Second Sight GameCube

8.3

1. Oct 16, 2017
    I remember playing Second Sight in my teenage years, and I looked back on it fondly. However sometimes Nostalgia just straight lies to you. There’s next to no redeeming factors in this title made by Free Radical, the creators of the TimeSplitters Trilogy. Despite my efforts to like this game, I found myself hating the shoddy camera controls, the lack of fun gameplay, and the over-relianceI remember playing Second Sight in my teenage years, and I looked back on it fondly. However sometimes Nostalgia just straight lies to you. There’s next to no redeeming factors in this title made by Free Radical, the creators of the TimeSplitters Trilogy. Despite my efforts to like this game, I found myself hating the shoddy camera controls, the lack of fun gameplay, and the over-reliance on the psychic abilities you gain throughout the game. With a plot as convoluted as B-rated spy movie; it was really hard to follow or even give a damn about what was being presented in front of me. In the end, I learned that sometimes you should just leave Nostalgia alone.

Second Sight gets a 5 / 10
    -Das_Dood
    Follow My Reviews Live @ Twitch.Tv/Das_Dood

#32 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#14 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. AceGamez
    A gaming experience that's hard to describe; it's like going to your favourite band's concert, seeing them live and coming out gob-smacked - you know that you've enjoyed it and you loved every minute of it but you're stuck for words on how to convey the experience.
  2. The auto-targeting control scheme simplifies things greatly, but it's a nuisance in the heat of combat.
  3. Crisp of cut-scene, blessed with a refreshingly light touch and low-key compared to the po-faced chest-beating of its peers, Second Sight could well be a high water mark in storytelling through games (as opposed to storytelling around them). [Oct 2004, p.104]