8.2

1. Sep 13, 2011
    Bloody hell. This is not good. What started off as a classic space shooting franchise has now turned into half-arsed cross-over attempts. I do admit the graphics are very good and Krystal and Wolf's voices are pretty much bang on, all other voice actors didn't seem to care, even Grant Goodeve, who did a very good job of voicing Team Fortress 2's Engineer. The game is too short, Panther should die in a fire, somebody should teabag the on-foot missions, the controls in the in-flight modes appear to be made to feel like balsa wood and just simply, it's no fun. If the franchise keeps on going at this rate, another beloved franchise will fall into a pit of lost dreams and hopes. Thanks a lot Namco. Expand
  2. Jun 7, 2011
    I'm baffled by how low of a score this got. Star Fox Adventures was an awful Star Fox game (note it wasn't a bad game generally speaking). This game lived up to my expectations as to what a star fox game should be. The Arwing and Landmaster controls feel very familiar and I had no trouble adjusting to them. Since it was extremely difficult to unlock the On-Foot mode for multiplayer in star fox 64 (yes, that exists...) I only got to try that out a little bit. But it wasn't too far off from what they had in this game when you were on foot. The single player story, while not as good as star fox 64's, was very enjoyable. As a star fox fan I felt very gratified when I finished it. I actually thought it was a bit long for a star fox game, but it wasn't too long that you couldn't play through it in a sitting. This is important because with the first two (released) star fox games they have high replay values and play more like arcade games.

In short, if you are a fan of star fox or simply a fan of 3rd person rail shooters....you should check this game out.
  3. Jul 3, 2011
    I've lost all respect for Star Fox when they released this game. I wanted to feel the old school Star Fox while i played this game, but the bulky mechanics and downgraded vehicles was a sad panda. And once again, the romance between the two foxes were very distracting to the game itself. I hope to see Star Fox 64 material soon...
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    The on-rail shooter levels gave me everything I hoped for. Beautiful graphics, smooth controls, plenty of enemies to shoot at (and Slippy getting shot at, like always), and challenging bosses. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, there were only 3 of them. Wing riding was was a creative new addition, but there were only 2 levels with that, too. The rest are ground levels, for which the controls I found to be, frankly, lacking. It was a good idea, but they simply didn't execute it properly. One thing that helped the game overall was it's epic soundtrack. So to wrap it up, they needed a greater emphasis on traditional rail shooter levels, less ground levels, AND better controls for them. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2012
    i don't see how people can hate on this game. this game is the most advanced star fox game yet. it had a great story, some slight humor the boss battles were great, if only the game was longer. also, i liked the on land levels. they make good multiplayer.
  6. Apr 19, 2012
    i bought this game yesterday and i wasted months trying to find a copy after the junky one i got off line.....this is yet one of my favorite games...im really impressed...the ground missions and landmasters may be a little challenging now and then but i still find this game fun....this game has a very short appeal it lasted me about four hours in bronze....and te multi player is pretty good....i can now never stop playing this game...if i could i would give this game a twelve....i highly recomend this game for fun star fox fans.... Expand
  7. May 25, 2013
    Its not better than Star Fox 64, but...
    It definitely is an original after StarFox Adventures, adding air and ground combat to the franchise. After this one, I can't wait for Nintendo to make the next Star fox game.
    (Rumor has it its an FPS, which sounds cool!)
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    I do not understand why people complain so much about this game.
    This is a great Star Fox game, I have only played the 64 remake on 3DS along with the SNES one.
    It is by far better than the 64 one. The combat on foot is a lot of fun, and multiplayer is GREAT!

7 out of 10, since it could be longer.
  9. Sep 5, 2013
    First off, I want to get something out of the way. I have constantly heard people bash the land segments in this game due to poor controls. I agree that the default control scheme is balls, but if you change it to the twin stick control scheme, everything is fixed. With that said, this is a fantastic game. The story is greatly executed, the characters are more believable than in previous Star Fox games, the voice acting is good, the gameplay is fun whether you are on foot, in the seat of an Arwing or at the controls of a Landmaster tank. And, to top it all off, it's easily one of the best looking games on the Gamecube, next to Resident Evil 4 and Star Fox: Adventures before it. While the campaign is rather short, it has a good amount of replay value with medals to earn and collectables to find. If you have a Gamecube, and are a fan of the franchise, pick this game up. Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2014
    Everything about this game is amazing. It shows heart breaking moments, like with General Pepper, and Peppy, and it is very good, and I love this game, my opinion, its the second best one. Best one is Star Fox Adventures, but this one was just AMAZING!

1. 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - silver [Vol. 846]
  2. While certainly not perfect – the game is short and could have benefited greatly from LAN or online multiplayer support – there really isn't a more versatile arcade-style shooter for the GameCube system.
  3. Undone by the clunky and unpolished on-foot missions. Star Fox: Assault is a missed opportunity for the developers to resurrect the series, which means you probably should give this a miss too.