TimeSplitters 2 GameCube

8.8

1. MathijsH.
    Mar 3, 2004
    I think timesplitters 2 is a very solid and good game. If you are looking for some kind of halo clone, than this isn't the game you are looking for. But if you like original FPS and don't expect this to be exactly like halo, I can really recommend it.
  2. Jamie
    Jul 5, 2008
    Its a good combo of FUN and time, its got objectives wich are challenging and multiplayer soooooooooo good the modes are really creative.
  3. AaronB.
    Jan 19, 2005
    One of the best i got it for christmas two years ago we did not play it because we were hooked on ps2.now our ps2 broke so we play it alot i can give you a cool glitch. Glitch:The glitch is if you go to shrink mode in the training ground get killed alot so you can get small go to the waterfall and there will be a little cave go through it and you will end up in mid air!!you can see theOne of the best i got it for christmas two years ago we did not play it because we were hooked on ps2.now our ps2 broke so we play it alot i can give you a cool glitch. Glitch:The glitch is if you go to shrink mode in the training ground get killed alot so you can get small go to the waterfall and there will be a little cave go through it and you will end up in mid air!!you can see the board and the computer can see you but they will run into the wall.then if your playing on 2 player if you are both in mid air you can only see each other from different angles. Expand
  4. ShaneH.
    Mar 20, 2006
  5. RavM.
    Oct 24, 2008
    This game is frikkin' beautiful. The multi-player facet is amazing, especially since there are billions of modes. The story is quite good ass well (it was the first game I saw tat added more mission objectives as you increased the mission difficulty level). very stylish graphics and great music. Dude, this pwns Halo and everything else!!!
  6. EricL.
    Apr 29, 2004
    One of the few fPS's i'll actually enjoy playing. good graphics and cool gameplay.
  7. JessicaA.
    May 14, 2004
    The graphics remind me of late 90's PC games, but the game play in the arcade modes is stellar and insanely addicting. The story mode is alright, but the real fun is in the arcade modes. I think my favorite is Arcade custom, especially when you make the weapons set explosives.. Nothing like trying to fight a war with only mines of various sorts. The attention to detail is amazing, The graphics remind me of late 90's PC games, but the game play in the arcade modes is stellar and insanely addicting. The story mode is alright, but the real fun is in the arcade modes. I think my favorite is Arcade custom, especially when you make the weapons set explosives.. Nothing like trying to fight a war with only mines of various sorts. The attention to detail is amazing, and there is humor in loads. Nothing like throwing a mine on someone and they run around like theve gone craz. Everything from flaming monkeys to 20's flappers, this game is great. Great replay value. The challenges are often tough and hard to beat, if you dont get too frustrated too easily, its a lot of fun to finally get the gold. Too bad theres no internet play! Gamecube as a whole lacks good internet play, hopefully splinter cell pandora tomorrow will fix that! Expand
  8. JesseG.
    Jun 19, 2004
    This game is awesome, if you want an action packed game It has a lot of shooting and some really cool weapons. It is one of the best shooting games. The graphics are great. The guns and people look real. You can have 1-4 players and it is amazing. it is worth buying. So buy it today!!!
  9. FickleGuy
    Aug 23, 2004
    This game is soo fun, with all the challenges, guns, characters it never gets old. creative levels and different time periods make it great and fun. it has so many game modes and an awesome multiplayer. to me this is the "halo killer". Me and my freinds still play it after buying it a long time ago.
  10. MikeH.
    Mar 25, 2005
    I absolutely love Timesplitters 2. It is the best shooter ever. It is a fast paced game with so much extra stuff and game modes. It is better than the Halos and ea's bond games. I have had it for a while and there is still more extras to unlock. This game is a must have.
  11. RickyO.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Brilliant single player levels with loads of character and short bursts of fun. 130 characters to unlock and one of the best multiplayer games of all time. (4player is only beat by Future Perfect). The closest thing to Goldeneye that we'll ever see. I absolutely love Timesplitters 2. It is the best shooter ever. It is a fast paced game with so much extra stuff and game modes. It is Brilliant single player levels with loads of character and short bursts of fun. 130 characters to unlock and one of the best multiplayer games of all time. (4player is only beat by Future Perfect). The closest thing to Goldeneye that we'll ever see. I absolutely love Timesplitters 2. It is the best shooter ever. It is a fast paced game with so much extra stuff and game modes. It is not better than the Halos but it's still good. I have had it for a while and there is still more extras to unlock. This game is a must have. Expand
  12. Clayton
    Sep 19, 2006
    The 100% absolute best game I have ever played period.
  13. AlexanderM.
    Jun 4, 2007
    To Dan: Dan clearly you are mad at the point that you can't beat the level the Atom Smasher. That is the point of the Game! It's realy hard! But you need to pratice more. I have beaten it after replaying it over 30 times. But the more you pratice the better you get. Now the hardest level in any game that I have ever played is the Robot Factory (on hard mode). My brother and I To Dan: Dan clearly you are mad at the point that you can't beat the level the Atom Smasher. That is the point of the Game! It's realy hard! But you need to pratice more. I have beaten it after replaying it over 30 times. But the more you pratice the better you get. Now the hardest level in any game that I have ever played is the Robot Factory (on hard mode). My brother and I have never faced a level so hard in our game playing lives. So just because it puts up a great fight to me and my brother, I give it a 10 out of 10 Expand
  14. EmilyD.
    May 21, 2004
    AWESOME- play it for hours.
  15. JoshF.
    Feb 24, 2005
    I love all of the timesplitters series and i do not care what anyone says it is the best fps ever made.
  16. AustinG.
    Dec 13, 2003
    This game was rated very accurately. It looks and plays great. It is very addictive. All the whiners that are complaining about the controls (aiming) just have no coordination. The challenge missions are a blast, and there are tons of extras. This game can easily be found for less than 20 bucks now, which is a steal. Give it a try.
  17. Jan 13, 2011
    This game is the best multiplayer game ever made and it's better than all of the crappy halo games that have been created. What's best is when you play story mode on hard, you can't even really beat the game and that's what should be happening with all of the easy games that are being created.
  18. Feb 28, 2012
    This game is fantastic!! SO much fun! It plays great, feels great, even looked great for it's day! I enjoyed the gameplay, the story, the missions, the guns, everything!
  19. Oct 28, 2011
    Excellent game indeed. Who cares about the story when the game itself is fun as hell? Story mode has great amount of variation and the higher difficult level, the more objectives and other level chances you get. Challenge, Arcade Leagues and Mapmaker add A LOT of play time to the game, which will already have more than enough of play time, because the single player and multiplayer areExcellent game indeed. Who cares about the story when the game itself is fun as hell? Story mode has great amount of variation and the higher difficult level, the more objectives and other level chances you get. Challenge, Arcade Leagues and Mapmaker add A LOT of play time to the game, which will already have more than enough of play time, because the single player and multiplayer are great. The only bad things are weak weapons in the multiplayer and lack of checkpoints in the Hard difficult setting (You might be forced to do the entire level, if you die). Other wise, it's so damn good game you will be spending few years at least playing it before you start to get tired of it. Must buy game. Expand
  20. [Anonoymous]
    Jun 17, 2003
    I was expecting great things of this game - the 2nd i purchased for my xbox after halo. I must have read 20 reviews chailing it as the best FPS ever. . . was i playing the same game? the graphics, the sound, the animation, the level structure, the weapons - but above all the actual controld and aiming system were so poor i felt i had been robbed of my money. I took my copy back to the I was expecting great things of this game - the 2nd i purchased for my xbox after halo. I must have read 20 reviews chailing it as the best FPS ever. . . was i playing the same game? the graphics, the sound, the animation, the level structure, the weapons - but above all the actual controld and aiming system were so poor i felt i had been robbed of my money. I took my copy back to the shop the next morning. this is no goldeneye beater - and no way comes close to halo. if you like first person shooters - good ones - then this is definitely not for you. Expand
  21. AaronH.
    Dec 2, 2002
    No matter what you think of the one player mode and the storyline just sit back and play the multiplayer mode and you'll be hooked!
  22. THeimminent26
    Mar 6, 2003
    A lot of sources overate this game. The single player is way too short, In Multiplayer it is near impossible to use a sniper rifle. On the other hand the mass of multiplayer modes is quite nice, Most of the weapons are balanced which is good, and you can play as death(or something like that.).Not a buy for everyone but a solid title for multiplayer (It is not a Halo though)
  23. KarlM.
    Nov 3, 2002
    Sweet game, awesome weapons, detailed levels, smooth and fast, and the multi-player will always keep you coming back for more. Best shooter game I've seen in a long, long time.
  24. GordonW.
    Dec 9, 2002
    Come on state o' u people u obviously have no friends .The multi-player is absolutly fantastic ;4-player with a stonking 10 bots! Though the story leaves something to be desired Godeneye didn't even have a storyline but it was an absolute classic.
  25. Macca
    Nov 15, 2002
    Above average, but it has got a big flaw. The aiming system is rubbish. I mean its like trying to aim while tight roping. It?s that difficult. Give me Halo any day over this. Plus the multiplier is far too chaotic. I say wait until a better first person shooter comes out. If you can?t wait until then, then may I recommend cold showers every day, until better games gets released.
  26. KevenY.
    Nov 17, 2003
    I bought this game without renting it, assuming this metascore would be right for me too. And woah... I am just amazed... this game never ends.. there is so many xtras, it is so flexible, your fun never ends. I've played alone, with two players, 3 players (goes up to four) and each mode is great. This game, I think, is to be discontinued soon, now it is sold for nothing, don't I bought this game without renting it, assuming this metascore would be right for me too. And woah... I am just amazed... this game never ends.. there is so many xtras, it is so flexible, your fun never ends. I've played alone, with two players, 3 players (goes up to four) and each mode is great. This game, I think, is to be discontinued soon, now it is sold for nothing, don't hesitate, get it... NOW!! Expand
  27. Uter
    Jun 4, 2003
    The story is a joke. the characters animate very unnaturally (though smooth). the music is fluff. but even with all that there's a lot i really like. both single and multiplayer have plenty to keep ya occupied for a long time. so far, this is my favorite next gen fps.
  28. Dan
    Dec 27, 2004
    This game is good until you get to Atom Smasher on the hardest setting. Then you see all the grief the programmers loaded into this game. I beat both Golden Eye and Perfect Dark on hard without cheats but I've yet to beat Atom Smasher and have gotten to where I don't want to (it is simply not fun). I've decided this will be my last title from the programmers who created This game is good until you get to Atom Smasher on the hardest setting. Then you see all the grief the programmers loaded into this game. I beat both Golden Eye and Perfect Dark on hard without cheats but I've yet to beat Atom Smasher and have gotten to where I don't want to (it is simply not fun). I've decided this will be my last title from the programmers who created Golden Eye. I see they've lost all their creativity and are flat out using malicious tactics to make a game hard. On Atom Smasher you are timed because there are 4 or 5 bombs you must deactivate one after the other (only you must get scientists to deactivate most of them). The game play is so poorly done and so random that I was killed in 3 gun shots (I suppose 2 or more of them were to the head). This is crazy considering you have to fight 2 or more people at one time (so that makes it impossible to head shot everyone before they shoot you). Also, some times when you shoot some one the cross hairs will show you are over their head yet they won't die in one hit (This happens about 5 percent of the time). So, they expect you to be perfect when they aren't. What is worse you must use a magnet to diffuse one bomb by lifting it from its moving platform and by dropping it into a hole. When the magnet decides to lift the bomb is totally random like so much of this game. If random makes a game hard (and I mean by uncontrollable random) that is ridiculous. I want a game that can be mastered, I don't want to do the same crap over and over again because someone with a tiny imagination succumbed to randomness and flat out surprises, that is simply a waste of time. On the whole I would say these games are progressively getting worse. If I have to be a bot with picosecond reflexes to beat a game on hard its simply a waste of time. I have to overcome enough crap and grief at work. I don't go home to play games for more of it. There are other bugs in this game (which as a software engineer I can tolerate) but when hard setting is as difficult as this it is unacceptable. This game is best enjoyed by people who have no desire of fully beating a game and possibly by those with inhuman reflexes. Expand
  29. Isaac
    Nov 16, 2002
    Framerates are good, even in 4-person split screen, but this doesn't save this shoddy title. Look in the credits and you'll notice there's no one with the title "Designer" and it is completely obvious. The storyline is trite and amateur, even by gaming standards. The levels are of an embarassing quality and a thoroughly amateur design. The AI is passable but uninteresting. Framerates are good, even in 4-person split screen, but this doesn't save this shoddy title. Look in the credits and you'll notice there's no one with the title "Designer" and it is completely obvious. The storyline is trite and amateur, even by gaming standards. The levels are of an embarassing quality and a thoroughly amateur design. The AI is passable but uninteresting. The character models are alright, but the animations are weak. I read all the reviews and was expected something of an exceptional quality (and always prepared to settle for just "OK") but not only was I disappointed, I was almost angered. Yet it's difficult to be mad when you are laughing at something so bad. Free Radical Design, and the sites that gave this much above my generous "6", should be ashamed. This feels like a game built in nine-months. As a game developer myself, it's extremely rare for me to return a game, but this one is going back to EB immediately. Expand
  30. K.Y.
    Mar 18, 2003
    Awesome is the only way to describe it and it's multiplayer features.
  31. Oct 13, 2012
    Almost everything about this game is perfect, the storymode is awesome, the other game modes are awesome, the mapmaker is awesome, the gameplay is awesome etc. etc. it's one of the best games that I've ever played and I still play it. One of the best things about this game is the music, I've never heard such awesome music in a game before, it really increases the fun & athmosphere!
  32. May 28, 2012
    Was a fun game with friends.
  33. Mar 21, 2013
    To start it off, I am not the biggest fan of first person shooters. When I play them, I either quit because I feel sorry for the NPC's or because of DMS (doom induced motion sickness). I was extremely satisfied with Timesplitters 2. First off, the campaign is great. It has a very great variety of different play styles. There are some stealth portions that are loads of fun, even for aTo start it off, I am not the biggest fan of first person shooters. When I play them, I either quit because I feel sorry for the NPC's or because of DMS (doom induced motion sickness). I was extremely satisfied with Timesplitters 2. First off, the campaign is great. It has a very great variety of different play styles. There are some stealth portions that are loads of fun, even for a stealth hater like me. There are small escort missions that although the characters you escort are slow, it gives you time to expirament with the games amazing combat. My favorite portions however, are towards the end, where you have to fight off some overpowered monsters called the TimeSplitters, or escape to the Time Portal. Although some reviewers like XRAIN say that the story is bad. The story is humorous, and it is always fun to see where the story takes you, or makes you do next. You think this is all the game has, but you will be wrong. There is Arcade mode, which makes for some addicting challenges based off of the games many multiplayer modes. There is also Arcade Custum, where you can play the multiplayer, either against CPU bots or against other people in the room with CPU bots. There is challenge mode, where you are put into hard challenges, doing everything from chattering glass, to using stealth to beat a level. There is also a map maker, but I have not had the chance to use it. It was impossible to decide weather this game deserves a 9 or 10 out of 10. Then one thing came to me. This game is extremely re-playable. This game is speed run friendly. The multiplayer, will make you want to see more, especially in the free for all death match mode and Bag Tag (the games equivalent to HALO'S oddballs). It is addicting to beat your fastest times in arcade and challenge modes. It is also fun to try do do multiple play-throughs of the campaign. I realized, that if I got this game when game cube was popular, I might have been playing this, and only this until, Timesplitters 4 comes out. If you want an epic productivity killer, get Timesplitters 2. This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I hope you readers will enjoy it Expand
  34. Mar 8, 2017
    Potentially my favourite FPS of all time, the depth to Timesplitters 2 is insane, and the customisation makes the game the most re playable game of the 6th generation. It is the only game where you can play as a monkey with 2 sub machine guns, or as a octopus, or a ginger bread man, and the list goes on. The game is set in different time periods, however the story line is a bit hard toPotentially my favourite FPS of all time, the depth to Timesplitters 2 is insane, and the customisation makes the game the most re playable game of the 6th generation. It is the only game where you can play as a monkey with 2 sub machine guns, or as a octopus, or a ginger bread man, and the list goes on. The game is set in different time periods, however the story line is a bit hard to follow and not worth mentioning. The different time periods add so much variety to the game as you have different weapons enemies and map design based on the time period. My favourite was the wild west level as the dual revolver felt amazing to use. The soundtrack is one of the greatest original soundtracks of any game, and I find myself going back to listen to the soundtrack on occasion. The game features 3 difficulty levels, but difficulty increase not only decreases health but also adds 2 objectives per difficulty to add depth to the campaign. For example you may access locations in the levels you never would usually go in easy but you must go in medium or hard. This was taken from Perfect Dark and Goldeneye which are made by the same group of people. The game features several fun and fast paced multiplayer modes which will keep you playing for years, the customisation for each mode goes as deep as health, weapons, music etc. The game also has a co-op mode which is progressed individually from the single player. You can play up to 4 people on in local play and 2 in co-op. Possibly one of Timeplitters 2's best feature is the minigames built into your temporal uplink. One of the mini games: snake in my opinion is arguably the best version of snake I've yet to play. Game also has a challenge mode and arcade mode for earning more characters, platinum trophies and increasing the completion rate. The game has heaps of unlockables, secret areas and easter eggs. Overall Timesplitters 2 is a must play even in 2017. Find it and play it, you won't regret it! Expand

#9 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002
#17 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2002

1. A whole new level in FPS gaming and I think everyone should get it. It is better than both "Goldeneye" and "Perfect Dark," and even better than "Halo."
  2. netjak
    The game is lightning fast, smoother than silk and chugs along like a Maserati at 60 frames per second. Yipes, was all I could say the first hour of play.
  3. What really stands out about Time Splitters 2 is not the gobs of stuff they’ve thrown in, but that each gob is so well crafted.