SoulCalibur II GameCube

8.8

1. NikN.
    Jul 2, 2004
    Rarely do fighting games work for me. This, however, was quite the exeption. As opposed to many fighting games, this game is more than merely a bunch of grown men and women punching the crap out of each other. There is plenty of tactics and preferences, arsenals, costume designs, and countless unlockables things that could keep me playing this game until the cows come home. And I really Rarely do fighting games work for me. This, however, was quite the exeption. As opposed to many fighting games, this game is more than merely a bunch of grown men and women punching the crap out of each other. There is plenty of tactics and preferences, arsenals, costume designs, and countless unlockables things that could keep me playing this game until the cows come home. And I really like the character Kilik.....Go bhuddists! Expand
  2. AzizK.
    Sep 22, 2003
    ANOTHER EXCELLENT GAMECUBE GAME!!
  3. Afro
    Sep 30, 2003
    This is one cool game, I could not belive that you could finish this game in a day(weapons master mode!
  4. ArturG.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This IS the best fighting game ever!
  5. Cantbbeat
    Oct 28, 2003
    This game is gangsta better than the other soulcalibur. yall think the game is easy because yall put the diff. level on easy haha loserz...
  6. Hal9000
    May 28, 2003
    I bought the Jap version of this game a month or so ago with a freeloader disc and i can tell you almost all the game is in english so god knows why its not guna be in the uk till autumn? Anyway this is the best beatemup I've played. it moves beautifully and plays superbly (mainly played as a multiplayer) and I liked it so much I would happily recomend paying £55 for it annnd I bought the Jap version of this game a month or so ago with a freeloader disc and i can tell you almost all the game is in english so god knows why its not guna be in the uk till autumn? Anyway this is the best beatemup I've played. it moves beautifully and plays superbly (mainly played as a multiplayer) and I liked it so much I would happily recomend paying £55 for it annnd I'm guna buy it for the Xbox as well... get it cos you wont be disappointed. Expand
  7. AndreS.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Soul Calibur ll looks tight and with Link it kicks ass! The gamecube version of sc2 beats the ps2 and xbox by a long shot!!
  8. CarlosA.
    Jul 31, 2003
    It's an awesome videogame! excellent fighting and great characters.link is also great and the control on the characters is outstanding.
  9. MikeS.
    Aug 26, 2003
    This is is one of the best games ever made.
  10. ZeroG.
    Sep 13, 2003
    Link is the BEST!!
  11. TiksonY.
    Sep 30, 2003
    This game is the worlds best fight game i seen. and Link is the best.
  12. RyanM.
    Sep 6, 2003
    Fun as hell. Excellent graphics..GREAT!! control. BEST VERSION!!!! LINK
  13. A.S
    Jan 27, 2004
    Man you wrote a lot...but this game is cool. Link is better than Spawn and Heihachi.
  14. EduardoR.
    Oct 21, 2005
    I used to think Mortal Kombat Deception was the best fighting game for GC. I was wrong. Besides, you can play as LINK. It makes all the diference.
  15. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    While its essentially a port from the DC, there isn't really anything that they could have done better. With great controls and a focus on timing on attack choice instead of Mortal Kombat's tedious and boring combo memorization, this highly intuitive fighter should set the bar as to what fighting games should be.
  16. JesseM.
    Nov 23, 2003
    I LOVE this game! I mean after you beat Weapon Master it get's super hard to get more experiance points but the game still rules and is a blast!
  17. Wario
    Dec 30, 2003
    This game is one of the best fighting titles ever. However I do think they could have put a bit more effort into the voice acting, especially Links.
  18. AnthonyC.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Although i did like the first one i think SC2 has to be at least 20X better.
  19. BlancoA.
    May 14, 2003
    Link looks incredibly cool in this game. I played it for about 20 minutes at E3 this morning, and I was far from disappointed. It certainly picks up from where the Dreamcast game left off in terms of quality gameplay.
  20. MIkeM.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Its great, the best fighting game since Super Smash Bros.
  21. ShawnT.
    Jul 23, 2003
    Greatest game since Super Smash Bros.? Try greatest game since Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
  22. JOESUMO?
    Nov 9, 2004
    The sweetest fighting game ever. Fairly repetitive but as far as fighting games go, it doesnt get much better. Its got over 200 weapons 20+ characters, hundreds of sweet moves, and a long interesting story mode with enough twists, turns, and challenges to keep u interested til the end. A BEST BUY!
  23. Cubeoid
    Jan 21, 2004
    This is the best fighter ever. Amazing graphics, atmospheric music and wonderfully deep gameplay.
  24. AB
    Oct 29, 2004
    This game is amazing in all aspects. The graphics are gorgeous, the music is beautiful, and (most importantly) you can play as Link! Yes, the Link from Zelda! And, oh yeah, the gameplay is great, too. And you can play as Link!
  25. ProfessorFrink
    Jun 14, 2004
    This. Is. The. Best. Fighting. Game. Ever. Made. Right down to the detailed storyline, the many, many, MANY weapons, and the good graphics. Don't miss out on buying this, it's only about 20$ now.
  26. MikH.
    Jan 19, 2005
    I used to be a huge fan of this game on the Dreamcast and it has only gotten better on the GameCube! Loads of characters and weapons, superb graphics and amazing game play make this 3-D weapon wielder suitable for either novice pick-up-and-play button bashers like your Dad, or experienced 24:7 gaming masters. With a plethora of different game modes and characters you will be playing this I used to be a huge fan of this game on the Dreamcast and it has only gotten better on the GameCube! Loads of characters and weapons, superb graphics and amazing game play make this 3-D weapon wielder suitable for either novice pick-up-and-play button bashers like your Dad, or experienced 24:7 gaming masters. With a plethora of different game modes and characters you will be playing this game for years to come. Soul Calibur 2 is THE complete 3-D beat em' up, and is an essential game for GameCube/PS2/Xbox owners alike. Expand
  27. AaronP.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I love what namco did by having Link in the game it makes the experience better by playing as a great long loved Nintendo character in a awesome fighting game. This game is awesome every one should get a taste of the game!
  28. LinkRules
    Nov 1, 2003
    Yep.... It's awesome.
  29. JerryS.
    Aug 12, 2003
    Just one word: Cool!!!
  30. DirtySoap
    Aug 16, 2003
    Greatest game since MK: Deadly Alliance? Try best game since Soul Calibur 1! MK: Deadly Alliance was a blip on the mediocre fighting game radar screen. All these years, they still can't make a good fighting engine, or spell. I played SC2 in the arcade,... fantastic!

#5 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

For the vast majority of the gaming world, this is quite easily the best 3D beat 'em up ever made.
  2. Edge Magazine
    No other beat 'em up developer is quite as willing to experiment with the form in a bid to stave off the moribundity that's gradually subsuming the genre. [Import - June 2003, p.88]
    No two battles are ever the same, something new always seems to crop up each time. It is the essence of fun, dedication and competition that causes players to continue competing and hoping to get better. [JPN Import]