7.4

1. Jan 28, 2014
    Excellent on single player. Graphics and sound are incredible. It's retro like if a sequel to Link to The Past were released on 32bit (PSX/Saturn). I feel so dumb not having this game before. No Gba or extra cables are needed to singleplayer. The mission structure gives this one a Arcade-ish gameplay, with more challange than your usual Zelda, and no endless storytelling. The only reason not giving this a 10 is that I cannot play the multiplayer. And I envy those who did play 4-player. Expand
  2. May 3, 2014
    This is an absolute masterpiece of local multiplayer. I hope the 3ds can get a sequel soon with online multiplayer. The only bad thing about is all the Gameboy cables. I got **** ton of them hanging around so I wasn't worried. The adventure is epic and its a great merge between Wind Waker and A Link to the Past. The game kept me excited from beginning to end.

1. 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Vol 797; 26 Mar 2004]
  2. Every single moment of Four Swords is magically familiar and every single moment is dazzlingly fresh...Whether being experienced in the competitive, co-operative cackle of multiplay, or the captivating atmosphere of singleplayer, the extraordinary virtues of the game itself remain the same. [May 2004, p.96]
    One sure-fire classic in the making, one surprisingly entertaining competition section and an average battle game...Go on, treat yourself to a slice of 2D magic and show that once again, some of the best multiplayer experiences don't have to be online. [JPN Import]