8.9

1. Sep 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game gave me the opposite reaction of Twilight Princess. When I saw they had decided to make a cartoonish Zelda, it was a massive turn-off for me, so much that I hesitated to play it (the complete opposite of Twilight Princess where I was excited to play it). Then when I got the game, it exceeded my expectations (once again opposite of Twilight Princess where it failed my expectations), the overworld is beautiful and the exploration is just magical. The characters were vibrant and memorable, and the gameplay was well done (though it did not bring much gameplay to the series). The one qualm I have with this game is that the sailing takes too long, even when warp points start to appear in the game. The Triforce quest was also boring and took away from the excitement I had in this time so that when I got to Ganondorf I had to hype myself up again. However, overall that does not take away from how good this game was. 9.3/10 Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2014
    This game is without doubt a master piece being one of my favourite games of all time and it saddens me that it is never considered to be one of the best game ever and why I always bring it up in these conversations I cans find no fault with it bar the rare frame rate drop in lengthy cannon battles from its beautiful cell shaded graphics with I have no idea why people dislike it for me they perfectly suit the style of game windwaker is the cell shading really make everything just feel alive from the bosses to the grass yes the grass is gorgeous with the way it flow with the wind and changes when link psychically changes the direction of the wind making for some great puzzles in some of most rounded out and well designed dungeons in any of the zelda franchise it also changes up the formula from previous titles such as ocarina of time and majoras mask with its open world exploration in the vast ocean of a once glorious flooded hyrule this world contains many many islands and secrets which makes filling out the world map hard but not tedious at any stretch of the imagination with lots of references from ocarina of time such as the great deku shrub which has fully grown Over all I think that wind waker is not the best title in the zelda franchise but is easily a close second or third it is outstanding game which everyone should play if not for the game for the vast open oceans and beautiful features this game has to offer Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2014
    Much controversy still revolves around this title due to it's cutesy art style. Nonetheless, this has turned out to be an amazing title in the series. Clever dungeons, awesome art style (You know you like it), and memorable characters make it this one of the best Zelda adventures ever. 10/10 (I also reviewed the Wii U version)
  4. Jul 22, 2014
    What can be said about this game other than that it truly defines Ethereal. I grew up with this game as a kid, it was certainly gaming at it's finest.

Where do we begin? This game presents a great story, a very immersive one at that. The game controls and runs as smooth as butter. Combat is exciting and is as smooth as the rest of the gameplay. One of my favorite features of this game
    is that enemies react to getting hit, losing armor, or not even having a weapon; it provides a good laugh or chuckle seeing them react to it. Level design is fantastic, dungeons are fun but can also be puzzling and difficult at some points (as to expect from a Legend of Zelda game). The game's style is great and is very attractive, but a major positive about this game is it's soundtrack. This game has one of the most memorable soundtracks I've ever played in a video game. I remember just about every boss theme, and area tune that plays every now and then.

Out of all the Legend of Zelda games, I have to say that this game is probably the best. I recommend it to anyone.
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    Better than Ocarina of Time, better than Skyward Sword, its WIND WAKER!! Great story, great bosses, great levels, great characters, great EVERYTHING! Even link emotes, which is rarely seen in a Zelda game!
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    Cool artstyle, great gameplay, flawless story and an amazing soundtrack. What more can you ask for?

I can understand how some wouldn't take the game seriously because of the artstyle, but this **** is not to be underestimated. I felt sorry for the game, at the time, as many fans were disappointed in the way it looked, but I believe so many were really suprised when it came out. The
    story, as I said, is the unique part about this game, along with the beautiful music. One of my faves. Thank you, Nintendo. Expand
  7. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

First: i´m not a cel shading fan. Of course i´m not saying that it´s bad, and it isn´t. Sometimes it´s beautiful. Second: i love zelda, and in that time i really wanted a realistic zelda. After all this game is big because it proved by itself that it´s a masterpiece. Nintendo proved with this game that it´s a company apart from the rest
    and i explain why: 10 years later i played this game on WiiU and the feeling was... Breathtaking. Expand
  8. May 11, 2014
    I remember all the hate this game got when it first came out. I was just a kid and had no preconceived notions, so I gave it a chance and bought it new. Nostalgia aside, this game is truly one of those experiences that only Nintendo can provide. Its just magical, and if you doubt me, just give it a try.
  9. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the greatest games of all time, a flawless gem, such polish. The "controversial" cel-shaded graphics are breathtaking even by today's standards. This game is made out of magic and delicious tears of joy.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    All praise to Nintendo for the creative art direction that really brings such character to this entry in the Zelda series. As always, the quality of gameplay and puzzling is high. The sailing will no doubt get on some people's nerves, but for me, it's all build up for the atmosphere. Play this
  11. Dec 20, 2013
    This game is one of the best games I've played for GameCube! The graphics are awesome and shiny. The gameplay is very good when you actually know what you are doing. I used to play this game when I was 4 years old.
  12. Dec 20, 2013
    The only reason I'm not giving this a ten is because sailing is kind of boring but that's what the Cyclone Song is for!!! The graphics look amazing, the music was great, and it had the only camera in a 3D Zelda game that I DIDN'T HATE!
  13. Dec 12, 2013
    The best part about this game, is the big giant open world to explore, you can just sail for hours and never get bored. Sure some people may complain about the different style of graphics but that is what makes this game unique.
  14. Dec 8, 2013
    Ever wonder why Nintendo can compete with far superior consoles? Creativity. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker received much criticism for its cell shading graphics but as time passed they have allowed the game to age gracefully while giving the game a character unique in the franchise.

Graphics are not what Zelda games are about though, it is the gameplay which makes them so
    brilliant and Wind Waker does not falter in delivering great gameplay. The sense of journey sailing when around Links world and the rich characters you meet along the way make this game in my eyes deserving of equal acclaim received by previous instalments. The only criticism one could have would be the unchanged temples challenges indifferent from the previous games. However, tinker with what made the Zelda games so great? I think not.

This game took the Zelda franchise in a fresh new direction without deviating from what made the old games great. It makes you want buy a yacht and set sail....Caribbean or Polynesia?
  15. Dec 7, 2013
    Wind Waker. In my opinion it's the best Zelda game out there. Sure the sailing and tri-force shards were tedious, I admit but it really gives you a chance to feel free and explore. The story is amazing, the soundtrack is easily the best in all of Zelda, and Link himself is great. Most hate this game because of the graphics style, but have you actually sat down and played this game? If you liked Link in Ocarina of Time (who by the way is emotionless) you'll love the our new loving hero, Toon Link. A few minor flaws are the difficulty (which is very insulting to the Zelda franchise considering it's very simple,) the fact that there are only 7 dungeons (if you include the Forsaken Fortress and Ganon's Castle that is,) and of course the infamous Tri-Force quest which could've been 9 more dungeons. I wouldn't give it a ten but my score rounded is ten, I'd give it a 9.7/10. Expand
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    The Wind Waker is as good and as magical as any Zelda game can get. There is yet to be game that gives such an amazing sense of adventure as its being played. The combat feels refined, the characters and story are memorable, and the presentation with its stunning visuals, charming art style, and marvelous soundtrack fits perfectly with the experience. It's something great to experience to this day. This is the series at its finest. Expand
  17. Oct 23, 2013
    Holy this IS the best game Ever EVERYBODY who dont like are brain****ted the time where I played this was the BEST time in my hole entire life I THANK YOU NINTENDO shame on me for playing this I don't deserve it.
  18. Sep 18, 2013
    It's better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, but the sailing and Triforce quest is annoying. Using the Wind Waker for changing direction of the wind and the command melody gets extremely annoying.
    Advice for people that haven't played the game: Buy lots of bait from Beedle's, and put them out for a fish as you play the game, not all at the last minute. It helps a bunch.
  19. Sep 18, 2013
    The Best Game In The Whole UNIVERSE!!!! I loved it! So amazing,so...AWESOME!!!! Better than the other zelda games(Expect from Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask)
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    While most people say Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time (and it certainly is a true masterpiece) there is one Zelda which is even better: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The game is possibly the greatest game ever created or if not, atleast the best on the gamecube. The game's visuals (which are unfairly criticized) are gorgeous even 10 years later. While the gameplay is mostly the same as Ocarina, the few slight tweaks and adjustments mix it, the games only poor section the the infamous Triforce Quest, however the rest of the game is incredible enough to overshadow that portion. Very few games can even come close to the amazing experience of The Wind Waker. Expand
  21. Sep 11, 2013
    Very engaging, with a new take on the Zelda universe with the addition of the great sea, and cell shaded graphics. Although starts off a little sluggishly the game delivers an excellent plot where Link finds a new world on each island. The islands themselves are always exciting to stumble across, however I feel that they are a bit small and don't give the sense of habitability and realism.
    Nonetheless the game is rightly considered a classic, with many brilliant moments, my favourite being the construction of the Triforce during a difficult and challenging but thoroughly rewarding hunt.

Well worth a purchase as it is a true legend, no pun intended.
  22. Aug 20, 2013
    I quite literally adore this game, forget that it is even part of a series, this is my favorite game ever.

Are you looking for a game that you can sit down and play casually for half an hour before work? Are you looking for one that you could spend hours on without getting bored? Well you can do either with this game. The player friendly attitude of this game welcomes any type of gamer,
    and I found myself sucked into the story for hours at a time. Its easy to say to yourself 'I'll complete this dungeon and go to bed' but then you find yourself curious as to where the adventure goes next and if it isn't your first play through of the game it's just as easy to find yourself remembering the next brilliant part of the story and playing for a bit longer.

The one thing that will strike you about the game is the graphics, which are a lot more cartoony than some fans may appreciate but I think they work perfectly. They are a constant reminder of how you should be feeling whilst playing this game, calm and relaxed. Whether you like the graphics or not there is no denying that Link's facial expressions are hilarious and more importantly informative, you can always tell how our young hero is feeling. If he is angry you can tell, if he is frightened he will look scared and if he is happy then you will see this expression etched across his face.

The gameplay is flawless and everything works how you feel it should, combat is fun and item usage easy. The gameplay in this game does everything it should, and because it is so easy to grasp you can put your focus into enjoying the well told story.

Though this is quite a short game (for Zelda standards) this to just adds to the relaxed and light hearted atmosphere, it doesn't take long to get to the next part of the story and keeps momentum going for the most part.

The main theme of this game is the sailing which is good fun and is a great way to add exploration to the game. It is easy to pick up and is an interesting way to travel around the huge world. There is one part of the story where the sailing did become a bit of a chore but I am not going to give away spoilers and people who have already played this will know what I am referring to anyway, but this is the only part of the game I didn't enjoy.

The fairly low difficulty of the game does not make the experience at all unenjoyable but again fits with the atmosphere of the game. Everything just feels right.

If you have already played this game, then go and play it again, if you have not then get yourself a copy! Either on GameCube or wait until the Wii U HD release. You will not regret it.
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    Honestly, if I had to choose one of the Zelda titles to be my first and foremost favorite LoZ title of all time, I wouldn't choose Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, or any other game- I would choose Wind Waker. Everything from the reinvented art style to the awesome assortment of gadgets and gizmos you collect over your high flying high seas adventure just screams out 'epic!' to me for some reason. The boss fights were almost always phenomenal and invigorating. The areas of the world opened up to you after defeating bosses, collecting new items, or learning new tricks were always fun to explore and awesome to experience firsthand. Interacting with the awesome NPCs from Beetle to Pearl or Tetra was always exciting and even humorous or scary at times. Gannon's reimagined form was terrifying and powerful, the twist with Zelda comes at the perfect time, and tying all of that in to the original, driving story line behind nearly ever Zelda game- with Hyrule meeting some odd end or being trapped elsewhere, was epic if there ever was a true sense of the word. All in all, I loved the way the GC used the controls, even how it tied in your GB or GBA with the Tingle Tuner and other funny gizmos. The open world was one of the largest yet, and is still almost as big as others such as Twilight Princess. The experience was just...beyond true words for me. And for that reason, Wind Waker is the only perfect ten that I've ever given out in the years I've been reviewing games, and it is completely deserving of the hundreds of hours I've spent playing and replaying excellent dungeons such as Tower of the Gods and Earth Temple. You go Nintendo, and all because of what you did with this game, which is easily my favorite one out of all the others you've ever crafted. This is my love letter for Zelda essentially, and I implore you to at least give it a try if you haven't yet. Expand
  24. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best gamecube games of all time. Better then Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Smash Bro. Melee. Link is a great ip and will always have new games just like Mario, but this game was out of left field. The game is all about going island to island in your boat called King of Red Lion. This was my favorite part of the game. Its just really awesome to be link and know that no matter what direction you go in you will find something to do. There are a lot of items in game and each one has there own unique ability. Normal items that you see in every Link game like bombs and a bow an arrows are in this game but new items are out in the world that are great to look for. The music is great and matches the all around feel of the game, the graphics make the game more unique because its a more cartoon like. The Story is amazing because its about saving a princess and who doesn't like that story. In the end this is a must have and anyone who says other wise is lying to them self. Expand
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    beautiful game, beautiful atmosphere, beautiful music, beautiftul story! what more can i say! its incredibly fun going out and exploring the islands in the deep great sea! the world is so vast with tons of content to discover! you feel so free in this game! you can literally go anywhere in the map right from the get go! it would probably take you about 30 to 40 minutes to travel from one side of the map to the other! a great and wondrous game! the music is great and fits in well with what this game is trying to portray! an epic story, epic final boss battle, and lots of interesting quirky characters to meet!

only complaint with game! its too easy! way too easy! and sometimes i cant help but wonder how great this game wouldve looked if it was aimed for realistic graphics! the graphics are good, they are,! its very stylized! so i wont bang on the graphics!

overall the game is superb! if only this game was harder and more challenging, then this game wouldve fringed even closer to perfect!

9 out of 10!
  26. Jun 22, 2013
    Wind Waker is a very fun and epic game. Many have complained about the game being too short and sailing being boring, but in my opinion sailing was relaxing and, maybe I was just stupid or did a lot of sidequests, but the game felt really long to me. The dungeons are fun and diverse, there is a lot to see and do on the Great Sea, combat was fun (although too easy for the most part), characters are mostly great and unforgettable and the story was good too. There are a few flaws, like the easiness, but I enjoyed it so much, that I'm giving it a perfect ten. Expand
  27. Jun 21, 2013
    Simply put, this game is a masterpiece. It takes the solid structure of OoT and the creativity of MM and perfects them both. It's not without flaw, but the faults are easy to overlook. One of the best Zelda games around.
    9.6/10
  28. Jun 18, 2013
    I remember that I was one of the guys who thought the series was ruined by the art changes and decried as kiddy. Then I played it and it occurred to me that I was being petty and childish. The graphics and art style are fantastic, the gameplay and controls are not just some of the best in the Zelda series, but in gaming in general, and the story and dungeon design are some of the series finest.
  29. May 14, 2013
    This is my absolute favourite game of the Zelda series. Great storyline, great characters (except for Tingle, he is hideous :D) It has a lot of amazing bosses and opponents and a cool story. The only problem is that takes a little bit of time on navigating from island to island and when you don't know what to do and start to randomly navigate through islands it gets a little boring.
  30. Apr 17, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time and my favorite Zelda game. Its one of the best gaming worlds ever created. The artsyle and graphics are still amazing to this day....better than a lot of games nowadays and a lot more fun. The game has this amazing whimsical charm that transports you to this Disney-like World where you have to overcome evil. The people are kooky and fun to talk to and you encounter so many fun locations that you must explore and figure out how to traverse...its fantastic exploration element is what most games are missing nowadays. Its true, finding the triforce pieces near the end was truly a pain in the ass, but overall this game is still a masterpiece. Few games can match the soul of this game. Few games fully immerse and truly transport you to a faraway land. I remember first playing the game, and not liking the cartoony style or the simplicity of the characters, dialogue, and story. But as I played more and more, the game really grew on me. Years later, when I looked back on the game from time to time, I realized how much fun I really had playing the game. This is a game that sticks with you for a lifetime :D Expand
  31. Apr 15, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda The Wind waker is an exceptional title. The new cel-shaded art style was fitting for this game, with many interesting ideas and locations. The music is also great as per Zelda games go. But, there are some problems. Firstly, the sailing can be boring at times, and the triforce hunt at the end wasn't very fun either. But all in all, this game is amazing and a MUST HAVE for any Zelda fan.

32. Apr 6, 2013
    Im replaying this masterpiece at the moment. This game was my first LoZ game and its my favorite. I never grow tired of sailing over The Great Sea. The dungeons were a bit too short but that doesn't matter. Overall a great game!
  33. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is a beautifully crafted masterpiece. The graphics are not only colorful and vibrant, they really are timeless. This game doesn't look like a game from 2003 by any means.

The game itself is rather easy, but offers hours upon hours of a fun gaming experience. The sailing gets a bit tedious after awhile and requires the right mindset to be in for a proper experience. However,
    this is fitting for a game like this as it sets an adventurous tone. The middle part of the game drags a little bit, with the whole triforce fetch quest (to avoid spoilers, I won't go into here.) Let's just say that it takes a lot of time and is pretty repetitive.

Overall, this game is one of the stronger Legend of Zelda titles out there. If you haven't picked it up yet, what are you waiting for?
  34. Feb 26, 2013
    Great Zelda Game. I like the whole Idea with the Sea and the Sailing and everything else is top. In the beginning I wasn´t sure about Wind Waker because of the graphics but it turned out to be a great game.
  35. Jan 30, 2013
    First off, this is my favorite game of all time. This game has an amazing nostalgia factor and the graphics style is my favorite of all Zelda games. I love the sailing mechanics, it felt open when sailing. It is kind of like Far Cry of Elder Scrolls, you want to walk everywhere because the world is beautiful and there are things you can do when not completing dungeons. The story is great, and with the official timeline out, it fits in. I love the characters and they are interesting. I want to delve into the lore of this game because the Zelda lore is terrific. The gameplay is terrific and the dungeons are great. The one I did not like as much was the final dungeon, it felt too short. The final dungeon of OoT was great, it was the perfect size. But other than that, I love everything about the game. The items are great (the telescope is the only exception), which is one thing Zelda does right. The items are always creative. The quests are great, using the advantage of the Great Sea and boat travel. The Wind Waker was great playing the different songs on, it felt easy to use but a bit more complex than other Zelda games. I love almost everything about this game. If I could give it a 9.9, I would. This game is a must-own for any gamer. Get OoT, MM, and this game. You will have enough Zelda games for quite some times. Expand
  36. Jan 19, 2013
    One of the greatest games of my childhood and to this day is the Wind Waker. Never before have I seen such a beautiful, unique world that enraptures the player with a seamless combination of wonderful gameplay, story, and aesthetics. Everything in this game exudes a timeless magic that I hope one day my children, and even you, can experience.
  37. Dec 30, 2012
    This is my favorite Zelda. Zelda is freakin' hott in this one, even if she looks like she's 12. Overall i'd say this game is super **** plus Zelda has nice ****
  38. Dec 8, 2012
    There is a reason why this is my favorite game of all time. I had it as a kid and loved it. And I still love it today. Fun, amazing graphics, emotional, epic, and very recommended. 10/10.
  39. Oct 7, 2012
    I think it's the best in the series; Best soundtrack, unique story(until TP), realistic characters, beautifully unique graphics, free camera range, greatest overworld, and a crap ton of extra content. I'm actually a bit disappointed in Nintendo for thinking they had to apologize by making Twilight Princess.
  40. Aug 23, 2012
    When I first saw this game I was like, "WHAT THEY DO TO THE GRAPHICS?". That kept me from buying WW in the first place. I then played this game at a friend's house and it was amazing. Large over-world to explore, great story and potential to speed-run. 10/10 and that's being strict in my rating.
  41. Aug 10, 2012
    Wind Waker is a once in a lifetime kind of adventure, and is certainly in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It is a game that is timeless, because even today it trumps many games being released, not only in gameplay, but in visuals and aesthetics. Wind Waker is a rare gem that will hold it's splendor and depth for decades, provided the hardware lasts.
  42. Jun 13, 2012
    One of the best Zeldas in the series. Fantastic art graphics and smooth gameplay. Easy for anyone to play. Storyline is once again top notch as is the entire environment. Probably one of the best soundtracks of any game out there. Aside from it being extremely fun, this Zelda title brought me back to loving the series since Ocarina of Time. In my opinion, it was probably the best in the series since I fell in love with the whole game. Expand
  43. Jun 11, 2012
    Certainly my favorite Zelda game. Lots of fun content. cool storyline with a great ending, one of the best game atmospheres ever created. Beautiful graphics, great gameplay; although some dungeons are forgettable.
  44. May 26, 2012
    My favourite childhood game of all time. I loved every aspect of this game; story, gameplay, etc and I especially loved two aspects of the game alot of fans disliked; sailing and the cel-shaded graphics. The sailing was one of my favourite parts of the game because of the vast ocean that I loved to explore and find new islands to explore and find hidden treasure in them. The graphics was a nice turn of style as it was all bright and colourful which was nice and made me want to sail the ocean when it was day as it was all very bright and made me feel happy and adventurous. As I said before ever aspect was great and there were no flaws at all. Expand
  45. May 18, 2012
    So much memories here. I first played OoT and MM, yet I still love this. A lot of people didn't like the more childish approach. I disagree. The graphics are amazing, even skyward sword, 8 years later, doesn't look much better. But the STORY is what makes WW a masterpiece for me. 10/10
  46. Feb 28, 2012
    A amazing piece of work! I absolutely love this game. It is positively entertaining. On the downside it takes FOREVER to get to one island to the other. Overall a amazing game.
  47. Feb 2, 2012
    The graphics are gorgeous , very gorgeous from the beginning to the end . While some stupid Zelda fans cried foul over that , they are considered the thrash in this list full of positive reviews. It looks fresh , tantalizing, impressed and pleased that Nintendo did this bold movement. The gameplay and the exploration are the main themes here. Even the sound/music is beautiful.
  48. Jan 17, 2012
    Fantastic Legend of Zelda game, very unique with a more light hearted approach. Although the game needed a few more dungeons and some harder boss fights.
  49. Dec 20, 2011
    This game is one of those games that I play and finish. Then after a while I play it again. Because its that good. I loved every single thing about this game! Only problem was my classmate taking it and never giving it back :( It was a special edition with the ocarina of time too!! T_T
  50. Dec 7, 2011
    Greatest Game Cube title ever made. Along with Ocarina of Time the greatest game ever made for consoles. People who like The Wind Waker will also like Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS.
  51. Nov 23, 2011
    If you can get past the graphics (which I personally prefer) then this is perhaps the best entry in the Zelda series. It has an absolutely massive overworld, it's often hard to progress the story because there's just so much random interesting stuff! Once you do get to the dungeons, they are cleverly designed, and the game overall has a sense of epicness to it. My favorite Zelda, and I have played all of them from OoT. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is pure genius. Its fun for everyone and it just never gets old. nothing more to say really besides buy it if you get the chance as you wont regret it. :)
  53. Nov 18, 2011
    Truly a gaming masterpiece, from art direction to simple yet very engrossing game play and design, this is one of Nintendo's masterpieces, and arguably the best Zelda game ever created.
  54. Nov 17, 2011
    How did i know this game would have a good rating, i guess you people have great taste. What a great game this is, not quite the perfect 10/10 Ocarina of Time, but that's just fine, this game is still a beauty and deserves a solid 9.8
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    Every zelda game is great, they all just have feel to them that no other series can create, wind waker is simply magical. easily my favourite zelda, the vast ocean, is like i said: vast, with loads of little islands to explore, and hundreds of secrets to discover. what makes this zelda so much better than the others is the fantastic atmosphere it has, the cartoony cel shaded art style and fantastic music help create this but i can't help but think it would still have almost the same magic if it was sprite based and on the snes. all the characters in the game just ooze, well, character, and because of this you've got a permanent smile on your face while you play. sailing your ship across this huge ocean just feels infinitely more dramatic and exciting than running across the fields of OoT or TP. and there is a real fear of when you may actually be forced to fight while on the sea, your confined to the boat, which as a sail boat, has two settings: too fast or too slow for combat. this can make for some exiting battles but finding an island or submarine and climbing onto it to fight is ultimately more fun, luckily you'll get a cannon eventually, which means you wont just speed past most of the ocean enemies. i could waffle on about the game for hours but in the end, it's the same old zelda formula, and it's just as good as ever, and due to a fantastic game world, is the strongest entry in the series. Expand
  56. Nov 12, 2011
    Wind Waker, the primary Zelda game in the Gamecube's lifespan, is one of the most unique Zelda games ever. Exploration is increased in this game, although you will find yourself in large patches of ocean that contain nothing a lot of the time. This time, Link transverses from point A to point B via boat over the Great Sea, instead of the land of Hyrule. The cel shaded graphics are gorgeous, definitely a smart choice by Nintendo. Wind Waker's story occurs 1000 years after Ocarina of Time, and expands on those events so effectively. It is so traditional Zelda, it gives me nostalgia shivers. The gameplay is as solid as ever, including a couple of additions to the swordplay like the parry attack, which is nice. The pacing in the game would be near perfect if it weren't for a very tedious collecting process close to the end of the game. The overworld design, despite some blankness is one of my favorites of the series. I actually feel like a sailor. If I could give this game a score between 9 and a 10 I would... specifically a score of 9.7. Expand
  57. Nov 6, 2011
    Traveling through the Great Seas of Zelda Wind Waker shows that few games have ever had greater visuals. It is such a fun game that it made me forget about Ocarina of Time for a while. It deserves a 10 for many reasons, but none more than for its graphics and gameplay, which are amazing. It is better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion.
  58. Nov 3, 2011
    Such a paramount piece of my childhood. i got this game back in 2003, shortly after its release, and was quickly addicted. To this day I love picking up the game with my college buddies and exploring the Great Sea. Great story, fantastic setting, unparalleled gameplay, and fantastic music.
  59. Oct 31, 2011
    one of the best games ever!!!! on par with oot and mm but very diferent, i ve played this game for more than 100 h just finishing side quests imagine how BIG is this game, it also features AMAZING visuals clean sharp with great animation a superb draw distance.....masterpiece.......haters go fawk yourself
  60. Jun 12, 2011
    When I saw the game's graphics I was pretty disappointed having grown up with OOT and MM, but I grew to accept it the instant I stared playing. This is one of the best Zelda games there is, and the animation actually works to invoke a certain emotional sense that previous games in the series didn't allow the characters to have. This really is a great game, and the story increases the lore of Hyrule and creates an entirely new world to explore. There's lots of great side-quests and a vast ocean to explore. There's very little not to do in this game, and you can't beat it in a matter of a few hours. This is a game that will take you a few days at the very least and is definitely worth buying. Expand
  61. May 27, 2011
    Pretty much one of the greatest games ever made and have always preferred this over any Zelda game, especially the fan favorite Ocarina of Time. Amazingly charming and beautiful graphics which still holds up to this day, perfect controls, excellent music, fantastic gameplay, absolutely epic story and a seemingly endless and satisfying lasting appeal. There is so much to do and explore in this game and all your time spent playing is worth the hours. If you have a Gamecube or a Wii, do yourself a massive favour and buy it for yourself, your friends, your family and your pets. Expand
  62. Apr 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker isn't perfect, but it is as breathtakingly innovative and visually groundbreaking as any NGC game will ever be. Pros: A visually stellar balance of cartoonish design and 3-D environment; excellent controls, camera, and audio; thoroughly involving story; charming characters; lots of bosses, puzzles, and secrets. Cons: The sailing is beautiful at first, but remember, this is more than half of the game; more islands to explore would've been even better; needs a GBA and link cable to unlock ALL of the secrets. Expand
  63. Dec 18, 2010
    Nintendo have certainly kept their expectations high while creating this game, an amazing story line (as always) and a very well though out layout (dungeons and the Great Sea). The "Wind Waker" for me, ranks higher than the "Twilight Princess" and "Majora's Mask", and can't wait for the next game to be released ..

64. Nov 21, 2010
    Zelda wind waker es de lo mejor, buena musica ,excelentes efectos , un arte deslumbrante ,una buena historia y sobre todo un zelda de pie a cabesa.
    Lo bueno es principalmente su arte y jugabilidad, deseño de personajes su fantastica banda sonora y sobre todo el ambiente que procrea zelda.
    Lo malo es que es un poco corto nada mas.
    En conclusion el mejor videojuego de game
    cube que uno no puede dejar de jugar aunque ya sea muy antiguo sigue teniendo un enganche y grafica maravillosa Expand
  65. Nov 16, 2010
    People should stop complaining about how bad the graphics are, they're actually really good. I didn't like how Link looked like an annoying little kid either, and the storyline is a bit immature but the gameplay is possibly the best there has ever been in Zelda. There are WAY more sidequests than in Ocarina of Time (and maybe even Majora's Mask) and the dungeons are a blast to play through, evne if they are a bit easy. Definitely worth your time. Expand

1. 10 / 10 / 10/ 10 - 40 platinum
    When one picks up the controller, the ability to step into that time and place (never more hauntingly beautiful than in this latest instalment) never loses its allure. Even the most hardened of cynics would have to admit that this title is something else entirely. It's the stuff of dreams. [JPN Import]
    Simply a stunning, magical game.