Resident Evil 4 GameCube

• Also On: PC
9.4

1. SebastianR.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Best game this year by far. people think that if the new zelda game comes out it will be the 2005 game of the year winner but there is no chance.
  2. LickerG.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The creator of the game damn! genuis this game is not ready yet to release in public it's a advance game this should be on 2007.
  3. Chris
    Feb 26, 2005
    This is probaly the best game (except for of course, ocarina of time) game I have ever played. The feel and and control are great, the sound and graphics are mind blowing and the story line is worthy of an oscar. The only thing I was disapointed in was the final boss battle and the lack of a strafe. Those are minor details. Do not wait for the ps2 version, buy a gamecube and buy this now!
  4. SebastianV.
    Feb 4, 2005
    It´s a great game!
  5. AaronB
    Feb 4, 2005
    Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep playing it until I get my bloodied hands on that infinite rocket launcher. It's really intense when playing in PROFESSIONAL MODE also. There is so much replayability that its makes me smile. It took me 34 hrs to play through the first time- well worth every penny. And then there's Legend of Zelda coming also - SAY NO MORE !!!! My cheeks are hurting from smiling for 34hrs. Expand
  6. Mikaila
    Feb 8, 2005
    Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and traditional "boo!" scares, RE4 skews to a more visceral scare tactic: it will make you think that everything--including the castle curtains--is trying to kill you. The story is intriguing and will make you play throughout the whole game just to see how it all turns out; the ending has a lot of loose ends, but that's forgivable because it's obvious that Capcom wanted to leave room for a sequel (though I can't imagine how they can top this one). Really, every negative I can think of seems like nitpicking--this game is really that good. Well worth getting a Gamecube for. Expand
  7. SolidSnake
    Feb 8, 2005
    This is the best resident evil game in the whole f....in world!!!!!
  8. FabioG.
    Mar 1, 2005
    E um jogo espetacular nuca vi nada igual.
  9. Der
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game is amazing. where else can you find such a combination of game play, atmosphere, and controls? yeah, it's got some scare moments, but those are because the game genuinely takes the player in, not because it insults your ego to jump.
  10. GanadosP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    My freinds: we are in the future.
  11. PatL.
    Mar 8, 2005
    Amazing, graphics, story, action. The only slight, tiny problem was the stop and shoot, but that wasn't a big deal.
  12. ShravanM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game has made me a resident evil fan. I thought resident evil 4 would disappoint like the other recent RE games. I was so wrong, it astounds me now.
  13. AndrewS.
    Apr 11, 2005
    It's simply the best game that i've ever seen and played! Great great great!!! Amazing under any point of view! History of video gaming pass through this game!
  14. TimothyC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I bought this for my GF and she loves it, and so she told me about it and I play it at her house and its an awesome game, I see nothing wrong with it, its challenging, kinda hair raising, and very interesting.
  15. AbrahamI.
    Apr 14, 2005
    Cause it has really sick graphics and its really fun to play.
  16. J.D.Wells
    Apr 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like they have depth. But the gameplay, bosses and innovative new way to play makes it high on my list. Not better than RE 1 just different in my opinion. FYI, for those who play it smart, like me, the lack of an unending box to put quipment in is annoying. I overflowed through most of the game and had to sell a lot when I wish I didn't have to. Expand
  17. Dakidski
    Apr 2, 2005
    I HATE THIS GAME! After playing it, there is no reason to play other games at all... All other games are obsolete.
  18. Afrodude
    Apr 30, 2005
    Keeps you on the edge of your seat for hours.
  19. BrianD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    This is the best game made in the last 6 years.
  20. MichaelE.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Best game on Gamecube. Leon is the perfect agent for this mission.
  21. MarkS.
    May 13, 2005
    Teh pwner game ever!
  22. RobbyF.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Best game ever !!!!! (But what about the poor zombies who are now j jobless)
  23. JonD.
    Jun 8, 2005
    One of the best games for gamecube. The graphics are great and the gameplay is so much better than the other resident evil games.
  24. TommyC.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome game! If you're a gamecube owner and you're caught without this game, I will personally hunt you down and force you to get it. This is one of the best games IMO to ever exist, superb graphics, gameplay, and expansion to the Resident Evil series plot, what more do you want? Good move, Capcom.
  25. ChristianF.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Quite simply the best Resident Evil game, and therefore the best horror game ever made. I'm on my 4th round and it stil captivates. Gives the Gamecube a credibility Mario could only dream of.
  26. CrimsonH.
    Jul 5, 2005
    "I mean how many games are there with a guy with a potato sack over his head and has a chainsaw." - AJ Marsden haha so true. i could go on forever describing how DAMN GOOD this game is but instead i'll just use one word to describe it... "Masterpiece"
  27. AlexW.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Wow... just wow... this game is ****ign awesome!! i loved it, the bosses are great... wow.
  28. MichaelD.
    Sep 6, 2005
    This is the best game ever made!!!
  29. SpencerH.
    Nov 8, 2006
    This game is superb, an excellent example of what a truly great game is.
  30. Derek
    Dec 24, 2006
    After 5 years of hard work, Capcom releases Resident Evil 4, the anticipated sequel towards the series. But this game takes the series in a whole new direction. It doesn't matter if you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan or never played any Resident Evil game before. This is a hardcore, blood pumping, action packed game and if you can stomach the bloody gore, this will be one of the After 5 years of hard work, Capcom releases Resident Evil 4, the anticipated sequel towards the series. But this game takes the series in a whole new direction. It doesn't matter if you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan or never played any Resident Evil game before. This is a hardcore, blood pumping, action packed game and if you can stomach the bloody gore, this will be one of the best games you have ever played in your entire life. Leon Scott Kennedy, a wise-cracking government agent from Resident Evil 2 goes to a mysterious island where the president's daughter, Ashley, is being held captive. As he goes there, he meets people who have the urge to kill foreigners, but seem like they don't have a mind of their own. Though they are not zombies and there are no zombies in this game, these enemies are twice as intellegent as those rusted zombies. That brings me to my next point. The enemies are extremely intellegent and it's really hard to look and them and say someone programmed them. The enemies carry plenty of weapons such as spears, axes, pitchforks, dynamites, scythes, swords, chainsaws, miniguns, They can sidestep and change their speed level to make themselves unpredictible to the player. The enemies have a wide range of diologue and can think on their feet as well as counteract against many of the things your player does. Many of you may question why this was given a 10. Simply because it is perfect. It has everything a person could ever want in a shooting game. The weapon arsenal includes many things such as Hand Grenades, Flash Grenades, Handguns, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Magnums, Combat Knives, Chigaco Typewriter, Rocket Launchers, TMP's, and plenty more. The controls of this shooter are refined for the better. You aim with the right trigger and shoot with the X,A button. You sprint with the Square,B button and pull out your knife with the left trigger. The Triangle,Y button lets you edit your inventory. The controls may seem a bit clunky at first, but when adapted, these will be the best controls possible. The save points in this game are frequent and no matter where you are, there is always a save point available for you. The game knows exactly what items and how much items to give you at what time. In this game, your object is to protect Ashley, so making sure she doesn't get killed while playing this game will make circumstances tougher. The gameplay differs from many other cookie cutter shooters. You store guns, but it's size, not by it's quantity. Resident Evil 4 uses laser point precision target aiming to aim for enemies. The puzzles are challenging and are a nice break from shooting and button mashing scence are great to get the adreneline flowing. This game is not to hard or not to easy, but you can always set a challenge for yourself. There are two versions (Gamecube and Playstation 2). Playstation 2 has 2 new guns, a brand new set of costumes, and another mini-game. The Gamecube has better detailed and higher defenition graphics and lower loading times. Take your pick, but Gamecube really has what matters. This is a game which will never get old and will be fun to beat at least 3-10 times. There are mini-games to play and things to unlock. People have been debating about the lack of multiplayer or online play, but the game is fine how it is and 50+ hours of single play is better than a couple hours of multiplay. In this game you will raid castles, defeat giants, burst villagers, explore islands, and do countless other things. You may be skeptical about all the hype this game has been receiving, but go ahead and buy this copy if you want a nice action thrill to get your day going. This is a game which will leave a giant dent in the current generation and even if that dent fades, the dent will always be there. Expand
  31. NikolaosL.
    Feb 2, 2006
    I think that of most of these people who rated this game with something less than a zero, no one has a Game Cube. The game is brilliant and it is a shame that capcom does not continue the Nintendo / Capcom inclusive deal. Many games then would be better!
  32. LeonK.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Perfect game.
  33. ArthurJ.
    Mar 4, 2006
    This Is one of the most action-packed Resident evil Games Out there. I love the Bosses and the Weapons and the whole story itself.
  34. RandyM.
    Jul 17, 2006
    Resident Evil 4.....wow. This is the game that got me into the horror genre. I love getting scared now. This is the first horror game I picked up. And I loved it. This game is frighteningly spectacular. With simple controls, insane boss fights, and very clever enemies. This game is a true masterpiece and cannot be missed.
  35. RyanD.
    Jul 30, 2006
    Resident Evil 4 is the best game i have played for a while. Personally i think you should make them as scary as possible. example: (Cold Fear)the video game.
  36. AJPowell
    Aug 3, 2006
    WOW, in my opinion the greatest game ever made on any console. I love the action, the story, the sound, the graphics, everything! This game also has one of the greatest replay values ever. If you have a gamecube or playstation 2, you must own this game. Its worth every penny.
  37. JasonC.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Quite possibly the greatest video game ever. They took a franchise that was already great, changed almost everything, and it's better than ever. The interactive cut scenes are intense and a nice touch.
  38. ThomasK.
    Jul 2, 2007
    First I'ld like to point out that Pippin B. is the biggest idiot ever and that you don't need to reload when running because the guns reload quite fast and the enemies are usually slow. Also, who cares if he can do crazy flips, it's a game and it just makes it more exciting!
  39. ZohaibA.
    Jul 30, 2007
    This is probably the only game i've played more than two times. One of the most fun games i've ever played and THE best (not the scariest) Resident Evil game. The action was very intense. However it wasn't that scary which disappointed me, but the gameplay made up for that.
  40. BenB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    A Masterpiece of the video game genre. A must have for any fan.
  41. DavidV.
    Sep 30, 2007
    By far the best video game for Gamecube I've played. It was exciting, addictive, and extremely fun.
  42. xmywong
    Feb 26, 2009
    The original Resident Evil was a landmark for the Survival Horror genre. The game pretty much revolutionized and at the same time, perfected the mechanics and elements of the "scary" game experience. After all, nothing quite like a big corporation being behind what essentially throws a city into a zombie apocalypse. After a stellar remake of the original Resident Evil and a great prequel The original Resident Evil was a landmark for the Survival Horror genre. The game pretty much revolutionized and at the same time, perfected the mechanics and elements of the "scary" game experience. After all, nothing quite like a big corporation being behind what essentially throws a city into a zombie apocalypse. After a stellar remake of the original Resident Evil and a great prequel in Resident Evil Zero, Capcom decided to finally move forward with the series. And the way they did it was by getting back into the driver's seat and hitting the gas until they ran through every idea and gameplay element they could enhance and improve on. Resident Evil 4 looks, feels, and plays completely different from every game before it. Gone are the fixed camera angles and some clunky control issues, or the lack of really knowing where you're shooting. The new over the shoulder camera gives this a very nice perspective and surprisingly has no issues. Never did I have to use the right stick to get the camera under a little control as it followed me very well. Bravo, Capcom, bravo. The same basic mechanics of combat remain. You hold a button to run, and you hold another to raise your gun and shoot. This has been a hallmark of Resident Evil gameplay and it works better than ever with the new laser sight. You will be able to very accurately pinpoint wherever you'd like to shoot on the enemy, and they will respond accordingly. You can blast weapons out of their hands, take out their legs, or like usual, just pop off those heads. New to the franchise is a handy action button. Not only does this give you much more freedom in where you can go, but you will be very surprised at the lengths Capcom has taken this. You will be able to jump over fences, through windows, climb ladders, or knock them down as enemies are climbing. You can even push tables or shelves in front of doors and windows to barricade anything from coming through while you set up a fort. The perfection of gameplay here is just one aspect of what makes this game so brilliant. The setting is very different as well. Gone are the zombies and Umbrella Corporation. Resident Evil 4's plot surrounds Leon Kennedy (from Resident Evil 2) as an agent for the government sent to find the whereabouts of the president's missing daughter somewhere in Europe. What you're up against is far different from the slow moving, moaning zombies of previous games. These are humans, infected humans. They speak, they tell each other what to do (if you speak spanish, you'll actually know exactly what they're planning during attacks), they will run and chase after you, try to cut off where you're going, and carry weapons. The story behind Las Plagas (the parasite infecting them) becomes more and more interesting as you go on. What I enjoy most about Resident Evil 4 is change. Capcom has boldly changed the gameplay and it's better than it has ever been. What pairs up nicely with this is that the gameplay itself in the game changes as well. You will come across new weapons and have the option to upgrade them, you'll have various approaches in boss fights, there is another companion you'll get mid-way through the game and will have to protect. It's all very well done and they certainly kept this from being a game where you just walk from level to level and shoot everything in sight. Especially with the added game modes. Not only can you go through multiple completions with your old weapons, but after completing the game players will be able to play the Assignment Ada and Mercenaries modes. Assignment Ada puts you in Ada Wong's perspective throughout the story. You will have to carry out her tasks and it's very well done. Mercenaries is the really big fish here though. It's essentially a Survival Mode, but with a slew of different characters (all with different weapons and abilities) to play as. On four different locations, your job is to get the highest score possible in the allotted time. Scattered (and sometimes hidden) across the levels will be health and time pickups for you to attempt to keep the carnage going for insane amounts of time. Resident Evil 4's main story mode is good enough, but this is just tasty frosting atop a delicious cake. After all my experiences with Capcom and their games, I have always found it a little annoying how they will release quick sequels with small changes to the gameplay. They will maintain quality, but Resident Evil 4 is proof that change is not only good, but it can sometimes lead to the single best entry in the series. Expand
  43. RicardoP
    Jan 11, 2010
    Resident Evil 4 is an Evolution of the Series, but ultimately not an evolution to Survival Horror, sure the games is a solid 10 -- revolutionary and awesome but horror elements in the game started to go downfalll in this entry (compared to the old ones of course), nevertheless a 25 hour rush videogame greatness!
  44. JoshK.
    Jan 11, 2005
    This is no exceptional... a brilliant, magnificent, a truly remarkable masterpiece. Do not get me wrong... it's a classic. CAPCOM and Shinji Mikami-san have created a game that will capture the image of realization. Hideo Kojima... you may have to be lectured by Mikami.
  45. RobC.
    Jan 11, 2005
    Yes! The best survival horror to date. All new system actually make encounters more enjoyable. Follow up well to RE 1-3 and it is cool to see characters from the previous REs.
  46. SaketR.
    Jan 11, 2005
    Resident Evil 4 is the penultimate gaming pinnacle witnessed this generation. For all the Xbox's and PS2's great games, Resident Evil 4 outsts them without much bother. Truly a genre defining game with more substance than Hype... now thats something to be proud of.
  47. ZachL.
    Jan 11, 2005
    If this doesn't get nintendo some serious sales, then something is wrong with this world.
  48. KevinY.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is amazing. It literaly scared the crap out of me. I'm not kidding I had to change my underwear twice while playing this game. Great action, great story, great weapons, great game. Buy it now! Go! Buy it insted of reading this usless review by some crazied freak!
  49. TerryR.
    Jan 10, 2005
    AMazing...How can they do this on Gamecube! i'm blown away....its simple...no questions...just go get this game!
  50. Robertortiz
    Oct 11, 2005
    This is the hottest game on gamecube and i didnt even beat the second disk.
  51. NenJ.
    Nov 10, 2005
    PERFECT!!!
  52. HolyCrap
    Holy Crap!
  53. JoeyDeA.
    Jan 12, 2005
    One of the few games this gen to actually surpass my expectations. It's right above Ninja Gaiden as the best action game I've ever played. It destroys every other RE. Good God, this game is almost TOO good.
  54. RE4
    Jan 12, 2005
    Great game!!! Best game in series!!! Only complaint are controls, there should be a strafe button, or something like that. Other then that, Awesome!!!
  55. VerbalKinch
    Jan 12, 2005
    This game trumps all for this generation of interactive entertainment for production quality and finally makes RE relevant again. I dare you to encounter the chainsaw guy in close quarters with no upgrades to the basic handgun. The immersion is amazing. It has some of the best elements of gaming dating back to atari. If this game had come sooner in the GameCube lifespan, its no doubt it This game trumps all for this generation of interactive entertainment for production quality and finally makes RE relevant again. I dare you to encounter the chainsaw guy in close quarters with no upgrades to the basic handgun. The immersion is amazing. It has some of the best elements of gaming dating back to atari. If this game had come sooner in the GameCube lifespan, its no doubt it would be a stronger console contender. You can have the best game on the market and the console for Sony and Microsoft's price point. This is the best time to be a gamer with multiple consoles. Nintendo has been down but not out. RE4 has all of the polish of Kojima's METAL GEAR and the gameplay depth of Microsofts's HALO. If only there was the sense of free roaming akin to Rockstar's GTA series. My only qualms are linear gameplay and only semi interactive environments. But those are minor, nine out of ten easy. Expand
  56. LeroyJ.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Easily the best in the series and one of the most entertaining and exciting games in years.
  57. LeoO.
    Jan 13, 2005
    in my opinion this is the best game to come out in the past few years, i was a little disappointed in halo 2,and gta san andreas is just the same old game with tons of extras,re 4 simply blew me away,i havent been so excited about a game in a long time, every change made in the series was done so well,by getting rid of zombies,i used to just run past the zombies,but now the villagers will in my opinion this is the best game to come out in the past few years, i was a little disappointed in halo 2,and gta san andreas is just the same old game with tons of extras,re 4 simply blew me away,i havent been so excited about a game in a long time, every change made in the series was done so well,by getting rid of zombies,i used to just run past the zombies,but now the villagers will literally chase you down if you run,ammo is far more plentiful,more weapons,upgrades,and a sniper rifle!!!. if you dont get this game you will be missing a great gaming experience. Expand
  58. AlexK.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Loving this game...
  59. Al
    Jan 14, 2005
    HOLY BLEEEP!!! This game is outstanding.
  60. BrianM.
    Jan 15, 2005
    WOW, is simply an understatment. I love this game,getting my head cut off by a chainsaw bearing freak, thats worth $50.
  61. EricA.
    Jan 15, 2005
    A completely new direction for the series, and an amazing one at that. There isn't a thing from the old games that hasn't been improved or completely redone. This game is not only an example of the evolution of survival horror games but an example of the evolution of gaming as a whole. One of the best games ever made, and a must own for any who consider themself a true gamer.
  62. StephenP.
    Jan 16, 2005
    This game is amazing. I wasn't planning on buying it because the story line sounded lame, but as soon as i read some reviews and bought it i realized that it might be the best resident evil yet. must have for RE fans.
  63. BrianW
    Jan 17, 2005
    This game is flat out, the most entertaining game i've ever played in my recent life. I cannot remember the last time I was so glued to any game on any platform. BELIEVE the hype, this is the best game i've ever created.
  64. Mr.Trey
    Jan 17, 2005
    This game is simply amazing. There was so much hype I was somewhat worried if it would be demeaned by all the publicity (i.e. halo 2). It acctually blew my mind more than I had expected. When I first saw the screen shots I thought, "Those don't look THAT great." Then, I played the game and everything changed. I can't believe it looks that good ALL the time. I noticed some This game is simply amazing. There was so much hype I was somewhat worried if it would be demeaned by all the publicity (i.e. halo 2). It acctually blew my mind more than I had expected. When I first saw the screen shots I thought, "Those don't look THAT great." Then, I played the game and everything changed. I can't believe it looks that good ALL the time. I noticed some critics didn't really enjoy the story. Maybe it's not your critque, but I always liked the story line, even if it does get a bit lengthy, some games are so great action and playing wise the story isn't as important (i.e. devil may cry). Probably my favorite part is the fact you can aim at your enemies, even if there are about oh 5 coming at you at once and all you have is a pistol. It adds a new level of strategy of play, and the creepy part is they start to predict your moves if you do one thing too much, like shooting their heads out everytime will eventually lead them to duck out of the way. While there are a few small problems like no strafing, the cinematic view making it somewhat small for my TV, and the same villagers designs, they are so sparse and trivial that it doesn't hurt the gameplay. I think that there are 4 major games for every big system (xbox, ps2, pc, and gcn). They are halo 2, gta:sa, half-life 2, and resident evil 4, respectively. Halo 2 definetly didn't live up to what I had heard, I enjoy the old goldeneye or perfect dark over that game. GTA:SA was very good, although some of the missions were just irritating to do. And I've never played Half-Life 2. But in my opinion, Resident Evil 4 is the best new game to get, and is currently 2nd in my favorite games of all time (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is 1st, what else?). Expand
  65. Paska_P.K.
    It's AWSOME!
  66. AriaR.
    Very Good Game.
  67. ChristianH.
    Jan 18, 2005
    There is nothing wrong with it. Everything is right.
  68. J-Dude
    Jan 18, 2005
    This game is amazing, it certainly is the best game I have ever played.
  69. AndrewLi
    Nov 8, 2005
    OMG!! This game is one of the best games I have for the Gamecube! This is a MUST HAVE. I pity everyone who doesnt' have it!!!
  70. HueJ.
    Jan 19, 2005
    RE4 kills the past RE games like a riot gun to a villagers head. The graphics are amazing and there aren't any hiccups during the game no matter the number of villagers on the screen. It would be nice to be able to change weapons on the fly though. Overall it's addictive and pleasing to the senses.
  71. AndyS.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Best game I have ever Played!
  72. ZeddicusZorander
    Jan 21, 2005
    On par with Half Life 2, without a doubt.
  73. JPRallito
    Jan 21, 2005
    Wow.. just wow. The only logical thought I have for you is just play the game.
  74. Nathdman
    Dec 17, 2005
    This is the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is a dramiatic improval over past RE games. The guns and bosses are amazing. I've beat it more than ten times. Before this game I just seen the Gamecube as a waste of money because of the poor game selection. But when I first got this i was blown away. This game did to the gamecube like God of War did for PS2 and Halo This is the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is a dramiatic improval over past RE games. The guns and bosses are amazing. I've beat it more than ten times. Before this game I just seen the Gamecube as a waste of money because of the poor game selection. But when I first got this i was blown away. This game did to the gamecube like God of War did for PS2 and Halo did for XBOX. I would buy a game cube just to get this game. Expand
  75. Ryencoke
    Jan 20, 2005
    The best Resident Evil Game to date. Breathtaking.
  76. JoeSchmoeI
    Jan 20, 2005
    Anyone reading this, believe the hype. Seriously, just rent it if you don't belive all of the 10's. The control, atmosphere, everything. And I dont even like Resident Evil games. Get it?
  77. Mortis316uk
    Jan 20, 2005
    A masterpiece and a reason to buy a GC.
  78. ShadeD.B.
    Jan 24, 2005
    Excellent game...love the shooting sound, love the enemies and bosses, love the camera angle,love this cut scenes,love the fact that we dont have crappy puzzles no more, extreamly well directed,the graphics are absouluetly the best .Its not easy to consider this game anything less then some of the best games ever created.... it makes you want to smack those who bragg over the hard work Excellent game...love the shooting sound, love the enemies and bosses, love the camera angle,love this cut scenes,love the fact that we dont have crappy puzzles no more, extreamly well directed,the graphics are absouluetly the best .Its not easy to consider this game anything less then some of the best games ever created.... it makes you want to smack those who bragg over the hard work put in to make hl2 or even Doom3 for that matter.... Geniously created. Expand
  79. B.ligirent
    Jan 26, 2005
    Best gamecube game.....up there with best console game....ever.Awesome graphics, engine, fun.
  80. RobertA.
    Jan 26, 2005
    Cha ching. JackPot. This game is won eerie fun ride. Other Resident Evil games will never be the same because of the great aiming system of RE4. The zombie-like people are everywhere in this one. Spooky blasting good time.
  81. SethJ.
    Oct 27, 2005
    RE4 was by far one of the best games i've evr played. All the other RE games are great, but none match up to RE4. This is the game that made the gamecube. The graphics were unbelieveable, the story line was great, and just the whole game was a very big success. I look forward to playing RE5.
  82. BrianS.
    Dec 7, 2005
    I bought a Gamecube just to play this game when it came out and it was well worth the cash :)
  83. WaylonC.
    Jan 28, 2005
    Best game for Gamecube so far. I'm now waiting for the ps2 version.
  84. DavidJ.
    Oct 28, 2005
    One of the greatest games of all time and the best of 05, a timeless classic.
  85. Salmon
    Jan 31, 2005
    I had no expectations at all when I first saw this game. I mean, yeah, it was eye-candy, but nothing more. With the game in my hand...it´s like butter melting in sunlight. I just can´t get enough of this game. I´m started my second round just after finishing my first one. Best graphical game this generation, 30 fps (some framedrops though), best sound over all Gamecube I had no expectations at all when I first saw this game. I mean, yeah, it was eye-candy, but nothing more. With the game in my hand...it´s like butter melting in sunlight. I just can´t get enough of this game. I´m started my second round just after finishing my first one. Best graphical game this generation, 30 fps (some framedrops though), best sound over all Gamecube games, the atmosphere is like WOW!, good control, some cheesy dialogs (but hey, it´s Resident Evil). This game is a great experience you don´t wanna miss, even if you´re a mainstream gamer. If you don´t own a Gamecube yet, just buy one...and most of your needs are now satisfied. Best overall game this generation. Expand
  86. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    The relentless action, compelling story, intuitive controls, and haunting environments, breathtaking graphics and detail make RE4 one of the most fun games I've ever played, and quite possibly one of the best games ever made, not to mention by far and away the coolest.
  87. GregorvichN.
    Oct 8, 2005
    C***s this game is and was awesome, i died at least 60 times between the start and end but still good, new version coming out with a plagas killing lazer>:) waiting for re5 make it as good please capcom!
  88. Dave
    Feb 12, 2005
    This is quite possibly the best action game ever made! Unique gamepay and non-stop white knuclke action. A must fro all Gamecube owners and Resident Evil fanatics. I played non stop for 3 days because I couldn't put the controller down. Awesome.
  89. TheDUDE
    Feb 14, 2005
    Without a shadow of a doubt, this is one of the finest pieces of artwork ever created. It has a unique feel, is fun to play, and will most likely never see an equal. This is why the hell we play games in the first place. Nice work CAPCOM!
  90. JoseLuis
    Feb 16, 2005
    Este juego es la polla que se jodan los de PS2 porque su consola s una cacafu, es coña porque yo tengo amigos usuarios de PS2 y ya me gustaria jugar en mi GC a los FF. Pues eso Visca España
  91. GOTTKENNER
    Feb 17, 2005
    This is a hell of a game and simply the best survival horror game i have ever played...buy it !!!! it´s unbeliveable.
  92. PascalC.
    Best ever!!!
  93. Dude
    Feb 17, 2005
    Awesome game it may not really be a survival horror game but it is sure a great action game.
  94. MAC
    Feb 17, 2005
    Espero que con este magnifico juego, Nintendo promueva mas juegos asi.
  95. NeMaNjA!D.!
    Feb 18, 2005
    Resident evil is the best action horor game. in this world!!!
  96. JesseL.
    Feb 19, 2005
    This is the best R.E. game and I played all of them. But hey that's Just my opinion keep up the good story lines. one love your friend big jess.
  97. Gamegriller
    Feb 2, 2005
    Best game of its genre ever. Probably best Gamecube game until new Zelda. If this doesn't finally help Gamecube get some respect. Don't wait tne or more long months for a ps2 version which will inevitably look and probably feel inferior in some ways to this. Go get the GC version and be happy. Let this make you get a GC system, if you haven't already!
  98. John
    Feb 2, 2005
    Scared the crap out of me!!! Play this with the lights off and the sound up to get the best experience. Best game for the gamecube by far. It's not too difficult, but the story, graphics and gameplay make up for it. Must buy!
  99. JohnW.
    Awesome game!
  100. AVideoGameCritic
    Feb 7, 2005
    Resident Evil 4 is an awesome game. It is extremely fun, and it is very intense and cool. The graphics are amazing, the targeting system is perfect, the bosses are really cool, the voice acting is very good as well. Resident Evil 4 is a very impressive, intense action/adventure/horror game. So, why an 8 and not a 10? Well...it wasn't scary enough. I think more of the series's Resident Evil 4 is an awesome game. It is extremely fun, and it is very intense and cool. The graphics are amazing, the targeting system is perfect, the bosses are really cool, the voice acting is very good as well. Resident Evil 4 is a very impressive, intense action/adventure/horror game. So, why an 8 and not a 10? Well...it wasn't scary enough. I think more of the series's traditional jump-scares should have been included. Similarly, the plot wears a little thin, where it seems like all you constantly do is rescue Ashley from tough situations. The ending also left a little to be desired. The game is so explosive and action-packed, that it's surprising that it ends on a whimper rather than with a bang. Those flaws aside, though, Resident Evil 4 is highly recommended, and, with a stronger story, could have been perfect. Expand

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]