• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Feb 18, 2002
4.2

1. Jun 19, 2013
    This was one of the first video games I ever played. That being said, I enjoyed it because gaming was a new concept to me. When I look back I realize it wasn't the greatest, but I still had fun as a kid.
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    cheap is one word that could summarize this game. The graphics are horrendous. This is the only game that I could fully beat in 30 minutes. For crying out loud, you do not even do anything a real taxi even does. there are plenty of better Gamecube racing games out there
  3. KevinA.
    Jul 24, 2003
    If you're not too stuck up about graphics and just want to have fun playing video games with your friends or alone, Smashing Drive is a solid game. There isn't much replay value, but it's still good arcade-style fun.

1. The graphics are pretty subpar and there's not much game here, but it's a total blast while it lasts. [Feb 2002, p.150]
  2. Being an arcade game, however, fun isn't the problem with Smashing Drive – it's the lack of replay. [Apr 2002, p.79]
  3. It's not innovative, it's not a sequel and the graphics are below the quality of "Crazy Taxi," a driving game that's nearly four years old.