Star Fox: Assault GameCube

8.1

1. Jul 3, 2011
    I've lost all respect for Star Fox when they released this game. I wanted to feel the old school Star Fox while i played this game, but the bulky mechanics and downgraded vehicles was a sad panda. And once again, the romance between the two foxes were very distracting to the game itself. I hope to see Star Fox 64 material soon...
  2. Aug 10, 2013
    I do not understand why people complain so much about this game.
    This is a great Star Fox game, I have only played the 64 remake on 3DS along with the SNES one.
    It is by far better than the 64 one. The combat on foot is a lot of fun, and multiplayer is GREAT!

7 out of 10, since it could be longer.
  3. AndrewC.
    Feb 20, 2007
    I absolutely love Star Fox and Star Fox 64. I absolutely hate this game. What went wrong? Well let's see here...Star Fox is supposed to be a SPACE SHOOTER, not some half-baked third-person shooter. The only redeeming quality in this game is the flight stages, but even those don't live up to the SF name. A truly disappointing effort in almost every way.
  4. meyeah
    Apr 5, 2007
    This game was ok but it should have been in first-person and they should have gotten rid of teh lock on with evrey gun.
  5. NintendoPSBox
    Feb 6, 2005
    It's a decent game, but not as impressive or good as Metroid Prime 2 or Ratchet and Clank 3.
  6. BenG.
    May 28, 2005
    Honestly, this game is just above average. It has good flying missions, mediocre on-foot missions, mediocre multiplayer, and a retarded story. Not nearly as great as the epic Starfox: 64. Just buy something better that Nintendo has to offer, like Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Prime.
  7. Guy!
    May 24, 2007
    This game has the best sci-fi concept since star wars. The special affects threw me and the game was almost too exciting. The third person shooting on foot is a good idea, but the weapons on foot are almost as stupid as the gadgets on spy kids. Also, the lame anime junk has got to go. On the whole, definently worth playing.
  8. Puffy
    Nov 22, 2005
    star fox assut is more like the n64 n super nintendo versions of the game .. its ok .... but really not as good as star fox adventure...the mutlyplyer aspect is pretty fun... but it is easy to get lost... the missons are ok... lot of the ground missons remind me of star wars... the sounds n all.....u can tell it even the look of star fox reminds u of star wars on the ground ....i like star fox assut is more like the n64 n super nintendo versions of the game .. its ok .... but really not as good as star fox adventure...the mutlyplyer aspect is pretty fun... but it is easy to get lost... the missons are ok... lot of the ground missons remind me of star wars... the sounds n all.....u can tell it even the look of star fox reminds u of star wars on the ground ....i like star fox adventrue better...but if ur lookin for a flyin game like the n64 n super nintendo one this one has it ......but ito me i really didnt like it .... i rent this first if i were u ......i boarrowed from a friend for few days ....its just a average game.. nothin speaial. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2011
    The on-rail shooter levels gave me everything I hoped for. Beautiful graphics, smooth controls, plenty of enemies to shoot at (and Slippy getting shot at, like always), and challenging bosses. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, there were only 3 of them. Wing riding was was a creative new addition, but there were only 2 levels with that, too. The rest are ground levels, for which theThe on-rail shooter levels gave me everything I hoped for. Beautiful graphics, smooth controls, plenty of enemies to shoot at (and Slippy getting shot at, like always), and challenging bosses. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, there were only 3 of them. Wing riding was was a creative new addition, but there were only 2 levels with that, too. The rest are ground levels, for which the controls I found to be, frankly, lacking. It was a good idea, but they simply didn't execute it properly. One thing that helped the game overall was it's epic soundtrack. So to wrap it up, they needed a greater emphasis on traditional rail shooter levels, less ground levels, AND better controls for them. Expand

#5 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#3 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - silver [Vol. 846]
  2. While certainly not perfect – the game is short and could have benefited greatly from LAN or online multiplayer support – there really isn't a more versatile arcade-style shooter for the GameCube system.
  3. Undone by the clunky and unpolished on-foot missions. Star Fox: Assault is a missed opportunity for the developers to resurrect the series, which means you probably should give this a miss too.