Smuggler's Run: Warzones GameCube

6.9

1. RockyG.
    Sep 2, 2002
    Boring, tedious, same ol same ol.
  2. DerekN.
    Aug 21, 2002
    Even with the cheesy FMV movies, generic electronic music, and somewhat drab graphics the game was just a blast to play. Fantastic controls, smooth frame rate, an incredible view distance, and levels that steadily increase in difficulty. A lot of fun.
  3. SaintP.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Single player was fun until it crashed and the savedgame file got corrupted. multiplayer is where i had the most fun... until the game crashed. see the theme?
  4. ZiggyStardust
    Oct 22, 2002
    All right, now admitedly I'm a large fan of the original game. I pretty much bought this without much research. And it was a clightly regretable purchase. My biggest problem is with the levels. You can be going along at high speeds and all of a sudden you hit an invisible wall. It's the freaking edge of the map, but unlike Smuggler's Run 1 it looks just like normal All right, now admitedly I'm a large fan of the original game. I pretty much bought this without much research. And it was a clightly regretable purchase. My biggest problem is with the levels. You can be going along at high speeds and all of a sudden you hit an invisible wall. It's the freaking edge of the map, but unlike Smuggler's Run 1 it looks just like normal driveable terrain. It may seem like a minor gripe, but I am having trouble communicating how annoying it can be to be in an intense mission and suddenly come to a dead stop and be arrested because you hit an invisible wall. Another gripe is with the graphics. While everything is very crisp and great looking, objects do pop-up abruptly. It's not a big deal really but worth mentioning. The screenshots flatter the graphics a little. Expand
  5. KevinP.
    Aug 17, 2002
    It's the best.
  6. Oct 23, 2013
    From my knowledge of the series, this is a "updated" version of smugglers run 2 on ps2. I think the game is a great upgrade from the second, it has more maps more vehicles and harder missions. I have played this game for awhile now and it always seems to grab me and really make me focus it gets really fun and hard to play. Although there is that electric repetitive music and mildly badFrom my knowledge of the series, this is a "updated" version of smugglers run 2 on ps2. I think the game is a great upgrade from the second, it has more maps more vehicles and harder missions. I have played this game for awhile now and it always seems to grab me and really make me focus it gets really fun and hard to play. Although there is that electric repetitive music and mildly bad graphics (back when it came out i thought its graphics engine was amazing) It is such a fun game and should be bought and played or at least tried by any game cube owner. Overall i think it has lots of potential and is way over looked. Expand

#53 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

1. The only real problem with Warzones is one inherent to the series as a whole - you're always driving, and that's it. You never take to the skies or hop in a boat or mix-up the missions at all.
  2. GMR Magazine
    An enhanced version of "Smuggler's Run 2," with new vehicles and an expanded multiplayer mode with support for four players. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  3. But in all honesty, this is a game I'd be embarrassed to own, and I own "WCW Nitro."