Sonic Mega Collection GameCube

• Release Date: Nov 10, 2002
8.8

1. Someonewholikessonic
    Apr 26, 2003
    It's a great game, people think it is rubbish because of no Sonic CD, but you can only fit so many great Mega Drive titles on such a small disk, i have all these on my Mega Drive but i thought, whattever and bought it for my GameCube. The Archie comics are good, but i can't buy them because they are not for sale where i live. So it's a good opportunity for me to see them.It's a great game, people think it is rubbish because of no Sonic CD, but you can only fit so many great Mega Drive titles on such a small disk, i have all these on my Mega Drive but i thought, whattever and bought it for my GameCube. The Archie comics are good, but i can't buy them because they are not for sale where i live. So it's a good opportunity for me to see them. The non sonic games are good too. I can't wait for Sonic Adventure DX to come out, even tough i have Sonic Adventure for my Dreamcast, i will probably still get i, and Sonic Advance 2, cause i have every Sonic game there ever has been. I can't wait, i'm glad Sonic went on Nintendo! That's what i think, and i'm sure a lot of people think the same, sonic rulz, ok. Collapse
  2. StuartFlash
    Jan 9, 2003
    Sonic Rocks, and so does the Mega Games. Giving an awesome collection of Sonic CLassics, plus all the bonus extras, its by far the best sonic game for GC.
  3. LeeH.
    Mar 10, 2003
    A brilliant compilation when you here the words "sega" i takes you back to the old games, a great compilation. a must have for sonic fans. but i wish it had sonic jam and sonic cd. can't wait till sonic adventure dx comes out!
  4. DjKersch
    Mar 1, 2003
    The sickestgame. Better than Metroid Prime.
  5. PaulO.
    Mar 4, 2003
    Phat.
  6. RossP.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Sonic fan or not, a fan-tastic game.
  7. RyanM.
    Feb 8, 2003
    This is a realy good game saga is still on of my favorite systems even with the cube box and ps2 out i still lie turning on my saga and playing as my favorite caricter of all time sonice the headchoge if u have ever played saga and played sonic 1,2,3 or sonic and nuckles u probobly know what i mean this is a really good idea and im really glad saga decided to make this game i think u This is a realy good game saga is still on of my favorite systems even with the cube box and ps2 out i still lie turning on my saga and playing as my favorite caricter of all time sonice the headchoge if u have ever played saga and played sonic 1,2,3 or sonic and nuckles u probobly know what i mean this is a really good idea and im really glad saga decided to make this game i think u shuld get it if your looking 4 a good cube game if u do get it good luck. Expand
  8. SkythePurpleHedgeHog(Rebecca)
    Mar 20, 2003
    Amazing. Its awsome. P.S I LOVE SONIC!!!
  9. XISMZERO
    Jul 13, 2003
    Has some shortcomings and problems but SMC are good old memories to cherish in a complete package - Nintendo needs to follow suit with Mario and Zelda... Capcom needs to with Mega Man as well.
  10. StenioS.
    Apr 28, 2004
    É uma grande coleção, dispensa comentarios.
  11. JosephR.
    May 19, 2003
    The game is beri good.
  12. FredHall
    Nov 15, 2005
    Great game. Now I don' t have to dust off the old Sega to play my sonic games.
  13. SteveC.
    Nov 18, 2002
    It has all the best Sonic Games on it!
  14. Mar 22, 2012
    Sonic Mega Collection is a compilation of some of Sonic the Hedgehog's greatest games along with a few Sonic spinoffs and two bonus games not related to Sonic at all. The games that come in this compilation consists of Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis US version), Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive Japanese version), Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis US Version), Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis USSonic Mega Collection is a compilation of some of Sonic the Hedgehog's greatest games along with a few Sonic spinoffs and two bonus games not related to Sonic at all. The games that come in this compilation consists of Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis US version), Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive Japanese version), Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis US Version), Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis US Version), Sonic and Knuckles (Genesis US Version), Lock-On Sonic 1 & Knuckles: Blue Spheres Minigame (Genesis US Version), Lock-On Sonic 2 & Knuckles: Knuckles in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis US Version), Lock-On Sonic 3 and Knuckles: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis US Version), Sonic Spinball (Genesis US Version), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis US Version), Flickey (Genesis US Version) and Ristar (Genesis US Version). The Emulation of the games overall are amazing but not completely perfect. There are very minimal differences with audio and some graphical effects but nothing that really effects the experience much at all. The game includes nice bonuses such as full readable instruction manuals and a full readable comic book, , a collection of Comic Book cover illustrations, cutscenes from Sonic CD, Concept art, advertisements for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Advanced 2 and more. The games retain their two player modes but certain cheat codes are disabled or modified (Knuckles for some reason can no longer access Sonic/Tails exclusive stages through level select in S&K and S3&K and obviously Sonic/Tails can't access Knuckles' version Sky Sanctuary Zone either.) Overall this game is a cheaply priced compilation filled with many quality games and it definitely worth a purchase by Sonic fans or people who love nostalgic platformer games from the 16-bit era of the 1990s. Expand
  15. Mar 6, 2013
    The best collection of games I have and frankly if you have no other way to play the original Sonic games I would highly suggest this collection and the Gems Collection as well. I still have yet to unlock all the secrets, but the extra content is pretty impressive. Definately a great collction. Heck even the music is great!
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    With 12 outstanding games and many extras hidden within the small disk, this game deserves a place on your video game shelf. The game is cheaper than buying their Genesis/Mega Drive versions together, and that's great! You'll want this game's Sonic the Hedgehog over the cruddy GBA version.
  17. Jun 17, 2016
    The game itself is really good, with the classic Sonic games we all know and love, except with save capabilities. The only problem is a fault with the GameCube's controller. Sonic is very difficult to control with the stiff GameCube d-pad. In itself however, the game is a must have if you don't own a Sega console.

#16 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

1. This title is a vastly preferable alternative to a myriad Sonic Advances in the style of Nintendo's Mario rehashes.
  2. Lost however is some of the speed and flow of the previous games; a little too much in the way of exploration involved for a Sonic game (if you want to find all the bonus level entrances anyway).
  3. For $40, this is one of the greatest compilation games ever released.