9.4

1. 4DI
    Nov 13, 2012
    an atmospheric and revolutionary game that surpasses every other game within the survival horror genre ti'll this day.
    My only complaint about RE4 is the lack of a quick select for weapons and items.(instead of pausing for the inventory)
    but it's all because of the gamecube controller's limitations.
    so
  2. Dec 30, 2010
    this is one of the few games that surpased the hype it had . i knew it was gona be great but wow not this damn great . this game was the only reason i bought a Gamecube and it was money well spent. the controls are solid and no more bad camera angles as it switches to the 3rd person mode . a great gun slection with upgradable guns . the action is top notch i mean i was grining ear to earthis is one of the few games that surpased the hype it had . i knew it was gona be great but wow not this damn great . this game was the only reason i bought a Gamecube and it was money well spent. the controls are solid and no more bad camera angles as it switches to the 3rd person mode . a great gun slection with upgradable guns . the action is top notch i mean i was grining ear to ear playing this game . i must have beatin this game around 100x since the day it came out and i will still pop it in from time to time and play it again. the boss fights simply put are EPIC and some of the best in gaming history . the only down side to this game is story wise its abit holey i felt some things like krouser and his past with leon where not explained well at all and the puzzle set up was way way easy it took no brains to figure them out. still though the thrill ride this game provides is second to none. Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    Best resident evil I've played. Action, suspense and thrilling scares and excitement all the way. Gritty and immersive, even the OTT bosses fights fit this amazingly atmospheric world that Capcom have built. Play this.
  4. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  5. Nov 30, 2013
    I know It's late to review this, but screw it: RE4 is both considered the "last" good resident evil, or the "first" fail in the franchise.

In my opinion, this is a great merge from both the original series and a new style, and simply because it has still the atmosphere of the first games, but without being too sluggish on the movement. Sure, it's more action packed and that wasn't what RE was about, but the monsters, the atmosphere, and the feeling was STILL similar to the original RE.

Few examples are the monsters, which are still some of the most scary and also varied monsters in the game (the Regeneradores are the creepiest ever), with maybe the ganados being not the usual sluggish zombie, but an intelligent one that can also use weapons...well the solution already came up: they are not zombies, but real people infected with the virus, and the fact that they can use weapons also means a bigger threat. Luckily they aren't the only monsters, or it would have been far worse, but they were creepy, very dangerous and, unlike zombies, they could easily reach you through ladders, doors, windows, everywhere.

Zombies wouldn't do that...except maybe a few (RE1?)

Second: the game has still a RE feel, and by feel I mean it's dark, dirty, gorey and very "gothic" in a way, and still gives you the impression of being trapped despite being in a very large village (if anything, only RE1 managed to get the dark and gothic feeling, while RE2 and RE3 tend to be more modern but gorey). Infact, newest installments fails on that because they don't use the same atmosphere (RE5 is set IN THE LIGHT, while RE6 is too modern, and also more action packed).

RE was about atmosphere, music, gore...and also tons of jumpscares: RE4 managed most of these components and added more action and more freedom of movement.

This is where a lot complain but, if I have to be honest, it feels good to be able to move more freely and to aim your shots.

I admit, I love the limited movements of the original games, but they were still pretty limited and frustrating, especially since most of the time you're supposed to be a soldier/cop, yet being unable to even aim your shots was kinda silly and so unnatural, and just aiming "up or down" wasn't enough(without mentioning being unable to move while aiming...although RE4 does that still).

In here, you actually got to aim specific parts and some enemies require aiming to be killed or some specific tactic that involve aiming in some parts (the previously mentioned Regeneradores are one) and it felt much more intringuing and involving like that. I'll still love how the original way is done, mostly for nostalgia moments, but RE4 still did some good improvements on the movements (minus some obvious exceptions).

In my opinion, this is the melting pot of the old and new RE: the old for its gothic (or just dark) atmosphere, and the new for better movements, more freedom of exploration, better controls and less constraints.

Of course I won't agree with some of the changes (being able to get ammo easily, selling stuff and etc), but I still think this is probably the last new/old RE we will ever get, as the newer games are going more for more action and less atmopshere.

Haters are gonna hate, but I think it's worth a check (maybe on other consoles, but this is the version I have).
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    A Masterpiece in gaming , Capcom I salute you for this amazing game.I have never been through a 1 player game so many times , Would love something like this to turn up again with a new look, story and multiplayer online.but nevermind i can safely say this hasn't been beaten yet in my honest opinnion:) Bar zelda ofcourse ,ocarina of time :) 10/10
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    a masterpiece of the resident evil franchise
    a masterpiece of nintendo and capcom
    an innovative game of action and survival horror
    an excellent gameplay,an exciting story and the best...
    a brave hero
    LEON KENNEDY FOR SMASH BROS!!!!
  8. Dec 12, 2012
    J'ai adoré cet épisode; j'y rejoue encore de temps à autre et il est encore aujourd'hui excellent. Un must have que ce soit sur PS2 ou GC/wii surtout qu'il est possible de l'avoir a petit prix; bref foncez.
  9. Sep 20, 2011
    THE best action game of all-time. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10. Jun 28, 2011
    By far the best RES game to date, so much better than RES 5. A gripping and horrifying game that will keep you guessing to the end, crazy boss fights and graphics that astounded everyone at the time. Lots of guns to collect and upgrade. The new camera scheme is a great change to the series. One of the best game on the console, BUT the controls are a little awkward like you cant run andBy far the best RES game to date, so much better than RES 5. A gripping and horrifying game that will keep you guessing to the end, crazy boss fights and graphics that astounded everyone at the time. Lots of guns to collect and upgrade. The new camera scheme is a great change to the series. One of the best game on the console, BUT the controls are a little awkward like you cant run and shoot or reload while running but overall a great game. Expand
  11. May 27, 2011
    Ever changing environment, a unique storage system, and REAL action commands, RE4 has definitely been a trademark to horror games now. This game is surprisingly forgiving to even new players getting into RE (including me) when you first start off, as most would say you can die easily when playing the RE series.
  12. Feb 28, 2013
    As a survival game with an intense atmosphere and great graphics, the moment you put RE 4 in the console it sucks you in and let you forget time and space.
  13. Sep 10, 2011
    Resident Evil has never been a franchise I've been that interested in, except for this one, since I'd been seeing it on so many best games of the decade and GameCube lists so i got it a game store for 5 bucks and got home played it, and is now one of the best games I've ever played
  14. Jan 21, 2012
    I've completed this game 3 times since it first came out, and each time has been thoroughly enjoyable. See, it's one of those games that is so deep, so diverse in its environments, that you enjoy something new about it each time through. I remember the first time playing it thinking..ok...I bet it's about to end, only for it to continue on chapter after chapter. That's a good thingI've completed this game 3 times since it first came out, and each time has been thoroughly enjoyable. See, it's one of those games that is so deep, so diverse in its environments, that you enjoy something new about it each time through. I remember the first time playing it thinking..ok...I bet it's about to end, only for it to continue on chapter after chapter. That's a good thing because this is a great game!

The graphics are amazing for 2005 on the gamecube. The environments, as mentioned previously, are incredibly diverse. One scene you're outdoors in a rundown village and the next you're fighting your way through an enormous stone castle. It's a nice mix of creepy survival horror and traditional RE-style turret (stop and shoot) 3rd person shooter. There's plenty to kill alright, but you also have a fair share of puzzles to solve. I gave this a 10 but would, given the opportunity, score it a 9.8. Why shave the .2 points? Cheapness. As in, you are guaranteed to DIE a few times due surprise button-mashing combo sequences you don't see coming. First time thru without a walkthrough telling you what's coming up? Prepared to be frustrated a bit by this--and resign yourself to some cheap deaths. Outside of that, it should be a fun ride.
  15. Nov 11, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. Controls: I've noticed a lot of people complain about tank controls... well if the game didn't have tank controls it wouldn't be as scary, is operation raccoon city/ re6 scary? Horror: The game isn't completely horror but it has quite a few moments that satisfy. Regenerators, iron maidens, garradors, novistadors, most boss fights, those enemiesOne of the best games of all time. Controls: I've noticed a lot of people complain about tank controls... well if the game didn't have tank controls it wouldn't be as scary, is operation raccoon city/ re6 scary? Horror: The game isn't completely horror but it has quite a few moments that satisfy. Regenerators, iron maidens, garradors, novistadors, most boss fights, those enemies really do the job. On the other hand there are action moments, like the fight with krauser. These moments, even though they weren't horror, were really fun. Gameplay: The best thing about this game is the use of environments to take out enemies and the use of environments the enemies use to take you out. For example, you use ladders, doors, and explosive barrels on most enemies and bosses. On the other hand the enemies place bear traps in dark places, behind something to jump over, in tall grass, or in sand, they use high ground, they use giant boulders, etc. Speaking of boulders, QTE. This game is the perfect example of when it is appropriate to use QTE. QTE are used in CUTSCENES, and used sparingly in gameplay. The AI. A lot of people give Ashley crap, but her AI is better than any AI I have ever seen, maybe because her job is simple, but that's a good thing, whenever designers feel the need to add people to the combat aspect of gameplay, they fail. There are many examples of this across gaming. Halo ODST has invincible allies, sheva in re5 is a failure, the AI in re6 is a failure, it ruins the fun. Ashley will do exactly what you want to her do, hide, follow, wait. And that is all you need from her. She is an unarmed person, she can't fight, her role in the game is for YOU to protect her and if you complain about her dying then you just aren't playing the game good enough!

This game is quite possibly my favorite game of all time. It most definitely makes top 5.
  16. Sep 13, 2012
    One of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Survival horror at its very best. I must have beaten this one 50 times between all the systems and replays. The replayability is amazing with new game+. I enjoyed every playthrough of this game. I'm not sure how to explain it but the game is just fun every time. The first time through it also manages to be scary at certain parts due to theOne of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Survival horror at its very best. I must have beaten this one 50 times between all the systems and replays. The replayability is amazing with new game+. I enjoyed every playthrough of this game. I'm not sure how to explain it but the game is just fun every time. The first time through it also manages to be scary at certain parts due to the setting and the fear that you may not be able to handle the next group of enemies. If you keep replaying it you can go through with overpowered weapons and it becomes fun in a different way, more like an action game, its almost an entirely different experience on newgame+. All around AMAZING game, one of the best ever made of any genre. If you havent played it pick up RE4HD on 360 or PS3 market place, or pick up an old copy for whatever system you have lying around. Expand
  17. Jul 10, 2013
    honestly whoever gives this game anything lower than a seven is obviously blind when it comes to seeing what a great game is. this is one of the best games i have ever played.
  18. Mar 25, 2013
    While I have also played the PS2 & XBLA versions, I will review it based on the first version I played on the Gamecube. This game is the reason I bought a Gamecube. It was a step in the right direction a nd a very bold movie from Capcom. The action is good, the graphics are great, voice acting is fantastic (mostly.) RE4 manages to adapt a new approach and still remain loyal to it'SWhile I have also played the PS2 & XBLA versions, I will review it based on the first version I played on the Gamecube. This game is the reason I bought a Gamecube. It was a step in the right direction a nd a very bold movie from Capcom. The action is good, the graphics are great, voice acting is fantastic (mostly.) RE4 manages to adapt a new approach and still remain loyal to it'S survival horror roots. A truly remarkable game that is only slightly marred by annoying QTEs. But these aren't too often and do add a little to the atmosphere. Ashley is annoying as a companion and really only serves as a plot device. But she is likable at least. Overall: RE4 is a great game that marks the turning point in the franchise (and the genre as a whole.) Expand
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 was the rebirth and re imagining of a aging franchise. The controls are tight, the graphics are stunning even to this day, and the gameplay is addictive. It really is a spectacular game, full of excellent boss fights, a chilling atmosphere, and a pretty decent story (although the quick time events suck). It's definitely one of the best games on the GameCube. This game is aResident Evil 4 was the rebirth and re imagining of a aging franchise. The controls are tight, the graphics are stunning even to this day, and the gameplay is addictive. It really is a spectacular game, full of excellent boss fights, a chilling atmosphere, and a pretty decent story (although the quick time events suck). It's definitely one of the best games on the GameCube. This game is a bit overrated, but it's definitely worth your time.

9.4/10
  20. Jun 9, 2013
    Great premise, creative creature design, memorable deaths, creepy atmosphere and incredibly fun, precise mechanics, Resident Evil 4 was where Capcom took a risk with IP to only prevail, expanding survival horror into an area once thought of as incompatible: action. The potential for this to be a misstep was enormous, as exhibited with Resident Evil 6 the most in a sad copy of RE4'sGreat premise, creative creature design, memorable deaths, creepy atmosphere and incredibly fun, precise mechanics, Resident Evil 4 was where Capcom took a risk with IP to only prevail, expanding survival horror into an area once thought of as incompatible: action. The potential for this to be a misstep was enormous, as exhibited with Resident Evil 6 the most in a sad copy of RE4's success, but RE6 revolutionized the new field where it emerged, action, along with propelled the whole of survival horror into a new dimension of playability. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2013
    This game flawlessly redefined the genre without straying too far from its survival horror roots. When I look back at my childhood, this is definitely one of the games I instantly think about. There's such a great atmosphere, and it proves to be genuinely scary. The fact that you have a liability the entire time just makes the game that much harder and more enjoyable.
  22. Jul 9, 2014
    STILL, my favorite game of all time all these years later! I still turn on my old Gamecube just to play it. Incredible game, simply unbeatable. Any gamer who hasn't played this yet shouldn't consider themselves a gamer.
  23. GregM.
    Feb 3, 2005
    A stunning foray into a violent landscape where the typical and cliched enemies have been thrown out the window, to be replaced by ax and sickle wielding peasantfolk, all of whom hate you, and a group of mongering cult-members that murmur indecipherables as they crawl forward. By far the best game I have ever played on any console--it is, in parts, genuinely scary. The only significant A stunning foray into a violent landscape where the typical and cliched enemies have been thrown out the window, to be replaced by ax and sickle wielding peasantfolk, all of whom hate you, and a group of mongering cult-members that murmur indecipherables as they crawl forward. By far the best game I have ever played on any console--it is, in parts, genuinely scary. The only significant drawback is the writing, which is at times excruciatingly bad. Expand
  24. AthrunZ.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Bought it the day it was released and never stop playing it.
  25. AdamD.
    Mar 2, 2005
    Raises the bar in horror games.
  26. ShaunS.
    Apr 17, 2005
    If you buy this game you'll be sh.t scared.
  27. MatthewD.
    May 20, 2005
    This game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madmanThis game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madman was such a thrill to me. The boss fights were alot of fun and the extras after you beat the game are alot of fun as well, mercenaries mode was so annoying due to the fact that they keep coming, if you blink you get your head chopped off by chainsaw hags lol hehe. Of course like any other game there are graphical flaws, only minor and nothing to worry about but i did notice them, kinda funny actually. I sure hope capcom brings out a new resident evil soon or in the not to far distant future with the same gameplay elements and a brandnew story line of course that deals with leon again saving something from someone or a co-op mode for increased fun and playability lol Expand
  28. BrendanO.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game kicks vombie-creature-BUTT!!! It's the best console game out and it rocks! Seriously, the reply value is incredible. You can beat the game over and over and it never gets boring. You just have a blast pumping 100s of rounds into those....well...creatures. It's just a heck of a riot! BUY THIS GAME...it's the most fun you'll have on any console!
  29. TarikT.
    Jan 16, 2005
    The only bad thing about this game was the last cutscene. I would give it a 9.7 if it had that score on the reader review.
  30. WeskerC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    New, good and advance gameplay style which is attractive and never disapoint to RE fans.
  31. RayS.
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is the best resident evil ever. I don't think that there was one bad thing in it. I have to say this is the best horror/adventure game ever made. I think that it beats Halo 1 and 2. Nothing has ever been made so nice and beautiful as this. Thank you capcom for making such an adicting and wonderful game.
  32. ChrisS.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Quite astounding, and almost certainly the best game on GameCube. A non-stop thrill ride of epic proportions. A giant stride forwards for the survival-horror genre, and probably the best reinvention of an existing franchise ever seen. Up there with Halo and San Andreas as one of the defining moments of the current generation of consoles. Do not miss.
  33. MikeC.
    Oct 4, 2005
    It is the gretest resident evil game i've ever played
  34. EvanB.
    Jan 8, 2005
    Simply amazing. If you don't like gore, this is not the game for you. Otherwise, a masterpiece.
  35. DavidL.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Resident Evil 4 is the one game that can, and probably will, pull Nintendo back to the top.
  36. UematsuA.
    Feb 1, 2005
    CAPCOM's Resident Evil 4 has plenty to offer. First off, the story of the game. Leon S Kennedy is sent to Europe (somewhere in Spain), to rescue the president's daughter Ashley Gharam. In event, the villagers are acting strange. There are suprising characters. The return of Ada Wong, Krauser, Wesker... The game nearly takes 20 hours in your first round. After completing the CAPCOM's Resident Evil 4 has plenty to offer. First off, the story of the game. Leon S Kennedy is sent to Europe (somewhere in Spain), to rescue the president's daughter Ashley Gharam. In event, the villagers are acting strange. There are suprising characters. The return of Ada Wong, Krauser, Wesker... The game nearly takes 20 hours in your first round. After completing the game, you'll unlock two modes. Assignment Ada and The Merceneries. Great game. Expand
  37. RayU.
    Feb 2, 2005
    I think this is the most realisic Resident Evil game yet. It has all new features that many RE players have been wanting since the first one. The Story mode and the game interaction of the game itself is unbelieveable. The different ways your enemys manipulate and dodge bullets and other weapons makes RE4 that much more of the game we've been waiting for. Arguably the best game ever made.
  38. JoeP.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Best Resident Evil ever. With the new targeting it makes killing the zombies (well, they are not zombies) fun. The gameplay is 10 times funner and the game is not slow. You'll want to beat it in one seating. This is a must have.
  39. BanG.
    Mar 10, 2005
    This is easily my favorite game of this generation and it's very deep.
  40. Martin
    Mar 19, 2005
    Definitely top 3 best games I have ever played. Everything is great, the control, the graphics, the gameplay. Best game since Ocarina of Time, if not even better than that.
  41. TimS.
    Mar 28, 2005
    I thought this wus the best resident evil game out so far!!!!! graphics rule!
  42. BoboP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    Can't type for very long must play Resident Evil 4 ...
  43. DavidA.
    Mar 6, 2005
    Very cool, it stessed the hell out of me, I love the chainsaw guy in the beggining.I think there was no need to make it this bloody because some of the images are just nasty. But still in a way the blood adds a little more horror to the game. If you think this game sucks I think you need to see a doctor. I never thought there would be a game that was as good as the Prince of Persia Very cool, it stessed the hell out of me, I love the chainsaw guy in the beggining.I think there was no need to make it this bloody because some of the images are just nasty. But still in a way the blood adds a little more horror to the game. If you think this game sucks I think you need to see a doctor. I never thought there would be a game that was as good as the Prince of Persia collection but I was mistaken. Expand
  44. DarrenD.
    Mar 9, 2005
    I dont care what anyone say this game is better than halo 2 or gta san andreas.
  45. JustinS.
    Apr 4, 2005
    The this game was so amazing, the characters, the weapons, the levels, the bosses, and the items were all perfect, This is the best game of 2005, and even all time.
  46. JohnnieC.
    May 24, 2005
    This game is very good compaired to the other residentevils that there are I would say to the creators good job and keep up the good work and keep coming out with more and better resident evils for the madness never ends.
  47. EricM.
    May 3, 2005
    This is the best RE game i have played. I think all the changes made are for the best and hope there are future RE games that follow this game in every aspect.
  48. AliciaM.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This game was freakin' awesome. I jumped so much at the graphics and I wasn't even playing it!
  49. DanielF.
    Aug 8, 2005
    The graphics and cut-scenes are amazingly polished, and helps create a spooky atmosphere. Beter than Halo or GTA, and is fighting for Best Gamecube Game along with Metroid Prime!
  50. BrianR
    Sep 4, 2005
    This is the best game on the Gamecube BAR NONE, nothing is as overall spectacular as this game has proven to be. Way to go Capcom!
  51. DavidG.
    Mar 20, 2006
    I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from Half-Life. In terms of atmosphere, graphics, sounds, and control, I can't think of a more immersive game. My only complaint is Ashley. I hate games where you have to protect someone, but she's kind of important to the storyline. A recommended must-buy. Expand
  52. JonnyB.
    Jun 15, 2006
    If I could I would give this game a 20. This is my favorite game ever made. I didn't really care much for the old Resident Evil games but this one is great. I wish that there was a co-op mode though, my friend and I are always looking for fun multiplayers on the Game Cube. The Game Cube version is better than the PS2 version even though the PS2 version has extra stuff. If you have a If I could I would give this game a 20. This is my favorite game ever made. I didn't really care much for the old Resident Evil games but this one is great. I wish that there was a co-op mode though, my friend and I are always looking for fun multiplayers on the Game Cube. The Game Cube version is better than the PS2 version even though the PS2 version has extra stuff. If you have a G Cube and you don't have this game, you might as well not have a G Cube. Beat the game and then beat assignment Ada and save your money for the Chicago Typwriter is is freakn awesome! Expand
  53. BryanS.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Sexy, secret, female agents. More blood than an abattoir. Absurd dialogue. Glaring cultural inaccuracies. Leon's funny hair-cut. Parasites that somehow find their hosts in empty suits of armor. Outrageous storyline. Absurd impracticalities like a GIANT animated statue of Salazar that can run and crush buildings. Every one of these excesses does nothing but enhance the experience that Sexy, secret, female agents. More blood than an abattoir. Absurd dialogue. Glaring cultural inaccuracies. Leon's funny hair-cut. Parasites that somehow find their hosts in empty suits of armor. Outrageous storyline. Absurd impracticalities like a GIANT animated statue of Salazar that can run and crush buildings. Every one of these excesses does nothing but enhance the experience that is Resident Evil 4. Truly an awesome game. I smiled the entire time. Expand
  54. DaveH
    Dec 7, 2009
    Seriously, a masterpiece. I have the admit the storyline is not the best thing about this game (rescuing the president's daughter?) but the gameplay and the graphics are awesome. The main character Leon Kennedy is unarguably one the best protagonists in video games, alongside with Master Chief and Link. I wish to write more about this game in this short review, but if I started Seriously, a masterpiece. I have the admit the storyline is not the best thing about this game (rescuing the president's daughter?) but the gameplay and the graphics are awesome. The main character Leon Kennedy is unarguably one the best protagonists in video games, alongside with Master Chief and Link. I wish to write more about this game in this short review, but if I started taking it seriously, I'd end up writing a Yottabyte of data. Expand
  55. Residentevilnutreisawsome
    Sep 5, 2009
    RE4 the best in its siris.Capcom really did it out with this one. I am really the biggest fan of resident evil. resident evil will live on. (like michal jackson did) go resident evil and go capcom!
  56. IsaacS.
    Dec 10, 2004
    Tried the demo! WAS AMAZING. This game is going to rock!
    Jan 11, 2005
    Me and my friend just played this for 6.5 straight hours, and i can say right now that it has more scares in that amount of time than any game i have ever played. This is without question one of the best games ever.
  58. AB
    Jan 11, 2005
    This game is an amazing experience that all gamers should enjoy. It is the best Resident Evil to date. All the problems with the franchise have been fixed: no more horrid camera angles, no more ridiculous controls, and the environments are fully rendered. This is the best game since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and is arguably as good as Halo 2.
  59. TheGoatKeeper
    Jan 12, 2005
    What is LeroyB talking about Willis? This game is a proven hit.
  60. LordSpencer
    Jan 12, 2005
    Simply put, the best thing to grace the human race.
  61. KevinF.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Finally a developer uses the full potential of the GC. I don't have the platitudes to praise this game enough. It is perfect. You will want to hit pause and bring people in off the street to show them this amazing cutscene or that in-engine accomplishment. All the complaints about controls and linearity are silly - if you could strafe, then the game would be less frantic and scary. Finally a developer uses the full potential of the GC. I don't have the platitudes to praise this game enough. It is perfect. You will want to hit pause and bring people in off the street to show them this amazing cutscene or that in-engine accomplishment. All the complaints about controls and linearity are silly - if you could strafe, then the game would be less frantic and scary. Oddly enough, the direction the game goes in is more H.P. Lovecraft than anything else, which is refreshing and fun! Buy a GC, it's finally hitting its stride. Expand
  62. BosephusM.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Not only does this game wow technically and fix many preexisting RE faults, but it still retains many aspects of RE we know and love and is more frightening/entertaining than any recent horror movie. I haven't played a videogame till the early morning hours (4 am) in a LONG time, but RE4 is just that damn good.
  63. Dan
    Jan 13, 2005
    There are not words within my heart of hearts to describe the genius of this game. Please, for the love of God buy this. Best game on the Gamecube. Actually competes with Half-Life 2 for best game ever struck on disc.
  64. EsaK.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Well it's the best GameCube game that I have played so far(I never finished Metroid Prime). Only game of the Resident Evil series that I have finished. Maybe the best game ever. Absolutely fantastic.
  65. DanB.
    Jan 15, 2005
    Best game ever.
  66. EricH.
    Jan 16, 2005
    The story line is great, graphics and sound is by far the best ever made. Resident Evil 4 will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours after you put down the controller.
  67. NickT.
    Jan 16, 2005
    I new that this game was going to be extremely enjoyable no matter what, but never did I think it would be THIS freaking amazing. It is the most fun I have had playing a game in a VERY long time and blows many other games (including the entire RE series) out of the water. It must be seen to be believed. The pacing, graphics, gameplay mechanics, and bosses are some of the best I have seen I new that this game was going to be extremely enjoyable no matter what, but never did I think it would be THIS freaking amazing. It is the most fun I have had playing a game in a VERY long time and blows many other games (including the entire RE series) out of the water. It must be seen to be believed. The pacing, graphics, gameplay mechanics, and bosses are some of the best I have seen in any game. I'd go as far to say that this is one of the best games of our console generation. It simply should not be missed. PLAY IT NOW!!! Expand
  68. TylerA.
    Nov 9, 2005
    This is the best GameCube game I have ever played. I got this game expecting it to be scary, it isn't but that was good because I was worried about how scary it would be. It has good sound, graphics, gameplay and Its difficult varies which is good. Better than Metroid Prime.
  69. JohnMalkovich
    Jan 21, 2005
    I cannot believe this game is this damn good, I hated the other Resident Evils! UNBELIAVABLE.
  70. ArmandoT.
    Jan 20, 2005
    The best resident evil so far.
  71. AngelDeJ.
    This game is Amazing!!!! Super Great!! Excellent graphics!! A+
  72. CanliC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    Greatest game that I've never seen until today. Very hard and very good.
  73. MalachiTheAngel
    Jan 24, 2005
    Wow! I was hoping RE4 would be good but I never expect it to be this good. Not only does it beat out RE2 as my favorite chapter in the series but it beats out every game released last year (shame it didn't come out two weeks earlier as it would have got GOTY) and every other 3rd person action game around. The gameplay is simply fantastic, taking the best parts of Resident Evil, The Wow! I was hoping RE4 would be good but I never expect it to be this good. Not only does it beat out RE2 as my favorite chapter in the series but it beats out every game released last year (shame it didn't come out two weeks earlier as it would have got GOTY) and every other 3rd person action game around. The gameplay is simply fantastic, taking the best parts of Resident Evil, The Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Solid 3 and combining them to make some extrodinary. This even tops Ninja Gaiden, my previous choice for the best action game around. This is worth getting even if you've never like Resident Evil games. It's worth getting a Gamecube for. After all the un-inspired sequels of last year, we have something that far exceedes expectations. BUY IT! Expand
  74. SPANTO
    Jan 26, 2005
    I cant stop playing this game! This could be the game that can bring up cube sales. Anyone who considers themselves a gamers should own and FINISH this game!
  75. RyanB.
    Jan 20, 2005
    This is the best game ever. Leroy go... You dont have taste in games.
  76. TristanL.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Unbelievably good. So good I'm playing it non-stop and I'm a complete coward. Not far left now...
  77. Leafball
    Jan 4, 2005
    Umm what do you want? this re4 game will rock with better graphics than the ps2 version . This game is the best graphics game on the Gamecube so far! the demo rocks a lot i cant stop playing it!
  78. ChrisC.
    Feb 1, 2005
    This is the best and most intense action game I have ever played!
  79. StephenC.
    Feb 10, 2005
    This game deserves a perfect 10 as it kicks maximum ass jumping through windows kicking zombies in the face what more can you ask for oh yeah you cant forget the main piont of the iz da BIG GUNZ oh yeah can it get any better.
  80. JoseK.
    Feb 16, 2005
    este juego es muy bueno, pero lo que no mem gusta es la portada NTSC la PAL esta mucho mas guapa, eso americanos os pasa por tenerlo antes, jejeje. Pues nada espero que la gente se de cuenta que la GC es muy buena consola y esta desaprovechada por los usuarios. Pues nadaamigos americanos comprad mas Cubes, good bye
  81. dgfaking
    Feb 1, 2005
    Finally, Capcom has decided to change the RE formula and the results are phenomenal. No word other than "unbelievable" can be used for the graphics. They're just about as good as those of "Doom 3" and close to those of "Half-Life 2." But the gameplay is way better than "Doom 3," which depends on the environment for scare tactics. "Resident Evil 4" uses AI and good controls (in an RE Finally, Capcom has decided to change the RE formula and the results are phenomenal. No word other than "unbelievable" can be used for the graphics. They're just about as good as those of "Doom 3" and close to those of "Half-Life 2." But the gameplay is way better than "Doom 3," which depends on the environment for scare tactics. "Resident Evil 4" uses AI and good controls (in an RE game, are you getting this?), which results in a more fun, yet terrorizing experience. Also, the bosses are amazing. The first boss is more intense than last bosses in most other games. Additionaly, the sound is excellent. Hearing the sounds of the villagers and some of the enemies later in the game is chilling. This is the best game on GameCube, and one of the best games of all time. Expand
  82. DaveF.
    Feb 21, 2005
    One of the best games I ever played. Definitely my favourite of game of 2005 ... and probably for years to come. Silent Hill may be scarier but when it comes to gameplay, storytelling, graphics and all the other things that makes a game great this little gem blows the competition out of the water. If this means Capcom means by re-invented they may re-invent whatever they like in the One of the best games I ever played. Definitely my favourite of game of 2005 ... and probably for years to come. Silent Hill may be scarier but when it comes to gameplay, storytelling, graphics and all the other things that makes a game great this little gem blows the competition out of the water. If this means Capcom means by re-invented they may re-invent whatever they like in the future :-) Together with Eternal Darkness (also on Gamecube) this will go in history as the greatest survival adventure games ever made in my opinion. Expand
  83. KevinH.
    Feb 20, 2005
    What can be more fun than having your head chopped of from an insane, chainsaw-bearing villager?
  84. SebastianR.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Best game this year by far. people think that if the new zelda game comes out it will be the 2005 game of the year winner but there is no chance.
  85. LickerG.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The creator of the game damn! genuis this game is not ready yet to release in public it's a advance game this should be on 2007.
  86. Chris
    Feb 26, 2005
    This is probaly the best game (except for of course, ocarina of time) game I have ever played. The feel and and control are great, the sound and graphics are mind blowing and the story line is worthy of an oscar. The only thing I was disapointed in was the final boss battle and the lack of a strafe. Those are minor details. Do not wait for the ps2 version, buy a gamecube and buy this now!
  87. SebastianV.
    Feb 4, 2005
    It´s a great game!
  88. AaronB
    Feb 4, 2005
    Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep playing it until I get my bloodied hands on that infinite rocket launcher. It's really intense when playing in PROFESSIONAL MODE also. There is so much replayability that its makes me smile. It took me 34 hrs to play through the first time- well worth every penny. And then there's Legend of Zelda coming also - SAY NO MORE !!!! My cheeks are hurting from smiling for 34hrs. Expand
  89. Mikaila
    Feb 8, 2005
    Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and traditional "boo!" scares, RE4 skews to a more visceral scare tactic: it will make you think that everything--including the castle curtains--is trying to kill you. The story is intriguing and will make you play throughout the whole game just to see how it all turns out; the ending has a lot of loose ends, but that's forgivable because it's obvious that Capcom wanted to leave room for a sequel (though I can't imagine how they can top this one). Really, every negative I can think of seems like nitpicking--this game is really that good. Well worth getting a Gamecube for. Expand
  90. SolidSnake
    Feb 8, 2005
    This is the best resident evil game in the whole f....in world!!!!!
  91. FabioG.
    Mar 1, 2005
    E um jogo espetacular nuca vi nada igual.
  92. Der
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game is amazing. where else can you find such a combination of game play, atmosphere, and controls? yeah, it's got some scare moments, but those are because the game genuinely takes the player in, not because it insults your ego to jump.
  93. GanadosP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    My freinds: we are in the future.
  94. PatL.
    Mar 8, 2005
    Amazing, graphics, story, action. The only slight, tiny problem was the stop and shoot, but that wasn't a big deal.
  95. ShravanM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game has made me a resident evil fan. I thought resident evil 4 would disappoint like the other recent RE games. I was so wrong, it astounds me now.
  96. AndrewS.
    Apr 11, 2005
    It's simply the best game that i've ever seen and played! Great great great!!! Amazing under any point of view! History of video gaming pass through this game!
  97. TimothyC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I bought this for my GF and she loves it, and so she told me about it and I play it at her house and its an awesome game, I see nothing wrong with it, its challenging, kinda hair raising, and very interesting.
  98. AbrahamI.
    Apr 14, 2005
    Cause it has really sick graphics and its really fun to play.
  99. J.D.Wells
    Apr 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like they have depth. But the gameplay, bosses and innovative new way to play makes it high on my list. Not better than RE 1 just different in my opinion. FYI, for those who play it smart, like me, the lack of an unending box to put quipment in is annoying. I overflowed through most of the game and had to sell a lot when I wish I didn't have to. Expand
  100. Dakidski
    Apr 2, 2005
    I HATE THIS GAME! After playing it, there is no reason to play other games at all... All other games are obsolete.

1. 10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]