NBA Courtside 2002 GameCube

7.4

1. DaleB.
    Jan 20, 2002
    Greatest basketball game ever created, I could not stop playing this game!!!
  2. TimL.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Entertaining and fun. But easy to block and dunk in arcade mode. And in simulation, it's hard to stop lob passes and dunks. Weak computer defense.
  3. MattR.
    Feb 28, 2002
    Good graphics, fun for a while, but control is a bit awkward. NBA 2k2 is better.
  4. ReganW.
    Aug 16, 2002
    They honest-to-God forgot to allow for defense. This game just sucks compared to NBA 2k1 on the dreamcast.
  5. MatiasP.
    Dec 26, 2003
    My second basketball game ever, so I can't compare this to others, but I like this game damn much. Controls can feel awful at the beginning, but when you learn to play, you can like them.
  6. MichaelJ.
    Nov 17, 2002
    The AI leaves such an open lane and has such bad physics that Eric Snow can dribble past everyone and dunk.
  7. Nov 2, 2011
    i had to do something to make justice for this game as it is the most entertaining nba game ive ever played, its pure arcade with an easy control PURE FUN!!! i cant remember how many full season ive played.............of course is nowhere near perfect but trust me this game is so much fun, play it in your dolphin emu and will see

1. It does suffer from some of the same issues that original game had. Namely, the disjointed steal and alley oops, and the lack of visual or aural character that comprises the NBA.
  2. It's a pretty rocking title that can hang with the b-ball big boys. [Mar 2002, p.80]
  3. With great sim style and arcade jams, NBA Courtside 2002 nets the best of both worlds. [Feb 2002, p.148]