Pikmin GameCube

8.7

1. GeorgeS.
    Dec 18, 2006
    This is the best game I have ever played, other than pikmin 2. And heads up because pikmin 3 is coming out for the nintendo wii.
  2. Jun 13, 2011
    A remarkable experience that any GCN owner should have already had. Pros: Adorable, addictive, and original gameplay; rich in color; overall, it's fairly challenging and packed with witty puzzles and obstacles. Cons: The length is peculiar; annoying camera; repetitive sequences.
  3. GeorgeB.
    Jun 1, 2002
    This game is so cool! It's so easy to get hooked on. The blue guys are the coolest cause they can swim. The yellow guys stink cause all they can do is fly higher and pick up bombs. The red pikmin are the best fighters. I think Miyamoto has outdone himself this time. Well maybe not.
  4. D.C.
    Apr 3, 2003
    Ups: Beautiful Graphics, great sound, originality, tons of creatures, great environments, smooth controls and simple gameplay Downs: Too short not to have something extra. There should at least have been some sort of multiplayer.
  5. DaveB.
    Nov 18, 2003
    This game rocks, and it's only for NGC so it's a must-own/play title! I can't wait for the sequel, it look awesome!
  6. DanielB.
    Apr 5, 2005
    The first time i played this game i was hooked, the graphics and the details in the worlds, along with the addictive gameplay kept me coming back for more. Pikmin RULE
  7. BruceC.
    Mar 8, 2002
    A very unique, oddball simulation-style game. It's definitely not for everyone, so rent before you buy.
  8. JimmyS.
    Jan 9, 2003
    Originality....Not a new concept but unfortunately a rarity in the video game industry, and thats exactly what this game has in spades. Brilliant creatures, brilliant levels, Pikmin is a breath of fresh air in a stagnant closet of uninspired sequels. Arigato Nintendo and Miyamoto-san!
  9. DanielM.
    Nov 2, 2004
    Not the easiest game to get into, but rewarding none the less.
  10. Mike
    Jan 10, 2002
    Great game large bosses and excellent play mechanics, Miyamoto hits another homerun. (Too many people think its a pokemon copy before they play it.)
  11. AlexB.
    Feb 26, 2002
    It's simply a great game!The only flaw is that much like LM it is much to short.
  12. JuliusY.
    Jun 30, 2002
    Pikmin has the best charachter and enemy design that I've ever seen. It was the main reason I got a Gamecube. I think it should have more than one sequel; it might be as big as Mario or Zelda!
  13. PeteP.
    Jun 28, 2003
    Didn't give this game a 10 because the graphics slow down when there's lots of characters on the screen at once. Other than that, it was almost flawless. Highly additive and original.
  14. MicroFork
    Jun 14, 2005
    Great game, might take a while to learn how to play, but just incredibly fun. Graphics are nothing special but they fit the game, and sound is pretty nice.
  15. GerikW.
    Feb 19, 2002
    It is a great game compared to other videogames I get. Pikmin is my favorite game because you have to recover 30 parts in 30 days. (Besides, I like timed games) So far, I never failed once yet.
  16. AzkaR.
    Jun 15, 2002
    This is very fun to play.
  17. BoogerSnot
    Apr 27, 2004
    The cons of this was the extremely short days and the allowance of days to finish your mission. The other con is that the pikmin get eatan too qickly. Then it takes too long to knock down walls and blow up things. Now the pros are this was a good origional story. The pikmin creatures are absolutly cute. The graphics flow smoothly and has very unique game play.
  18. Jan 24, 2011
    Incredibly fun and addictive this game is worth playing even now if you own a Nintendo Wii, I hope the next gen version of this game lives up to the expectations.
  19. Jun 8, 2013
    Having crash landed on an unknown planet Captain Olimar has only 30 days in which to rebuild his spaceship and escape before his life support system can no longer function. He soon finds himself aided in his quest to recover his mission spaceship parts by strange creatures known as Pikmin.

Essentially a real time strategy title the player can order these Pikmin (of which there are three different types with different functions and abilities) in groups of up to 100 to collect said parts, as well as other valuable objects, over the course of thirty days. Of course everything is not quite that simple and Olimar will often find himself face to face with carnivorous beasts, which will eat Pikmin for breakfast if given the chance, as well as all manner of environmental puzzles to solve.

Featuring a level of charm that only Nintendo seems to be able to deliver Pikmin is amongst the very best strategy games available on any console and should be part of anyone’s collection.
  20. Oct 27, 2011
    Pikmin was a game that differ from those that are on the marketplace.
    The game has brilliant music that is calm and peaceful which is a great plus when making a plan
    the only problem with the game is the time limit it made me feel like i needed to hurry up at all times!
  21. Aug 2, 2013
    Awesome game, but the difficulty is way too hard at times. Extremely original and addictive. I really don't like how there's a time limit to finish the game and a lack of boss battles. Besides those flaws, the graphics are still good by today's standards, and the player will stay intrigued for days trying to get all of olimar's ship parts back and growing your pikmin population. The sequelAwesome game, but the difficulty is way too hard at times. Extremely original and addictive. I really don't like how there's a time limit to finish the game and a lack of boss battles. Besides those flaws, the graphics are still good by today's standards, and the player will stay intrigued for days trying to get all of olimar's ship parts back and growing your pikmin population. The sequel improved on all of these problems, and it is a better game, but if you love nintendo, do yourself a favor and buy this game, and it's 2 sequels! Expand
  22. Jan 19, 2013
    One of the most magical experiences for the Gamecube, Pikmin offers gamers a wondrous world and great gameplay. Managing your Pikmin and time wisely, collecting your ship parts, and avoiding danger all at the same time offer a challenge that some may be turned off by. This game stands up to the title of one of Nintendo's great IP's.
  23. Dec 1, 2013
    One of the most creative games to appear in nintendo, hugely entertaining, challenging and beautiful.
    It is very funny to play. Sequels have been quite good but this first episode deserves the highest rate.

Saludos.
  24. LHy
    Oct 2, 2013
    A true masterpiece, this game will challenge you, hard. Play it, you won't regret a single second. I would of given this game a 10 if it had not been for the tight stiffness of the controls, other than that, beautiful game, thanks Nintendo!
  25. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. Why I give it a 8? Because, you are on a time limit. Even though its on a time limit, its still an amazing game! I suggest to get it, as long with Pikmin 2, and as long with Pikmin 3, if you have a Wii U.
  26. May 24, 2016
    At first, this game got me confused. I look at it again to realize a tiny adventure is actually great to view but I'd probably get lost and get myself in a sticky situation if I played this in any platform.
  27. Mar 10, 2016
    This game is one of the better titles for the Nintendo Gamecube. I like its originality especially. While there are some annoying glitches they don't make the game unplayable in the slightest. My only complaint is that it's very short.
  28. Mar 14, 2016
    Great game, but a bit short. I've always loved the satisfying feeling of taking down the big enemies in these with such tiny little creatures. The music is peaceful, and the imminent 30 day countdown always gives a sense of urgency to gather up all the parts of your ship ASAP. The 3 Pikmin types provide you with allot of environmental puzzles (such 1 type being able to swim, while theGreat game, but a bit short. I've always loved the satisfying feeling of taking down the big enemies in these with such tiny little creatures. The music is peaceful, and the imminent 30 day countdown always gives a sense of urgency to gather up all the parts of your ship ASAP. The 3 Pikmin types provide you with allot of environmental puzzles (such 1 type being able to swim, while the other 2 types just drown) to make you strategise about how to get to certain areas without killing the majority of your army. Great fun! Expand
  29. Jul 21, 2016
    Pikmin is a series I adored from the start and for amazing and great reasons. The games never get old and are original and have great gameplay. But the second one IS better.
  30. Aug 12, 2017
    My favorite GCN game................................................................................................................................................

#3 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2001
#2 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2001

1. You feel like the most clever person on the planet when you're able to bring in three parts a day, slaughter a few frogs, and birth seventy Pikmin without breaking a sweat...what is there is enormously fun.
  2. netjak
    I was pleased to find that my six-year-old daughter had as much fun as I did playing the game. Although she became a bit frustrated at points (as I did) she still was able to manage to manipulate the pikmin the way she intended.
  3. Simply an addictive and adorable game that does a wonderful job evoking the same sense of wonder many of us first experienced on our childhood trips to Oz, Narnia, or Middle Earth.