8.9

1. Sep 17, 2012
    Wow! This game came out in 2001? I find that hard to believe because the gameplay looks like 2004. This is among the best sports games I have played. Not only have the skateboarding physics improved, but the large amount of customization and fantastic level design are great. The controls can be very difficult, so I recommend this to more experienced players. You can not only create yourWow! This game came out in 2001? I find that hard to believe because the gameplay looks like 2004. This is among the best sports games I have played. Not only have the skateboarding physics improved, but the large amount of customization and fantastic level design are great. The controls can be very difficult, so I recommend this to more experienced players. You can not only create your own skater character, but also your own skate park! Expand
  2. Cooldude
    Jan 11, 2002
    Better than the ps2 version. (PS):XBOX SUCKS!!!
  3. DanielM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Best extreme sports title made by a human.
  4. AudreyH.
    Nov 29, 2001
    Visibly better than the PS2 version, no doubt. I don't really care about playing online, so the Cube version's got it all for me. Now I have to get back to Bam...
  5. RyanB.
    Jan 12, 2002
    Sweetest game ever way better than ps2 and xbox.
  6. JamesM.
    Jan 19, 2002
    I love this game, so many secret characters.
  7. KafkaF.
    Jan 31, 2002
    NOT A 10, DEFINITELY NOT A 10. though a 1000 times better than THPS3 on all other systems, and 1000 times better than THPS 2 on the n64 (not the dreamcast) this game misses the point that TPHS2 n64 also missed. In the level creator, you need lip trick gaps. Being an ameteur skater myself, i have to say this game is quite complete especially with the videos and the any character free style NOT A 10, DEFINITELY NOT A 10. though a 1000 times better than THPS3 on all other systems, and 1000 times better than THPS 2 on the n64 (not the dreamcast) this game misses the point that TPHS2 n64 also missed. In the level creator, you need lip trick gaps. Being an ameteur skater myself, i have to say this game is quite complete especially with the videos and the any character free style manuals. Expand
  8. Justin
    Feb 18, 2002
    One of my most favorite games. With all the characters and other things to unlock it makes this game one of the best ive played.
  9. BruceC.
    Mar 8, 2002
    Nicely done. Outstanding gameplay, great graphics, good music. Overall a nearly perfect game!
  10. ShawnT.
    Feb 22, 2003
    This game is amazing. 10x better than ps2. i agree with the user before...what the hell is with the rap and fagget punk music.
    May 12, 2004
    This game is great, but not as good as THPS 4 in my opinion. And the music is great, and I have no idea why Ian and Shawn hated it.
  12. Bob
    Aug 18, 2002
    So much better than any of the other systems because of graphics, but this one was a little too easy to beat and THPS2 was too hard. We need a THPS1 with bigger levels, the revert, manual, and better graphics. That would be the best.
  13. HavikK
    Nov 19, 2003
    This is as close as you get to Tony Hawk perfection. The levels are awesome, the combos that you can pull are amazing. This is a must own game cube game.

1. For those who have the Dual Shock firmly hardwired into their psyche, switching over to the oddly-shpaed GameCube can prove difficult. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  2. There is no doubt about the quality of the series and its playability, but I wish for more: invention, freedom, a camera that behaves and link up play for instance.
  3. Zipping along at 60 frames per second, you almost forget you're looking at a game. [Dec 2001, p.166]