Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc GameCube

8.5

1. Jan 2, 2017
    Gonna say this right now: I LOVE this game. The cartoony graphic that make it look like a 3D looney tunes, the great soundtrack that makes you want to finish the game, the variety in levels. And the witty dialogue is...well...DELICIOUS. my favorite line is when Globox says "you were nicer in Rayman 2" as I punch the poor guy in the belly. My only nitpick would be that the Teensie HighwayGonna say this right now: I LOVE this game. The cartoony graphic that make it look like a 3D looney tunes, the great soundtrack that makes you want to finish the game, the variety in levels. And the witty dialogue is...well...DELICIOUS. my favorite line is when Globox says "you were nicer in Rayman 2" as I punch the poor guy in the belly. My only nitpick would be that the Teensie Highway levels in between levels can get a tad frustrating, but it's a fantastic game nonetheless. Just keep in mind that it ain't no Banjo-Kazooie Expand
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    Absolutely great game. Great bosses, minigames and music. The graphics aren't amazing obviously but the art direction is great. Really really fun, a true classic.
  3. Oct 4, 2011
    One of the best 3D platformers i have ever played.
    One of the best 3D platformers i have ever played.
    The game was super fun and the graphics looked FANTASTIC.I´m glad they brought back using punches instead of throwing lums,the new powerups are a nice touch and a welcomed change to the gameplay and the platforming is as good as it has always been.The story was very nice,André the Black Lum starts turning all the red lums to Hoodlums(A.K.A. More black lums) and Rayman has to stop them.Globox accidentally swallows André and Rayman helps him get to a doctor to get André out and stop him from taking over the world.The humor was really good too,it made me laugh and made me chuckle at times.One thing that kinda annoyed me was that it was kinda easier than the other 2 previous games but it still was challenging and also the game is kinda short and you will beat it in a day or less.Overall,the game was fantastic it´s just kinda short,it´s really underrated and you should get it if you come across it.
  4. SirT.
    Feb 8, 2004
    Incredible attention to detail, great variety, lots of challenges and humor, and just lots of fun to play. I was sorry when it was over.

#57 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#20 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. I loved playing Rayman 3, its fun, colourful and very funny... Just don’t be expecting either a major leap forward for the platform game genre or a stiff challenge as its lacking in both.
  2. It's pretty, it's quite a challenge, and is loaded with rewards. But you'll quickly come to the conclusion that for all its charms, it doesn't offer enough new ideas, and that its competition is just too strong.
  3. Edge Magazine
    There's a certain amount of wit and flair evident throughout Hoodlum Havoc's cut-scenes, and there are certainly some very slick production values. The problem is that, in terms of raw enjoyment, the game is somehow underwhelming. [May 2003, p.104]