8.9

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Not a definitive collection and the older games haven't aged well BUT there's enough quality here to make this a great purchase. If you can find it!!!
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    A great collection with 4 classics. The best buy for the GameCube.

The legend of Zelda: a true classic and still fun to play today! Only for die-hards though, as it is not easy. 8.5/10 Zelda II: the Adventures of Link. A different approach to the franchise as it's a sidescroller that feels like Castlevania or Metroid. It hasn't aged as well as the first but for the time it was a
    A great collection with 4 classics. The best buy for the GameCube.

Zelda II: the Adventures of Link. A different approach to the franchise as it's a sidescroller that feels like Castlevania or Metroid. It hasn't aged as well as the first but for the time it was a great adventure! 7.5/10

Ocarina of Time. 10/10 best game ever for a reason.

Majora's Mask. 10/10 my favourite game of all time. If you really dig for it you will find all kinds of hidden themes to a depth I've never experienced in a game. Myamoto's hidden masterpiece.
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    Face it, if you don't like this collection you just aren't a Zelda fan. This is one of the best ports I've ever played, feeling just as fluid as they did at first. This allowed me to play three Zelda games I couldn't have experienced otherwise, including my all time favorite, with the same music, nostalgic graphics, and adventure of any Zelda game. I'd rather ignore the Wind Waker demo andFace it, if you don't like this collection you just aren't a Zelda fan. This is one of the best ports I've ever played, feeling just as fluid as they did at first. This allowed me to play three Zelda games I couldn't have experienced otherwise, including my all time favorite, with the same music, nostalgic graphics, and adventure of any Zelda game. I'd rather ignore the Wind Waker demo and the other extras and just play the four games we've been offered: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. If you're a Zelda fan and haven't experienced these games(or only experienced their poorly ported controls on Virtual Console) then I give this my highest recommendations. Expand
  4. May 19, 2012
    three of my favorite zelda games on one disk? zelda 1, 2, ocarina of time!?!!! ohh yes!! You can't go wrong with classics! you know you want it, must buy for gamecube owners!
  5. Mar 2, 2012
    This game offers you almost the whole Zelda experience in one game. Each game responds exactly like they do from other consoles. If you ever find this collection anywhere, get it! You won't be dissappointed!
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    Without a doubt this is the best idea that Nintendo had created during the time the console was active, having the best collection of a legendary series is not worth it, in fact much MORE worth it in all levels, so if in any case you see this collection lost in the video games stores , do not even think in letting this alone, this is a MOST own collection, that has to be in your library.
  7. Dec 24, 2010
    Easy 10, never played the Zelda's before and got this from a friend. Playing through all them now on my Gamecube and it's sweet; if you see it anywhere, BUY IT.
  8. Nov 16, 2010
    Two amazing N64 games plus two good NES games, all on one disc? Count me in! The only thing that could have possibly made this better would be the inclusion of A Link To The Past, which is a strange omission here.
  9. AnthonyS
    Dec 18, 2009
    This is currently the highest ranked 'Cube game I own, and it deserves that. Out of all the four epic games on this single disc, Ocarina of Time... wow. It was THEE MOST EPIC, GREATEST, MOST SATIFYING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIANCED. I sometimes even forgot I was playing a port of a N64 game from 1999, seriously, it's that good. The original Zelda and Zelda II brought back so This is currently the highest ranked 'Cube game I own, and it deserves that. Out of all the four epic games on this single disc, Ocarina of Time... wow. It was THEE MOST EPIC, GREATEST, MOST SATIFYING EXPERIANCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIANCED. I sometimes even forgot I was playing a port of a N64 game from 1999, seriously, it's that good. The original Zelda and Zelda II brought back so many memories, and while I liked Majora's Mask, it's infinitely inferior to OOT. I also liked the demo for Wind Waker (which obviously made me get the game, too bad I didn't pre-order it to get Master Quest). One lulz-worthy thing is how Nintendo pratically erased the abysmal CD-i games from the early 90's from existence. Look at the retrospective, which is supposed to show all the Zelda games before this game. The game also states that with the Gameboy Player (an actually GOOD system add-on for the Gamecube which lets you play Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games) you are able to play every Zelda game ever created (at the compilation's release, of course, along with Minish Cap and Twilight Princess, which were both released years later) on the Gamecube. First a Mario collection (Super Mario All-Stars for the Super Nintendo which is undoubtably my favorite Mario game ever made) and now a Zelda collection? What's next? Some huge collection of classic games originally released on old systems which will even include non-Nintendo systems along with arcade games and it will be updated through the Internet every Monday? .....Wait, don't we already have that? Expand
  10. SamuelH
    Nov 19, 2009
    An amazing collection- and free! It's kind of hard to criticize something that's free, but, well, here I go. The controls for the NES games aren't too spectacular. i'd take the original NES controller over the gamecube's d-pad and analog stick controls. Ocarina of Time is the best of the bunch(obviously), and Majora's Mask is almost as legendary. Main issues An amazing collection- and free! It's kind of hard to criticize something that's free, but, well, here I go. The controls for the NES games aren't too spectacular. i'd take the original NES controller over the gamecube's d-pad and analog stick controls. Ocarina of Time is the best of the bunch(obviously), and Majora's Mask is almost as legendary. Main issues with the collection: no Link to the Past, sound issues in Majora's Mask, and some rare crashing. So, considering I've criticized this so much, why am I giving it a 9? It's Zelda! Four of the most breathtaking games in one package! FOR FREE! HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG WITH FREE?! I'd pay full price for this collection! But it seems to be a gift from the Nintengods themselves. Get it, play it, love it, don't complain about no Link to the Past. Play what's here. Which, indeed, is a lot. Expand
  11. GrantC
    Aug 24, 2009
    Response to Theo M. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh this is rich. What are you 5? "DADDY gave this to me as a Christmas present"? Wow that's great. What do you know about games? Prolly liked Yoshi's Story and such junk. Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time, Majora's Mask isn't far behind, and the 2-D classics are fun as always. Wind Waker was Response to Theo M. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh this is rich. What are you 5? "DADDY gave this to me as a Christmas present"? Wow that's great. What do you know about games? Prolly liked Yoshi's Story and such junk. Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time, Majora's Mask isn't far behind, and the 2-D classics are fun as always. Wind Waker was almost as good as OoT. Seriously don't go by what 5 year olds say because a game is too hard for them. Any Zelda game is superior to Super Mario Sunshine no doubt, and isn't even comparable to Simpsons Road Rage. Expand
  12. TheoM
    Jan 3, 2009
    What a disaster! I hate this collection. I think it had four titles: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Zelda: Wind Waker and I think the fourth game is Zelda: Ocerina of Time, plus some extra features, including a demo of another game. I played Wind Waker, but no doubt-I HATED IT. That made me stop the whole collection altogether. Now I want to give away the Zelda Collection game and get What a disaster! I hate this collection. I think it had four titles: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Zelda: Wind Waker and I think the fourth game is Zelda: Ocerina of Time, plus some extra features, including a demo of another game. I played Wind Waker, but no doubt-I HATED IT. That made me stop the whole collection altogether. Now I want to give away the Zelda Collection game and get Mario Sunshine or The Simpsons Road Rage! Daddy gave this to me as a christmas present. So: Never ever buy this to your son or daughter as a christmas present. Expand
  13. ShaneK.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The absence of "A Link to the Past" was disappointing and it wasn't nice to use the gamecube controller with The NES titles. However, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask work great with the gamecube controller. An excellent collection with just some minor flaws.
  14. RossP.
    Dec 5, 2007
    This game probably has been in my gamecube for the longest time of any game I have ever owned. Sorry, but it wouldn't be complete without MM. Just because the plot deviates from the classic (but somewhat monotonous) zelda/gannon thing doesn't mean that the game is any less valueable. It is by far the most creative title. You may also downoad these titles via the Wii Shop Channel though.
  15. ^____~+.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Don't get me wrong I love the Zelda series, the're all some of my favorite games of all time. The thing that gets me about this game is the controls, to me the're awful they just don't seem right.
  16. JordanKnight
    Jan 7, 2007
    Brilliant disk featuring some of the best Zeldas ever, OoT, MM and the originals, what more could you ask for eh.... definitely gets my vote of 10.
  17. BethS.
    Dec 30, 2006
    My favorite game of all Zeldas so far is Wind Waker!! Shiguru Miymoto is the best video game maker ever! I just beat wind waker today and it was awesome! I also enjoyed ocarina of time that was awesome i just love all of the zeldas they are just too cool to talk about! Wind waker was the best game I have ever played in my life! I love Ganondorf fighting him is one of my favorite parts of My favorite game of all Zeldas so far is Wind Waker!! Shiguru Miymoto is the best video game maker ever! I just beat wind waker today and it was awesome! I also enjoyed ocarina of time that was awesome i just love all of the zeldas they are just too cool to talk about! Wind waker was the best game I have ever played in my life! I love Ganondorf fighting him is one of my favorite parts of the games! This collectors edition I'm sure is going to be off the hook cool! I LOVE ZELDA! Expand
  18. TorinR.
    Dec 15, 2006
    I was absolutely thrilled to have the two original Zeldas and Ocaraina of Time on this disk. All three of those games are simply amazing (with the exception of the obvious oddness carried through with Zelda II). Majora's mask is possibly one of the worst Zelda games ever made, and I would have been perfectly fine if it weren't included on the disk. What sort of sucked was the I was absolutely thrilled to have the two original Zeldas and Ocaraina of Time on this disk. All three of those games are simply amazing (with the exception of the obvious oddness carried through with Zelda II). Majora's mask is possibly one of the worst Zelda games ever made, and I would have been perfectly fine if it weren't included on the disk. What sort of sucked was the fact that A Link to the Past wasn't on it as well as Link's Awakening. Both of those games were increadible in their own right and deserved a spot on this collector's disk more than Majora's Mask. If Majora's Mask weren't on there and instead even one of the other two were there, I would rate this collection a 10. (10 for Zelda I, 9.5 for Zelda II, 10 for OoT, and 5 for Majora's Mask so 8.6 total rounded up to 9) Expand
  19. DannyL.
    Nov 29, 2006
    I see a lot of people complaining A Link to the Past wasn't in this collection. I also see people saying the graphics suck. All I have to say is, "Who the fck cares about the graphics?" Gameplay is what matters the most. The Fun level is what matters the most. But still, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best Collector's Item. I got to relive my OOT and MM moments which I see a lot of people complaining A Link to the Past wasn't in this collection. I also see people saying the graphics suck. All I have to say is, "Who the fck cares about the graphics?" Gameplay is what matters the most. The Fun level is what matters the most. But still, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best Collector's Item. I got to relive my OOT and MM moments which made me extremely happy. Zelda II was indeed not as good as the other LoZ games but it makes a great collection. I'd rather have 4 games in a collection than 3. Expand
    Oct 30, 2006
    A 5 out of 10? What idiot gives a game a 5 when he says that graphics are more important then gameplay? What a dumbass. Seriously, these games were amazing for their times, and are still fantastic classics. I'd give it a 10, but it didn't have a link to the past. Still worth getting.
  21. MichelleL.
    Oct 14, 2006
    I love Zelda so I love this game. The only disappointment I had was that my all time favorite Zelda was not on this disc. I don't care for Zelda II and wish it had been left off and in it's place should be the SNES game "A Link to the Past".
  22. RobD.
    Jul 28, 2006
    the best colection you could get the only possible way it could be better s if they added twighlight princess in there.
  23. JoshK.
    Jul 24, 2006
    A wonderful compilation, but where is the best 2D Zelda game to date, A Link to the Past?
  24. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    A wonderful trip down memory lane, and a must for anyone unfamiliar with the series. Unfortunately missing the SNES title and all the Game Boy titles, but I can't hold it against Nintendo not to want to give away those games when they are still for sale or at least playable on the Game Boy Advance.
  25. Bob
    Aug 6, 2005
    The graphics suck. Seriously. Yeah, the gameplay is great but sound and graphics are very outdated and do not reason a rating above 75 anymore.
  26. KarlM.
    May 27, 2005
    I was so annoyed when this collection came out coz it would have meant me buying a new cube so I gave it a miss. Luckily however my local Woolworths was recently selling them off at £5 each so I spent all the money I had and biught 35 yes 35 copies. anyway this is a fantasic collection and well worth tracking down.
  27. MatthewV.
    May 20, 2005
    One of the best games for the GCN, some wonderful Zelda classics like Ocarina of Time and the original Legend of Zelda on one disc. If you like Zelda there is no doubt that you will love this game. Unfortunately it isn't available in stores, only some game specialty shops like EB games have it. If you like Zelda I don't care if you have to sneak into Nintendo and get it some how One of the best games for the GCN, some wonderful Zelda classics like Ocarina of Time and the original Legend of Zelda on one disc. If you like Zelda there is no doubt that you will love this game. Unfortunately it isn't available in stores, only some game specialty shops like EB games have it. If you like Zelda I don't care if you have to sneak into Nintendo and get it some how this is a awesome game! Expand
  28. JosefW.
    May 20, 2005
    This game is just... wow. Solid 11 out of 10.
  29. Dakidski
    Mar 23, 2005
    For free? Greedy Nintendo-Europe sold these 'freebies' for approx 30 US $ on their scandinavian websites! I wish Nintendo of America and Nintendo Japan knew how badly they are being managed here in Europe. Heads needs to roll.
  30. AndyW.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Mint game for free but i only played ocarina of time which is quality but if the time thing woz not on majoras mask i would have given this 10.
  31. AkhilM.
    Oct 24, 2004
    This game is awesome but it does get boring after a while.
  32. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Good yes good i just can't get into the games anymore. i have been playing the mega man collection instead. zelda is great. i must be in the right mood to play. enjoyable indeed.
  33. AngelE.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I enjoyed playing these games on the N64, and when I heard that this game was coming out I bought it as fast as I could. I enjoyed Majoras Mask more than the other Zelda games, this one was more challenging and I did complete this game 100% several years ago. This game all together was a REALLY GOOD game.
  34. ProfessorFrink
    Jun 24, 2004
    First of all, this is not a horrible game. In fact, as rpgs go, this is probably the best, but I just started losing interest in the game after about 2/3s of the way through . This game tries to cram too much stuff in , which isn't a bad thing, but some of the stuff is just pure and utter crap. For instance, in Ocarina of Time, the scarecrows near the lake. How are you supposed to First of all, this is not a horrible game. In fact, as rpgs go, this is probably the best, but I just started losing interest in the game after about 2/3s of the way through . This game tries to cram too much stuff in , which isn't a bad thing, but some of the stuff is just pure and utter crap. For instance, in Ocarina of Time, the scarecrows near the lake. How are you supposed to know that you have to make up a song and that the song would help you get skulata(not spelled right) coins?!? Some of the glitches are also downright annoying, like how enemies reappear right after you leave the room and come back. Also, the games are N64 games (originally) and I'm sure some people know, a lot of N64 games are frustratingly impossible. I did manage to beat all the games except Majora, but it was hard, because I didn't really have anything new to look forward to. Majora's mask in my opinion is the worst, the time limit just makes you want to burn the GC (or N64) and everything that looks like it. You can't explore or try new things, you're just on a flat 72 hour limit. I'm not saying the game is too hard, but a lot of stuff is unnecessary, like some dungeons in Oot which require you to go and do something that makes absolutely no sense. Majora's mask's story was crap, my fish could write better. All in all, if you are a huge fan of zelda and rpgs, get this, if not, just try it out first. Expand
  35. ZeroXX
    Apr 7, 2004
    Its great 2 have the classic zeldas again, it sux that the zelda of the superness isnt included :( so I give a 7.
  36. Jerry
    Jan 6, 2004
    This is just the best cd i have on gc....the suprising wayz the makers varied all zelda games just makes it a classic..
  37. KennyH.
    Jan 4, 2004
    YES. I was so excited that I could get ocarina of time AND majora's mask on gamecube. I wanted it so bad i got a subsciption to nintendo power to get it.
  38. YuniH.
    Jan 4, 2004
    4 words. Zelda is the best.
  39. RyanR.
    Jan 1, 2004
    When they first put this game out on collectors editon I had to get it zelda is my idol my hero,just wanted all you zelda creators to know you guys are so cool to me long live zelda also I am your biggest fan!!!!!!
  40. SageW.
    Jan 1, 2004
    I love the collector's edition. Yeah, the SNES Zelda is a great game but since they have it for sale on GBA I suppose they couldn't put it on. Still, it's a must have for all hardcore Zelda fans.
  41. KyleN.
    Dec 25, 2003
    This is beautiful, I love Zelda and have a fear that my N64 may not work much longer and I would have died if I couldn't play my Zelda games once a week. Only downside that really not a downside is they did not put on the Super NES Zelda or the Master Quest. I LOVE this disc.
  42. DougS.
    Dec 14, 2003
    I bought a gamecube pretty much for the purpose of getting this disc. These are classic games that are good still to this day, even though some are nearly 20 years old. would've been worth a 10 if they would've put the SNES version of zelda on the disc though. that was the only mistake.
  43. Mar 2, 2012

If games were Norse gods, this would be Odin. Get it now. Thank me later.
  2. This is the greatest collection of games, ever, bar none.
  3. A great introduction to one of the most successful and innovative game franchises of all time. [Jan 2004, p.159]