7.4

1. May 3, 2014
    This is an absolute masterpiece of local multiplayer. I hope the 3ds can get a sequel soon with online multiplayer. The only bad thing about is all the Gameboy cables. I got **** ton of them hanging around so I wasn't worried. The adventure is epic and its a great merge between Wind Waker and A Link to the Past. The game kept me excited from beginning to end.
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Excellent on single player. Graphics and sound are incredible. It's retro like if a sequel to Link to The Past were released on 32bit (PSX/Saturn). I feel so dumb not having this game before. No Gba or extra cables are needed to singleplayer. The mission structure gives this one a Arcade-ish gameplay, with more challange than your usual Zelda, and no endless storytelling. The only reasonExcellent on single player. Graphics and sound are incredible. It's retro like if a sequel to Link to The Past were released on 32bit (PSX/Saturn). I feel so dumb not having this game before. No Gba or extra cables are needed to singleplayer. The mission structure gives this one a Arcade-ish gameplay, with more challange than your usual Zelda, and no endless storytelling. The only reason not giving this a 10 is that I cannot play the multiplayer. And I envy those who did play 4-player. Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    It may be one of the most difficult games to organise (every player needs their own GBA and link cable) but Four Swords Adventure is one of the most enjoyable co-operative, and sometimes competitive, multi-player experiences available on home consoles.

Imagine a four player version of A Link to the Past and you aren’t far off. Each player controls their own different coloured Link using their GBA, when they enter a building or cave for example the play switches to their GBA and no one else can see what they are up to. Working together is therefore vital to solving the games puzzles as well as defeating the toughest enemies. Brilliantly however each player is also trying to collect as many gems as possible for themselves. This leads to some fantastic moments when, having just spent twenty minutes working together to proceed through a level, all friendships are forgotten as you throw your mate of a cliff in order to collect the 200 rupee gem that has just been discovered.

As a single player experience that are better Zelda games available but if you can find three GBA owning mates Four Swords Adventure is a game not to be missed.
  4. Dec 24, 2011
    Want to play a great game with your friends? Have a Wii or a Gamecube sitting around? Perfect! Look into any other game BESIDES this one! In order to play with friends you will need 4 GameBoy Advance's and 4 GBA to GameCube link cables. Everyone has that sitting around right (sarcasm)?

Now I remember why I never played this back in 2004. THIS GAME WILL NOT PLAY WITH 4 REGULAR GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS! Thanks Nintendo!

1. 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Vol 797; 26 Mar 2004]
  2. Every single moment of Four Swords is magically familiar and every single moment is dazzlingly fresh...Whether being experienced in the competitive, co-operative cackle of multiplay, or the captivating atmosphere of singleplayer, the extraordinary virtues of the game itself remain the same. [May 2004, p.96]
    One sure-fire classic in the making, one surprisingly entertaining competition section and an average battle game...Go on, treat yourself to a slice of 2D magic and show that once again, some of the best multiplayer experiences don't have to be online. [JPN Import]