9.1

1. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 8.5

A very good game, with nice graphics and nice gameplay. The presence of Link helps to shine even more.
    Recommended.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    I have played a lot of fighting games, the best one is Super Smash Bros. Melee. This one is a very close second but I still feel that this game is really great. Graphics are good for the time, characters are great, and the music makes chills go down my spine. This game makes me feel like I'm going straight into battle and might actually might die. Soulcalibur as a series is somewhat of aI have played a lot of fighting games, the best one is Super Smash Bros. Melee. This one is a very close second but I still feel that this game is really great. Graphics are good for the time, characters are great, and the music makes chills go down my spine. This game makes me feel like I'm going straight into battle and might actually might die. Soulcalibur as a series is somewhat of a forgotten Gem, the fist game of the series is a good game but I rarely hear about people who played it. For some reason all the other games in the series have some sort of cameo in there games. Link was in the gamecube and Spawn was in the Xbox release. I liked that there were different characters in both copies of the game, small differences that make a the experiences different for the players of the game. Regardless of the lack of story line and lack of interaction in regards of other types of fighting, I really do like this game but I only like this game out of the series. The third game is cool I guess but the fourth is not good and only really has some customization in it and some online play. The series needs to take a page out of MK's book and stay to there roots. Yes I know that MK has made some games but they were only because of the story they were trying to tell. In the end Soulcalibur II is awesome and if you like Link trust me this is the best cameo ever. Never played the Xbox version but I probably would feel the same, I highly recommend on people playing this gem. Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    As far as 3D fighting games go, this is as good as it gets. Soul Calibur 2 is an amazing fighting game, full of challenges to conquer, characters and weapons to unlock, and stages to try out. The mechanics are solid, the music is great, and the characters are well designed. The best part of this game is the inclusion of Link as a playable character.

If you're a fan of fighting games,

If you're a fan of fighting games, don't miss this one. It's one of the best.
  4. Mar 16, 2013
    Amazing graphics for the gamecube, balanced fast and fun gameplay, great charisma of the characters, master of weapons mode, duration, great extra stuff like photos, artworks or videos, the addition of Link. This game doesn't need more.
  5. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the second best fighting game on the Gamecube, only behind Melee. Gameplay and graphics are combined to form one of the most exalted entries in the series and rightfully so. Having tons of content surprisingly packed into the adventure and a varied cast of characters (including an awesome Link), this is a must-have for the Gamecube that will provide endless amounts of fun.
  6. Jun 25, 2012
    This is, in my opinion, the best fighting game of all time. The ammount of modes are wonderful, the gameplay is excellent, and the game looks great. There are loads of content to unlock and I love playing it still. This is one of my all time favorite games.
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    It's been nearly a decade and this Soul Calibur is still the best by leaps and bounds. My friends and I still play it since the rest of the franchise is made of dress up games.
  8. Feb 7, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. The gameplay, sound, and graphics are great. The characters are awesome. Link is a worthy addition to this game. There are a variety of modes.
  9. Jun 22, 2011
    One of the best DC games ever get one of the best fighting game sequels to date. Pros: Excellent graphics, sound, and control; likable characters; lots of easy-to-learn combos; lots of single-player and multiplayer modes; Link is the best of the trio's exclusive characters. Cons: No online play.
  10. Jun 4, 2011
    Easily one of the best fighting games ever. Pros: Beautiful graphics; variety of characters and weapons; variety of modes; Weapon Master; Link. Cons: Lack of unlockable characters and content.
  11. Jan 8, 2011
    SoulCaliber 2 is new and ultimately one of the best games for the gamecube. The characters are attractive and this game boasts great graphics, with extremely fast moves. The story mode will keep you well entertained, whilst there are many different modes on the VS mode to keep you playing with friends and family for hours on end. There are no flaws with this game, the reason for failingSoulCaliber 2 is new and ultimately one of the best games for the gamecube. The characters are attractive and this game boasts great graphics, with extremely fast moves. The story mode will keep you well entertained, whilst there are many different modes on the VS mode to keep you playing with friends and family for hours on end. There are no flaws with this game, the reason for failing full marks is, when you play the game, as you will see, it just seems to be missing something that you can't quite put your finger on. Expand
  12. JohnS
    Sep 10, 2009
    Everything about this game is cool. The characters each had their own stand out style personality. A whole slew of modes keeps the fun going. but i found a bit wrong also. Berserker, Assassian, and Lizardman featured limited play and only one weapon each. they should have had their own characters along with charade. over all, i found the level design to be dull as well. it's still a Everything about this game is cool. The characters each had their own stand out style personality. A whole slew of modes keeps the fun going. but i found a bit wrong also. Berserker, Assassian, and Lizardman featured limited play and only one weapon each. they should have had their own characters along with charade. over all, i found the level design to be dull as well. it's still a great game underneath. Expand
  13. AaronP.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I love what namco did by having Link in the game it makes the experience better by playing as a great long loved Nintendo character in a awesome fighting game. This game is awesome every one should get a taste of the game!
  14. BenjaminB.
    Jan 10, 2007
    Soul Calibur II is a well-made fighter that has wonderful multiplayer and deep combat. The character models are breathtaking, and there's loads of unlockable weapons and other stuff. The only problem is that the computer players tend to be rather stupid, and the Weapon Master mode (SCII's story mode) is too long-winded and repetitive. But as far as two player duels go, it Soul Calibur II is a well-made fighter that has wonderful multiplayer and deep combat. The character models are breathtaking, and there's loads of unlockable weapons and other stuff. The only problem is that the computer players tend to be rather stupid, and the Weapon Master mode (SCII's story mode) is too long-winded and repetitive. But as far as two player duels go, it doesn't get better than this. Expand
  15. PatrickA.
    Oct 17, 2006
    I think the game is aswome, the graphics are fine. The most astonishing part was all of the levels. I love games like this with tons of level beacuse you dont have to get board of beating it in two weeks. This game is da' bomb!
  16. M.S.
    May 4, 2006
    This is a positively incredible gaming experience. To be honest I could care less about the first SC because from what I've heard it's pretty much the same as this. So on that note...Let's begin shall we? The graphics. Yes these graphics are wonderfully detailed and brilliently rendered, only Tekken 5 has looked better than this. The character models are splendidly This is a positively incredible gaming experience. To be honest I could care less about the first SC because from what I've heard it's pretty much the same as this. So on that note...Let's begin shall we? The graphics. Yes these graphics are wonderfully detailed and brilliently rendered, only Tekken 5 has looked better than this. The character models are splendidly detailed, the animations run smooth as hell, and to top it off the environments look fantastic. The sound. Yes well I felt some of the voice actors and actresses were really execllent...but some of them were either overly zealous or irritating beyond belief. The best of the lot were those of Raphael, Cervantes, Ivy, Kilik, Taki, Yoshimitsu (Hilarious), and Mitsurugi. The music is terrific and suits the epic feel of the game's combat quite well. The gameplay. The gameplay is perfect...enough said. The value. There is simply a ton to do in this game and even after you unlock everything you get rewarded with more modes and characters to extend the play time double. So unlcoking is not the only reason to keep playing. It's what happens WHEN you unlock stuff. If I have one reason to score this lower than the xbox version it's this. Link was terribly executed and a joke to look at and to hear. Not at all fun to play as. But everything else is near flawless. Expand
  17. TonyG.
    Jan 14, 2006
    how did they fit all that on 1 little disc??? tremendously huge. this is why i play video games. thank the video game god this is a greatest hit title ... even though i would definitly pay $50 for it. worth what ever penny you pay. truly outstanding all around. greatest fighter of all time. perfect!
  18. SarahE.
    Dec 28, 2005
    While playing the game, I noticed how well executed the fighting moves are. I was also amazed at how realistic the very posture and conduct of each character is. I think the storyline was good but had some errors in it. Also, I was a bit baffled that the good sword, Soul Calibur, was almost just as demonic looking and ugly as Soul Edge. Overall, the game is great and the graphics are superior.
  19. EduardoR.
    Oct 21, 2005
    I used to think Mortal Kombat Deception was the best fighting game for GC. I was wrong. Besides, you can play as LINK. It makes all the diference.
  20. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    While its essentially a port from the DC, there isn't really anything that they could have done better. With great controls and a focus on timing on attack choice instead of Mortal Kombat's tedious and boring combo memorization, this highly intuitive fighter should set the bar as to what fighting games should be.
  21. EddieH.
    Sep 2, 2005
    Very over rated game. There are no cut scenes and the story is horrible. The graphics are very good. Most of the weapons are not needed because there is 1 or 2 that is clearly the best choice no matter what. The gamecube version had Link which was really cool though.
  22. ArturG.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This IS the best fighting game ever!
  23. MikH.
    Jan 19, 2005
    I used to be a huge fan of this game on the Dreamcast and it has only gotten better on the GameCube! Loads of characters and weapons, superb graphics and amazing game play make this 3-D weapon wielder suitable for either novice pick-up-and-play button bashers like your Dad, or experienced 24:7 gaming masters. With a plethora of different game modes and characters you will be playing this I used to be a huge fan of this game on the Dreamcast and it has only gotten better on the GameCube! Loads of characters and weapons, superb graphics and amazing game play make this 3-D weapon wielder suitable for either novice pick-up-and-play button bashers like your Dad, or experienced 24:7 gaming masters. With a plethora of different game modes and characters you will be playing this game for years to come. Soul Calibur 2 is THE complete 3-D beat em' up, and is an essential game for GameCube/PS2/Xbox owners alike. Expand
  24. AlvaroC.
    Dec 5, 2004
    This is a button masher highly over-rated game.
  25. JOESUMO?
    Nov 9, 2004
    The sweetest fighting game ever. Fairly repetitive but as far as fighting games go, it doesnt get much better. Its got over 200 weapons 20+ characters, hundreds of sweet moves, and a long interesting story mode with enough twists, turns, and challenges to keep u interested til the end. A BEST BUY!
  26. AB
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is amazing in all aspects. The graphics are gorgeous, the music is beautiful, and (most importantly) you can play as Link! Yes, the Link from Zelda! And, oh yeah, the gameplay is great, too. And you can play as Link!
  27. Gene
    Jul 25, 2004
    This game is great. Realistic sounds and graphics, a great musical score, and fun to use characters. The only thing I dislike about it is that the computer is so cheap. This game usually cheats and I can hardly ever get past some Weapon Master levels. This is a must-have for fighting gamers everywhere.
  28. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Link baby. this is the version you buy. the 1 point off is because after hours of play i got a sick stomach. and didn't play for weeks. but i played it again and was just as pleased as i was when i had started.
  29. NikN.
    Jul 2, 2004
    Rarely do fighting games work for me. This, however, was quite the exeption. As opposed to many fighting games, this game is more than merely a bunch of grown men and women punching the crap out of each other. There is plenty of tactics and preferences, arsenals, costume designs, and countless unlockables things that could keep me playing this game until the cows come home. And I really Rarely do fighting games work for me. This, however, was quite the exeption. As opposed to many fighting games, this game is more than merely a bunch of grown men and women punching the crap out of each other. There is plenty of tactics and preferences, arsenals, costume designs, and countless unlockables things that could keep me playing this game until the cows come home. And I really like the character Kilik.....Go bhuddists! Expand
  30. ProfessorFrink
    Jun 14, 2004
    This. Is. The. Best. Fighting. Game. Ever. Made. Right down to the detailed storyline, the many, many, MANY weapons, and the good graphics. Don't miss out on buying this, it's only about 20$ now.

For the vast majority of the gaming world, this is quite easily the best 3D beat 'em up ever made.
  2. No other beat 'em up developer is quite as willing to experiment with the form in a bid to stave off the moribundity that's gradually subsuming the genre. [Import - June 2003, p.88]
    No two battles are ever the same, something new always seems to crop up each time. It is the essence of fun, dedication and competition that causes players to continue competing and hoping to get better. [JPN Import]