. GMR Magazine
    With a less-frustrating difficulty level, revamped weapons system, and a graphical look that wasn't so...dull, Transmission could have been very good. [June 2003, p.72]
  2. There's a bit more up and down, certainly, but all that really distinguishes it is the sharp, cartoony look, smooth framerate (even if we couldn't find a 60Hz option) and web-like interface for loading each level.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Something of a departure, sure, but it's nothing new. Falling awkwardly between action and strategy, it's unlikely to satisfy anyone other than rabidly obsessive fans of the character.