Sonic Heroes GameCube

7.8

1. Nov 8, 2011
    The fact that you can play as three characters from the Sonic series at once makes it all that much better. I like the design and the amount of characters you can use.
  2. Jul 3, 2016
    This game never makes me mad at all. Probably cause I'm good at the game. Well anyways, the game's controls feel good and fresh and the graphics look smooth and amazing. The story is cliche but it's alright. Gameplay is awesome and there is a lot of variety. I do recommend this game. One of the best gamecube and sega's best game of the blue blur.
  3. Mar 21, 2015
    Now this right here is a game worth every penny! (for those who loved sonic adventure)

PROS
    -Graphics
    -Music
    -Story
    -Gameplay

CONS
    -Glitches on ocasion
  4. Aug 8, 2012
    I really liked sonic heroes, with the click of a button you could perform different tasks with different characters, and using your characters wisely led to an enjoyable experience, the one thing I did not like however, was the requirement to collect the chaos emeralds in bonus levels, it was very frustrating to do so.
  5. May 7, 2013
    Sonic's first original game not on a SEGA console. And it was a great start. The story is no where near as complex as in Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2. But to me that is the way it should be. Sonic games don't need big plots. The gameplay is similar to SA1&2 but with a new team gimmick. And it works well. The control though is noticeably worse than SA1&2 it's really slippery. ButSonic's first original game not on a SEGA console. And it was a great start. The story is no where near as complex as in Sonic Adventure 1 or Sonic Adventure 2. But to me that is the way it should be. Sonic games don't need big plots. The gameplay is similar to SA1&2 but with a new team gimmick. And it works well. The control though is noticeably worse than SA1&2 it's really slippery. But the level design is really good in alot of places like grand metropolis. Sonic Heroes is a gorgeous looking GameCube game. It's really looks like a 2D sonic game brought into the 3D world. For example the checkerboard walls in Seaside hill. The soundtracks is great. Sonic Heroes in my opinion is better than SA1. And much better than SA2. I recommend it to anyone who likes platformers Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2012
    This is my favorite Sonic game. It's different. You have three characters with you, one fast, one flying and one strong. That's what makes this game good compared to the other sonics. You play with everyone nice: Sonic, Espio, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. You have really nice cutscenes and an epic last battle. Sometimes it's a little bit repetitive, thought...
  7. Nov 7, 2012
    This was the last good Sonic game for a long, long time. I love how this game plays out like a movie, complete with bright visuals, cool camera angles, a great sense of speed and rockin music. The teammate gameplay is original and properly executed and each stage has a fair amount of platforming and large worlds to explore. The voice acting is also very well done and fits the campy natureThis was the last good Sonic game for a long, long time. I love how this game plays out like a movie, complete with bright visuals, cool camera angles, a great sense of speed and rockin music. The teammate gameplay is original and properly executed and each stage has a fair amount of platforming and large worlds to explore. The voice acting is also very well done and fits the campy nature of the game perfectly, though you will either love or hate Tails's noticably younger voice. Me, I don't mind him, I actually think he sounds funny and cute. Cream on the other hand was very annoying and all throughout the game I wanted her to shut up. While I'm on the negative, this game does have a fair amount of glitches, since each team plays through the same stages in the same order the game can get really repetitive and the controls can often be slippery due to the characters' speed. Overall this is still a very fun game; I just don't know why so many people feel mixed about it. It's probably because they think it's part of the adventure series when it really is not. The gameplay is different, the tone is different, even the way the Chaos emeralds are presented is different (they're prizes awarded after completing bonus stages as oppose to being plot devices). Judging it as a game on it's own, it's very underrated if you ask me. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    Great game! Great story line! Its just that, some of the missions, do not make sense (Then again Sonic doesn't either. xD), and the camera is not that great on it, but I can handle it. I suggest trying to find and buy it.
  9. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a great game.Many different levels and special levels.Pleasantly play for each team.Cool music.Just nostalgia.I a great many more, you can write about this wonderful game.It gets me to the highest assessment.I suggest playing all holders ps2.It created for the game ps 2.
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    This game is dear to me (I rate it a 9) well, it was my first sonic game, so I am bias. I LOVE IT, the team gimmick was great, this was the best time they made big health-bar enemies, but we have power, and the level ups made everything easier. But with team dark, it was balanced, a relatively tough, dialogue was ok. Graphics were fine, music, AWESOME, I shall say my 1 problem (the commonThis game is dear to me (I rate it a 9) well, it was my first sonic game, so I am bias. I LOVE IT, the team gimmick was great, this was the best time they made big health-bar enemies, but we have power, and the level ups made everything easier. But with team dark, it was balanced, a relatively tough, dialogue was ok. Graphics were fine, music, AWESOME, I shall say my 1 problem (the common one) off the top of my head, 3% OF A PLOT, no plot, I don't want to go into detail, I am only semi-scratching the surface of my views, but I do not want to give the reader who wants to read many reviews a hard time, so yah, IL THIS GAME. Expand
  11. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic heroes is amazing and without a doubt my favorite sonic game of all time, and i've played pretty much all of them except sonic 06. so in this game it has 4 different teams which are basically 4 different stories like in sonic adventure,and while you play as 12 characters, you play as 3 all as once per team. so you don't have to play though 12 stories to get to the final boss,and when i first thought the game thats what i thought i had to do. anyway the graphics, they are great and if you have the Gamecube/Wii component cables they are amazing, this game really pushes the gamecube's graphics and everything looks all shiny. now the story of the game is not as dark and confusing as sonic adventure 2's story but is more lighthearted and fun, team sonic's story is that they are trying to stop eggman from taking over the world, team dark's story is that they are trying to find eggman, team rose's story is amy is trying to find sonic, and big and cream are trying to find froggy and chacola, and team chaotix story is that they are trying to find a client who turns out to be eggman. and then in the last story it turns out metal sonic disguised himself as eggman, copied team sonic's data, stole froggy and chacola, and locked eggman in a room on the eggfleet, and did this all in one complicated plan to finally destroy sonic. now the gameplay, team sonic, it's like a regular sonic game, team dark is like the hard mode, team rose is the easy mode, and team chaotix is the mission mode. the characters are in teams of 3 one has speed formation which is the fast one, one has power formation which is for fighting enimes, and another has flight formation which is for flying for a short time. and each character has a level up system that levels up everytime you get an orb. unlike the sonic adventure games there is no treasure hunting and no robot shooting, just high speed platforming. every zone is two acts and a boss fight, it's like a 2D sonic game brought into the 3d world, and has the most platforming i have ever seen in any sonic game. the zones are beautiful to from, seaside hill, a green hill style level, to casino park, my favorite level in the game, to egg fleet, a giant fleet of airships.
    this game is very underrated and one comon complaint is that the stages are too long, this is true, but i actually love that they are, it means more high speed platforming fun. the music in this game is also amazing. this game is everything that any sonic fan would want in a sonic game, and its virtually perfect. now there are some flaws with it like the chaotix missions being tedious sometimes like the mystic mansion one where you have to light all of the torches in the mansion and there are a lot of them, and it took me over 20 minutes to complete that mission. and the special stages are horrible. but still this is my favorite sonic game of all time and gets a perfect score 10 out of 10.
  12. Nov 29, 2011
    Sonic Heroes seems to be that marmite Sonic game that some people liked and others hated. Perhaps it's the nostalgia talking but I'm a pretty big fan of this game. The stages are huge and don't feel repetitive, at least until near the end when you die and the last checkpoint was miles off. The team idea is often shot down but in my opinion it works. Switching between the three charactersSonic Heroes seems to be that marmite Sonic game that some people liked and others hated. Perhaps it's the nostalgia talking but I'm a pretty big fan of this game. The stages are huge and don't feel repetitive, at least until near the end when you die and the last checkpoint was miles off. The team idea is often shot down but in my opinion it works. Switching between the three characters feels smooth since they all move at similar speed (no giant contrast like in Sonic Unleashed) and they're all easy to use. The graphics were great back then, and even today they're really nice to look at. The voice acting is a mixed bag. Sonic, Tails, Charmy and Team Rose get on my nerves sometimes but other than that it's pretty high quality stuff. This is a step down from Sonic Adventure, but not a huge nosedive like many make it out to be. Expand
  13. Feb 9, 2016
    This game is best enjoyed one story at a time and when you take breaks in between each team don't go each team one after another you will think that this game will be repative as all heck
  14. Nov 3, 2011
    While it was too different at first, I really came to connect with this game and get drawn into the story and unique gameplay. While it had many of the same elements from past Sonic game, it was completely different in it's own way with it's vast uniqueness int he formula of using three characters at once. I really enjoyed it! One of my favorite final bosses ever -- Metal Overlord.
  15. Jun 12, 2015
    Sonic Heroes is almost controversial throughout the Sonic fanbase. Opinions range from either amazing to okay, or to just downright awful. But the honest to goodness truth here is, that Sonic Heroes is underrated. This is an extremely fun game and I highly recommend it. The game isnt perfect but its close, why this game got it nearly 100% right! Lets look at the pros of this game first. 1.Sonic Heroes is almost controversial throughout the Sonic fanbase. Opinions range from either amazing to okay, or to just downright awful. But the honest to goodness truth here is, that Sonic Heroes is underrated. This is an extremely fun game and I highly recommend it. The game isnt perfect but its close, why this game got it nearly 100% right! Lets look at the pros of this game first. 1. Graphics. Now i know alot of people cover this when talking about Heroes, but the graphics are just beautiful! They have slimply held up amazing over all these years since its release! 2. Story. Alot of people criticize the story, but its nothing too shabby. But Team Dark's story is the most interesting and detailed. I won't go into detail though, I'd hate to spoil the game for readers. 3. Level design. The level design is very enjoyable, filled with unique gimmicks such as grinding rails, thrill rides, twists and turns, speed (of course), and the like. 4. Soundtrack. Boy is this one of the best Sonic soundtracks to date! Each game stage has a memorable theme that sets the vibe for the setting that you're in. Oh and the main theme and final boss theme will be guaranteed to be stuck in your head as well! 5. Voice acting. Not much to say here but this only has one flaw. They picked the wrong voice for Tails. They should've just used his Adventure actor, i have no idea why they didn't. Now for the cons. Only one real significant con and that is the controls and camera. Now i like my Sonic games with insane/run off the screen speed, but it can get a little out of hand sometimes, often leading to running into an enemy, falling off the level, etc. You can also thank the camera for parts of these problems. It can be deceving at times, especially the more open environment spaced out levels, whether you close miss a rail or miss a platform because the camera throws your aim off. But in the end, its a fun and memorable experience for almost any kind of gamer. If possible, avoid the PS2 version, due to existing issues such as low framerate, which is not present in other versions. The game used an engine so it could be easily ported to other systems, but was ported directly from the GameCube, which is why you hear that the GameCube version has the least issues. I highly recommend this game. Also available on XBOX and PC. Expand
  16. Dec 11, 2013
    I love Sonic Heroes. It brings back a lot of nostalgia from when I was little. Sure, this game has it's flaws, but I forgive it because I have had a lot of fun playing this game and I will remember it for a long time. The soundtrack is amazing and memorable too. I will always remember the main theme song, although I never understood the words clearly. :)

Soundtrack: 10 Gameplay: 9.8

Soundtrack: 10
    Gameplay: 9.8
    Graphics: 9.5

Total: 9.8 (rounding it to 10)
  17. Nov 23, 2015
    First sonic game I ever played and I loved it one of the good sonic games out there but it still has flaws like its slippery and a little frustrating but you have to play this game all sonic fans should play this or anybody for that matter
  18. Jan 11, 2014
    Man, this game is a pain to play. But I sure love it to bits. I have found hours of enjoyment from the gameplay, even though at points it is a bit tough due to the camera. The graphics are almost perfect, but the voice acting is bad. The music is better than average, which is where I pull most of my enjoyment from a game.

This and Shadow the Hedgehog are definitely work the purchase.
  19. Aug 25, 2013
    This is one of the first games I ever played. Even though there are flaws, my nostalgia is to strong to hate it. The game is looks amazing. the voice acting is meh. Fantastic gameplay.
  20. CecilyB.
    Jan 2, 2004
    it's sonic...even though in the demo there where i few bugs...i'm sure they fixed them,the cutscenes look wonderful, when i seen them online.a nd with a good comeback, shadow returns! most of the english voice actors who lent there voices in sonic adventure 1 & 2 are back with a vengeance...i can't wait to hear how team chaotix, and cream the rabbit sounds.
  21. Markc
    Dec 7, 2003
    i give this game a 10 because i have played it on a bonus disc the graphics are overwelming this out does many gamecube games by far
  22. HunterB.
    Jan 3, 2004
    It helps you to know all the heroes and villians of sonic. It is sorta like sonic dx. And it has awesome graphics.
  23. LinusJ.
    Jan 8, 2004
    It rocks.
  24. Bigguy
    Jan 9, 2004
    This game is totally cool. i like practically played it non stop when i got it. last night we were alone and i beat off while staring at sonics ass on the screen. just playing it gives me a chub. thanks sonic.
  25. William
    Feb 2, 2004
    Alright here's a comment that is inbetween. The Gameplay is fun and it's pretty cool. There also a change in difficultly unlike the past 3D Sonic Games(and I love the 3D & 2D Sonic Series). The Game is pretty much a solid action/platformer worthy for most of it price. The Problems I feel that should be address is the Camera(which Sonic Team still needs to correct), also the game Alright here's a comment that is inbetween. The Gameplay is fun and it's pretty cool. There also a change in difficultly unlike the past 3D Sonic Games(and I love the 3D & 2D Sonic Series). The Game is pretty much a solid action/platformer worthy for most of it price. The Problems I feel that should be address is the Camera(which Sonic Team still needs to correct), also the game can be a bit frustrating(Especially on Team Chaotix), and also the levels are somewhat the same except for Length, Enemies, etc. It depends more on Difficulty. One more thing the GC version has English Voices which may annoy some people who can't stand them (I like them, but I want to hjear the japanese ones). Other than that, this is a very good game that brings to mind that Sonic Team is getting Some Idea (especially Yuji Naka). This is worth the price of admission easily if you are a fan of atleast recent Sonic Games(Even the GameCube ports). One Note: Use team Rose first to get adjusted and the fact they can get the emeralds easier will help(Use Big, he'll get it in almost no time if you're good enough to dodge the bombs and get the spheres) Expand
  26. GrahamG
    Aug 30, 2008
    a great sonic game and certainly my favorite 3D sonic game, but only hardcore fans will see it through to the final ending
  27. IanA
    Dec 20, 2009
    Very Good! Better than the new ones. The main game is a bit easy, but the bonus quests are challenging. The camera may suck @$$, and the game may be short, but only costs $8 used at gamestop, and is the most solid 3-D Sonic game out there.
  28. MartyP.
    Dec 10, 2003
    it looks so kool (yes it is soooooo kool it has a k instead of a c)
  29. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Fast fun but won't last long.
    Oct 24, 2004
    It's a really good game but many of the Sonic games have almost the same concept so it was really easy for me to beat...overall, this game will be great for adventure lovers.
  31. JimL.
    Jan 8, 2004
    What can i say it is brilliant.
  32. J.Max
    Aug 15, 2004
    This Game is AWESOME I hope there will be other Sonic games like that.
  33. DavidM.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Sonic Heroes is the best 3D game of all the Sonic games i want everybody know that this game is the best ever i hope let be Super Sonic and Super Shadow and on 2 players to thats would be nice so everybody get this hot 3D Sonic game for GameCube,Xbox,Playstation 2 ok
  34. Dec 29, 2011
    Sonic Heroes is a pretty good game. It's fun, good fun. You will see your self getting into plenty off platforming as the game has many platforming moments like a classic sonic game. There are plenty of hidden areas such as a hidden V.I.P pinball room in Casino highway. They even had a sonic 2-esque special stage. You will get many hours of entertainment, but you may get frustrated whenSonic Heroes is a pretty good game. It's fun, good fun. You will see your self getting into plenty off platforming as the game has many platforming moments like a classic sonic game. There are plenty of hidden areas such as a hidden V.I.P pinball room in Casino highway. They even had a sonic 2-esque special stage. You will get many hours of entertainment, but you may get frustrated when you find weird instant deaths occurring in small parts of the game. To add to that note, you'll only want to play as Team Sonic, as team dark isnt interesting, team rose is retarded, & team chaotix is....well there missions are too short to me. The graphics are vibrant & colorful. This game has much potential, but things such as weird ingame bugs & the fact that most areas are labeled with which person you have to use kinda ruin it. So an 8 is my score. Solid game, solid gameplay, some annoying bugs.... Expand

#5 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 786]
  2. The glorious 3D speed rush is still broken by moments where you will csream with rage inspired by whatever sadism or idiocy has kept Sonic Team from fixing its camera and control schemes after five years of 3D Sonic games.
  3. The camera is crap, the scale is awkward, the story and characters are basic and cringe-worthy, the combat is tedious, the platforming and puzzling is too basic, and I was well bored of it by the time I conquered the final level with the first of the four Teams, which wasn't even that long after I first grabbed it out of the shrink-wrap.