7.5

1. DrewtheNetherlands
    Apr 10, 2004
    I think this is just so a bad game, it's so boring after capturing thiefs all the time and the missions aren't better. Just spend your money on a good game like GTA vice city, you will have lots more fun and you will know that you see fun for your money because this is BULLSH.T.
  2. ChrisM.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This game is a very poor attempt at the GTA3 style of game. Awful controls, crap cars, boring fighting and an unispired story are just the start of this games problems. There are glitches everywhere. Cars will sink into the road, people will freeze still, the frame rate will die in the arse multiple times for no reason what so ever and the whole game will have a seizure from time to time.
  3. MysterA.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Filled with potential to be an excellent experience gamplay-wise, but also filled with very annoying control problems and bugs. The bugs in this game are real bad, so much so that I stopped trying to play this game honestly and just used cheats to get through to the end. Everytime I tried to play honestly and simply tried to have fun with this, another bug would show ruining my saved Filled with potential to be an excellent experience gamplay-wise, but also filled with very annoying control problems and bugs. The bugs in this game are real bad, so much so that I stopped trying to play this game honestly and just used cheats to get through to the end. Everytime I tried to play honestly and simply tried to have fun with this, another bug would show ruining my saved game. The story worked for me because I'm a child of the 80s and I understand where this game was coming from story-wise. There is a lot of brazen humor to be found in this game; I myself laughed out loud several times. The soundtrack is just so-so, with a few standout songs; you'd only be impressed with the soundtrack if you enjoy West Coast rap, or are easily entertained by vulgar language. If you have the patience to put up with this games many, many problems, though, you'll see that it had enormous potential that was bungled. Expand
  4. KevinF
    Dec 12, 2003
    Horrible game, i felt sick as soon as i saw the intro and the comments that kang makes every time you reach a goal or climb into a car don't help in the slightest. controls and graphics are dreadful, and this has more bugs than enter the matrix. you dissapear into walls left right and centre and i'll spare you all from my opinions of the storyline.
  5. Kev
    Dec 12, 2003
    The story is horribly cliche-ridden, the controls are awful, especially trying to shoot, graphics are dissapointing, and you WILL encounter bugs on almost every level. christopher walken is the game's only redeeming factor.

1. Not even the irreplaceable voice acting of Christopher Walken can rescue the mess of a script driving the action of True Crime, a misguided attempt to share the spotlight with the vastly superior "Grand Theft Auto." [Jan 2004, p.62]
  2. An extremely fun action game that manages to be a jack-of-all-trades without coming up short in any particular area. It lacks in depth and does have a number of technical issues, but it provides a few days of enjoyment that goes unmatched as far as cheap thrills go.
  3. As a place, Los Angeles simply isn't as much fun as Liberty or Vice. Too much of this silicon LA exists simply because the designers wanted to show that it could be done rather than because it serves any gameplay purpose. [Christmas 2003, p.107]