Super Smash Bros. Melee GameCube

9.1

1. Humfry
    Jan 12, 2002
    I can have ganondorf kick pikachu in the groin! U cant get much better than that!
  2. Chris
    Feb 25, 2002
    It is the best.
  3. RobinL.
    Feb 9, 2002
    This must be the best game of all time! So good, that everyone MUST have a copy!
  4. JamesK.
    Mar 22, 2002
    Dante thinks this is an RPG game.. o_O
  5. GraceB.
    Aug 1, 2003
    This game is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! It has awesome graphics,players, EVERYTHING!!!!!
  6. LuisR.
    Aug 2, 2003
    This game is so awesome that I can't get enough of this excitment of this game I should rate it 14. It has so much stuf like trophies, diffrent N64 characters, stages, and many more. My favorite of all is Shiek I will also recomend that anyone that has or will get a Gamecube I will tell them try Super Smash Bros. Melee you will love it.
  7. DavidC.
    Aug 7, 2004
    I had the Game Cube since it came out and I hadn't played in a while... but lately I've been playing SSBM (first game I got for the system) frequently. You always want to play it because of all the ways you can do harm to the other players (and you always want to try out every one of them). The sound and graphics are very good with the fact that it was one of the first GC games. I had the Game Cube since it came out and I hadn't played in a while... but lately I've been playing SSBM (first game I got for the system) frequently. You always want to play it because of all the ways you can do harm to the other players (and you always want to try out every one of them). The sound and graphics are very good with the fact that it was one of the first GC games. I don't like the one player mode very much, but it's a whole lot better than the one they had on the 64 version. Expand
  8. EddieE.
    Mar 11, 2006
    I bought SSBM as the first game on my Gamecube. Although I have bought several other games for my system, I still believe that SSBM is extremely better than any game I have purchased. To this day I still play this game on an almost daily basis.
  9. DannyT.
    Jul 4, 2006
    One of the best fighting games ever made. Don't worry about those people who claim that it's not a real fighting game like their Street Fighter, or DOA, etc. I have mastered all kinds of fighting games over the years, but this game is the definition of "Easy to learn, difficult to master." All of the secret fighting techniques you must learn to become a SSBM elite are beyond One of the best fighting games ever made. Don't worry about those people who claim that it's not a real fighting game like their Street Fighter, or DOA, etc. I have mastered all kinds of fighting games over the years, but this game is the definition of "Easy to learn, difficult to master." All of the secret fighting techniques you must learn to become a SSBM elite are beyond subtle, and only come with months to years of practice. Anyone who claims to be an elite player amoung fighting games, but cannot grasp the depth and skill this game requires is truly fooling themselves. Expand
  10. ChristopherA.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Whenever I'm with my friends and we have nothing to do, Melee is always there. No one argues when I recommend we play it - ever. It has more freedom than any fighter ever made. And who can argue with 25 characters and 29 stages, all from Nintendo's storied past?
  11. William
    Jan 10, 2008
    This is my favourite game of all time. It is quick and easy to pick up and play, but also deep and difficult to master. There's no fancy storyline or cut-scenes. This is 100% gameplay. For beginners it is just a bit of quick and easy fun, but for experts the matches can be intense and very skill-demanding. If it wasn't for the eminent release of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, This is my favourite game of all time. It is quick and easy to pick up and play, but also deep and difficult to master. There's no fancy storyline or cut-scenes. This is 100% gameplay. For beginners it is just a bit of quick and easy fun, but for experts the matches can be intense and very skill-demanding. If it wasn't for the eminent release of Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, I'd say that it's worth buying a Gamecube for this game alone. Expand
  12. d8uv
    Dec 27, 2001
    This is the best game I have EVER owned! If you own the Gamecube, you should be tortured if you don't own this game!
  13. AdamW.
    Jan 5, 2002
    The game rules.
  14. ChrisD.
    Jan 8, 2002
    This is undoubtly the best game Nintendo has produced. A lot of other games come close ("Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time," "Rogue Leader," "GoldenEye 007") but they are either not multiplayer or just can't top this game. This is the best in multi-player action on the market. The only bad part about this game are the 3 Past Levels (Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong's place, and This is undoubtly the best game Nintendo has produced. A lot of other games come close ("Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time," "Rogue Leader," "GoldenEye 007") but they are either not multiplayer or just can't top this game. This is the best in multi-player action on the market. The only bad part about this game are the 3 Past Levels (Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong's place, and Kirby's place, Dream Land), since they didn't include Link's old place, Pikachu's old place...it was slightly disappointing. Also, the secret characters, while very good, were slightly dissapointing. I mean, where's Banjo-Kazzoie? Where's King Dedede? Where's Diddy Kong? Who the heck is Marth and Mr. Game & Watch? These drawbacks, though, are small, and it is still a great game. Expand
  15. Link
    Apr 24, 2002
    God this game is good! The adventure mode looks great! Me & my friends can't wait for the release in australia!
  16. Beavarius
    Apr 4, 2002
    Hey, Dante, I can assure there is no talking to people or opening doors, I think you have the wrong game. Doomas.
  17. GeoM.
    Jul 14, 2002
    Great multiplayer, and single player is much improved from old version. Only get if you have friends to play with. Only good game for Gamecube out so far.
  18. BenJ.
    Jul 30, 2002
    Amazing gameplay and visuals from fighting Giga Bowser to the patch on Mario's overalls. For the people buying it, you'll get a game with over 100 hours of amusement and 500 hours of partying with your friends.
  19. CheeseyM.
    Mar 28, 2003
    A stroke of pure genious from the all seeing Miyamato!
  20. MatthewS.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Very and I mean Very cool. If you do not have this game you have to get it.
  21. JoshuaK.
    May 10, 2003
    I have this game it is so fun, everyone should have it.
  22. JackieN.
    Mar 20, 2004
    If I could say higher then 10 I would! This is one of the best games I've ever played, I can't wait until I have my own gamecube so I won't have to go to my BFF's house and play it!!!!!!!!!!
  23. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    There is a reason this game has remained one of the top selling GameCube titles for years, and if you haven't played it, you owe it to yourself to find a way.
  24. KevinH.
    Mar 7, 2005
    Years after the game has come out, I always find myself going back and playing it. This is the kind of game that never runs out of play value.
  25. JonL.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Best GameCube game ever.
  26. Geckat
    Jun 3, 2005
    No one in their right minds could give this any lower than 10. I know people who despise everything about Nintendo, about GameCube, but they'd just as rather play this as Halo. It's infinite, and I mean that. Every single GCN owner in the entire world should own this game, because of the fact that it appeals to anyone. It becomes a bit easy after beating it for the first time, No one in their right minds could give this any lower than 10. I know people who despise everything about Nintendo, about GameCube, but they'd just as rather play this as Halo. It's infinite, and I mean that. Every single GCN owner in the entire world should own this game, because of the fact that it appeals to anyone. It becomes a bit easy after beating it for the first time, but playing with your friends or just goofing off - those'll give you memories. Who needs trampolines and treehouses??? Expand
  27. AgustinO.
    Jan 7, 2006
    This game kept me entertain for yours if you dont get this game then you miss on an opportunity a hours of fun, and if this game sucks so much then how come its been on one of the top game for gamecube for the past couple of years?
  28. DerekE.
    Apr 4, 2006
    This game is absolutely incredible. At first it started out as the most fun I'd ever had playing a fighting game.... but, then as you realize just how complex the game play can get when you integrate some of the secret, upper tier moves it becomes something different entirely. Seriously, if you own this game and haven't figured out the wavedashing, short hopping, and L-cancel This game is absolutely incredible. At first it started out as the most fun I'd ever had playing a fighting game.... but, then as you realize just how complex the game play can get when you integrate some of the secret, upper tier moves it becomes something different entirely. Seriously, if you own this game and haven't figured out the wavedashing, short hopping, and L-cancel (etc.) moves... do yourself a favor and google it. It transforms the game and takes it to an incredible level.... it's now possibly my favorite game of all time. I mean, I have had this for years and I still play it with friends at least 3 times a week. Expand
  29. MichaelK.
    Jun 2, 2006
    im jus gonna point this out: SSBM is one of the deepest, most creative, and funest game i hav ever played. the single player is extremely good and the multiplayer is legendary. seriously if anyone remembers Goldeneye for the n64's multiplayer, SSBM is better then that. my freinds and i play it non-stop for hours on end and were all 19. if u dont like this game u r definately a im jus gonna point this out: SSBM is one of the deepest, most creative, and funest game i hav ever played. the single player is extremely good and the multiplayer is legendary. seriously if anyone remembers Goldeneye for the n64's multiplayer, SSBM is better then that. my freinds and i play it non-stop for hours on end and were all 19. if u dont like this game u r definately a tekkenhead or a virtua fighter junkie cause u jus luv ur fighter complicated and not very fun. SSBM is a game for anyone young 7 year olds to grandparents. Expand
  30. BenF.
    Nov 1, 2007
    The greatest action game with the longest lifespan EVER!! it never gets boring, and takes ages to complete everything there is to do in the game. the amount of match awards is near endless but just one problem. pichu sucks! they should have put in a better pokemon like charmander or something. if they replaced pichu this game would be perfect!
  31. ChadE.
    Jan 11, 2002
    Could this game be any sweeter?!? The answer...NO WAY!!
  32. JamesS.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is a must buy for the Gamecube with hundreds of secrets to unlock and collect and neverending fun.
  33. HellHaWkPOWER
    Jan 10, 2002
    What can I say but F......g A!
  34. AndrewJ.F.
    Jan 11, 2002
    I finally killed that wanker fox and his bastard friend.
  35. DominikS.
    Jan 14, 2002
    I have not played this game, because I live in Austria. But when I go to the search maschine there comes hundreds of sites about this game. I looked at this site and is this true, I can say only a WORD: PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
  36. ZiggyStardust
    Dec 13, 2002
    At 1st I thought it was a button masher fighting game. But upon further examination, it isn't. The controls may be simple, but mastering them is definately a challenge. Multi player is probably some of the most fun to be had on the gamecube. It also has detailed stat tracking. So you can see how you stack up against your friends in numerous categories. Excellent fun.
  37. Vipersniper[HF]
    Dec 3, 2002
    All you who hate this game... Take a pill! The ones of us who actually USE the thing we have upon our necks like this game. The reason i give it ten: IT RULES YOU MORONS!
    Feb 15, 2002
    It has great intense graphics and cool secret characters, and I like how they added new characters.
  39. RobC.
    Apr 21, 2002
    The Best game that has all nintendo's charachters.
  40. LeonF.
    May 9, 2002
    If you dis this you are on crack, what's not to love?
  41. PatrickD.
    Jun 9, 2002
    It rocks. dantecan kissas.
  42. MichelleP.
    Feb 21, 2003
    YAY! An updated version of the original that's even BETTER! The graphics, levels, challenges, and new characters. This is a great game to have at a party.
  43. AseefRaihan
    Mar 15, 2003
    A really cool game!!!
  44. CalM.
    Mar 18, 2003
    This games is sweet.
  45. CarlosA.
    Jul 31, 2003
    Well first of all Kong is a FOB,i know that dude and he loves to say crap about the good games that NINTENDO brings out,same for the other people that write stuff with out any proof. This is a great graphically speaking game, with great characters,cool secrets and a SUPER FUN multiplayer option!!So dont believe the people like KONG who are ignorant and negative.Any way this is a game Well first of all Kong is a FOB,i know that dude and he loves to say crap about the good games that NINTENDO brings out,same for the other people that write stuff with out any proof. This is a great graphically speaking game, with great characters,cool secrets and a SUPER FUN multiplayer option!!So dont believe the people like KONG who are ignorant and negative.Any way this is a game worth buying,theres a lot to do,many options,i just personally think that Wario was missing:(, but its an awesome game!!!! Expand
  46. Josh
    Aug 31, 2003
    Great game, A LOT better than the first one, great new modes and stuff. BUY IT!!
  47. ZacharyM.
    Dec 11, 2004
    As my opinion I think its the best game since super mario bros. Smash bros. is alot of games put into one. Much better than the first.
  48. DarkM.
    Apr 23, 2004
    This game is awesome. All of the levels are neat. I like the music. I whoop every one's oss with Mario. With Mario, I beat the coins out of everyone. >Get it?!
  49. Djbs
    May 13, 2004
    This game is the bomb,literaly.you use bombs and blow up each other. no blood so dont get grossed out but it is preaty cool.it actually great. ssbm rules suckers!
  50. MattP.
    May 28, 2004
    A suprisingly simple game to pick up and play and even beat, but conquering the computer is easy part: playing against skilled competators is the difficult part. It expands the already great original an doesn't leave anything out. A must have.
  51. JamesJ
    May 5, 2004
    This game is great its possibly the best game ever i have every character and the only things left to do is to get 10 trophies and do events 50 51 and the space travelers one i had to play 700 vs matches to get mewtwo.
  52. DannyR.
    May 5, 2004
    This game never gets repetitive when you play on a tournament. You should try one on your own.If you don't have one Ill give you one.Try doing a fire tournament.You should have all fire items.The only two stages you should have is (jungle japes) and (congo jungle n64).The only characters you should have is the ones who have red costumes and they do fire moves.I kick ass with This game never gets repetitive when you play on a tournament. You should try one on your own.If you don't have one Ill give you one.Try doing a fire tournament.You should have all fire items.The only two stages you should have is (jungle japes) and (congo jungle n64).The only characters you should have is the ones who have red costumes and they do fire moves.I kick ass with kirby.This game is great!!!kirby kirby kirby!!!! Expand
  53. EvilFurby!!!
    Jun 14, 2004
    Forget the T rating! I have played it many times, though I rarley win in Bonus. I have every single character, and this is very nice. So, you want somebody that's in Melee only? Complete the challenge and watch them pop up one by one. I like the sound test. Now we can hear Kirby scream!
  54. ClelJ.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Very addictive, I still play the game even though I got it when it first came out! The gameplay is great, you can run around, bomb people, dodge explosions! This game fits just about anyone
  55. HoodedJustice
    Sep 26, 2004
    One of the best games ever. High replay value.
  56. Nidd
    Mar 2, 2005
    Best game ever.
  57. NickS.
    Mar 23, 2005
    Action-packed adventure. The fun never stops. If you've played GameCube for awhile you'll know the characters.
  58. Yoshiir0x
    Apr 28, 2005
    Played this a couple of years - still has new challenges.
  59. BenW.
    Jun 17, 2005
    AWESOME!!! WAY COOL!!! KICKS BUTT!!! Got it 1 and a half years ago and I still have fun playing it. Best GCN game ever invented. The graphics rules. When you smash some one into oblivion it looks amazing. The action is non-stop. I was addicted when I got it for Christmas. Just...... AMAZING. Way better than N64 version!! Way to go Nintendo.... way to go.
  60. TheElusivePossom
    Sep 13, 2005
    There just isn't an argument if you try and suggest that this isn't the best game ever on any console, bar perhaps Zelda. The graphics, given the madcap action, are superb. There's a wealth of characters from Nintendo's past to knock about, and even more to unlock. The stages are varied and imaginative. The game offers a real challenge to veterans (try the Wire Frame There just isn't an argument if you try and suggest that this isn't the best game ever on any console, bar perhaps Zelda. The graphics, given the madcap action, are superb. There's a wealth of characters from Nintendo's past to knock about, and even more to unlock. The stages are varied and imaginative. The game offers a real challenge to veterans (try the Wire Frame challenge on Cruel Melee mode and last more than 10 seconds...) but at the same time anyone can pick it up. The soundtrack features remixes of classic Ninty choons, and it offers the best multiplayer experience of any game ever. In fact, the only negative comments of other users seem to refer to either the game being too childish (although I can't see an 8-year old playing Resi 4 quite yet) or referring to a different game entirely (poor Dante). Simply smashing. Expand
  61. MichaelF.
    Jun 28, 2006
    This is not a game you get bored from after 6 years. the gameplay is abnormally great especially for a fighting game. i don't know why bad reviews were put, but this is a real and pure definition of great games. the trophy system makes it last and its multiplayer is good, not to mention the fact that you can have your own tournament of up to 64 players and melee mode which is up to 4.This is not a game you get bored from after 6 years. the gameplay is abnormally great especially for a fighting game. i don't know why bad reviews were put, but this is a real and pure definition of great games. the trophy system makes it last and its multiplayer is good, not to mention the fact that you can have your own tournament of up to 64 players and melee mode which is up to 4. you can complete many modes each one holding a special rare trophy in the game. if you aim for all the trophies, this game could last 3-4 years! Expand
  62. AprilB.
    Jul 13, 2006
    This is the best game ever you can piay as kirby and jiggy puff! You have got to buy this game.
  63. AK
    Jan 11, 2007
    This game IS amazing, ISN'T overrated, and DOESN'T look like it's from the NES. I have had the gamecube for 5 years now and SSBM was one of my first games. I still play it to this day. I am porbably only 60% of the way through. It really is easy to learn, hard to master. ie. wavedashing, advanced shielding, etc... It has probably the most replay value out of any other game. This game IS amazing, ISN'T overrated, and DOESN'T look like it's from the NES. I have had the gamecube for 5 years now and SSBM was one of my first games. I still play it to this day. I am porbably only 60% of the way through. It really is easy to learn, hard to master. ie. wavedashing, advanced shielding, etc... It has probably the most replay value out of any other game. the controls are made so that it is very easy to use as a beginner, and to use as a master. Anyone who says this game is bad, probably doesn't have a brain. BTW, the graphics and amount of characters are awesome. Expand
  64. TitaniumD.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is the best fighting game ever made. Its single player mode is entertaining, its multiplayer mode is endless hours of fun, it has enough stages and characters to make for an excellent game, and overall it has among the highest potential game hour value of any game. It is a ton of fun and anyone, ranging from the casual gamer to the hardcore fighter genre lover will adore this This is the best fighting game ever made. Its single player mode is entertaining, its multiplayer mode is endless hours of fun, it has enough stages and characters to make for an excellent game, and overall it has among the highest potential game hour value of any game. It is a ton of fun and anyone, ranging from the casual gamer to the hardcore fighter genre lover will adore this game's excellent gameplay and difficulty level. This is the best game for the gamecube by far and away, and if you own a gamecube you should possess this game. Expand
  65. ChrisM.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Best game, ever completely addictive and not at all just a kids game, anyone who says this is a button bashing game shouldnt really leave a comment as they dont know how to play it, takes a lot of skill and definitely underrated.
  66. PeteC.
    Dec 4, 2007
    OMG immense fun! me and my family would get together and play it. The diversity of characters was great. The time to unlock was long but worth it. Massive step up from orginial. Inventive items. Hope Brawl is as awesome as this one.
  67. AdamF.
    Apr 5, 2007
    This game just DOESN'T GET OLD!!! No matter how much I play it, alone or in a party, no matter what I do, and no matter if I've mastered every character, it STILL won't get boring. SSBB is a solid gold game; Every layer of the gameplay reaches a level of perfection that completely eliminates all possibility of bordom. Everyone must play this one.
  68. Patrick
    Jul 21, 2007
    The greatest fighting game I've ever played.
  69. AckTar
    Oct 17, 2008
    This game is a clear improvement over SSB64 and is actually better than its successor, Brawl. It is an intricate fighter that can be played at either a casual or competitive level with great enjoyment. The controls are spot-on, and it can be as deep as you want it. Truly the best GCN game, and it is the one that is still playable almost seven years later.
  70. CodyR.
    Feb 28, 2008
    This is a phenomenal game! It's a fast paced fighter with loads of depth. as of 2/28/08 I still find the graphics to be superb (look at big blue!) With an immense roster and greatly detailed stages this game is a must!
  71. brads
    Jan 25, 2009
    Smash Bros is a real fun game. Being nintendo's popular charachters is fun. Still trying to learn all the special moves.
  72. lopezkidkooko
    Jun 9, 2009
    ok everyone i found a new glitch! heres what you do. . be player (roy on vs mode) . get 3 lvl 9 ness's (cpu's) . now go to jungle japes and battle and u will automatically be a cpu
  73. EthanK.
    Dec 27, 2001
    This game rules! The CPUs are actually tough at nine now!
  74. MatthewC.
    Dec 7, 2001
    A great game! If you like Smash Bros. on the N64 you will LOVE this game, a must buy.
  75. DanielT.
    Jan 11, 2002
    Message to James I.:You are an idiot. If you give it a zero it's kind of obvious that you have never played this game before. Only an idiot would give a zero to one of the best games to this date!! (PS):THIS GAME IS SWEET, Xbox SUCKS!!!
  76. ChristianL.
    Jan 16, 2002
    I THINK this is the best game ever made if you dont rank DIABLO ;) (im a Diablo freak) hehe i said i THINK because i live in DAMN SWEDEN. I WANT GAME CUBE... buuuhuuuhuuu.. a 10 because it's so much fun to unlock so many characters and so many levels.. + a BIG + almost all the nintendo chars are in one fighting game!!! wow... its so cool.
  77. BradenB.
    Apr 21, 2002
    This game is great! There are so many characters that you almost never get bored. P.S. Dante you are a dumbass.
  78. PTGHudson
    May 12, 2002
    IT ROCKS!
  79. TommyG.
    Nov 23, 2003
    It takes a great games company to pull something off as good as this and i salute nintendo for a gaming masterpiece with hours of replay value.
  80. RyanM.
    Dec 30, 2003
    Unbelievable. Not just a fighter, not just a multiplayer game. This game has everything. It has those classic characters and so many different styles. So much to unlock, and above all, great multiplayer fun. This game has a lot of innovation. I can understand how people may not like it, but there's has to be the perfect character for someone, and whoever you are, I know you canUnbelievable. Not just a fighter, not just a multiplayer game. This game has everything. It has those classic characters and so many different styles. So much to unlock, and above all, great multiplayer fun. This game has a lot of innovation. I can understand how people may not like it, but there's has to be the perfect character for someone, and whoever you are, I know you can squeeze a little bit of fun from this insane party game. And always remember, graphics don't always matter. Expand
  81. SibyJ.
    May 19, 2003
    This game is really reallly fun when you have all your friends over. I wouldn't have gotten the gamecube if this game wasn't coming out. It's that good.
  82. MarcP.
    Jun 18, 2003
    Simply the best in four player fighting. This game was everything I expected and more - I really loved the first, but this game beat it out easy. I like the length increase especially.
  83. TheOneformerlyknownas:Tomek
    Feb 11, 2004
    The ultimate four-player fighting game with unpredictable action and non-stop animated onslaughts features over 20 characters to choose from, including Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Ice Climber, Ness, Kirby, Pikachu, Tomek, Mattnorexia, Fox McCloud and Samus. [The One formerly known as Tomek]
  84. MohsinB.
    Feb 14, 2004
    I love this game.here is a cheat with falco use the up c move near a person is 90% and up and it will send the person flying in the air getting KOed. P.S S.S.B.M. rocks and the rating is infinite and beyond.
  85. JimmyF.
    Jun 19, 2004
    Really cool!!!! I use fox all the time!!!!
  86. ChrisG.
    Jul 11, 2004
    Awesom game! I love all the new and old characters. Can't put the controller down! Recommended for anyone with a Gamecube!
  87. BrendanO.
    Aug 29, 2004
    Hours of fun!
  88. ConnorM.
    Feb 24, 2005
    I've spent over 100,000 hours playing this, and am only at 83% completion. Thank go for HAL. 25 charecters, a carpload of trophys to unlock, tons of stages, and a lovable soundtrack. Graphics, heck, it was started in 1999 or something, so their not the best, but the explosion effects and the comic style action keep it up to par. You can keep track of your battle records, like how I've spent over 100,000 hours playing this, and am only at 83% completion. Thank go for HAL. 25 charecters, a carpload of trophys to unlock, tons of stages, and a lovable soundtrack. Graphics, heck, it was started in 1999 or something, so their not the best, but the explosion effects and the comic style action keep it up to par. You can keep track of your battle records, like how many times you've V.S.ed a particular charecter and how much damage yo've inflicted/taken, deaths, K.O.s, E.T.C It also tells you how far you've ran, walked, jumped, how long you've played, the nuber of trophys you have. You can compair your status with other users on the memory card or another card, and have all of the U.Ns ranked in the top five for every catagory, hit percentage, coins gained, E.T.C dozens of multiplayer modes (Slow-mo, sudden death, giant mode) a ton of items to harass your opponets with, (hammer, a light gun, bats, fire flowers) and a mode where you can take pictures of your favorite charecter in action to show to your friends! If only there was online and customizable charecters... Expand
  89. Ujpupip
    Jun 11, 2006
    Best game for a Cube, very deep and hard if you plan to learn all the advances techniques: Wavedash, shfflc..etc.. a kis can play it and have fun, an adult can play it and discover all its deep and spend hours training to become the very best, yu need fast fingers and a fast mind to be good (except if you play bowser xD)
  90. MattD.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Amazing game with excellent replay value.
  91. JanC.
    Jan 12, 2008
    this is one of the best games... the multiplayer is simply amazing and the single player mode is really awesome... but the best thing is the wide range of posibilities of making tournaments with friends, and including that is one of the most played games in tournaments etc.
  92. sethf
    Feb 17, 2008
    This is the best damn game in the world and should be on the video game awards even tho it is a very old game but nothing beats this game not even halo 3 and yes a just burent halo 3
  93. Brianyehhhh
    Feb 18, 2008
    People that dont like the game just suck at it and have nobody to play with. Its a great game and has been since its release.
  94. SamE.
    Apr 13, 2008
    SSBM is the best game I ever played, plus I played it ever since I was 3 or 4. I play it every day. I'm only nine and I can beat lv nines. Its a enertaining game too. I wish I got some cheats though. But that dosn't matter. Well thats it, keep up the good work nitendo.
  95. JackH.
    May 24, 2008
    Believe it or not, but this was my very first game (I was 7). And, not only was it my first game, but it is my favorite game on the Cube to this day. Possibly the best part of the game is that it never gets old. It is just that addictive. If you gave this game less than a 9, you need to see a doctor.
  96. JoshuaB.
    Dec 27, 2001
    It is one of the best games ever, if you want action you'll get it on this game. And I am the friend of Matthew C.
  97. MeleeMaster
    Dec 18, 2002
    This is the single best game you can buy for the cube. If you thought SSBM was good on the 64 you ain't seen nothing yet!
  98. IgorF.MoredaA.
    Nov 11, 2004
    I bought it with the Game Cube years ago, I still have not openned all trophies. Long for 1 player and the perfect game for multiplayer.
  99. KohakeMars
    Nov 27, 2009
    Very deep game. Great for both compedetativ and chasual play. High paced action that keeps you on your toes and an uique gameplay is what makes this game a masterpiece.
  100. Apr 1, 2013
    Just for this game, i bought the gamecube back in 2002. Though it was relatively inexpensive, I loved that freakin thing. I still play this every now and then. Mortal Kombat wasn't that evolved at that time and this was my game. And I was 8 when I bought this game.

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2001

An exotic cocktail of entertainment for Nintendo fans, who will slurp up every last drop, and if you want to talk about longevity, I've had this game on import for about six months and I still haven't finished it.
  2. GMR Magazine
    A Nintendo fanatic's dream, if only for the exhaustive gallery of collectible Nintendorabilia. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  3. Seeing the ducks from "Duck Hunt" or the 2 dimensional Ice-climbers (also featured as playable characters) will have you praising Nintendo for their kindness in bringing back some long forgotten gaming moments.