Tony Hawk's American Wasteland GameCube

8.0

1. RyanM.
    Jan 23, 2006
    When the greatest slogan or advertising ploy with this game is the fact it has no laod times, which is completely falso due to the excessive lagging when entering and exiting areas, something ahs gone terribly array. The game is Tony hawk, and truly, nothing else has to be said. I must comment on a few "new" aspects, for they mix up the gameplay a bit. The bike has substantially different When the greatest slogan or advertising ploy with this game is the fact it has no laod times, which is completely falso due to the excessive lagging when entering and exiting areas, something ahs gone terribly array. The game is Tony hawk, and truly, nothing else has to be said. I must comment on a few "new" aspects, for they mix up the gameplay a bit. The bike has substantially different controls, which could be rewarding for those willing to give it time. A few new tricks there, various levels which look way too similar, and a slew of lame unlockable skaters, plague this game. The classic mode, surprisingly enough, is actually a sclaed down version of what we saw in the previous 5-6 entries. There are less levels and the goals contain that tony hawk style, yet are way too simplistic for anyone to worry over for more than a few minutes time. Story mode is easy, even on sick, and can be completed in less than 8 hours. All in all, the game is solid. Yes, these flaws run rampant, and bring down the quality of the game, but for Tony hawk fans alike, we have taken these flaws every time and continue to buy each entry. for fans coming in to the series, start here, for lucky for you, story mode is one long and monotonous tutorial which you can take and run with. We all know and it is quite obvious, Tony Hawk needs a revitilization. As for now we have Tony Hawk American Wasteland....THUG 3 with flair. Collapse
  2. JonathanG.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Fun but I feel as though it is time to stop making Tony Hawk games. Either that or change the storyline compley I mean to where it is almost uncomparable to other THUG or THAW.
  3. AlexanderO.
    Dec 6, 2005
    I think that this game is really good and all but the levels are poorly made, and the lack of the create a deck option and create a player option in story mode is a real let down, but it's still pretty fun . Also the massiv amount of glitches and the fact that your character gets full stats way to easily in story mode I still found it sort of fun. I guess.
  4. JesseM.
    Dec 4, 2005
    The gameplay continues to be marred be insane amounts of glitches.
  5. ChrisB.
    Dec 4, 2005
    American Wasteland takes the Tony Hawk series and goes two steps forwards and one back. The inclusion of new moves, no loadtimes, BMXs, and a more intresting story goal (Assemble random junk for a skate park) is a step beyond THUG 1 and 2, but the game suffers from more glitches and camera issues (Camera is something I never had a problem with before in the series) than a TH game since American Wasteland takes the Tony Hawk series and goes two steps forwards and one back. The inclusion of new moves, no loadtimes, BMXs, and a more intresting story goal (Assemble random junk for a skate park) is a step beyond THUG 1 and 2, but the game suffers from more glitches and camera issues (Camera is something I never had a problem with before in the series) than a TH game since THPS3. Some of the goals are litterally impossible, (Eg. Early on you're asked to run up the wall and backflip into a natas spin. Problem is you jump WAY too far to land on the pole!) but most are very easy for anyone who has completed the previous titles. The level design quality is mixed, the Oil Rig, Santa Monica and the final Skate Ranch are all great, but Hollywood and Beverly Hills are bland and boring. Classic Mode is not as good as in THUG2, the levels, while huge, are not well designed either (Except Kyoto) and it all feels like its been done before. The inability to use your created skaters in story mode and your story skater anywhere else is a real draw back, as is the lack of a Create-A-Deck option (Missed since THUG) If you don't have a TH game, or are looking for a new challenge this is worth a buy. The jackass stuff from THUG 2 is pretty much gone, but so is the excelent level design that game had. This is really a game fans will enjoy but new commers would be best looking at older titles. Expand
  6. JoshA.
    Oct 24, 2005
    I think that more games should be like this game and this game deserves a well earned 10
  7. DuncanW.
    Oct 18, 2005
    Another great addition, plenty to do, and a whole new world to do it in.
  8. JakeM.
    Oct 12, 2005
    It looks better than ever.

1. An old game in new clothing.
  2. The title is just painfully apt: never has a free-roaming structure brought so little to improve the quality of a game's world. The mooted open-ended environments of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland feel like a fallacy, a bleak repackaging for hocking the game to a jaded audience. [Dec 2005, p.107]
  3. When only a couple of challenges require you to break the million point barrier, only the weakest players will have trouble acing the game in hours. [Christmas 2005, p.107]