7.9

1. Jun 19, 2011
    This is one of those games that I just plain hate, and really the gameplay isn't horrible. I have this sort of feeling about this game similar to that of the narrator of "The Tell-Tale Heart" towards the man with the hawk eye. Something about the graphics and music and repetitive battles really just annoy the crap out of me. It also could be that my brother loves this game and won't stopThis is one of those games that I just plain hate, and really the gameplay isn't horrible. I have this sort of feeling about this game similar to that of the narrator of "The Tell-Tale Heart" towards the man with the hawk eye. Something about the graphics and music and repetitive battles really just annoy the crap out of me. It also could be that my brother loves this game and won't stop playing it - and this really annoying music just keeps hammering into my head, and then when I try to turn off the volume I still see those annoying graphics. It's one thing to have the same thing happen over and over again with the gameplay (being the Pokemon battles, cuz I'm fine with it in other games), but something about this game pisses me off. Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2011
    The one huge and I mean huge flaw of this game is that its so difficult and unless you put a massive grind into training then you wont get any where in this game. A lot of wasted potential here.

1. Its presentation is well below par, and the battles quickly become repetitive, but there remains an oddly addictive spark beneath its problems.
    An announcer might have been nice, but at least we're spared any potentially awful voice performances. You'll get more out of the game if you can get your GBA in on the action, but the mini-RPG isn't a bad addition.
  3. Just like the handheld Pokemon games, the graphics seem to be underdeveloped and the gameplay focus is really on catching, raising, and battling with the assorted critters, overshadowing the characters and story rather than supporting them. [Mar 2004, p.59]