9.2

1. Feb 12, 2011
    Positives
    - Graphics: The graphics in metroid prime are not only top notch for the gamecube, but top notch for any 6th generation home console.
    - Gameplay: Metroid Prime immerses you into a large 3D environment for exploration and puzzle solving. The game is played at a first person perspective, but it isn't a first person shooter, it is more in the vein of first person adventure game.
    The boss battles are excellently executed, and there is a ton of information to collect throughout the game, via scan logs and upgrades.
    - Sound: Metroid prime presents an alienlike sound track that perfectly fits the mood of the game.

- Controls: The controls in Metroid Prime work over all very well throughout the game. The lack of manual aiming without the R buttons is solved via the use of the lock on feature. Negatives
    -Replay Value: One might not be compelled to play this prolonged adventure again, although if they do they will realize just how excellent the game was when they'd played it the first time. There is also alot of backtracking in the game, but this is usually for the access of new areas and upgrades.

2. Oct 16, 2012
    One of the best games on Gamecube. Metroid Prime is not really a FPS, since you can lock enemies, but it doesn't matter. There is a full world to explore, with a good mix shooting, plaforming and puzzle solving. Every equipement you find will make you more powerful, giving a great feeling. Story is delivered through reading computers which can be boring at times though.
  3. Jun 1, 2011
    Metroid Prime is not to be compared to games like Halo. While both feature armor clad heroes in space, the game play of both are completely different. MP is a single player First Person Adventure game. You investigate a distress call and soon find yourself alone on a hostile planet trying to unravel the mysterious of the planet while exploring every nook and cranny for secrets, and boy are there lots. There might be only half a dozen short cinematics, the rest is told through journal entries from Space Pirates (tuuubes!), Chozo artifacts and your computer scanner. You can nearly scan everything in the game finding out facts about nearly every speck of life on the planet while the beautiful effects and music add to the ambiance of the world. It is one of my favorite games for the GameCube and one of the best games of the decade. 10/10. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  5. May 28, 2011
    Let me start by saying that Super Metroid is my favourite game ever, Metroid Prime not only does an amazing job of transferring the Super Metroid experience - shooting, exploration, puzzle-solving, isolation, atmosphere, and even platforming (!) - to 3D and to a first-person perspective, it also expands wonderfully on Super Metroid series and the action-adventure genre as a whole. The first-person perspective and amazing graphical detail only enhances that famous Metroid atmosphere and, arguably, the fun of exploring an alien world reached a new peak here. Expand
  6. Oct 5, 2012
    I didn't like the scanning in Prime, even though you didn't have to do it, I don't like the idea that in order to get 100% you have to scan every stupid thing in the game. The enemy AI was extremely **** They missed like crazy, and generally as long as you continued moving they won't hit you. And if they DO manage to hit you, oh well, they still have to hit you about 400 more times to kill you. The game was just way too easy. The controls were absurd compared to other FPS games of the time. The exploration wasn't real. They would set up a few little platforms and maybe a grappling point, and all you need to do is traverse the room. Terms like "exploration" and "puzzles" imply that you need to look around and figure out what to do for yourself. Instantly seeing what you need to do and simply carrying it out is not exploration. The game made me feel like a rat in a maze, rather than a person exploring an unknown land. I also hated the way they started you out with all this great equipment and then they take it away from you. It gives the player nothing to look forward to. You've already experienced items like the charge beam and morph ball, so obtaining them once again isn't really satisfying. It feels more like a job. Expand
  7. Nov 5, 2011
    Metroid Prime is definitely an experience. It took the Metroid formula, perfected it and took a bold new approach in making it an FPA (First-Person Adventure). To say that it's an amazing game it's an understatement; it might as well be the most perfect game ever made for the Cube, and one of the finest games ever. Lots of stuff to collect and do, good storyline, very deep and engaging lore, top-notch graphics, very, VERY good atmosphere, complete with a beautiful soundtrack. Mix this with a difficulty level that is actually challenging even in Normal, tight, really tight controls, and you get no less than perfection. Definitely Retro Studios's masterpiece. Expand
  8. Jun 14, 2011
    Metroid Prime is a truly stunning experience for anyone. Pros: Innovative and overall, nicely polished; excellent graphics and sound; beautifully detailed design; epic soundtrack; challenging gameplay. Cons: No multiplayer; no widescreen mode; the save system could've been better.
  9. Oct 28, 2011
    10 isn't for perfect games. 10 is for phenomenal games that despite all it's flaws shines above the vast majority of games. Graphically it is some of the best GameCube has to offer and the ambient music creates a great atmosphere fitting of the Metroid series. The controls are unconventional, and would be terrible for an FPS. Fortunately, Metroid Prime is a much grander experience than your average FPS, with vast levels to explore and secret items scattered around. Less focus on shooting and more on exploring the landscape makes it unique. Overall, Metroid Prime is a game I'm not ashamed to call my favorite game of all time. Easily a must-buy for GameCube/Wii owners. Expand
  10. Nov 7, 2011
    I like this game. It has great graphics and unique gameplay, although I found the game confusing at times because there is a lot going on within the game.
  11. Jun 25, 2012
    Metroid Prime: What can I say that already hasn't been said. This game is truly how an adventure game and an FPS should be, free exploration in a beautiful world that captures you with its stunning visuals, catchy and breathtaking music, little intricacies in the level design that impress the players, and complex and thought-provoking puzzles. It's just you and the huge planet that you explore, with the frequent enemies and boss fights. It's easily understood as to why the Metroid series is truly one of Nintendo's, no, video games in general, finest work. Gameplay: You're Samus Aran, and the game is in her perspective. You see through Samus's helmet, and have a gun with unlimited ammo ready to shoot at everything in sight. Shoot with A, jump with B for some clever platforming, lock on with L, move the gun up and down with R, etc. The gameplay controls very well. On your quest, you will come across items such as Missles, Grapple Beams, etc, which all add to your arsenal of weapons you can carry, making enemies you had trouble earlier with, easier to beat. The boss fights in this game are truly fantastic. From the vicious Flaaghra to the sadistic Ridley, these bosses will pose a huge amount of challenge and fun. Throughout your adventure, you will shoot down indigenous life, space pirates, well designed bosses as you course through the depths of Tallon IV. Going through the magma filled Magmoor Cavern, the cold, sub-zero climate of Phendrana Drifts, to even the Space Pirate's mines (and many more), this game will take hours to complete. After you finish all of that, you will defeat the final boss, Metroid Prime, and save Tallon IV from the corruption of Phazon. The morph ball feature is also well transferred from the game's 2D counterpart, even something that shocked me, the grappling beam, was very well implemented. With perfect controls, perfect level design, and perfect boss battles, gameplay gets a 10/10. Music/Sounds: Metroid Prime features some of the best soundtracks I have heard in a video game. The music in the game contain atmospheric pieces, and catchy ones as well. I cannot begin to tell how many times I've listened to the peaceful Phendrana Drifts music just on its own with headphones. It's music from the heavens. The sounds are also great and realistic (firing your gun, small explosions, enemy grunts, etc) 10/10. Story. The story is marvelously told through the use of optional lore and Pirate data that can be scanned throughout the game. Read up the wiki on the story if you want to know what it is. It's actually quite interesting. The lore and Pirate data also give a very large chunk of the story through the Space Pirates' perspectives and even mention some things in the past that transpired in the planet. Truly a genius way of telling a story. 10/10 Overall Metroid Prime is quite possibly one of the best games you'll come across. What Super Mario 64 did for the Mario series, and what Ocarina of Time did for the Zelda series, Metroid Prime did for the Metroid series. It's a 3D FPS adventure at is finest, and it's my personal favorite game of all time. If you haven't played this game, I highly recommend you pick it up and give it a go. This game receives a perfect 10/10 score. Expand
  12. Nov 23, 2011
    Simply the most absorbing game I've ever played. It has the refinement of zelda with an amazing graphics engine and an unquestionable amount of atmosphere. I play to this day, it's better than 90% of what's on wii.
  13. Nov 29, 2011
    Metroid prime is the best game of it's console generation while also fulfilling all necessary gameplay aspects that Metroid fans have come to know and love.
  14. Apr 23, 2012
    I really love this game. There's an intense atmosphere, the graphics is one of the best in Gamecube, the gameplay is awesome and the soundtrack... is amazing. The all planet Tallon IV is huge, with good designs and the boss are the biggest i ever seen in a metroid game.
  15. May 18, 2012
    Graphics: AMAZING, at the time this was the best looking game around and it still looks detailed and slick.
    Music: I can't describe how awesome and fantastic the music is.
    Gameplay: really sweet action-adventure. Lot's of tough puzzles and powerful enemies. The difficulty is just right.
    So far this, together with Ocarina of Time, is the best game I've played. It's a true master piece and
    deserves a 10/10. Expand
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    I absolutely LOVE this game. I picked it up after watching by big brother play it when I was young. I played it, beat it, and to this day I still come back to play more. This is by far my favorite metroid game and is in my opinion one of the best games of all time. Do not pass up a chance to play this incredible game.
  17. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most brilliant games for the Game Cube.
    I myself have played it on the Wii and thought it was awesome.
    Compared with today's games clearly outdated but with the games damliger time simply unmatched.
  18. May 27, 2014
    In 1994 Nintendo released Super Metroid, one of the best games ever. An entire generation of games went by without Nintendo releasing a sequel. Then this game was announced with an incredible amount of hype around it. Metroid Prime not only lived up to the hype, it surpassed it. It transferred everything that made Super Metroid so amazing to 3D flawlessly. There was more lore, better combat, better boss fights, more exploration, better locations and a higher level of immersion. The graphics at the time were unprecedented and the soundtrack was excellent. It gave my favourite franchise new life and that is why it is my favourite game. Expand
  19. Dec 16, 2013
    I'm totally neutral towards this game. It has a nice story line and good gameplay. I just can't stand the constant backtracking. Some may not be bothered by it, but I personally hated it. I recommend trying it out, but will not guarantee satisfaction.
  20. Mar 24, 2011
    ive never played a metroid game until this one . the first thing that turned me off about it was the auto lock shooting no FPS game should have that when you have duel analog controls... EVER! it just takes alot of the skill away . the games diffuculty comes from its puzzle solving which was done ok i guess and its not that i dont like doing that kinda thing i just didnt really expect it and that it was more of the focus in this game . i would say if thats what you are looking for you will enjoy this game . it does look very nice and has great level desighns but it just wasnt for me. maybe if they add duel analog shooting in future installments i will get into it abit more. Expand
  21. Jan 19, 2011
    One of the best games of all time. This game was and still is brilliant in every way. Graphics, presentation, story and gameplay this game is as close to perfection as any game can get.
  22. Feb 7, 2014
    Possibly my favourite GameCube game. Great action and exploration with a decent amount of challenge, tension and rewarding gameplay. The thinking man's shooter...
  23. Jan 8, 2011
    There is so much but so little to say about this game. Best graphics of a gamecube game. Best gameplay of a gamecube game. Flawless in every way. Compelling. Entertaining. Jaw dropping action. If you have not bought this, then do so. This is why the gamecube is worth buying!
  24. Jul 23, 2011
    Metroid was one of the few games that got changed by the genre, and got a successful margin. Sub estimating a game because it's having something new is tricky, sometimes you don't know if it is going to be a success. But Metroid did well, very well. Level design can be confusing with nice puzzles , the graphic's looks stunning for a game this old. Game Cube may be dead, and buried by the strong dead competitors ( PS2 and Xbox) but it had the abilities that we never saw that it could have let go at the time. And this is a big example of the potential the cube had. Expand
  25. Jun 28, 2011
    One of the best games for the gamecube, great graphics, gripping story, good controls, and especially you get to play as Samus obviously one of the biggest nintendo starts ever. I would recamend this to anyone IF you have the time to put into it.
  26. Oct 31, 2013
    The long running Metroid series has been highly regarded amongst gamers for two decades and this update continues the trend of providing quality gaming. In much the same way that Ocarina of Time translated the Zelda series into 3D whilst retaining the series uniqueness Retro Studios have taken the 2D formula of previous instalments to the next level.

Metroid Prime is an action/adventure
    game that is unusually played from a first-person perspective and takes place just after the original Metroid on the NES. The game opens with bounty hunter Samus Aran on the trail of space pirates intent on using a substance known as Phazon to create a genetically engineered army capable of taking over the galaxy. Following an explosion in which she narrowly escapes with her life she finds herself trapped on an eerie and isolated planet without many of her abilities.

Once on the planet the gameplay itself also follows the template laid down by the 2D iterations. The focus is largely on exploring the massive, uncharted world around you. As you do you gradually regain abilities such as the Morph Ball and Dash Boots that allows access to previously inaccessible areas that provide teasing hints as to the planets history. With useful signposting along the way it is only rarely that this exploration can become frustrating.

Combat itself also takes inspiration from Ocarina of Time. A simple lock-on mechanic allows the player to target individual enemies and removes the need for twin analogue controls. Once targeted enemies can be blasted with a variety of weapons although many are weaker or stronger against certain types.

With its superb graphics and haunting score Metroid Prime became an instant classic on release and remains amongst the best games of its generation.
  27. May 26, 2011
    I never got past the first part because it was too dang difficult! Listen to this, it is ridiculous: Samus, an armor-wearing, alien-bashing, base-destructing, tough-as-nails bounty hunter loses ALL her powers from HITTING A WALL. What the hell?
  28. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the highlight games for the GameCube, Metroid Prime really shines for its transfer from a 2-d to a 3-d dimension. I really like the work they put into for this game: the visuals, music, gameplay, everything.
  29. Jun 27, 2011
    Woah! This game was amazing! first let me shut the people below me up. Metroid Prime has scored higher than Halo! It is the most critically acclaimed FPS of the 2000-2010 period. Graphics are great. The controls took about five minutes to get used to (hey we live in a time where everything is handed to us). The story is great. The atmosphere is just incredible. The final boss (Metroid Prime) left me gasping for breathe and my heart beating freaking fast (I just barely beat it with 10% of my health left). It was the most exhilarating experience ever! Space Pirates, metroids, and a whole bunch of other creatures give the game life and something to shoot at. Pick it up! Now! 10/10 Expand
  30. Aug 7, 2011
    This game is Perfection.
    Super Metroid is one of the best 2-d Adventure games out there. This game perfectly translates everything that was Brilliant of that game into 3d and even adds more. With the Bar set sky high of Super Metroid this game had a lot to beat. Retro Studios completely succeeded.
    Graphics in this game are Incredible and shows clearly what the Gamecube was possible of, and
    for 2011 still look really good. Gameplay is satisfying with the best weapon having an amazing amount of kick to it which when blasting a Space Pirate in the face. The environment is incredible, with each area looking nothing alike. Each nook-and cranny of this game is extremely well made. There is extreme reward for exploring each and Every area to get every last little Power-up.
    The music is really awesome and has been remixed to death but never sounds as good as the original.
    Each boss fight is different, challenging and fun. The controls, which are confusing at first. Do let you do what you want.
    The story, Is incredible. The Lore you acquire from scanning is well written. This game is perfection.
    It is what I believe to be the 2nd greatest game of all time.
  31. Oct 15, 2011
    theyve carefully pulled every pixel off s. metroid, put them into a sphre, for 3d enviros, and packaged it to make the best gcn game ever. getting a 98%, and best metroid bar s.metroid
  32. Sep 28, 2011
    This is probably Nintendo's best games ever released and one of the best franchises they've ever had (Other M be damned). I wish I could say I lacked the ability to find criticism for this game, but I'm sure I can think of a few things. It still gets a perfect score because I can't think of another Nintendo game worth of 10/10 except for StarFox64, Kirby 64, or maybe even SSBB (with the minus mod, of course). The game looks great and plays better than any other console FPS game I've been forced to endure, so it already is miles above Halo and CoD. It also is a truly immerse game with well constructed environments. The story is, much like a Valve game, in the background and never in your face with obnoxious cutscenes. You can gather more information with your Scan Visor if you want to know more about what's going on, you can speculate it and just shoot a bunch of dudes, or you can use a walkthrough and ruin the experience for yourself entirely. But the story all "do, don't show" and it works incredibly well. But, as I said, I have to criticize it somewhere. I think the lack of a hard mode from the beginning is an annoyance. you have to beat the game first before you can use it and that isn't cool. Why should I have to replay a game for difficulty changes? Shouldn't I just be allowed to pick the setting I want whether it be the one that holds my hand or kicks me in the balls? Also, some scans are a 1-shot-deal in that you can only scan a dude at ONE point in the game and if you miss it, that's it. I get that for Boss Monsters because you'll scan them anyway to figure out a weakness. But I think it was Ice Shriek bats are in only one place for the first time you pass through it and then they are gone forever. That seems like a rather dick move on Retro Studio's part. But the good HORRENDOUSLY outweighs the bad. If you are, for some reason, just now getting a gamecube and you don't have this in your collection, I have one of two things for you to do. First, get your head examined. If you are mentally healthy, you have no excuse to not get this game. If you are, for some reason, not mentally healthy, then go back to wasting hours of your time playing Halo Reach and enjoy your generic shooter **** Expand
  33. Dec 31, 2011
    When I first started playing the Metroid Prime series it was on the Wii... and then I laid my eyes on the GameCube version of this game... At first i didn't like it because I kept dying, but I learned were to go and what to do... and now I can't play this game without completing it 100%... If you get the chance to pick up this game or even the Wii version, Metroid Prime Trilogy, do it... you wont regret doing so. Expand
  34. Aug 7, 2012
    This game is amazing for people who are metroid fans and even some non metroid fans. Its not suppose to be a regular FPS were you shoot and try to kill everything, IT ACTUALLY HAS A STORY. The only thing that gets to me about this game is when you have to back track from one place to another and they are far apart. The controls are great but are tricky sometimes,the story is pretty well made,the gameplay is great since you have different beams you can use and different visors that are needed to fight some enemies, even the graphics are stunning. Expand
  35. Mar 15, 2012
    Sublime, simply an amazing game. You feel entrenched within a planet, and can learn about all aspects of it including life and flora. The music is amazing, and the atmosphere is fantastic.
    A pinnacle. If you own a GAmecube or Wii, you must play this.
  36. Aug 27, 2012
    Perfectly captures the essence of previous Metroid games. The graphics are so amazing that at some points, the game looks even better than most Wii titles. This game is a testament to the GameCube's real power. The gameplay is equally polished. Samus controls so well that you actually feel like you're the one wearing the Power Suit. The music is incredible and is always changing. For example, the Chozo Ruins music is a quiet tune until you get the Morph Ball. From that point onwards, the music changes to a catchy tune that I loved. The replay value is great, since there are, in traditional Metroid fashion, multiple endings that you get depending on your item collection rate. The boss battles are few, but very satisfying. The difficulty is perfect...what else can I say? If I keep talking about the positives of this game, my review won't fit into the page, so I will end it by saying this: If you don't have it, buy it. Now. Expand
  37. Nov 3, 2012
    Metroid prime is all about level design and gameplay. Forget the subtle story, the brilliant graphics, and the awesome soundtrack. The thing that made this game one of the finest games of all time is the level design and game structure. I usually don't like games that give you many paths to choose from, but here is an exception. Metroid prime seems like a huge game, but really it's small. What makes it feel so big is the brilliant sense of adventure and discovery. You enter an erea, find the correct path through puzzles and platforming(and of course, fighting some local life forms). When you clear an erea you usually get a new weapon or gadget that allows you to visit areas that were blocked before so. It becomes a sort of a giant puzzle, where you must fit in the right pieces to proceed. The game isn't brutally difficult, like the 2d Metroid games, but at the same time requires attention and understanding of your surrounding. It's a game made purely for gamers. It combines elements from most genres into one genius package. If you haven't played this game, you should do so as soon as you can. I never expected it to be that good. Expand
  38. May 25, 2012
    Absolutely my favourite game of all time. Not only was this game immersive, exciting and all together major fun! It had an amazing back story and amazing game play. The progression in the game is what I like most, you unlock new pieces of armour and new weapons to be able to travel to the places you had passed and wondered "How the hell do I get past this purple door?" for example. The game also looks fantastic for its age, and to be honest rivaled many of the latest games on its rival consoles, such as 'Halo: Combat Evolved'. All in all I just wanted to make this amateur review to show my appreciation to Retro Studios, for truly making a master piece! Expand
  39. May 26, 2012
    This is one of my favourite games of all time because I used to play this as a kid. The gameplay is amazing and it was different to any other first person shooter game because it had the morph ball mode and the scanning option was a great part of the game too, the map was big and finding all the upgrades was fun, the graphics were great, the story was interesting and the final boss battle was really epic. The game is absolutely perfect in my opinion and still is to date. Expand
  40. May 28, 2012
    Great atmosphere but not my cup of tea.
  41. Sep 17, 2013
    Flawless game, perfect controls, level design, pacing, concept and immersion. one of the best games ever made, sadly not so many people had a game cube to play it when released.
  42. Sep 5, 2012
    I've played the original Metroid for SNES but Prime was the first I've owned. Let's just say Nintendo did an excellent job with this remake, it feels exactly how a Metroid should feel. The graphics and gameplay are the best GameCube has to offer, and the world this game creates is pretty intimidating. Like it should be this game is very challenging and some of the puzzles will take some time and patience. This is one of the only games that can literally "freak you out." Some of the enemies are really tough but a few are REALLY annoying, including metroid. When I got to the point in the game where you have to fight metroid, my satisfaction with this game took a hit. I can't stress enough how annoying these guys are, but after a while you get used to fighting them. Overall Metroid Prime is a great game and one of the best the GC has to offer, just be ready to get occasionally flustered. Expand
  43. Jan 3, 2013
    Amazing game that seamlessly blends exploration, action, and puzzle solving. I would recommend this title to anyone. Even if you aren't a fan of FPS, I would still have no qualms telling you to play it because it's so radically different than nearly any other game out there. The atmosphere in this game is one of the greatest of all time, the music is engrossing, and the graphics still hold up wonderfully 10 years later. Expand
  44. Feb 1, 2013
    A fantastic transition from 2D to 3D for a timeless Nintendo classic. Having played this game many times I feel as if I have actually been to Tallon IV, waded through the flora and fought the creatures from inside the Power Suit; for a brief moment I was Samus and if I ever wish to return I know where to find her.
  45. Jun 25, 2013
    On the Nintendo 64, many franchises attempted to jump into the 3rd dimension. Super Mario 64 successfully brought Mario to 3D. Ocarina of Time did the same for the Zelda franchise. Both of these games were hailed as masterpieces and are still considered some of the greatest games of all time. However, a question remained: can Metroid successfully make the leap into 3D? No new Metroid games were released for the N64, and the question remained unanswered. That is, of course, until the Gamecube came out, and with it came Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime is, simply put, one of the best games on the Gamecube. Every aspect of it is refined to near perfection.

The graphics are outstanding by any standard. You can tell a game looked good back when it came out if it still looks amazing in 2013.
    The sound design was amazing as well. The music perfectly fits every zone you enter, providing an excellent background to the exploration that you undertake. Every shot you fire makes a crisp and punctual noise that echos with your surroundings.

Perhaps the greatest aspect of Metroid Prime is its gameplay. The reason the gameplay is so good is because it's a perfect translation of the old school 2D Metroid games. You still find power-ups, new suits and new beams as you further explore the world of Tallon IV. Every now and again, you come across a large boss that takes a lot of skill to defeat. It's classic Metroid from beginning to end, and it's all awesome.

The only issue with the game is regarding a later section of the game that can be quite boring, as it involves a lot of unnecessary backtracking. It's not a huge deal, but it can be a little annoying.

Bottom line is that this game is phenomenal. A must play for all people.

9.9/10
  46. Apr 6, 2013
    Eu nunca tinha jogado Metroid na minha vida só ouvia falar que ele era bom demais mas nunca procurei jogar até que meu primo trouxe seu Game Cube com Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil o remake, Mario Kart Double dash, FIFA 2004 e um tal de Metroid, vi cada um dos jogos mas quando peguei o jogo da retrô studios, fui fisgado pelo seu game play matador, um first person shooter que trouxe tudo que me falavam nas versões anteriores em 2D, desde o tatu bola(demais), a nave, a atmosfera de outro planeta, os gráficos e cenários, ás músicas e sons de patamar acima dos outros jogos e quanto o fato do seu personagem ser mulher isso eu já sabia mas vendo ela em movimento muito melhor pois o capacete dela reflete tudo o que se passa com ela durante o jogo e Samus você gata heim e aí que percebi o quanto tempo havia perdido não pelo fato de ter jogados os outros títulos do Cubo da Nintendo primeiro, mas não poder ter jogado Metroid desde a geração Nes. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2013
    A minimalist, yet enthralling backstory is spread about surprisingly slick graphics, intense action sequences, and excellent boss battles. Metroid Prime takes the best out of the Metroid series, and puts a whole new dimensional spin on it.
  48. Mar 25, 2013
    Metroid Prime has a atmosphere like no other. It made me feel the isolation acutely, yet I enjoyed everyone one of it. The puzzles are great, and require observation, exploration, and adaptation. The art in the game is stellar, the controls are good, just a little clunky feeling in 2013, and the music is phenomenal. 10/10
  49. Aug 12, 2013
    Seeing Metroid in three dimensions for the first time was one of the coolest and most memorable experiences I've had on the GameCube to date, and ranks up there with my best experiences with a GC game as well. The game has an assortment of awesome weapons, puzzles, worlds, and enemies, and can be downright devilish to play at times as well- in a good way. The challenge level and difficulty takes some getting used to at times, but the game is phenomenal from start to blinding finish. Expand
  50. Apr 25, 2013
    I felt I had to write a review jst to state something other than how much I like this game; a LOT of people, including one or two reviewers here, have made comments saying that they were disappointed with 'Metroid Prime' because it's not like games like 'Halo' or 'Quake'; but the point is that it really isn't trying to be.

'Metroid Prime' is NOT a normal first-person shooter; 'Metroid'
    games have been around since the 1980s, and have never been about just shooting and surviving, there's a lot more to it. Power-ups, new abilities, upgrades and such are vital to success in this game, and it requires much more thought than the everyday shooter. This isn't to say that 'Metriod Prime' doesn't deliver when it comes to the shooting action; to put it bluntly, it's cool, and the action gets pretty frantic. What annoys me is when people go on about how this game isn't like other shoot 'em ups; surely it's nice to have games being produced that do something DIFFERENT to every other shoot 'em up? I highly recommend this game; it delivers in every conceivable way a game should, and, with it being a 'Player's Choice' title now, you're picking up a great game for a good price. Expand
  51. May 15, 2013
    I really like Metroid Prime. The graphics are pretty good, the controls are awesome, the boss battles and sub-boss battles are classic. Even though Metroid Prime is a first-person shooter, it still have the adventure elements that is associated with the Metroid series
  52. May 27, 2013
    Arguably, the best gamecube game ever. The graphics were ahead of their time and could compete with todays standards. The landscapes are stunning and the adventurous gameplay keeps you coming back for more. The bosses are challenging yet not impossible. The worst part of the game is when its over
  53. Jun 11, 2013
    Amazing, absolutely amazing. for anyone that ever knocked the gamecube with or without trying it, this game will set you straight. It is an experience unlike anything else that was available at the time. The depth of this game was outstanding, was always entertained even when literally breaking my controller after multiple deaths to the final boss.
  54. Dec 12, 2013
    I've never been lucky enough to play the first Metroid games, so this is my first. I was thoroughly shocked at how great it is! Plus it is soo smooth.
  55. Jul 10, 2013
    Graphics, gameplay, story, loneliness... A revolution for the gamecube, great sound, Giant character greatest gamecube game and one of the best I ever played.
  56. Nov 3, 2013
    Amazing game! The opening cinematic just sets the tone for the whole game, visually stunning an unbeatable story that not just intrigues you and makes you want to go the extra mile by scanning objects so you can dig deeper into the universe of Metroid. If you have a GameCube, BUY THIS GAME! It's truly an amazing game. 10/10.
  57. Jun 27, 2014
    Try to find anything bad about this game, c'mon, I dare you! This game is just nothing but good. Fairly hard, but not as impossible as the 2nd one. Another perfect game by Nintendo, & Retro Studios.
  58. Nov 21, 2013
    There's only a handful of games in the videogame history that accomplishes something that forever changes how we look videogames. Even within those games there's even a smaller quantity of games that manage to become part of ourselves, living in our memories for years, even decades. The intro for this game, managed to single-handedly engrave that moment, those 40 50 seconds so deep within my brain that became the most memorable moment in my gaming life.
    If the job of the intro of any game is a statement on how good will it be, this intro might as well be the best intro in vedeogame history. But enough about the intro, the important areas are gameplay, story and presentation:
    -Gameplay: The controls are a bit odd at first since the game is in a first person perspective; you move with the control stick, hold R to survey, and hold L to lock view, move the C-Stick in one of the 4 directions to select a weapon and likewise with the D-Pad for the visors. You may expect dual anlog control for a first person game, but Prime does not uses it. In the context, the controls are flawless since there's no area where you feel cheated because you couldn't aim correctly since the game offers a lock-on targeting system similar to Zelda.
    The way the map is laid out is brilliant, it's very similar to Super Metroid where you'd see an unaccessible area and aquire an upgrade to access that area, the way that ends up working without hand-holding is near perfect, it triggers your memories whenever you get the upgrade needed for a particular area, and that is something that never before had i seen on a game before it or super metroid.
    There's some puzzle elements where you need to activate or deactivate certain mechanisms to obtain access or upgrades. With the morph ball the variety and creative use of the Power suit has never been so wide.
    -Story: Is simple, you receive a distress signal in space, such signal comes from an space pirate experimentation frigate. You get there and find several pirates dead. You progress further and discover the source: A mutated form of a parasite that killed them. Later on you kill such creature and the frigate enters a self-destruct mode, you escape from it and in the way out you find your nemesis Ridley.
    Ridley escapes in to the nearest planet and you chase after him. Later in the game you discover the real threat.. That's just what the game presents to us on a superficial level, however because there's a scan capability built in to the power suit, there are a lot of scan points scattered through the planet and scanning them reveals the story behind the planet, some chozo info. and the space pirate's point of view of the situation. The way these are implemented is brilliant, they're there only for those who want to read them.
    -Presentation: This may be the most influential category in the game. The visuals (For the time) where spectacular to say the least. The environments are so rich, full of life and dead in some cases, which is not a bad thing. The atmosphere created in the game is the most impressive i've experienced in a game, in the rainy overworld you feel isolated, but at the same time watched, observed by all of the life's lifeforms crawling all around you. In the Magmoor caverns you feel a bit more comfortable since the whole area is underground. In the Phazon mines you constantly feel like in any moment you could die to space pirates, and the way the music reflects these situations is superb. The music in this game is also extremely fitting and causes awe just by listening them. This world you experience through samus's eyes is filed with details, the rain will fall down to your visor, the water pours down as you emerge from a water source, intense light blinds you for a brief period of time, some enemies cause static in the visor, moths in the environment will approach the light that the morph ball emanates.. those little touches makes the world feel alive and you get that feel from the beginning to the end credits.
    It really is masterful.
  59. Nov 28, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic. Hours upon hours of enjoyment, and incredible gameplay. This is Metroid at its best (which is pretty darn good). Anyone who loves shooters should look no further.
  60. Dec 18, 2013
    People arguing this game alongside Halo are probably the same people who brag about their COD kills; bigots with no appreciation for decent single player game. I'm writing this as anticipation for Halo 5 is building, and all I can say is that Samus would kick Master Chief right in the frag grenades.
  61. Jan 6, 2014
    The best game of the year 2002 for me.
    The best single player campaign ever made for a FPS.
    The best game on the Gamecube.
    And one of the best example of a video game franchise reinvented!
  62. Apr 1, 2014
    Revolutionized the Metroid series the same way Super Mario 64 did with the Mario series. It set the standard for the FPA (First-Person Adventure) genre, the visuals are extremely impressive for the GameCube, the atmosphere is done perfectly, making you feel isolated in these planets, especially when you are in dark corridors. The soundtrack is awesome, having one of the most memorable main themes in any game. One of the best games ever made. Make sure you have alot of time with this one, though. Expand
  63. Feb 19, 2014
    Graphics: Beautiful for 2002-2003, loved
    Gameplay: Beautiful, Loved bought my gamecube so by metroid and was worth
    Nintendo, Nintendo always doing great works of art that pleases me as much as possible stay with her till my death, and metroid These incredibly fantastic
  64. Sep 30, 2014
    This game is a dissapointment, i love the old Metroid games, but this one is far from perfect, who the hell came up with a silly idea to change the genre of the game, from 2d platform to fps. What a shame. The controls are pretty bad, you never see what's surrounding you, the map design is awful, samus moves very slow and the jump mehanism sucks, it's not a dinamic game like metroid fusion or super metroid, in this one, samus is very weak and moves like an old woman, my score is 6.5/10 but i give it the 7 because i am a nice person, the bosses are very uninspired, but the worst thing of this game is the auto aim, it **** SUCKS, you can't change objectives while aiming, but a shiity gameplay this game has. I rather play a thousand time the previous metroid games, this one means the begining of the end for the series. Expand
  65. Mar 13, 2014
    Metroid Prime is the kind of game that would make people now a days go "Wait, that was on a GameCube?!". Metroid Prime had the graphics that could give games like Call of Duty a run for their money. The game was played out perfectly but you do need to have a good amount of time on your hands. great graphics, great game play mechanics, awesome environment, top notch story all mark the makings of a true masterpiece! Expand
  66. Mar 21, 2014
    Creo que simplemente es el mejor juego que hay para game cube y es uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en toda mi vida, espero que Nintendo se anime a sacar un Metroid prime 4 para Wii U.
  67. Apr 6, 2014
    I can only say, that I assure you is the best game for gamecube, not just what I say, if you look on top of the best juices in history Metacritic, prime metroid is at number 13, there is no game gamecube to exceed it.

Graphics: 10/10 for being 2002, beats all its competition, such as would be the halo 1 to the first call of duty.
    Gameplay: 10/10 is very good as it can set the pointer
    to enemy and follow them. Double jump, many skills ... What more do you want?
    Duration: 20/10 xD is the longest game besides the gamecube zelda wind waker.
  68. Apr 21, 2014
    this is the best game on the game cube, it pushed the systems capabilities and came out with an immersive and beautifully designed world, with awesome boss battles, great graphics and amazing gameplay. exploration has never been so fun. I hate back tracking though, that's my only gripe and the only thing from keeping it from a 10 which is a perfect score, and I cant just be waving that rating at every fun game. Expand
  69. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 9.8 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

This game means for me in GC the same as Ocarina in N64, being the first really great game on the cube. I spent hours in the single play missions, collecting and analyzing everything i can. Nice touch of art and a fresh air with its FPS/adventure/platform mix.
  70. Jul 21, 2014
    El juego tiene algo que atrapa desde un principio. Quizás sea el escenario, quizás la música... no lo sé. En todo caso, Metroid Prime es un shooter notable, algo lejos de ser perfecto en mi opinión (tenia diversas cosas negativas como la repetición de enemigos en algunas zonas) pero un buen juego en mi opinión. Era un gusto explorar las zonas con las habilidades de Samus en primera persona. Gráficamente es realmente bueno para ser de 2002. Expand
  71. Sep 20, 2014
    I would actually rate this a 9.8, but this game was so amazing I just decided to round it up. The atmospheric feel of this game was insane, it was so immersive and the gameplay felt amazing. The graphics for the time was equally amazing, even today, games struggle to come close to being half as immersive or atmospheric as this game. The moment that you saw rain falling on your visor, or how when you stepped out of the water floatily and saw water washing off your visor, or the moment that you saw your reflection from the light you knew they had done themselves a masterpiece. Expand
  72. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is great. I got it when I was a kid and I loved it since. I loved the frigate and every other aspect of this game. The music is really good.

1. It looks fantastic, it plays fantastic (the best usage of the GameCube controller to date), it sounds fantastic, and darn it, it is just fun to play.
    It doesn't matter if you've never played a Metroid game before - Prime will kick your ass and unrelentingly own you. [A+; Jan 2003, p.62]
  3. It oozes with so much addictiveness that the storyline plays second fiddle and reminds you of a time when gameplay was an integral part of gaming. Put simply, this is one of the best games I have played in a long, long time. [Grade = A+]