6.6

1. May 6, 2011
    Like the Sonic series itself in the mid 2000's, Shadow the Hedgehog flails under its amount of flaws. Pros: Fantastic visuals; excellent level design; great FMVs; lots of extras/secrets to unlock. Cons: Terrible control and camera; disappointing graphics; lacks any kind of speed; horrendous multiplayer.
  2. Apr 19, 2011
    Ugh...Where do I start? First, after two beautiful, hype-filled cutscenes (yes, the intro scene counts), we start the game with terrible graphics. Seriously, even the Dreamcast games looked better than this.

Then, there are the bad controls. Steering is nearly impossible because you shoot off at high speed as soon as you push the analog stick forward, not to mention that he goes at the
    same speed all the time, even with the speed boosters.

Then, there are the missions. Some are easy and involve reaching the goal, simple as that. However, a lot of them involve finding stuff and defeating forty or so enemies of a single type in the same stage. It's boring and ripped straight out of the Chaotix gameplay of Sonic Heroes. Of course, at least Sonic Heroes had somewhat decent gameplay with a kickass soundtrack. This game's soundtrack is boring and uninteresting, as it sticks to nothing but bland, repetitive techno tracks. "I am all of me" is one of the worst themes of any Sonic game, period. And it's all for a flat-out ridiculous story. Seriously, Shadow and a random bunch of aliens. I know you brought back Shadow because of fan popularity, but this excuse of a story is piss-poor and relates very little to the SA2 plot.

However, there are a large variety of levels, and the choose-your-own-adventure style is pretty cool (although the missions around that style are not). The level design also has a heavier emphasis on platforming than any other 3D Sonic game before it, which is a good thing.

The point is: Don't buy this game. There are much better platformers out there, so don't waste your time.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10

P.S.: Don't be listen to people when they say that guns are the only thing bad about the game. Trust me. They're ironically the only good, properly functioning part of the game.
  3. May 19, 2011
    Shadow the Hedgehog falls flat under its excessive amount of flaws and lack of identity. Pros: Fantastic visuals and level design; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Lacks any kind of speed; terrible control and camera; dated graphics; poorly executed "good verses evil" concept.
  4. Aug 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the king of underratted games. in this game you control shadow with the analog stick A is jump and B allows you to punch. pushing A in midair allows you to do the air dash.do the air dash near enimies to do the homing attack. you can take weapons from enimies when they have been killed. this gameplay is not perfect however. for one the analog movement feels more like an 8 directional d-pad and 2 the missions can be bland. some are good but other leave you bored. the graphics are **** it bugs me on how shiny shadow is and the rest of the characters are using toned down versions of the models from sonic heroes. the levels are also constantly reusing textures. in conclusion this is a pretty good game Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2012
    While the gameplay is near-solid and the branching storyline is impressive, there are so many things wrong with this game I can't imagine how any self-respecting Sonic fan would like this. If you don't do the missions, the levels and game itself is short and forgettable. Not even the level with the Shadow androids is that remarkable. Like Heroes, the enemies have health, but they made it worse by giving the enemies more health and Shadow a god-awful homing attack. This is to try to urge you to use the guns and vehicles, but they're still hard to control. The control itself is more slippery than Heroes, and the music is mediocre at best, save for the theme "All Hail Shadow" which is arguably one of the best character themes I've heard. And the dark theme has "I'm trying to hard" all over it. The overuse of damn, the unnecessary guns, and the extremely dark levels are just screaming that it's trying to attract the preteen who thinks guns = cool. There are few games that I dislike in Sonic, and this is one of them. Expand
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think this game is as awful as the 51% critic approval rating might suggest. That's not to say it's a good game, though. The dialouge is terrible and the tone is more vapid and trashy than dark and mature, which it strides to be. The camera sucks and the controls can be really slippery. However, this game does offer some neat level designs, challenging boss fights, and the music, while forced, is really catchy and fits each stage you're in. The CG cutscenes are great to look at, too. Expand
  7. May 7, 2013
    Don't play this game. Not even if you are a sonic fan. The story is stupid, The graphics and sound are terrible the good, neutral, and evil pathways are filled with plotholes and contradictions. The control is terrible. The level design is stupidly confusing. Just don't play this game. If you must play this game only play the GameCube version. It's the most bearable one. Sonic 06 is better than this. And that's sad. Expand
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Not even recommended for Sonic fans (which I am one of). The gameplay somehow manages to be the least of it's problems, despite, you know, being a game where the Sonic equivalent of Poochie shoots people and rides motorcycles. It's attempts and being edgy would be cute were it not for the cringe-worthy voice acting. Half the people in the voice cast had never voice acted video games before. What does that tell you? Also, the plotline makes no sense, even less so than other Sonic games that tried to have a plot.

It does have pretty good music though, but that's a given for Sonic games.

9. Jan 30, 2013
    Shadow The Hedgehog is a game that stars the character who's name is in the title. Shadow The Hedgehog (the character, not the game) following Sonic Adventure 2 became a popular character in the Sonic Universe and much like Knuckles The Echidna and his game Knuckles Chaotix on the 32X prior, Sega created a cash-in game based on the most popular character they had at the time. How did the game turn out? Sadly not very good. As with most cash-in games, it was released in an unfinished and poorly tested state. The gameplay consists of Shadow The Hedgehog doing various missions (good, evil and neutral) to determine what different level he advances to and what ending he gets and what ultimately happens to the character with regards to his memory, and what different parties are his friends and enemies and the plot's overall conclusion. Pretty much only the Final Story ending is actually canon, the others are all completely pointless. Shadow The Hedgehog uses mostly firearms, melee weapons, vehicles and his own personal abilities to complete his mission objectives. gameplay with firearms flows somewhat decently but the the overall control feel like you are constantly sliding around on ice and fighting the camera's behavior, al ot of the game mechanics are very sloppily designed and barely even function properly, this is especially noticeable when riding vehicles. The game seems to make out the character Shadow The Hedgehog an emo gun wielding lunatic with amnesia which I personally find not all that appealing.The music is your generic gothic and gritty music and excluding maybe 3 tracks, the sountrack is not all that memorable. The story flow is absolutely horrible, sometimes when you transition from one level to another, the plots don't add up and turn the entire thing into a giant plothole, but as mentioned before, since only the final story is canon, these plothole infested player created stories aren't canon in the slightest. The level designs and missions aren't that well designed and are pretty bland. The level designs themselves are very generic and poorly designed, the level visuals are generic, low quality and ugly to look at. Missions are very uncreative as well with such objectives as: beat the boss, destroy (insert number here) of (insert NPC here), reach the goal or find (insert objects or location here). When playing certain missions in the 1-player mode, characters follow Shadow The Hedgehog around to give him advice and certain ones can actually be controlled by utilizing the Player 2 controller and can help Shadow out. There is also a multiplayer deathmatch battle mode with features so limited features, such badly designed level arenas and so poorly designed mechanics that it isn't even worth looking into. In conclusion, the game is a rushed cash-in on a popular character with poor design, and beta testing that was released to stores for sale in a unfinished condition and barely playable, it does have some decent points to it but I'd recommend you avoid this game. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    This is going to be controversial... but I think Shadow the Hedgehog is a good game and a much better game the Sonic 2006 and Sonic & the Secret Rings. Why the controls and gameplay were better than them.
  11. Sep 10, 2011
    Shadow is the most badass animal in gaming to me and though this plot has been nitpicked to death but i find it an interesting plot and this game also introduces one of the most awesome villains in the sonic franchise, Black Doom, which take a guess at who voiced him, you will never get it. The voice of Goku in Dragonball Z
  12. Dec 31, 2011
    I played this game when it first came and, and I was astounded by the stunning gameplay, and overall feel of the game. It allowed you to feel the power that Shadow the Hedgehog had under his control, and it shifted the camera from Sonic, to the darker Shadow. As you can see, this is a very new review, and I just played it again for Nostalgia. It has held up to everything I remembered. Giving you a choice for each level, along with so many endings, and final levels. Shadow the Hedgehog, back when it first came out, left me longing for another game centered on Shadow, and when I replayed it, it gave me the same feeling. Why wasn't a sequel made for this game? Expand
  13. Nov 3, 2011
    Really i'd give it more of a 7.6, however i did thoroughly enjoy the gameplay. The story was good, but not as good at the games that came before it. I will always look onto Shadow the Hedgehog with fond memories, however.
  14. Nov 6, 2011
    Shadow's badass spin-off game provides the real story of Shadow the Hedgehog. It has some of the most action of any game from the Sonic series. Alternate endings will make you want to play it over and over.
  15. Apr 4, 2013
    Good Great Voice-Acting Dunno why people don't like it), Interesting Story, Awesome Music, Gameplay Bad Annoying Camera (Sometimes), Graphics are OK but are not better than Heroes Atomosphere is Well Done, Insane Difficulty Sometimes, 10 Ending To Find To unlock Final Not Just Three. Good Game but some work should have been done and I am sick of these Shadow-Hating Reviewers are whining about. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    It's okay I guess. But I had two major problems with it and no one of them is not the controls even though they were pretty bad. My main two problems with this game are Shadow and guns. The two really don't work out together right? My problem with Shadow is he swears frequently, but isn't this game rated E10+. Well apparently it shouldn't, because Shadow swears nearly every single time he gets hit and trust me you will get hit a lot. Now problem with the guns is basically self explanatory. Their guns what the heck are they doing in a Sonic/Shadow game I mean the ultimate life form needs guns to fight.
    Overall it's okay, but don't let kids play this
  17. FRG
    Jul 24, 2013
    Good game,but not the best of sonic's games,give a decent experience and a good fun,that may be the only good game of sonic in the console of mid 00s.
  18. Sep 16, 2013
    Why is this such a bad game????? The gameplay is fine the graphics are fine and the story is fine and your gonna rant on it just because shadow has a gun in the game wow people. Sega dont listen to them this game is awesome!
  19. Feb 18, 2014
    Why...WHY DO I LOVE THIS GAME! I remember geting this game for christmas and loved it and i love it still, i even liked the guns, shadow moves and controles like butter and the level design is great. Shadow the Hedgehog gets a 6/10
  20. Sep 19, 2013
    Shadow The Hedgehog has guns in it, that's probably the worse part of the game. The other parts of the game are fun, which is a good thing. Some of the levels could be boring, but some of them were good. I would say It's a good game, and not something like "OMG TIS IS TEH BESTEST SANIC GAME EVAR LIKE RALLY!"
  21. Oct 7, 2013
    Hey guys! Guess WHAT!

I'm a Sonic fan...and this happens to be one of my favorite Sonic games of all time! (AHHHHH!!!! THE HORROR! BURN THE HERETIC! BURN IT!!!!!)

But really, in all honesty, I freaking ADORE this game, and one of the only reasons why I even MADE this account is just to write a review on this game, even though it's obviously not new, (released in 2005-feeling a little
    old, anyone?) and this is October, 2013. Seeing some of the reviews here, though, I just really have to say something.

Now, there are a few things that, I'll admit, are wrong with this game:

-The vehicle controls are terrible. Slamming into walls is expected. Flawless driving is not. Yeah, and that part of the trailer where Shadow's riding that motorcycle? Yeah. If you actually wanna try and DO that, you're gonna have a bad time.

-The game, in some parts, takes itself far more seriously than it should. I do laugh whenever I hear Shadow, Knuckles, or especially Sonic say "Damn!" in the game, when it's really trying to portray a dark/serious tone, when in reality, some parts of the game are like that one kid down the block who tries to be emo/punk-ish, but is really just another idiot to laugh at.

-I can't tell you how many times I died because I fell off the level without even trying. Maybe it's just because I suck or the screwy Homing Attack that rears its ugly head every now and again...eh. Moving on.

Finally...

-Repeating levels can, and will, get annoying. You know how in the game Star Fox 64 where you can choose your route that you want to take? Well...you can't do that here. If you want a certain ending and do a mission you didn't mean to do...well, that just sucks. You have to go back and start over.

Yeah. There are a numerable amount of problems in this game, yes?

...BUT!

At the same time, there are so many redeeming factors:

-The storyline is actually pretty dang good for Sonic standards. "Black Doom", the main villain of the game, plays a very interesting role in the game and could even give the player something to think about in a very twisted way...(i.e. You see that wounded researcher on the ground? Would you rather help him, or take revenge on the soldiers who shot him?) Oh sure, Shadow fighting/teaming up with alien brethren is very silly, but really, this is Sonic the Flipping HEDGEHOG we're talking about here. The concept of Sonic ITSELF is silly. Why go off about how dumb a storyline is when the series itself isn't taken all that seriously anyway?

-The missions are fun, (albeit repetitive at points), and over time, you'll easily get really good at them. Westopolis is a really good first level to learn the game mechanics, and speaking of which...

-I actually like the guns in this game. They immediately home in on targets, and really every weapon usable is a bunch of fun to try out. And if you don't feel like using them, you don't have to. It's actually the same with the vehicles in the game. The levels are linear, yes, but you can complete the levels in many different ways. (Someone hasn't killed me yet? Oh, good. Moving on.

-The graphics are awesome, considering it's 2005 on the GameCube. And let's also point out that the levels are just so "Damn." cool, filled with a bunch of interesting mechanics such as ziplines, travelling through cyberspace, and jumping across falling rubble or meeting certain death. You can tell that the developers had a bunch of fun designing this game.

-HOLY EVERYTHING THE MUSIC IS AMAZING. (But...well, it's a Sonic game. Is it not expected at this point?)

All in all, it's a shame how beaten down this game is. It's a truly underrated gem, and frankly, it's best to keep expectations low when you play it. Yes, the idea is weird, taking itself a bit too seriously and having kinks of its own to work out, but honestly, Shadow the Hedgehog is just a truly awesome game. I thought I would hate it, but once I played it, I realized that it's possibly one of my favorite video games ever.

Honestly, yo. If you see this game at a good price, (I got it for $11 at a game shop just recently), just at least try it before going off about how dumb Shadow looks with a sniper rifle.
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    The game has an unwelcome sense of maturity, the home attacks sometimes miss, and the controls are fairly screwed. But there is a ton of replay value due to lots of different storylines, different gun types, multiplayer is pretty fun, and there are 2 or 3 missions for every stage. The bosses and level layout are enjoyable. I don't care what other people say. I love the game to pieces.
  23. Jul 14, 2014
    So Shadow the Hedgehog was released for the Nintendo Gamecube about 4 1/2 months after Resident Evil 4 was released for the same system. SO I must ask why did Shadow the Hedgehog look so bleak, barren, and uninteresting. The controls are so Freaking slippery I died like 8 times because Shadow would go careening of the damn cliff because of the freaking controls. Multiple pathways sounds interesting and multiple endings would help that BUT none of the normal endings matter because theres a lasting freaking story segment that has Shadow save the day anyway. I also must ask why the hell do they make us unlock every none cannon ending before we get to see the last freaking story that is Cannon to the sonic universe. That means that you have to have to play through the game more then once. Now that doesn't sound to bad but each path has two endings and you think you could pick the last stage and then choose the other mission to get the other ending BUT NO you have to play the same goddamn path again till you get to the final level then chose the other mission to get the other ending you have to do that 12 GODDAMN TIMES TO SEE THE TRUE ENDING meaning youll see the first level Westopolis 12 FREAKING TIMES. It's annoying as hell and it gets boring after the third or fourth playthrough.. In this game your primary game of getting around is "walking around in a 3-D enivorment" shooting alines with guns. YES YOU USE A FREKAING GUN IN A SONIC GAME. The models are ripped straight from Sonic Hereos so they don't look to bad but they look awful in cutscenes. The gunplay works fine but its a bit weird. The bosses are boring and repetitive and the muysic is even worse except for "I AM" and "Never Turn Back".

Overall this game is just **** Bleak graphics, uninteresting level design, and repetitive mission structure makes this a game I never want to touch ever again.
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is not supposed to be a SONIC GAME! its a 3dplatformer with great gameplay and ok graphics.Story is good and Shadow as a character is way better then Sonic. So...ALL HAIL SHADOW!!!!! Expand
  25. Jan 15, 2014
    A good concept at start from sonic team bur overall a very average and poor game with many holes it the story plot. Really a sonic game rated E10+... real good idea to add minor curse words to a game about a blue hedgehog. Shadow got so popular it was worth its own game? this game isn't horrible but it's not good i'll tell you that much. Damn this was so not a sonic game and **** the people who say no it was a shadow game huehuehue. No it wasn't it's a spin off. A dark gimic that was a commercial failure with the worst oppening 3d sonic level of all time. All i can give this game is that the gun play was fun and the story was bland but not aweful. The worst thing is the bland soundtrack the theme's in this game sucked. But hey it's better than Sonic the hedgehog (06) Expand
  26. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the worst game I have ever played.
    The amount of **** that you have to deal with in this game is more than I have experienced in every other game I have played. COMBINED.
    First, the controls; What the actual **** Sega? SA1 and SA2 (minus the mech stages) control perfectly! These controls are the WORST. They are the slipperiest controls I have seen in a game thus far. The momentum of jumping is Belmont Syndrome times 1000. 2000, even! If you play this game, which you shouldn't, you will fall off of cliffs an innumerable amount of times due to Shadow's slippery shoes. And if you
    thought Luigi was bad... Have fun playing!
    Next, the level design; AAAAAAGGGGHHH
    WORST. LEVEL DESIGN. IN HISTORY. IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I THINK YELL FOR THE REST OF THIS PARAGRAPH. IT'S SO. *SO*. ********SO******** BAD.
    Sorry. Anyway, the game is based around a split-path system. The next stage you go to is based on your actions in the current stage. There are 29 different stages (Though some of them are the same), 10 endings, and a whole ****in' lot of paths. In a single play-through, you complete five stages. To complete the game fully and get the final ending, you must get all of the endings. The problem? THE ALTERNATE OBJECTIVES ARE ****. They, more often then not, require you to seek and kill each and every one of a certain enemy in a stage. In a SONIC game. A SONIC game! Not only is this boring and monotonous, it goes against the principles of the series. AND NO. IT'S NOT A ****IN' ONE-OFF. IT IS A *DIRECT SEQUEL* TO HEROES. It also goes against your slippery control, which is designed for speed, not offense. Can you imagine going back to SA2, making the controls absolute **** and killing EVERY ENEMY in the stage? NO.
    NOBODY DID CAUSE THAT'S A ****TY ****IN' IDEA. The levels are so slow and boring, despite being portrayed as an action game. The levels are so huge sometimes, that in some certain search-destroy missions, you will be on stages for forty ****in' five minutes, if you don't know what you're doing. There are some stages that make you touch certain objects, or kill enemies with a certain weapon, collect rings, etc. But whatever you're doing, you can bet that it's terrible. But the best part is, if you want the full ending, you HAVE to do the stages that you don't like. Scratch that! The best part is that you have to play the first stage 10 times to beat the game fully. TEN. ****ING. TIMES.
    The graphics and music? Muddy, with bad human character models, and voice syncing... And boring, terribly one note (ha-ha) idiotic drivel.
    Enemies are a joke, especially with the guns.If you don't have guns, prepare to mash A.
    Oh, and the guns? They are, ironically, the only thing I can say that works in this game. There's a reason why my score isn't zero. If I had to kill everything with my homing attack... Ugh. I'd give it a negative 10. The guns kill things. End of story.
    Speaking of story...
    This story is terrible. Shadow's sitting somewhere, contemplating his life, because... And then, aliens, because... And then their leader, Generic Antagonist, reveals that he knows Shadow's past, and sends him off to collect the Emeralds so that he may...
    ...Get ready...
    ...Get ready...
    DESTROY THE WORLD!
    OF COURSE! HOW BOUT THAT **** Etc.
    After you finish the first stage, there is a cutscene that shows off two human characters, the President, and a G.U.N. general who lived on the Ark. He was friends with Maria until she died, and blames Shadow for the WAIT. He's a G.U.N. GENERAL. G.U.N. KILLED MARIA, YOU STUPID **** *Clears Throat*. 'Scuse me. He blamed Shadow for her death, because... And sends out troops to kill him. Problem? IN HALF OF THE STORY OPTIONS, THESE CHARACTERS NEVER APPEAR AGAIN. EVER. THEY'RE JUST GONE. WHY?
    BECAUSE! I'm not gonna bother with the rest of the story options. Wanna know why? ... Well, I'll tell you anyway! The Secret/Final/True/Whatever-The-**** ending ret-cons every single one of them! You want an evil Shadow? TOO BAD! You want a neutral Shadow? NOPE! You want an and(not really)roid Shadow? I don't know why you'd want that, but NOPES. SHADOW IS ALWAYS GOOD AND SAVES THE CONTINUITY I mean WORLD!
    Ugh. That's it, pretty much. Worst game I've ever played, and YEAH! I've played Sonic '06. I can at least laugh at that game whenever something glitches. And I find MORE enjoyment instead of less each time I play it.
    So...
    If you ever have money for a GameCube game, GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE. Like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, or Pokemon XD/Colosseum, or Mario Sunshine, or goddamned Kirby's Air Ride. Just something BETTER. Sigh...
  27. Jun 1, 2014
    Ok let me say this. Shadow the hedgehog is the most underrated game i ever played. People think its bad because its... different! People are sayin that this game is slipperier than sonic heroes. That is bulls*it. Sonic heroes was slippery as s*it and shadow is much easier to play. Graphics are nothin special but graphics dont mind if game plays well. And shadow the hedgehog plays great. I had so much fun playing it. Story is hard to understeand unless you are hardcore shadow fan like me. Only thing i hate about this game are levels with Maria. I didnt know where the fu*k was i goin. But thats only problem i had with this game. Overall its must buy for shadow fans and cobanermani456 if you are reading this.... Dont be an **** and stop saying this game is sh*t. If you defended sonic lost world then dont **** about shadow. There are alot of people who loves this game you know... Expand
  28. Jul 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shadow The Hedgehog... One of my favorite characters of the Sonic universe but with a game so horrible that even the word sh*t is too good for it. I love Sonic The Hedgehog but damn has Sega really made a bunch of horrible Sonic games such as this abomination... I rather play with my dogs turd than this piece of sh*t... But lets start off with the story; Shadow is seen looming over a cliff hit with a dose of amnesia as he tries to remember about his past, a past in which no one from the previous game, Sonic Heroes, ever bothers to explain to him either because they're stupid or straight up dick's. As he stares off into the city a cloud gathers over it and a bunch of... Aliens... Sigh... Yes aliens begin attacking the city... As Shadow begins to walk away a mysterious figure shows up named, Black Doom, explains to Shadow that he will help him regain his memories as long as he brings him the 7 Chaos Emeralds. After Black Doom vanishes, Shadow begins his hunt for the emeralds. Now this is where the story becomes a real mess... This is the first in the series to introduce branching story lines where you could choose to either follow the neutral, hero, or evil path and which ever you follow determines the ending you receive... The game has multiple endings which are either flat out stupid or hilariously horrible. One ending has Shadow accepting he is an android which is just hilariously horrible. But all those ending don't matter in the end because once beating the game multiple times and unlocking all the endings you unlock the real ending. And the real ending is still unsatisfying. It has Shadow being the hero in the end and beating Black Doom in an old tradition Super Sonic fight. Ill give Sega credit for trying out the branching story line thing but surprisingly they screwed that up. The story is such a mess and filled with plot holes... One example is in Sonic Adventure 2 Dr. Robotnik configures The Space Colony Ark to destroy the world before being sent to prison... But in Shadow The Hedgehog Robotnik configures the Ark to destroy Black Doom's comet before being sent to prison... WTH!? How is that even possible... It makes no sense... Being able to breath underwater makes more sense then that... Game play time... It's your typical Sonic game play but with a new addition of weapons. Shadow can now wield a variety of weapons such as your typical pistol and machine guns too rockets launchers and some Alien weaponry. Surprisingly the weapons handle pretty well (minus the rocket launchers which are a pain in the ass to aim) and I rather use the guns instead of the homing attack because it's programmed rather poorly. It has caused me a lot of cheap deaths because it failed to lock me onto the enemy I want to hit and sent me hurling down a pit to my death. Another thing thats horribly implemented is the handling. It feels as if you're running on ice. It's just horrible such like the various of vehicles you can drive such as motorcycles or jeeps. They're all really slow and clunky. I rather deal with the piss ass handling than drive those broken things. And the graphics are just horrible to look at... They used the same models of the Sonic characters from Sonic Heroes and put them in this dark and gritty environment. They just don't fit. The music is a hit and miss too except for the opening theme and Crush 40's "Never Turn Back". Overall Shadow The Hedgehog is just a bad game that tries to do a couple of new things but ends up doing them wrong. The graphics are as pretty as an old sh*t stained underwear from your fat uncle rob, with a horrible story that's a complete mess that'll make Amanda Byne's seem like she has her sh*t straight and with a mediocre game play. Stay away from this game. It's horrible. If you're feeling suicidal this game is the perfect way to kill yourself. But please... Call someone if you're suicidal... Please. Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2014
    This is not a bad game. great shooting mechanic, the controls are a little slippery, multiple endings. the missions at times can take a long time. Warning DONT TRY TO SPEED RUN you will get tired of it so take little by little. The story is average and the endings are pretty good. If you can try this game out.

1. From its stripping down of the series' most successful gameplay elements to its obviously desperate addition of weapons and 'street' cool this is still a product of a development studio with a good imagination. But also, it seems, a lazy one only too happy to jump on the same GTA bandwagon that's currently carrying way too many developers.
  2. The poor controls, tricky camera and an irritation-filled gaming experience is unfortunately what Shadow the Hedgehog is presented as, and this doesn't deserve to be found under too many Christmas tree's this year.
  3. An enjoyable, high-octane adventure. Naysayers be damned. [Jan 2006, p.111]