Resident Evil 4 GameCube

• Also On: PC
9.4

1. KenM.
    Apr 27, 2006
    Amazing game for the Gamecube. Must have game!
  2. ShaneS.
    May 12, 2006
    Look folks. I'm one picky ass-gamer. Please don't confuse me with the legions of 12 year old kiddies rating all decent games a 10. Windwaker was short, and boring. Metroid Prime lacked the arcade feel of old metroid games and the bosses were way too easy. Pikmin 2 is a sad primitive clone of PC strategy games wrapped up in a cute little world. But RE4. Ahh RE4. Never in my life Look folks. I'm one picky ass-gamer. Please don't confuse me with the legions of 12 year old kiddies rating all decent games a 10. Windwaker was short, and boring. Metroid Prime lacked the arcade feel of old metroid games and the bosses were way too easy. Pikmin 2 is a sad primitive clone of PC strategy games wrapped up in a cute little world. But RE4. Ahh RE4. Never in my life have I seen context sensitive actions, FPS (only behind the back) gameplay, challenging boss battles, challenging unique varied enemies, and constant change of action blended together into such perfection!! Context sesitive actions are added at just the right time, to give a lifelike feel to the game. You can "check" many items in the game to get a eerie discription of what's going on. It addes gread atmosphere. The behind the back view is great. You can only shoot when standing still which means you cannot run from the zombies.. You have to kill them before they get to you!!! It makes for intense gameplay. The boss battles are all challenging and unique. From facing a berserk soldier gone mad, to spearing a giant salamander which being tugged along in a tny rowboat, to running for your life from Salazar's right hand man. The enemies are varied and challenging. Some enemies have crossbows and shoot from a long way off. Some pepper you with dynamite sticks. Some blow flames at your carnaval style. Some just run towards you with a chainsaw, and near invincability, some are blind with good hearing and the ablity to hack you to peices if they discover your location. Some sneak attack you from above, to hurl acid onto you. Some are invincable to all but the most careful avenues of attack. Oh the list goes on and on. Plus the mere zombies attack you en mass. It's not a FPS game at all. It's a game of crowd control. 10-30 enemies are all after you at once. They aim to corner you in and smother you. You must use your wits, and guns to keep them at bay. Merely shooting random enemies will only get your killed. You must outthink your zombie opponent's or simply die. Anyway in conclusion this one of the best games ever made. It stands right up there with Ocarina of Time, as one of the best. I'm not kidding you. I'm the world's most picky gamer and even I love it. Expand
    Jul 27, 2006
    Fantastic and addictive gameplay. Stunning sound and visuals, smart AI and a great new control system. RE4 is a must buy.
  4. AndrewC.
    Jan 10, 2007
    Generally, I'm opposed to games that are this gory, but taken in context, RE4 couldn't really be done any other way. The gameplay simply blows my mind (why can't all games be this intense and well-made?!?) and the attention to every little detail is fantastic. The boss fights are epic and wonderful, too, and the game is really authentically freaky. Be careful, though: this Generally, I'm opposed to games that are this gory, but taken in context, RE4 couldn't really be done any other way. The gameplay simply blows my mind (why can't all games be this intense and well-made?!?) and the attention to every little detail is fantastic. The boss fights are epic and wonderful, too, and the game is really authentically freaky. Be careful, though: this game is the very definition of the M rating. By the end of the game, you'll have decapitated countless mindless fiends (and you probably will have been decapitated, or mutilated, or crushed several times too) Language is minimal, though (what's up with the warning before the title screen?) and there's no sex or drugs. Most of the violence is aimed at inhuman beasts or possessed kind-of-humans. But still, nobody below 18 should even consider playing this game. For all those who meet that criterion ought to at least check RE4 out - it's simply stunning. Expand
  5. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    If you are looking for a masterpiece, this is the game. great control scheme, great graphics, great sound and a feeling of suspense which makes you feel you are in a really great horror-movie. buy it.
  6. J.Valliere
    Mar 23, 2007
    One of the best video games I've ever played. It was a great gaming experience that lasted much longer than previous RE games. I loved the new controls, the new inventory system, and the over-the-shoulder camera angles. I LOVED the use of actions in the midst of cut-screen movies; very innovative. My favorite RE game by far!
  7. SamG.
    Mar 25, 2007
    This game is the best game ever made to me, the other people that don't like this game pretty much does have no good taste in games. Now I can't wait for "Resident Evil 5".
  8. DannyT.
    May 14, 2007
    This game is so awesome! There are things that jump out of nowhere and scare the living crap out of ya but over all the game is worth a 10 because of its shooting style (not like the old 007 games lol) and story line.
  9. AlexA.
    Feb 27, 2008
    I would like to start by saying that all the other people who say the story is amazing are wrong. For me the story was awful and extremely repetitive, guy saves girl, guy attempts to return girl to her father, girl gets captured, guy saves girl etc. The reason i like this game is because the gameplay is amazing the controls are so simple a monkey could play it. I don't see anything I would like to start by saying that all the other people who say the story is amazing are wrong. For me the story was awful and extremely repetitive, guy saves girl, guy attempts to return girl to her father, girl gets captured, guy saves girl etc. The reason i like this game is because the gameplay is amazing the controls are so simple a monkey could play it. I don't see anything wrong with repetitive gameplay as long as its good gameplay. The boss battles are awesome, its not like most other games when you die you get pissed but in RE 4 if you die your like you son of a bitch and then you want to go back and beat it. The weapon upgrades were also a nice touch in most other games you can just by new better weapons rather than upgrading the ones you already have. All in all this is (despite it's annoying story line) one of the best games i have ever played. Expand
  10. XinhuaZ
    Sep 16, 2009
    I got about 25 hours to complete the best action-adventure game in history,and found it amazing to enjoy the horrible tour in the such a real game.i think its graphic is above all other games in history.real action and continuous plot makes it game of the year.strongly expecting the next generation in ps3 and xbox 360.i doubt if it will be any other games can match this game lah! the game I got about 25 hours to complete the best action-adventure game in history,and found it amazing to enjoy the horrible tour in the such a real game.i think its graphic is above all other games in history.real action and continuous plot makes it game of the year.strongly expecting the next generation in ps3 and xbox 360.i doubt if it will be any other games can match this game lah! the game contains so many things amazing enough to surprise me to continue the game and makes it fantastic!all the surroundings are so well difined that you think you are playing in the real world. Expand
  11. AlanD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    This is the best game ever, i have never played a Resident Evil game until 4. My friend has a gamecube, and he said that i shoul get it when it comes out on PS2, so i rented it, and i have concludet the this game kicks!
  12. SamD.
    Oct 12, 2005
    Easily one of the top 50 games ever, not to mention one of the top five shooters ever. best game on gc.
  13. PlixiKWhommings
    Jan 12, 2005
    The game just rocks!
  14. MattA.
    Jan 12, 2005
    I just played this game for the first time and it blew me away! The village part is like your playing a role in a movie and you actually get an adrenaline rush as you think on your feet about what to do. No zombies... not a problem anymore... these guys are doing just fine.
  15. JohnathanH.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Point blank... you need to buy this game. No Gamecube? Buy yourself one.
  16. BrendenC.
    Nov 30, 2005
    i say this game rules one for allt he enemys you can fight. two for all the weapons you can find buy and upgrade. and last of all it never gets boring nomatter how many times you play it. and every time you beat it and start over you can keep the weapons that you had when you finished.
  17. Mother
    Jan 13, 2005
    RE4 is unquestionably the best game on the market...all platforms...all years. Nothing touches this game. Nothing. Don't have a Gamecube yet? The time is NOW. RE4 awaits you, and it takes no prisoners. Believe me, the hype is real. 15 minutes into the game you'll be mashing the "pause" button on your controller to check your pulse. You have been warned.
  18. BuddyLove
    Jan 13, 2005
    WOW!!! This game could kick my friends out of my house.
  19. JoseQ.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Absolutely stunning, great atmosphere, pace of action is great, graphics are unequaled, and absolutely a blast to play.
  20. Tony
    Jan 15, 2005
    The controls blew me away, it is so fun and scary with good sound, and great graphics.
  21. TomC.
    Nov 6, 2005
    ... One who has a gamecube, and does not have this game within their collection is truly a disgrace to all those who have the system everywhere. This is truly the best game I've played in this console generation in terms of graphics, gameplay, sound, and everything... It's all there. If you are reading this comment and haven't purchase this game, run to the store RIGHT now.
  22. MickaP
    Jan 16, 2005
    Simply put... RE4 is the best video game I have ever played!
    Jan 16, 2005
    I had read the hype, and I didn't believe a game could be this good. I have beaten it one time and can say that this is the AB-SO-LUTE best game ever created. When the credits rolled I was upset because I wanted more; guess what, there IS more. I couldn't believe it when I saw two new game modes pop up AND a new difficulty AND a new costume for the normal game mode. Although I had read the hype, and I didn't believe a game could be this good. I have beaten it one time and can say that this is the AB-SO-LUTE best game ever created. When the credits rolled I was upset because I wanted more; guess what, there IS more. I couldn't believe it when I saw two new game modes pop up AND a new difficulty AND a new costume for the normal game mode. Although many have tried, there is no explaining how incredibly amazing this game is. I loved Ninja Gaiden. I thought no game on this generation of consoles would beat it. I was naive. Get RE4 now. Expand
  24. MahebruH.
    Jan 17, 2005
    An OUTSTANDING game. Saying it's the greatest game in the Resident Evil series is a modest, timid understatement that doesn't nearly describe the game's fun potency. It is, for certain, one of the greatest games of all time.
  25. Sam
    Jan 18, 2005
    A terrifying and gourgeous masterpiece. The plot is well done and the gameplay can be considered at the absouloute least amazing. The are times where the music is a bit odd, but that flaw is overseen. Like Prince of Persia The Warrior Within, it's a sequel taking the franchise to unexplored areas, and it does a damn well job at doing that. An even better thing is it will also come to A terrifying and gourgeous masterpiece. The plot is well done and the gameplay can be considered at the absouloute least amazing. The are times where the music is a bit odd, but that flaw is overseen. Like Prince of Persia The Warrior Within, it's a sequel taking the franchise to unexplored areas, and it does a damn well job at doing that. An even better thing is it will also come to the PS2 so PS2 owners, don't feel sad. Bravo Capcom, Bravo. Expand
  26. SeanD.
    Jan 18, 2005
    WOW! Just simply greatness here. Every flaw fixed, everything is so different but so great, the ability to but things, more space, more ammo, etc. etc. I never was a fan but if they keep makin em like these. I will keep buying them. WOW!
  27. Wingman47g
    Jan 21, 2005
    This game is the most exciting best looking and most crap your pantsmoments game.
  28. JustinDePadre
    Jan 21, 2005
    The best damn survival horor game ever! Best Console graphics to this date. Nuff said
  29. Jean-PierreD.
    Jan 21, 2005
    J'ai 28 ans et je m'intéresse depuis toujours au jeux vidéo depuis la superbe console colécovision. Qui aurait pensé que 20 ans plus tard, nous aurions droit a ce niveau de graphisme?? I'M speechless, this game is the most georgeous thing i've ever seen...
  30. MikeW.
    Jan 21, 2005
    Simply a masterpiece and a showcase for this generation.
  31. LuiggiR.
    Dec 13, 2005
    My all time favorite game. It wasabsolutely perfect in every way. Graphics, gameplay, and levels were perfectly done and choreographed. Capcom did excellent work for their fourth installment of this incredible series. Very addictive and insperational. A joy to play.
  32. WillL.
    Dec 14, 2005
    The best game of this generation. It immerses you in a world like no game has since Ocarina of Time.
  33. ZackO.
    Dec 29, 2005
    THIS is what video games are all about. This game, resident evil 4, is the premier piece of entertainment in the twenty first century. Games these days are about technological prowess and sophistication, and developers usually forget about the most important aspect of video games: FUN. This game returns to the roots of the essence of video games, a stunning adventure into a mystical THIS is what video games are all about. This game, resident evil 4, is the premier piece of entertainment in the twenty first century. Games these days are about technological prowess and sophistication, and developers usually forget about the most important aspect of video games: FUN. This game returns to the roots of the essence of video games, a stunning adventure into a mystical imaginary world where anything can happen. Forget about the amazing graphics. forget about the top-notch control and camera system. What makes this game the best game that i have ever played is the fact that it will not give you a breather, it will not relent in attacking your senses, and it will not stop being astoundingly FUN throughout the entire experience. There has to be at least 50 moments in this game where i say to myself "man, that was awesome" or "man, i gotta see what happens next". The moment you think you can put down your controller and take a deep breath after youve cleared an area and a cutscene comes up, you better think again buddy. Even the cinematics in this game require you to have your trigger finger ready, because you never know when the guy in the cutscene will throw a knife at your head in a split second, or when the giant monster youre talking to will try to eat you. Besides the save points, this game never stops attacking you. And even when you complete the lengthy adventure and you think its over, youve only scratched the surface. A ton of awesome extras appear after you complete the story mode the first time, and they will attract you to do it all over again. Superb. Expand
  34. LeslieT
    Oct 23, 2005
    IT IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!! no other game can beat it... its awesome you just need to play it no matter what kind of games you like its just awesome. it is by far the best game i have ever played trust me people you will love it
  35. PatK.
    Jan 24, 2005
    This game is the shisnaz. I love this game but u hav to put up wit the girl.
  36. KeeganB
    Oct 24, 2005
    This game is flawless. I have beat this game many times and gotten everything but yet I still play it now because the game is just so awesome, I really hope RE5 uses this exact style of gameplay again because this game is on my top3 best games ever list. If you died but had this game in your hand people would remember you as the guy that died holding the best game ever.
  37. Michelle
    Jan 24, 2005
    Simply put, if you're a fan of videogames, pick this one up. This is a genre-definer and then some. And to that guy below me who says it's too easy, well, the initial game's difficulty adjusts to your gameplay, so if you die a lot and your hit ratio's low, then of course you get an easier ride. It's that simple. Likewise, if you're like me and have only Simply put, if you're a fan of videogames, pick this one up. This is a genre-definer and then some. And to that guy below me who says it's too easy, well, the initial game's difficulty adjusts to your gameplay, so if you die a lot and your hit ratio's low, then of course you get an easier ride. It's that simple. Likewise, if you're like me and have only twelve deaths and 80% hit ratio, then it's a tough mother. But when you beat this game, it will leave you with a sense of accomplishment you don't get from other games. Expand
  38. TimH.
    Jan 25, 2005
    You really need to let yourself be killed in every horrible disgusting way in this game so you can see just how amazingly detailed and terrifying the creatures are.
  39. AlexC.
    Jan 25, 2005
    Best game ever good graphics and every thing.
  40. Blood
    Feb 18, 2005
    This is the best game ever. The gameplay is better than all other resident evils out there and the unlockable weapons are kick ass!
  41. BLajhB.
    Mar 18, 2005
    Very Cool!!! way to hard in some places.
  42. MariaL.
    Mar 22, 2005
    This game has spoiled me. Now nothing else I play seems to be as good; when I watch cutscenes in games now--even the best ones--they seem too jerky or unrealistic or too, well, un-interactive. When I play an FPS it doesn't give me the same satisfaction as blowing off a Ganado's head. When I look at character models in other games, they don't seem as impressive or as This game has spoiled me. Now nothing else I play seems to be as good; when I watch cutscenes in games now--even the best ones--they seem too jerky or unrealistic or too, well, un-interactive. When I play an FPS it doesn't give me the same satisfaction as blowing off a Ganado's head. When I look at character models in other games, they don't seem as impressive or as sufficient as they used to before I got my hands on RE4. This game is a revelation--the bosses are incredible (no mindless pump-them-full-of-lead-until-they-drop scenario here), the scenarios are breathtaking (from the first village assault to the cabin invasion to the first sniping mission to the mine cart ride), and the escort mission is actually fun (!). Nothing I've ever played before remotely compares to the RE4 final package. Thank you, RE4, for making me expect more out of video games from here onwards, no matter how unrealistic that may be. I have one concern, though: how is Capcom going to top this with RE5? Expand
  43. YousefR.
    Apr 11, 2005
    This is amazingly the best game i have ever seen in my whole life.The graphics are great, the story is amusing,and the zombies are wicked sick.This game is the only game that should come to mind for gamecube.The only thing i would say is bad is that the presidents daughter keeps talking, other than that this game is a no-brainer as they say.
  44. RaulC.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I´m a PS2 fan, I owned and loved my PS1, and if I´ve had to choose a second console, it sure would be the Xbox. But after I played RE4(I´m a huge RE fan too!), I must say, without a doubt, that this could easily the single, most complete, and incredible game experience on this console generation. Even compared with Halo2, MGS3, GTA San Andreas, GT4, all of this a 10 on I´m a PS2 fan, I owned and loved my PS1, and if I´ve had to choose a second console, it sure would be the Xbox. But after I played RE4(I´m a huge RE fan too!), I must say, without a doubt, that this could easily the single, most complete, and incredible game experience on this console generation. Even compared with Halo2, MGS3, GTA San Andreas, GT4, all of this a 10 on my list, RE4 would came on top, simply because instead of being an improvement of tried and tested gameplay scheme, this game came to revolutionize no only the RE series, but all the genre aswell. Throw in, if you like, the two PC gems of Doom 3 and the great above all Half Life 2, compare the years of development of both games with RE4, and it woul be still came on top in an overall, time-to-innovation package. For me, only HALO and GT3, would be as important for gameplay innovation on the current console generation, and both of them were a lot less polished than this. A masterpiece that should be enjoyed by everyone, even if you(like myself) don´t own a Gamecube, and even if you don´t want to do so, do yourself a favor, borrow a cube(like I did) and play this. I only hope that the PS2 version keeps all this greatness...(but don´t wait till then, play it now!) Expand
  45. TylerM.
    Apr 24, 2005
    This game has awsome grphics! I thought it would be the usual resident evil games before this 1. I was so very wrong. I have not played this game but it looks very nice and seems to handle pretty good.
  46. Mooshoo
    Apr 26, 2005
    This is the best game you will ever play. Game of the year.
  47. VincentV.
    May 14, 2005
    This is wit out a a doubt the best gamecube game I have ever played, Metroid Prime come close, but RE4 can't be beat. V.V.
  48. BenD.
    Jul 25, 2005
    As of now, this looks to be the best game of 2005. Zelda: Twilight Princess will need to be freakin' awsome if it hopes to beat this masterpiece.
  49. Zack
    Nov 21, 2006
    Truly spectacular. Blows away all other Resident Evil games. Easily the best game on PS2 or Gamecube. Just a few years ago I was convinced that my favorite game was and always would be Kingdom Hearts, and that nothing could be better. Then four years later...I played RE4. I couldn't deny the fact that this simply is the best game I've ever played. The Krauser fight alone was Truly spectacular. Blows away all other Resident Evil games. Easily the best game on PS2 or Gamecube. Just a few years ago I was convinced that my favorite game was and always would be Kingdom Hearts, and that nothing could be better. Then four years later...I played RE4. I couldn't deny the fact that this simply is the best game I've ever played. The Krauser fight alone was worth my money. The only flaw, or the closest thing to a flaw anyway, is that they sacrificed the whole element of fear (except for the regenerators, which are at least creepy) that RE used to have. The thing that took its place however is a new style of gaming that will easily be influencing games for years to come. It's already influenced the gameplay of MGS4, and it will be the first of many. I don't think any game will stand up to it until RE5. If you own a PS2 or GC and you don't buy this, you are a fool, plain and simple. Even if you aren't a fan of RE games, buy it anyway. It's won't be anything you expected. You can be sure of that. Expand
  50. TonyG.
    Jan 14, 2006
    100% ... 4 stars ... 2 thumbs up ... what ever you want to say ... to me, its 2 thumbs way up in the air, with 1 disc on each thumb and its resident evil 4 stars 100%. !!! way ahead of it's time ... capcom went in the right direction in this series. stopped a series from dying. this was their last chance, and came back the champ of all. Bravo capcom ... Bravo!! would love to see 5 a.s.a.p.
  51. I.Lynch
    Mar 25, 2006
    this game shouldnt be called resident evil, it's so completly different from the others. but its definatly the best. and pretty damn scary too, watch out for those regenerators!
  52. MarkL.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This game is completely different to any previous Resident Evil games and is all the better because of it. The incredibly simple control system is a joy to use, the graphics are excellent and it's just really great fun.
  53. BrooksG.
    Apr 17, 2006
    RE4 is the best friggin game ive ever played,i mean them not being dumb friggin zombies,but smarter and stronger villagers and awesome bosses.Point is,the game is flawless,beautiful graphics,awesome ai,and 3rd person views.if u have a ps2 or gamecube,i suggest u try this game out.
  54. JoseA.
    Apr 26, 2006
    I have never been so entertained by a video game(Trust me i've played them all) in my whole life. This is in my opinion the best game of all time.
  55. JamieP.
    Aug 29, 2006
    The absolute greatest game ever.
  56. DaveC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Resident Evil 4 is THE best game i have played for any system yet. Although i dont have an xbox 360, PS3 or Wii yet. I am sure Resident Evil 4 will always be regarded as the game that gave life back to the series. If you played a Resident Evil in the past and didnt like it try out this game. It WILL change your views on the series. I can't stop playing it! From the amazing graphics Resident Evil 4 is THE best game i have played for any system yet. Although i dont have an xbox 360, PS3 or Wii yet. I am sure Resident Evil 4 will always be regarded as the game that gave life back to the series. If you played a Resident Evil in the past and didnt like it try out this game. It WILL change your views on the series. I can't stop playing it! From the amazing graphics and sounds to the story. Play the greatest survival horror game of all time and the one that re-invented them forever. Expand
  57. ThomasB.
    Jun 23, 2007
    Yes, RE fans, the time has come. RE4 delivers an incredible and frightening experience, filled with gory action, a lengthy story mode, and enough extra features to keep you up all night--keep the lights off and admire the gorgeous graphics and stunning sound, all the while crapping your pants with fear and anticipation. This is one game you can NOT miss out on.
  58. TomG.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Hands down the best GameCube game. Ever. The graphics are eye-pleasing beautiful, the sound quality is amazing, and the once-archaic control scheme has been redone into an addictive "second-person" shooter. I would also like to point out a post I saw when I came here. I think he's too focused on a mixture of realism, and Battlefield games. Who gives a rat's ass if Leon Hands down the best GameCube game. Ever. The graphics are eye-pleasing beautiful, the sound quality is amazing, and the once-archaic control scheme has been redone into an addictive "second-person" shooter. I would also like to point out a post I saw when I came here. I think he's too focused on a mixture of realism, and Battlefield games. Who gives a rat's ass if Leon can't move like Bruce Lee ingame? The scenes are interactive meaning you don't have to stare at your screen bored. The game is not that linear. I never thought this much detail would be possible on a GameCube. It's a definate buy. Expand
  59. AGuy
    Apr 11, 2008
    a much needed shot in the arm for the resident evil series this is one of the best games ever made period. its not very scary and most resident evil purists will hate it but the fact remains resident evil 4 is a must own game
  60. MenachemR
    Mar 19, 2009
    To Bryan S: You smiled the entire time? Really? Even when you were being decapitated by guillotines and iron clad monsters were gouging your eyes out with their claws? If the answer is yes you have some serious emotional problems my friend ;) Also, to ensure that the editors of Metacritic will post my comment, I'll add my opinion that this is one of the best videogames ever
  61. LuisL
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slugish start: check! Awesome enviroments: check! Best boss fights ever in a survival horror game: check! The more you play this game and understand the mechanics of this truely gem of a survival horror game. PRICELESS! There are survival horror games. & THERE IS RE4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. PhilipJ.
    Dec 11, 2005
    The detail is Insanely good. In fact so is everything else.
  63. OtmerW.
    Dec 19, 2005
    One of the best games of all time, pushes its way right up there with the halo series! Graphics are astounding and the gameplay will keep you on your toes for hours upon end!
  64. JohnH.
    Dec 21, 2005
    RE4 is without a doubt the best videogame I have ever played.
  65. Dec 30, 2010
    this is one of the few games that surpased the hype it had . i knew it was gona be great but wow not this damn great . this game was the only reason i bought a Gamecube and it was money well spent. the controls are solid and no more bad camera angles as it switches to the 3rd person mode . a great gun slection with upgradable guns . the action is top notch i mean i was grining ear to earthis is one of the few games that surpased the hype it had . i knew it was gona be great but wow not this damn great . this game was the only reason i bought a Gamecube and it was money well spent. the controls are solid and no more bad camera angles as it switches to the 3rd person mode . a great gun slection with upgradable guns . the action is top notch i mean i was grining ear to ear playing this game . i must have beatin this game around 100x since the day it came out and i will still pop it in from time to time and play it again. the boss fights simply put are EPIC and some of the best in gaming history . the only down side to this game is story wise its abit holey i felt some things like krouser and his past with leon where not explained well at all and the puzzle set up was way way easy it took no brains to figure them out. still though the thrill ride this game provides is second to none. Expand
  66. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  67. Feb 7, 2014
    Best resident evil I've played. Action, suspense and thrilling scares and excitement all the way. Gritty and immersive, even the OTT bosses fights fit this amazingly atmospheric world that Capcom have built. Play this.
  68. Sep 20, 2011
    THE best action game of all-time. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  69. May 27, 2011
    Ever changing environment, a unique storage system, and REAL action commands, RE4 has definitely been a trademark to horror games now. This game is surprisingly forgiving to even new players getting into RE (including me) when you first start off, as most would say you can die easily when playing the RE series.
  70. Sep 10, 2011
    Resident Evil has never been a franchise I've been that interested in, except for this one, since I'd been seeing it on so many best games of the decade and GameCube lists so i got it a game store for 5 bucks and got home played it, and is now one of the best games I've ever played
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    A Masterpiece in gaming , Capcom I salute you for this amazing game.I have never been through a 1 player game so many times , Would love something like this to turn up again with a new look, story and multiplayer online.but nevermind i can safely say this hasn't been beaten yet in my honest opinnion:) Bar zelda ofcourse ,ocarina of time :) 10/10
  72. Jan 21, 2012
    I've completed this game 3 times since it first came out, and each time has been thoroughly enjoyable. See, it's one of those games that is so deep, so diverse in its environments, that you enjoy something new about it each time through. I remember the first time playing it thinking..ok...I bet it's about to end, only for it to continue on chapter after chapter. That's a good thingI've completed this game 3 times since it first came out, and each time has been thoroughly enjoyable. See, it's one of those games that is so deep, so diverse in its environments, that you enjoy something new about it each time through. I remember the first time playing it thinking..ok...I bet it's about to end, only for it to continue on chapter after chapter. That's a good thing because this is a great game!

The graphics are amazing for 2005 on the gamecube. The environments, as mentioned previously, are incredibly diverse. One scene you're outdoors in a rundown village and the next you're fighting your way through an enormous stone castle. It's a nice mix of creepy survival horror and traditional RE-style turret (stop and shoot) 3rd person shooter. There's plenty to kill alright, but you also have a fair share of puzzles to solve. I gave this a 10 but would, given the opportunity, score it a 9.8. Why shave the .2 points? Cheapness. As in, you are guaranteed to DIE a few times due surprise button-mashing combo sequences you don't see coming. First time thru without a walkthrough telling you what's coming up? Prepared to be frustrated a bit by this--and resign yourself to some cheap deaths. Outside of that, it should be a fun ride.
  73. Feb 16, 2012
    Simply, Resident Evil 4 is the greatest video game of all time. I personally have put more time in this game than all other games I've played, put together, and multiplied by 100. I've beaten Resident Evil 4 around 70 to 75 times, and I'll tell you why. Resident Evil 4 is strong, simple, and does everything that it wants to do perfectly. The problem with most games is that they focusSimply, Resident Evil 4 is the greatest video game of all time. I personally have put more time in this game than all other games I've played, put together, and multiplied by 100. I've beaten Resident Evil 4 around 70 to 75 times, and I'll tell you why. Resident Evil 4 is strong, simple, and does everything that it wants to do perfectly. The problem with most games is that they focus lesser than they need to on CORE gameplay. The greatest video games ever do some things perfect, and nothing more. Resident Evil 4 is simply addictive because it's focused greatly on what makes a game a game: putting you into a moment and making it as on edge and smooth as possible to invest you and get your attention. RE4 has very little things to do regarding the controls. You have the sticks to move (the right stick moves the camera and is virtually useless), you have a button to aim, a button to shoot whence you aim, a button to knife, a button whence held moves you into a jog, and your standard all around action button. See, whence Capcom created this game they spent less time on features, and more time on making the game's simple gameplay absolutely perfect. I've beaten the game as much as I've had and I've yet to even think about the control scheme, movement and flow of the action until now. There is nothing to say about it, it's just simply perfect. Controls aside, the game forces you into itself. What makes a game good or bad is it's ability to make any moment an exciting one. In RE4 there are no dull moments. You are alone the majority of the game, beside a couple moments (one where you are hold up in a village house and are bombarded by masses of enemies, and another where you are aided by helicopter fire), and there are always enough enemies to go around. RE4 focuses on pushing as many enemies toward you at once in order to test your ability to survive. I can tell you right now that there is no other game that you'll play that is as on edge as this game. This game scares you to death, and not in the case of gimmicky monsters, but pure intensity. The game also has it's fare share of great boss battles, all different and puzzling, and not in the typical boss battle fashion of shooting a clearly indicated hot spot. All the enemies in this game are well varied and equally entertaining to fight. Aside from gameplay, the game is amazing to look at. Every environment is dark and well atmospheric. The graphics were some of the best on the 6th generation of consoles, and are still to this day great to look at. The story is cheesy, but you get invested in it's chessyness. They did a fantastic job of allowing some to get invested in it's gimmicks, and for others to get a good laugh out of. There's just not much to say about this game; it runs without a flaw, it's systems are perfect, it's graphics are great, it's story is well entertaining. This game has been spread across, I believe seven consoles, and for understandable reasons. Personally I believe the Gamecube version is the best, but if you own an Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 etc. you also have a chance to obtain and play this masterpiece of entertainment history. Expand
  74. Nov 11, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. Controls: I've noticed a lot of people complain about tank controls... well if the game didn't have tank controls it wouldn't be as scary, is operation raccoon city/ re6 scary? Horror: The game isn't completely horror but it has quite a few moments that satisfy. Regenerators, iron maidens, garradors, novistadors, most boss fights, those enemiesOne of the best games of all time. Controls: I've noticed a lot of people complain about tank controls... well if the game didn't have tank controls it wouldn't be as scary, is operation raccoon city/ re6 scary? Horror: The game isn't completely horror but it has quite a few moments that satisfy. Regenerators, iron maidens, garradors, novistadors, most boss fights, those enemies really do the job. On the other hand there are action moments, like the fight with krauser. These moments, even though they weren't horror, were really fun. Gameplay: The best thing about this game is the use of environments to take out enemies and the use of environments the enemies use to take you out. For example, you use ladders, doors, and explosive barrels on most enemies and bosses. On the other hand the enemies place bear traps in dark places, behind something to jump over, in tall grass, or in sand, they use high ground, they use giant boulders, etc. Speaking of boulders, QTE. This game is the perfect example of when it is appropriate to use QTE. QTE are used in CUTSCENES, and used sparingly in gameplay. The AI. A lot of people give Ashley crap, but her AI is better than any AI I have ever seen, maybe because her job is simple, but that's a good thing, whenever designers feel the need to add people to the combat aspect of gameplay, they fail. There are many examples of this across gaming. Halo ODST has invincible allies, sheva in re5 is a failure, the AI in re6 is a failure, it ruins the fun. Ashley will do exactly what you want to her do, hide, follow, wait. And that is all you need from her. She is an unarmed person, she can't fight, her role in the game is for YOU to protect her and if you complain about her dying then you just aren't playing the game good enough!

This game is quite possibly my favorite game of all time. It most definitely makes top 5.
  75. Sep 13, 2012
    One of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Survival horror at its very best. I must have beaten this one 50 times between all the systems and replays. The replayability is amazing with new game+. I enjoyed every playthrough of this game. I'm not sure how to explain it but the game is just fun every time. The first time through it also manages to be scary at certain parts due to theOne of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Survival horror at its very best. I must have beaten this one 50 times between all the systems and replays. The replayability is amazing with new game+. I enjoyed every playthrough of this game. I'm not sure how to explain it but the game is just fun every time. The first time through it also manages to be scary at certain parts due to the setting and the fear that you may not be able to handle the next group of enemies. If you keep replaying it you can go through with overpowered weapons and it becomes fun in a different way, more like an action game, its almost an entirely different experience on newgame+. All around AMAZING game, one of the best ever made of any genre. If you havent played it pick up RE4HD on 360 or PS3 market place, or pick up an old copy for whatever system you have lying around. Expand
  76. 4DI
    Nov 13, 2012
    an atmospheric and revolutionary game that surpasses every other game within the survival horror genre ti'll this day.
    My only complaint about RE4 is the lack of a quick select for weapons and items.(instead of pausing for the inventory)
    but it's all because of the gamecube controller's limitations.
    so
  77. Jul 10, 2013
    honestly whoever gives this game anything lower than a seven is obviously blind when it comes to seeing what a great game is. this is one of the best games i have ever played.
  78. Dec 12, 2012
    J'ai adoré cet épisode; j'y rejoue encore de temps à autre et il est encore aujourd'hui excellent. Un must have que ce soit sur PS2 ou GC/wii surtout qu'il est possible de l'avoir a petit prix; bref foncez.
  79. Jun 9, 2013
    Great premise, creative creature design, memorable deaths, creepy atmosphere and incredibly fun, precise mechanics, Resident Evil 4 was where Capcom took a risk with IP to only prevail, expanding survival horror into an area once thought of as incompatible: action. The potential for this to be a misstep was enormous, as exhibited with Resident Evil 6 the most in a sad copy of RE4'sGreat premise, creative creature design, memorable deaths, creepy atmosphere and incredibly fun, precise mechanics, Resident Evil 4 was where Capcom took a risk with IP to only prevail, expanding survival horror into an area once thought of as incompatible: action. The potential for this to be a misstep was enormous, as exhibited with Resident Evil 6 the most in a sad copy of RE4's success, but RE6 revolutionized the new field where it emerged, action, along with propelled the whole of survival horror into a new dimension of playability. Expand
  80. Mar 11, 2013
    This game flawlessly redefined the genre without straying too far from its survival horror roots. When I look back at my childhood, this is definitely one of the games I instantly think about. There's such a great atmosphere, and it proves to be genuinely scary. The fact that you have a liability the entire time just makes the game that much harder and more enjoyable.
  81. Jul 9, 2014
    STILL, my favorite game of all time all these years later! I still turn on my old Gamecube just to play it. Incredible game, simply unbeatable. Any gamer who hasn't played this yet shouldn't consider themselves a gamer.
  82. May 6, 2013
    A dia de hoy sigue siendo ejemplo de como un titulo puede envejecer como un buen vino. A los mas clasicos puede no gustarle pero pese a quien le pese y Resident Evil 4 junto a Resident Evil 2 y Remake son autenticas obras maestras y los mejores titulos de esta mitica franquicia de Shinji Mikami
  83. Aug 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 is my favorite game of all time. The scariness of foreign mindless zombies that you can't understand plotting to eat your brains are scary enough without the parasitic things popping out of their heads. The most perfect gaming experience I have ever experienced.
  84. Aug 22, 2013
    Un des meilleurs jeux-vidéos auquel j'ai pu joué Une réalisation impeccable, une immersion immédiate et un gameplay jouissif Je suis un gamer depuis plus de 20 ans et Dieu sait le nombre de jeux que j'ai pu tâter J'ai fini ce jeu 3 fois, et toujours avec le même plaisir
  85. Aug 30, 2013
    One of the greatest games ever created. I was not a fan of the Resident Evil series until this game. I was blown away on every level imaginable. Nothing short of a stroke of genius.
  86. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the best game ever made, and probably the best of the franchise, it's a Masterpiece.
  87. Oct 18, 2013
    a masterpiece of the resident evil franchise
    a masterpiece of nintendo and capcom
    an innovative game of action and survival horror
    an excellent gameplay,an exciting story and the best...
    a brave hero
    LEON KENNEDY FOR SMASH BROS!!!!
  88. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is pure brilliance. So simple yet so great. For those who think there are no minigames or anything other than the main quest line, you have to actually complete the game to get there. Anyway, this is one of those games that, if I was allowed to only play five video games for the rest of my life, would make the cut. This game has the greatest bosses of any game that will ever comeThis game is pure brilliance. So simple yet so great. For those who think there are no minigames or anything other than the main quest line, you have to actually complete the game to get there. Anyway, this is one of those games that, if I was allowed to only play five video games for the rest of my life, would make the cut. This game has the greatest bosses of any game that will ever come out. The early bosses are even better than the vast majority of final bosses in most games. A true masterpiece. GO BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  89. Dec 17, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are spectacular, the gameplay is seamless, and for a good percentage of the game it's legitimately scary. This game succeeds as both an action and horror game. The storytelling is outstanding, and I care about the characters.
  90. Dec 7, 2013
    El juego perfecto, con una historia bien fundamentada y larga, monstruos increíbles y únicos. No es tan fácil pasarlo y lo mejor de todo es que te dan ganas de jugarlo de nuevo. Un 10 para este maravilloso juego.
  91. Dec 29, 2013
    Truly a legendary game. Not only is it insanely good, but it inspired nearly every other shooter afterward. If only the series could capture this type of story and environment again...

Easiest 10/10 i've ever given.
  92. Feb 25, 2014
    Simply, one of the fifteen best video-games of all time; and one my three favourites video-games.

I've to assume that the script was quite bad because it has some story failures and the reflection of Spain is simply absurd; but we've to think that it's a Japanese game, told as an USA game, so it's acceptable. About the technical section, considering the year it was released, I could

About the technical section, considering the year it was released, I could say that is technically one of the best games ever made. The mechanics can become a little bit uncomfortable sometimes, but they're wonderful. It has also a great design of levels, enemies and characters.

In terms of gameplay, for me it is the best game out there in this century. It's highly creative, well thought out, the tense moments occur at appropriate times, excellent amount of ammunition, and the soundtrack complements all this dramatically. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the ultimate gaming experience.

We have to be critics, so we shouldn't give 10 to all video-games that we like, but this one deserves it.
  93. Apr 28, 2014
    My favorite game of all time. Perfect controls, gameplay, atmosphere and setting. Just immersive and riveting from start to finish. The only downfall of this game is creating the worst female character in gaming histrory, Ashley Graham. But, even SHE wasn't enough to destroy this game.
  94. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Side-by-side with Wind Waker and Metroid Prime, this is the best GC game and onde of the best all time. Gorgeous graphics. Played it almost 10 years ago and it´s still clear in my mind.
  95. Jul 21, 2014
    Que recuerdos me trae RE4... cuando lo jugué por primera vez desconocía la saga completamente. Que importaba eso, estaba ante un juegazo. La historia no tenía el mejor guión de la historia pero la trama te absorbía y no podías parar de jugar. Gráficamente era brutal, en 2005 había pocos juegos tan detallados. La jugabilidad, muco mejor que la de los primeros resident, era exquisita. NuncaQue recuerdos me trae RE4... cuando lo jugué por primera vez desconocía la saga completamente. Que importaba eso, estaba ante un juegazo. La historia no tenía el mejor guión de la historia pero la trama te absorbía y no podías parar de jugar. Gráficamente era brutal, en 2005 había pocos juegos tan detallados. La jugabilidad, muco mejor que la de los primeros resident, era exquisita. Nunca me había adentrado en un juego así antes, fue una experiencia única. Hoy día sigue siendo uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado. Expand
  96. Aug 14, 2014
    In my opinion Resident Evil 4 is the best survival horror game and the best out of the RE series followed closely by Resident Evil Remake. The great story and the outstanding character/enemy design just flashed me back then. I guess it's needless to say that RE 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. The GC version was the first one I played (obviously). Today I own 4 versions of thisIn my opinion Resident Evil 4 is the best survival horror game and the best out of the RE series followed closely by Resident Evil Remake. The great story and the outstanding character/enemy design just flashed me back then. I guess it's needless to say that RE 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. The GC version was the first one I played (obviously). Today I own 4 versions of this game (GC, Wii, Xbox 360 and Ultimate HD for PC). Expand
  97. Jan 21, 2016
    Has a big fan of the Resident Evil saga, i have to admit that the complete change in the setting was a little to weird for me at the beginning. But after you star playing and you see how Capcom did it, and you see that they made a great awesome game. This is my favorite game in the hole saga, Leon made a great job has the protagonist, and an even better job by keeping it together withHas a big fan of the Resident Evil saga, i have to admit that the complete change in the setting was a little to weird for me at the beginning. But after you star playing and you see how Capcom did it, and you see that they made a great awesome game. This is my favorite game in the hole saga, Leon made a great job has the protagonist, and an even better job by keeping it together with Ashley. When you fell like hating this game remember that he invented this over the shoulder vision, and that if not for it, games like The Last Of Us, Gears of War and some others, wouldn't exist. A amazing action game with a few tense moments. 10/10 Expand
  98. Dec 24, 2014
    Seriously!! Some people gave this game a zero! I know some would say that it was the end of the whole RE franchise, but to me it was the perfect mix of both horror and action. So giving it a zero is nonsense. This game fixed all the flaws with previous resident evil games like the shooting mechanics. When I was playing it for the first time it felt as if I was in a journey. The graphicsSeriously!! Some people gave this game a zero! I know some would say that it was the end of the whole RE franchise, but to me it was the perfect mix of both horror and action. So giving it a zero is nonsense. This game fixed all the flaws with previous resident evil games like the shooting mechanics. When I was playing it for the first time it felt as if I was in a journey. The graphics are also pretty good, and the game has a lot of scary moments that made me feel really tense. The only thing I didn't like were the enemies at the end of the game, because they could use guns which did not feel like RE at all. Expand
  99. Jan 27, 2015
    The game that changed the RE formula forever (for good or bad), doing it with deep and immersing gameplay, a long and fun campaign and great replay value.
    The cheesyness is here as it always has been, and the voice acting is great.
    The cheesyness is here as it always has been, and the voice acting is great.

Changes to inventory, save features (and checkpoints) and control felt new and were (and are) a succesful choice. One of the best games of the GC, PS2, XBOX generation.
  100. Dec 20, 2015
    Is so unique and defined gameplay to a generation to come. May caused the Hatred of some die-hard RE fans because is no a Survival Horror game. In anyway this overshadow the brilliance of this game.

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]