The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures GameCube

7.3

1. DanielS.
    Jun 14, 2004
    Multiplayer can turn into absolute madness! collect the chickens was an endless fight!!
  2. Alexcooldude
    Jun 20, 2004
    AWESOME GAME!!!!!!! This is one of my favourite games ever, the multiplayer is the best.
  3. Alex
    Jun 4, 2004
    This game is simply fantastic.
  4. LorenaM.
    Mar 8, 2005
    This is the best edition yet. I enjoy having the overhead view again, it makes the game much more fun. I have been a Zelda fan since day one and will always enjoy all of thier games.
  5. PhilT.
    Jun 23, 2004
    An utterly superb game!
  6. OmarD.
    Jul 30, 2005
    I think this games very fun and chalenging for single player , and its even beter for multiplayer. this is just one of those games that you can play for a long time en never get bored.
  7. May 3, 2014
    This is an absolute masterpiece of local multiplayer. I hope the 3ds can get a sequel soon with online multiplayer. The only bad thing about is all the Gameboy cables. I got **** ton of them hanging around so I wasn't worried. The adventure is epic and its a great merge between Wind Waker and A Link to the Past. The game kept me excited from beginning to end.
  8. Mar 24, 2017
    I say that this game is FANTASTIC it may be hard to set up but its not a waste of money you get the best experience by playing it with your friends (if you have any), it shares tons of assets from Link To The Past which is a good game don't get me wrong but this game is better the only thing about this game that disappoints me is why no remake? its just wrong to not have a Gamecube Gem notI say that this game is FANTASTIC it may be hard to set up but its not a waste of money you get the best experience by playing it with your friends (if you have any), it shares tons of assets from Link To The Past which is a good game don't get me wrong but this game is better the only thing about this game that disappoints me is why no remake? its just wrong to not have a Gamecube Gem not have a remake of some kind and if that does happen give it online multiplayer it is a grand experience the whole way through it is amazing the whole way through oh yeah its not a Zelda game without puzzles this game is chock full of challenging puzzles that are confusing this game is just incredible Expand
  9. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Jun 24, 2004
    I think this game is freakin' great! I know the graphics are 2D on the Gamecube but the way this game works 2D works better gameplay works perfectly storyline is the way a Zelda game that doesn't have Ganondorf should be like ( Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons) I have only two complaints; 1. You can hold only one tool you can't hold your magic rod and bommerang at I think this game is freakin' great! I know the graphics are 2D on the Gamecube but the way this game works 2D works better gameplay works perfectly storyline is the way a Zelda game that doesn't have Ganondorf should be like ( Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons) I have only two complaints; 1. You can hold only one tool you can't hold your magic rod and bommerang at the same time and you lose them next level. 2. My biggest complaint the one that took the point off one player can get pretty boring it is better in multiplayer and all. Expand
  10. ThomasW.
    Sep 3, 2004
    1 player is a tactical spin on a Zelda game, with a psydo-adventure mode controling 4 Links. Much like the clasic "day of the tentical" you have to tacticaly control charecters to solve puzzles. Theres plenty of lvls and minigames to keep the solo quester happy. Not as big as the TWW,but less repedative bits. 20hrs apr. Of course, you can also play the 1 player mode in mutiplayer...simply 1 player is a tactical spin on a Zelda game, with a psydo-adventure mode controling 4 Links. Much like the clasic "day of the tentical" you have to tacticaly control charecters to solve puzzles. Theres plenty of lvls and minigames to keep the solo quester happy. Not as big as the TWW,but less repedative bits. 20hrs apr. Of course, you can also play the 1 player mode in mutiplayer...simply this: It is the best multiplayer game. You can switch from 1-4 players during your adventure,replay any section with any number of players~its a myth you need 4 players. Yes, you need a GBA for multiplayer. But thats because,you need the second screen. You see players can be in different places at once. Also, theres some clever too: If you are on the GBA screen you can often shot arrows at people on the tv screen (or bombs). Superb stuff. I havnt even commented on the battle mode. Bomberman, with swords, and killer chickens Genius! If you got a Cube,get this game If you got a GBA,get a cube first Cube owners: YOU DO NOT NEED A GBA TO ENJOY THIS GAME. The one player is great on its own. Expand
  11. ThomasR.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Awesome co-op game.
  12. LarsenP.
    Jan 8, 2005
    I have felt as if I went back in time when I first played 'A Link to the Past'. The pointis that this one plays even better!!!!! Long live 2D! If you loved Zelda III, you shouldnpt miss this one. It rocks!
  13. CameronM.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Pretty good game i like it its all about the multiplayer and Shadow battle.
  14. KevinM.
    Jul 22, 2004
    It's a good game, cause it has things from the classic games like princess'es zeldas castle.
  15. Graikor
    Jun 27, 2006
    Loved this game! Perfectly charming in one-player, although it would be nice to use a collection of accessories. Exponentially better with more players.
  16. Jan 28, 2014
    Excellent on single player. Graphics and sound are incredible. It's retro like if a sequel to Link to The Past were released on 32bit (PSX/Saturn). I feel so dumb not having this game before. No Gba or extra cables are needed to singleplayer. The mission structure gives this one a Arcade-ish gameplay, with more challange than your usual Zelda, and no endless storytelling. The only reasonExcellent on single player. Graphics and sound are incredible. It's retro like if a sequel to Link to The Past were released on 32bit (PSX/Saturn). I feel so dumb not having this game before. No Gba or extra cables are needed to singleplayer. The mission structure gives this one a Arcade-ish gameplay, with more challange than your usual Zelda, and no endless storytelling. The only reason not giving this a 10 is that I cannot play the multiplayer. And I envy those who did play 4-player. Expand
  17. Jul 25, 2016
    Four Swords Adventures if fast paced and very entertaining. Who cares if the graphics aren't 3D. They do look good and the controls and story are good as well.
  18. JesseR
    Jan 18, 2010
    Four Swords Adventures isn
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    It may be one of the most difficult games to organise (every player needs their own GBA and link cable) but Four Swords Adventure is one of the most enjoyable co-operative, and sometimes competitive, multi-player experiences available on home consoles.

Imagine a four player version of A Link to the Past and you aren’t far off. Each player controls their own different coloured Link using their GBA, when they enter a building or cave for example the play switches to their GBA and no one else can see what they are up to. Working together is therefore vital to solving the games puzzles as well as defeating the toughest enemies. Brilliantly however each player is also trying to collect as many gems as possible for themselves. This leads to some fantastic moments when, having just spent twenty minutes working together to proceed through a level, all friendships are forgotten as you throw your mate of a cliff in order to collect the 200 rupee gem that has just been discovered.

As a single player experience that are better Zelda games available but if you can find three GBA owning mates Four Swords Adventure is a game not to be missed.

#11 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Vol 797; 26 Mar 2004]
  2. Every single moment of Four Swords is magically familiar and every single moment is dazzlingly fresh...Whether being experienced in the competitive, co-operative cackle of multiplay, or the captivating atmosphere of singleplayer, the extraordinary virtues of the game itself remain the same. [May 2004, p.96]
    One sure-fire classic in the making, one surprisingly entertaining competition section and an average battle game...Go on, treat yourself to a slice of 2D magic and show that once again, some of the best multiplayer experiences don't have to be online. [JPN Import]