8.7

1. Oct 31, 2011
    glitches apart this game was amazing with a massive environment great visuals races fight clubs a lot of interiors shops cars weapons and blood .......... gta on steroids
  2. LoagnH.
    Jun 21, 2007
    There are many glitches in this game, but get over it. This is a good game and so was LA, if there is another game in the series coming out, hope for improvement but all in all, it's a good game.
  3. Bboy
    Apr 22, 2007
    Someone disappointing. Not because of the gameplay but because of the glitches. I was really looking forward to this game and as it was really ambitious. The gameplay is what I expected and is really fun. I find it much better than GTA IMO because of how much more in depth the whole cop thing is. It's just really fun to play....but that's if you can stand playing with the Someone disappointing. Not because of the gameplay but because of the glitches. I was really looking forward to this game and as it was really ambitious. The gameplay is what I expected and is really fun. I find it much better than GTA IMO because of how much more in depth the whole cop thing is. It's just really fun to play....but that's if you can stand playing with the glitches. Why do the developers completely RUIN the game by releasing it with a crap load of glitches that you will experience EVERY time you play the game. The game freezes, there's lots of graphical glitches (e.g the moon was in the sea once..wtf)...too many to name. Also, I'm not sure about the other versions, but the Gamecube version suffers greatly from framerate problems. You will straight away notice how unbelievably and ridiculously LAGGY the game is when on the streets and driving around. At first I though "OMG this is ridiculous...". When inside buildings though, the game is smooth. On the other hand though, the graphics and music/sound are awesome. Beats the pants off GTA any day. Models much better, a lot more detail here and there and the physics are great so you can interact a lot more with the environment. There's a lot of things happening on screen at 1 time and although it looks awesome it's sorta bogged down by the framerate. Sound effects and noises are great and fit perfectly with the game. Music is also great with a lot of real good rap. None of the mainstream crap but a lot of old school and true stuff. Overall, the game is great and still really fun to play but I always think "If they had spent a bit more time fixing all the stinking glitches and problems with this game it would have been perfect" I don't understand....it's like releasing a Zelda game (which are always very ambitious games) with a tonne of bugs and just screwing it up for everyone....grrr. Expand
  4. JackK.
    Mar 5, 2007
    This is kinda cool game, it has 3x fun than GTAs. And most important, fysics are better than every game together in the world!!!
  5. TedH.
    Nov 25, 2005
    If it weren't for the glitches, this would have my vote for the best "free roam" game ever. Occasionally, you notice a little repetition. However, the overall experience is excellent.

1. Maybe it's because I just don't like the main character, maybe it's because the story is dafter than my opening paragraph, maybe it's because it's a third rate GTA wannabe. In any case, this one should be avoided unless you really liked the first one, although this is actually a step back from the original.
  2. By keeping it real, the game retains many of the things that make navigating the real city more of a pain than a pleasure: countless faceless skyscrapers don't make for memorable landmarks, and facing the wrong way down a jammed one-way street when you're in a hurry to get somewhere is the sort of challenge few will relish. [Jan 2005, p.91]
  3. The action and depth of the game will surely please fans of the first game or those who need a GTA-genre game this year.