The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition GameCube

9.0

1. SageW.
    Jan 1, 2004
    I love the collector's edition. Yeah, the SNES Zelda is a great game but since they have it for sale on GBA I suppose they couldn't put it on. Still, it's a must have for all hardcore Zelda fans.
  2. YuniH.
    Jan 4, 2004
    4 words. Zelda is the best.
  3. RyanR.
    Jan 1, 2004
    When they first put this game out on collectors editon I had to get it zelda is my idol my hero,just wanted all you zelda creators to know you guys are so cool to me long live zelda also I am your biggest fan!!!!!!
  4. Jerry
    Jan 6, 2004
    This is just the best cd i have on gc....the suprising wayz the makers varied all zelda games just makes it a classic..
  5. Dakidski
    Mar 23, 2005
    For free? Greedy Nintendo-Europe sold these 'freebies' for approx 30 US $ on their scandinavian websites! I wish Nintendo of America and Nintendo Japan knew how badly they are being managed here in Europe. Heads needs to roll.
  6. MatthewV.
    May 20, 2005
    One of the best games for the GCN, some wonderful Zelda classics like Ocarina of Time and the original Legend of Zelda on one disc. If you like Zelda there is no doubt that you will love this game. Unfortunately it isn't available in stores, only some game specialty shops like EB games have it. If you like Zelda I don't care if you have to sneak into Nintendo and get it some how One of the best games for the GCN, some wonderful Zelda classics like Ocarina of Time and the original Legend of Zelda on one disc. If you like Zelda there is no doubt that you will love this game. Unfortunately it isn't available in stores, only some game specialty shops like EB games have it. If you like Zelda I don't care if you have to sneak into Nintendo and get it some how this is a awesome game! Expand
  7. JordanKnight
    Jan 7, 2007
    Brilliant disk featuring some of the best Zeldas ever, OoT, MM and the originals, what more could you ask for eh.... definitely gets my vote of 10.
  8. AnthonyS
    Dec 18, 2009
    This is currently the highest ranked 'Cube game I own, and it deserves that. Out of all the four epic games on this single disc, Ocarina of Time... wow. It was THEE MOST EPIC, GREATEST, MOST SATIFYING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIANCED. I sometimes even forgot I was playing a port of a N64 game from 1999, seriously, it's that good. The original Zelda and Zelda II brought back so This is currently the highest ranked 'Cube game I own, and it deserves that. Out of all the four epic games on this single disc, Ocarina of Time... wow. It was THEE MOST EPIC, GREATEST, MOST SATIFYING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIANCED. I sometimes even forgot I was playing a port of a N64 game from 1999, seriously, it's that good. The original Zelda and Zelda II brought back so many memories, and while I liked Majora's Mask, it's infinitely inferior to OOT. I also liked the demo for Wind Waker (which obviously made me get the game, too bad I didn't pre-order it to get Master Quest). One lulz-worthy thing is how Nintendo pratically erased the abysmal CD-i games from the early 90's from existence. Look at the retrospective, which is supposed to show all the Zelda games before this game. The game also states that with the Gameboy Player (an actually GOOD system add-on for the Gamecube which lets you play Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games) you are able to play every Zelda game ever created (at the compilation's release, of course, along with Minish Cap and Twilight Princess, which were both released years later) on the Gamecube. First a Mario collection (Super Mario All-Stars for the Super Nintendo which is undoubtably my favorite Mario game ever made) and now a Zelda collection? What's next? Some huge collection of classic games originally released on old systems which will even include non-Nintendo systems along with arcade games and it will be updated through the Internet every Monday? .....Wait, don't we already have that? Expand
  9. GrantC
    Aug 24, 2009
    Response to Theo M. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh this is rich. What are you 5? "DADDY gave this to me as a Christmas present"? Wow that's great. What do you know about games? Prolly liked Yoshi's Story and such junk. Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time, Majora's Mask isn't far behind, and the 2-D classics are fun as always. Wind Waker was Response to Theo M. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh this is rich. What are you 5? "DADDY gave this to me as a Christmas present"? Wow that's great. What do you know about games? Prolly liked Yoshi's Story and such junk. Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time, Majora's Mask isn't far behind, and the 2-D classics are fun as always. Wind Waker was almost as good as OoT. Seriously don't go by what 5 year olds say because a game is too hard for them. Any Zelda game is superior to Super Mario Sunshine no doubt, and isn't even comparable to Simpsons Road Rage. Expand
  10. KennyH.
    Jan 4, 2004
    YES. I was so excited that I could get ocarina of time AND majora's mask on gamecube. I wanted it so bad i got a subsciption to nintendo power to get it.
  11. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    A wonderful trip down memory lane, and a must for anyone unfamiliar with the series. Unfortunately missing the SNES title and all the Game Boy titles, but I can't hold it against Nintendo not to want to give away those games when they are still for sale or at least playable on the Game Boy Advance.
  12. JosefW.
    May 20, 2005
    This game is just... wow. Solid 11 out of 10.
  13. KarlM.
    May 27, 2005
    I was so annoyed when this collection came out coz it would have meant me buying a new cube so I gave it a miss. Luckily however my local Woolworths was recently selling them off at £5 each so I spent all the money I had and biught 35 yes 35 copies. anyway this is a fantasic collection and well worth tracking down.
  14. BethS.
    Dec 30, 2006
    My favorite game of all Zeldas so far is Wind Waker!! Shiguru Miymoto is the best video game maker ever! I just beat wind waker today and it was awesome! I also enjoyed ocarina of time that was awesome i just love all of the zeldas they are just too cool to talk about! Wind waker was the best game I have ever played in my life! I love Ganondorf fighting him is one of my favorite parts of My favorite game of all Zeldas so far is Wind Waker!! Shiguru Miymoto is the best video game maker ever! I just beat wind waker today and it was awesome! I also enjoyed ocarina of time that was awesome i just love all of the zeldas they are just too cool to talk about! Wind waker was the best game I have ever played in my life! I love Ganondorf fighting him is one of my favorite parts of the games! This collectors edition I'm sure is going to be off the hook cool! I LOVE ZELDA! Expand
  15. RobD.
    Jul 28, 2006
    the best colection you could get the only possible way it could be better s if they added twighlight princess in there.
  16. RossP.
    Dec 5, 2007
    This game probably has been in my gamecube for the longest time of any game I have ever owned. Sorry, but it wouldn't be complete without MM. Just because the plot deviates from the classic (but somewhat monotonous) zelda/gannon thing doesn't mean that the game is any less valueable. It is by far the most creative title. You may also downoad these titles via the Wii Shop Channel though.
  17. AkhilM.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is awesome but it does get boring after a while.
  18. KyleN.
    Dec 25, 2003
    This is beautiful, I love Zelda and have a fear that my N64 may not work much longer and I would have died if I couldn't play my Zelda games once a week. Only downside that really not a downside is they did not put on the Super NES Zelda or the Master Quest. I LOVE this disc.
  19. DannyL.
    Nov 29, 2006
    I see a lot of people complaining A Link to the Past wasn't in this collection. I also see people saying the graphics suck. All I have to say is, "Who the fck cares about the graphics?" Gameplay is what matters the most. The Fun level is what matters the most. But still, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best Collector's Item. I got to relive my OOT and MM moments which I see a lot of people complaining A Link to the Past wasn't in this collection. I also see people saying the graphics suck. All I have to say is, "Who the fck cares about the graphics?" Gameplay is what matters the most. The Fun level is what matters the most. But still, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best Collector's Item. I got to relive my OOT and MM moments which made me extremely happy. Zelda II was indeed not as good as the other LoZ games but it makes a great collection. I'd rather have 4 games in a collection than 3. Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2010
    Two amazing N64 games plus two good NES games, all on one disc? Count me in! The only thing that could have possibly made this better would be the inclusion of A Link To The Past, which is a strange omission here.
  21. Dec 24, 2010
    Easy 10, never played the Zelda's before and got this from a friend. Playing through all them now on my Gamecube and it's sweet; if you see it anywhere, BUY IT.
  22. Jun 14, 2011
    Without a doubt this is the best idea that Nintendo had created during the time the console was active, having the best collection of a legendary series is not worth it, in fact much MORE worth it in all levels, so if in any case you see this collection lost in the video games stores , do not even think in letting this alone, this is a MOST own collection, that has to be in your library.
  23. May 19, 2012
    three of my favorite zelda games on one disk? zelda 1, 2, ocarina of time!?!!! ohh yes!! You can't go wrong with classics! you know you want it, must buy for gamecube owners!
  24. Mar 2, 2012
    This game offers you almost the whole Zelda experience in one game. Each game responds exactly like they do from other consoles. If you ever find this collection anywhere, get it! You won't be dissappointed!
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    A great collection with 4 classics. The best buy for the GameCube.

The legend of Zelda: a true classic and still fun to play today! Only for die-hards though, as it is not easy. 8.5/10 Zelda II: the Adventures of Link. A different approach to the franchise as it's a sidescroller that feels like Castlevania or Metroid. It hasn't aged as well as the first but for the time it was a
    A great collection with 4 classics. The best buy for the GameCube.

Zelda II: the Adventures of Link. A different approach to the franchise as it's a sidescroller that feels like Castlevania or Metroid. It hasn't aged as well as the first but for the time it was a great adventure! 7.5/10

Ocarina of Time. 10/10 best game ever for a reason.

Majora's Mask. 10/10 my favourite game of all time. If you really dig for it you will find all kinds of hidden themes to a depth I've never experienced in a game. Myamoto's hidden masterpiece.
  26. Oct 24, 2012
    Face it, if you don't like this collection you just aren't a Zelda fan. This is one of the best ports I've ever played, feeling just as fluid as they did at first. This allowed me to play three Zelda games I couldn't have experienced otherwise, including my all time favorite, with the same music, nostalgic graphics, and adventure of any Zelda game. I'd rather ignore the Wind Waker demo andFace it, if you don't like this collection you just aren't a Zelda fan. This is one of the best ports I've ever played, feeling just as fluid as they did at first. This allowed me to play three Zelda games I couldn't have experienced otherwise, including my all time favorite, with the same music, nostalgic graphics, and adventure of any Zelda game. I'd rather ignore the Wind Waker demo and the other extras and just play the four games we've been offered: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. If you're a Zelda fan and haven't experienced these games(or only experienced their poorly ported controls on Virtual Console) then I give this my highest recommendations. Expand
  27. ShaneK.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The absence of "A Link to the Past" was disappointing and it wasn't nice to use the gamecube controller with The NES titles. However, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask work great with the gamecube controller. An excellent collection with just some minor flaws.
    Oct 30, 2006
    A 5 out of 10? What idiot gives a game a 5 when he says that graphics are more important then gameplay? What a dumbass. Seriously, these games were amazing for their times, and are still fantastic classics. I'd give it a 10, but it didn't have a link to the past. Still worth getting.
  29. JoshK.
    Jul 24, 2006
    A wonderful compilation, but where is the best 2D Zelda game to date, A Link to the Past?
  30. AndyW.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Mint game for free but i only played ocarina of time which is quality but if the time thing woz not on majoras mask i would have given this 10.

#8 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. AceGamez
    If games were Norse gods, this would be Odin. Get it now. Thank me later.
  2. This is the greatest collection of games, ever, bar none.
  3. Nintendo Power
    A great introduction to one of the most successful and innovative game franchises of all time. [Jan 2004, p.159]