9.1

1. Jun 22, 2011
    One of the best DC games ever get one of the best fighting game sequels to date. Pros: Excellent graphics, sound, and control; likable characters; lots of easy-to-learn combos; lots of single-player and multiplayer modes; Link is the best of the trio's exclusive characters. Cons: No online play.
  2. Mar 16, 2013
    Amazing graphics for the gamecube, balanced fast and fun gameplay, great charisma of the characters, master of weapons mode, duration, great extra stuff like photos, artworks or videos, the addition of Link. This game doesn't need more.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    SoulCaliber 2 is new and ultimately one of the best games for the gamecube. The characters are attractive and this game boasts great graphics, with extremely fast moves. The story mode will keep you well entertained, whilst there are many different modes on the VS mode to keep you playing with friends and family for hours on end. There are no flaws with this game, the reason for failing full marks is, when you play the game, as you will see, it just seems to be missing something that you can't quite put your finger on. Collapse
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    Easily one of the best fighting games ever. Pros: Beautiful graphics; variety of characters and weapons; variety of modes; Weapon Master; Link. Cons: Lack of unlockable characters and content.
  5. Feb 7, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. The gameplay, sound, and graphics are great. The characters are awesome. Link is a worthy addition to this game. There are a variety of modes.
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    It's been nearly a decade and this Soul Calibur is still the best by leaps and bounds. My friends and I still play it since the rest of the franchise is made of dress up games.
  7. Jun 25, 2012
    This is, in my opinion, the best fighting game of all time. The ammount of modes are wonderful, the gameplay is excellent, and the game looks great. There are loads of content to unlock and I love playing it still. This is one of my all time favorite games.
  8. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the second best fighting game on the Gamecube, only behind Melee. Gameplay and graphics are combined to form one of the most exalted entries in the series and rightfully so. Having tons of content surprisingly packed into the adventure and a varied cast of characters (including an awesome Link), this is a must-have for the Gamecube that will provide endless amounts of fun.
  9. Jun 26, 2013
    As far as 3D fighting games go, this is as good as it gets. Soul Calibur 2 is an amazing fighting game, full of challenges to conquer, characters and weapons to unlock, and stages to try out. The mechanics are solid, the music is great, and the characters are well designed. The best part of this game is the inclusion of Link as a playable character.

If you're a fan of fighting games,
    don't miss this one. It's one of the best. Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2013
    I have played a lot of fighting games, the best one is Super Smash Bros. Melee. This one is a very close second but I still feel that this game is really great. Graphics are good for the time, characters are great, and the music makes chills go down my spine. This game makes me feel like I'm going straight into battle and might actually might die. Soulcalibur as a series is somewhat of a forgotten Gem, the fist game of the series is a good game but I rarely hear about people who played it. For some reason all the other games in the series have some sort of cameo in there games. Link was in the gamecube and Spawn was in the Xbox release. I liked that there were different characters in both copies of the game, small differences that make a the experiences different for the players of the game. Regardless of the lack of story line and lack of interaction in regards of other types of fighting, I really do like this game but I only like this game out of the series. The third game is cool I guess but the fourth is not good and only really has some customization in it and some online play. The series needs to take a page out of MK's book and stay to there roots. Yes I know that MK has made some games but they were only because of the story they were trying to tell. In the end Soulcalibur II is awesome and if you like Link trust me this is the best cameo ever. Never played the Xbox version but I probably would feel the same, I highly recommend on people playing this gem. Expand
  11. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 8.5

A very good game, with nice graphics and nice gameplay. The presence of Link helps to shine even more.
    Recommended.
  12. Jan 8, 2011

For the vast majority of the gaming world, this is quite easily the best 3D beat 'em up ever made.
  2. No other beat 'em up developer is quite as willing to experiment with the form in a bid to stave off the moribundity that's gradually subsuming the genre. [Import - June 2003, p.88]
    No two battles are ever the same, something new always seems to crop up each time. It is the essence of fun, dedication and competition that causes players to continue competing and hoping to get better. [JPN Import]